Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbigdave View Post
Lifelong 49ers fan and LONG time lurker (with only a handful of messages), happy Draft Day fellow Niners fans!

Exciting time as it has been for me as a draftnik (*nerd*).

The 49ers having such flexibility is really exciting, abut I do also fear where this may end up (a trade up sounds fun in theory, until we shoot through our picks). As I mentioned yesterday, I really wouldnt be totally upset if we moved back slightly from back #31 and #34 to pile up picks in rounds 2, 3 and 4 (while also getting picks for the future).

My thought process really revolves around positional value, board value and pick value. If we REALLY want to go Safety, DE and/or NT/DT then we can afford to move back a bit as the players are rated pretty similarly and there is depth in this draft.
Like you, I prefer to trade down from 31 and use the second round as my own personal stomping ground for value and quality while still having enough picks to trade for 2014 picks and taking chances on a few guys (Mathieu, Okoye, etc.) but I dont see that happening. I think if Vaccaro slips to at least 20, I think Baalke makes the move to get him. I dont see him trading up earlier than 20 for ANY player as he doesnt need to.

For 31, 34 and 61, im hoping for a CB, DE and a FS. Dont really care in what order as long as the player is projected to start this year or next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeA87 View Post
Schefter reporting that we want to move up to 12/13 to scoop Richardson. I'd like that idea, but with Haarbalke that would mean we would grab someone completely different.
Welcome to the 49ers forum. :)

I really hope we DONT trade up that much. 20 would be my limit and only for Milliner even though I see Baalke trading up if Vaccaro slips there. In the end, I still believe that our first rounder will be a player that no one has really talked about and will be a surprise.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont like Scott's final mock at all and hope it doesnt happen.

1/31 - FS Johnathan Cyprien
2/34 - DE Margus Hunt
2/61 - DT John Jenkins
3/74 - WR Keenan Allen
3/93 - C Barrett Jones

Jones is my favorite pick of the five. Would prefer Datone Jones over Hunt and Ertz over Cyprien. Would trade up to get Swearinger who's actually my favorite safety. I love the way he plays. I hate that every mock I see, we always seem to draft a NT....while I could see a NT once Justin is gone, right now, nope. UGH. Wish it was 8pm already.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since it's Thursday I'm getting 35 $ worth of wings at Buffalo wild wings yeah!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ndbigdave
Rookie

ndbigdave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Like you, I prefer to trade down from 31 and use the second round as my own personal stomping ground for value and quality while still having enough picks to trade for 2014 picks and taking chances on a few guys (Mathieu, Okoye, etc.) but I dont see that happening. I think if Vaccaro slips to at least 20, I think Baalke makes the move to get him. I dont see him trading up earlier than 20 for ANY player as he doesnt need to.

For 31, 34 and 61, im hoping for a CB, DE and a FS. Dont really care in what order as long as the player is projected to start this year or next.
I absolutely prefer moving down from #31, definitely if there is a run at a certain position or if a team is trying to move up to get a QB (being near the end of Rd1 and the start of Rd2 is crazy valuable and a lucrative position to be in).

I like Vaccaro, I do. How much more do I like him than Cyprien, Swearinger or a handful of other options? Not enough to give up true value (if we could move up by loosing only a 4th or a future 4/5th I am ok with that).

I feel the same way with many of the DE's we are linked to, do I like a number of them? Yes. Do I want to move up for one? Not really. I also think we can afford to drop down from both our top picks and STILL get the same type of impact/quality while accumulating assets for the future and giving more flexibility for other trades should we wish to swoop in and get guys.
ndbigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
ndbigdave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Since it's Thursday I'm getting 35 $ worth of wings at Buffalo wild wings yeah!

I am in law school and we have two review tonight, so I will be watching the draft from my iPad (WatchESPN Application).

I then have a basketball game at 10:30pm - so not working out great for tonight, though I hope the real fireworks come tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of rumors about us in talks with BUF and possibly trading 31 and 34 for #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ndbigdave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
A lot of rumors about us in talks with BUF and possibly trading 31 and 34 for #8.
That sure is interesting.

We still have a 2nd Rd pick in that scenario (without knowing what else we may be giving up).

With the new CBA, the higher picks dont hamstring their team with their contracts anymore.

Is the idea to move up for Millner? If not him, who? I know it isnt really a need, but what if we got Mingo to play the opposite side of Aldon? I know that is a luxury of all luxury picks - but the idea is fun.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I absolutely prefer moving down from #31, definitely if there is a run at a certain position or if a team is trying to move up to get a QB (being near the end of Rd1 and the start of Rd2 is crazy valuable and a lucrative position to be in).

I like Vaccaro, I do. How much more do I like him than Cyprien, Swearinger or a handful of other options? Not enough to give up true value (if we could move up by loosing only a 4th or a future 4/5th I am ok with that).

I feel the same way with many of the DE's we are linked to, do I like a number of them? Yes. Do I want to move up for one? Not really. I also think we can afford to drop down from both our top picks and STILL get the same type of impact/quality while accumulating assets for the future and giving more flexibility for other trades should we wish to swoop in and get guys.
I agree completely in regards to 31. If we stay at 31 and Datone Jones, Vaccaro, Milliner, Hayden, Trufant, Rhodes are gone, I definitely try to trade down. If the Browns had their second round pick, they would have been perfect if Geno Smith is still available at 31. Either way, I agree.

Safety wise, Swearinger is my favorite. I love this guy. Vaccaro is the best safety in the Draft and if he slips to 25, trading away #31 and #93 for #25 to get Vaccaro wouldnt bother me at all. It's a minor move and keeps our two second rounders intact for a CB, 3-4 DE or TE.

DL is a position I dont want to move up for at all especially when so many mock drafts have us taking a NT which makes no sense whatsoever. The NT in our defense only played 35% last year.

I would trade up to 20 for Milliner though. #31, #74 and #157 would get it done for a player who I think is the best corner and should be a shutdown cover guy. We would still have our two second rounders, our late third rounder and both fourth rounders.

Anything higher than 20 would cost at least one of our two second rounders which im not a fan of. I do think that there's a slim chance that we trade away a few players depending on who we draft with our first five picks.

I can see us trading away Culliver who's become a pain in the ass the last two months. I like him but wouldnt be surprised at all if he's traded during the Draft. Others could be Tolzien, Goodwin (if we draft a center early), Brown (who's entering the final year of his contract), Rogers (who could get traded if we were to move up for a CB) and even Whitner (who's also entering the final year of his contract) because I can definitely see us drafting two safeties with our first five picks and see Whitner being let go.

Out of all of these guys, Culliver is the most likely to be traded. He's under year three of his cheap rookie contract and I think that Baalke/Harbaugh are getting tired of him.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
No way is that happening. According to the trade value chart, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points. 31 is worth 600, 34 is worth 560, 61 is worth 292, 74 is worth 220 and 93 is worth 128. I think that we would have to give up 31, 34 and 74. No way would I do that.

Would love to know who we would take at 8 but at the same time, too much to give up. There's a lot of depth on the DL and at safety which is why I wouldnt made a huge move up.

Quote:
That sure is interesting.

We still have a 2nd Rd pick in that scenario (without knowing what else we may be giving up).

With the new CBA, the higher picks dont hamstring their team with their contracts anymore.

Is the idea to move up for Millner? If not him, who? I know it isnt really a need, but what if we got Mingo to play the opposite side of Aldon? I know that is a luxury of all luxury picks - but the idea is fun.
Agree with your assessment of the CBA but remember, I think the top picks are worth MORE than pre-2011 because of the rookie wage scale. While you would still have to give up the draft picks to move up, at least there's no huge mega contract anymore.

Would love to move up for Milliner but at the same time, not all the way up to 8. 20 max. We dont need Mingo. We have Aldon and re-signed Brooks last off-season. That would be horrible. Giving up a lot to trade up for a player we dont even need. In fact, he would probably have to beat out backup Parys Haralson just to be third on the depth chart.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I don't like the idea of trading a bounty of picks, our situation is a bit different. It's been hashed out here pretty good - we just don't have that many roster spaces.

Put me firmly in the Star Lotulelei and Sheldon Richardson camp. You gotta believe a secondary guy is going to slip to 61.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
As much as I don't like the idea of trading a bounty of picks, our situation is a bit different. It's been hashed out here pretty good - we just don't have that many roster spaces.

Put me firmly in the Star Lotulelei and Sheldon Richardson camp. You gotta believe a secondary guy is going to slip to 61.
True but at the same time, we might have to get into the top 15 to get either of those two guys. That would cost way too much and if we have to give up our early second, thats going to screw us because you can kiss CB or FS goodbye because the top tier starting quality guys will be gone by 61/74.

I just hope Baalke/Harbaugh have no interest in Austin because it seems like there's several teams that want him and thats only going to drive up the price.

As for roster spots, you have to remember one thing - what happens if injuries happen in TC and/or pre-season? Thats something that no one is taking into consideration. Moving up that high for a player who'll at best be a rotational player for us when we could definitely use a starting FS, a future starting CB and a future starting 3-4 DE, I dont like giving up a lot of picks for one player. QB is the exception but other players, not as much.

And I still agree with dave and prefer to trade down from 31 and make the second round our own personal stomping ground where we can get impact players at DE, CB, FS and possibly TE and C.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome new posters!

I'm good with Scott's new mock. It can't go completely the way I'd want it too.

I like Cyprien at 31. Not a fan of Hunt at 34. Prefer Datone. Not a fan of Jenkins, but the value is pretty good. Love Allen in the 3rd. Barrett is good value there too.

Heard we might be moving up into the teens for Richardson. I love it. He's my favorite d-lineman in the 1st round. Sign me up. Don't see how 31 and 34 would get us to 8.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Source?

I love rumors like anyone else, but there's a huge difference between Schefter/Glazer/Maiocco and a bunch of other reporters....
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

moving into the top 10 is just insane IMO but 15 is alright. We need to look for the future DE's for replacing our starters once they retire. just gonna be a long couple of hours eh guys.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Heard we might be moving up into the teens for Richardson. I love it. He's my favorite d-lineman in the 1st round. Sign me up. Don't see how 31 and 34 would get us to 8.
Question for you...whats the highest you would trade up in general? And what picks would you be willing to give up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
moving into the top 10 is just insane IMO but 15 is alright. We need to look for the future DE's for replacing our starters once they retire. just gonna be a long couple of hours eh guys.
McDonald is a good solid DE who still has four years left on his contract and is young enough to play it out so im not worried about him whatsoever. I do agree that we need to get a DE to replace Justin as soon as 2014 but I think that we can get a replacement at 31 or even 34 and dont have to trade up to accomplish that. The last 3-4 DE we drafted in the first round was Kentwan Balmer so while im okay with drafting a DE at 31, no way would I trade up for a DE when the position is deep and a move up isnt needed. I personally dont want to trade up at all, in fact, I prefer to trade down and make the second round our own personal stomping ground.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Question for you...whats the highest you would trade up in general? And what picks would you be willing to give up?
Preferably the middle of the draft. I used to say for Vaccaro, but I didn't think there was anyway that Richardson would be available there. Richardson is a monster. I'd rather have him over Star and definitely Floyd. I like Datone Jones and Sylvester Williams as a possibility around pick 31, but Richardson is on a whole other level. I like Vaccaro more than any other safety in this class, but the safety class is definitely deeper and there are a couple other guys that have grown on me as we get closer to the draft. Been a fan of Cyrprien during the whole draft process. Would be fine with him at 31 or 34. I think Vaccaro could be special, though. So, if we could get in range for either of them in the middle of the draft, I'd be happy with it.

I'm not sure of what the trade value chart is of draft picks. Would think we'd have to trade 31 and 34 and I'd be fine with that. Like I said, I have no idea what the trade chart looks like. Just guessing. Would be happier with Richardson there, as I think we could still find quality defensive back help with our late 2nd or 3rd round picks. If we got Vaccaro, the DL talent would be less impressive with the late 2nd or 3rd round picks, IMO.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can't trade up, do you guys like Kawann Short at 31 or therabouts? He could be a very good DL option without the high price tag.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Preferably the middle of the draft. I used to say for Vaccaro, but I didn't think there was anyway that Richardson would be available there. Richardson is a monster. I'd rather have him over Star and definitely Floyd. I like Datone Jones and Sylvester Williams as a possibility around pick 31, but Richardson is on a whole other level. I like Vaccaro more than any other safety in this class, but the safety class is definitely deeper and there are a couple other guys that have grown on me as we get closer to the draft. Been a fan of Cyrprien during the whole draft process. Would be fine with him at 31 or 34. I think Vaccaro could be special, though. So, if we could get in range for either of them in the middle of the draft, I'd be happy with it.

I'm not sure of what the trade value chart is of draft picks. Would think we'd have to trade 31 and 34 and I'd be fine with that. Like I said, I have no idea what the trade chart looks like. Just guessing. Would be happier with Richardson there, as I think we could still find quality defensive back help with our late 2nd or 3rd round picks. If we got Vaccaro, the DL talent would be less impressive with the late 2nd or 3rd round picks, IMO.
I go by the trade value chart thats posted here in the features section but dont know how accuracte it is. I will say that first rounders are more valuable than they were pre-2011 because of the rookie wage scale and because you sign rookies for five years where as rounds two to seven is set at four years.

Wouldnt mind Richardson and Vaccaro if we could somehow pull it off if both of them drop past 16. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
If we can't trade up, do you guys like Kawann Short at 31 or therabouts? He could be a very good DL option without the high price tag.
Wouldnt mind Short is Datone Jones is gone and also depends on who's still available at CB as I value CB more than DE. I will say that 31/34 are interchangable between CB and DE.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here We Go!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Cant believe that Dolphins/Raiders trade. The #3 pick is worth 2200 points according to the draft pick trade value chart while #12 is worth 1200 points and #42 is worth 480 points for a total of 1680 points. Thats a difference of 520 points.

Dont know about you guys but if Baalke/Harbaugh trade up (or anyone for that matter), I would say well, why shouldnt I give you 520 points less in value to move up?

And Milliner is still available....im hoping he falls baby!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayden, Hankins, or Vaccaro please.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

we are on the clock...
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

eric reid?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yuck..... I don't like it all guys. I liked him and Swearenger the least of all the safeties in draft......
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

what did sf give up?....i like elam better....