Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Swearinger but I dont see why they traded up for Reid. Its like they traded up just to lessen the amount of picks. Not happy at all. I would have stayed at 31. Or at least have taken Patterson since the other guys were gone already. Oh well, whatever.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#31 and #74 for #18....not bad value....just dont see the point.
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msB2cYNL_o4
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see what happens. I'm satisfied for the time being.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I mean they only gave up a third, but still yuck.....
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Safety is deep....I could understand if Reid was like 1B after Vaccaro and everyone else was 4 and lower or something like that. Thats why I was worried with all these picks, that they would trade up just because they have the picks to do so. I would have drafted Patterson at 18 if I traded up. At least, they still have their two second rounders. I'm hoping for a 3-4 DE at 34 unless of course, the 49ers trade back into the first round, which I wouldnt be surprised about at all.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems high for Reid, but there were only two FS that look to have potential to start as rookies.

SS is deep, FS is not.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
It seems high for Reid, but there were only two FS that look to have potential to start as rookies.

SS is deep, FS is not.
Isnt Swearinger a FS? And in our defensive scheme, does it really matter?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

last updated mock with trade

1) #18 eric reid - s
2) #34- Round 2 - slyvester williams - dt
3) #61- Round jordan reed- te
5) #93- Round 3 darius slay - cb
6) #128- Round 4 da'rick rogers : wr
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp) mike gillislee : rb
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts) nico johnson : ilb
9) #164- Round 5 rod sweeting : cb
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins) monteri hughes - nt
11) #227- Round 7 (taylor mays deal ) jordan mills : ot
12) #237- Round 7 garrett gilkey : g
13) #246- Round 7 (Comp) david bass : de
14) #252- Round 7 (Comp) dustin hopkins : k
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Isnt Swearinger a FS? And in our defensive scheme, does it really matter?
You want two safeties that have limited coverage ability on the field in today's NFL?

I don't see Swearinger having the range to play FS. He would be a better pick if Whitner had left, but not in the first round. Reid can at least be justified even if he isn't great value.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Honestly, if Patterson is still available at 34, I would snatch him because that would be a steal in my opinion. Then, try to trade up from 61 to snatch a 3-4 DE. I would be satisfied with that. Since it appears that the 49ers are trading up just to lessen the picks, mine as well get an impact player on offense and give Kaepernick another weapon.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You want two safeties that have limited coverage ability on the field in today's NFL?

I don't see Swearinger having the range to play FS. He would be a better pick if Whitner had left, but not in the first round. Reid can at least be justified even if he isn't great value.
Two safeties? Who's the other?

In the videos I have seen, Swearing is a good tackler, hard hitter, can cover and make plays. Maybe, its just the videos I saw but even when it looked like he would be the last defender on a TD run, he still made the tackle. Swearinger is a Goldson clone to me and I love his attitude.

And crap, there goes Trufant and Rhodes. Damn it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Safety is deep....I could understand if Reid was like 1B after Vaccaro and everyone else was 4 and lower or something like that. Thats why I was worried with all these picks, that they would trade up just because they have the picks to do so. I would have drafted Patterson at 18 if I traded up. At least, they still have their two second rounders. I'm hoping for a 3-4 DE at 34 unless of course, the 49ers trade back into the first round, which I wouldnt be surprised about at all.
I was intially kinda of bummed, but if Reid is the safety they wanted, I'm fine with that. There were rumors the G-Men were very high on him and there was talk that he would have been their pick if we had not of jumped in front of them. Heard the Packers were high on him as well. And to only give up a 3rd, that's huge.

I thought he would of still been there at 31, even 34. But the draft is so crazy, you never know other team's boards so if you have the opportunity to grab a guy you really like, and not give up anything substantial, you do it. Last time Baalke traded up in the first round, we netted two great O-Lineman. We as fan, only have access to some game film. The Niners brass meet with these players, work them out and talk X's and O's with them. So if they move up for a guy, they must really like him. Most will say, with a draft so deep at FS, why move up? But most of the guys left, ppl have been questioning their range at the next level and if they aren't more SS, than FS. Reid defintely has range and has the athletic ability at FS along with the size, toughness and physicality to slide over to SS when Whitner is gone or if someone like Spillman or Robinson steps up at FS. What I've been mentioning leading up to draft, versatility...it seems we are big on that. Its very clear, we wanted Reid and went and got him. They got the player they targeted and that's all you can ask for.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
dan77733
All-Pro

Double crap, there goes DE Datone Jones.
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Two safeties? Who's the other?

In the videos I have seen, Swearing is a good tackler, hard hitter, can cover and make plays. Maybe, its just the videos I saw but even when it looked like he would be the last defender on a TD run, he still made the tackle. Swearinger is a Goldson clone to me and I love his attitude.

And crap, there goes Trufant and Rhodes. Damn it.
Whitner...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I was intially kinda of bummed, but if Reid is the safety they wanted, I'm fine with that. There were rumors the G-Men were very high on him and there was talk that he would have been their pick if we had not of jumped in front of them. Heard the Packers were high on him as well. And to only give up a 3rd, that's huge.

I thought he would of still been there at 31, even 34. But the draft is so crazy, you never know other team's boards so if you have the opportunity to grab a guy you really like, and not give up anything substantial, you do it. Last time Baalke trading up in the first round, we netted two great O-Lineman. We as fan, only have access to some game film. The Niners brass meet with these players, work them out and talk X's and O's with them. So if they move up for a guy, they must really like him. Most will say, with a draft so deep at FS, why move up? But most of the guys left including Cyprien, ppl have been questioning their range at the next level and if they aren't more SS, than FS. Reid defintely has range and has the athletic ability at FS along with the size, toughness and physicality to slide over to SS when Whitner is gone or someone like Spillman or Robinson steps at FS. What I've been mentioning leading up to draft, versatility...it seems we are big on that. Its very clear, we wanted Reid and went and got him. I'm fine with that because they got the player they targeted and that's all you can ask for.
Okay, okay. Fair enough. Just one question...long term, is Reid a better fit at FS or at SS? If its SS to replace Whitner, I dont see the point since they would just need a FS next year if they dont keep Whitner.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Whitner...
Okay....I thought you meant other rookie safeties. I have only been interested in Swearinger which is why I asked.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, okay. Fair enough. Just one question...long term, is Reid a better fit at FS or at SS? If its SS to replace Whitner, I dont see the point since they would just need a FS next year if they dont keep Whitner.
I think he's a FS but he is physical enough and tackles well enough to drop down SS if you need him to. He's physically more gifted than Goldson, and has more range because of it. And he can cover the TE in press coverage also, something Goldson couldn't do. Don't think he could cover the WR in the slot, something Vacarro can do. But if we use him, strictly how we used Goldson, he will flourish with some good coaching and some work on fundementals verus the run.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-25-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid is great in coverage, but he takes the WORST angles at people in run support and even on open field tackles on receivers I may have ever seen. That's something that is tough to learn that's why I am so iffy about it, and don't like it.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Reid is great in coverage, but he takes the WORST angles at people in run support and even on open field tackles on receivers I may have ever seen. That's something that is tough to learn that's why I am so iffy about it, and don't like it.
I haven't watched the tape on him, but he had 91 tackles last year, correct? How is that possible if he takes the "WORST" angles in run support and open field?

Just curious...
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post

I thought he would of still been there at 31, even 34. But the draft is so crazy, you never know other team's boards so if you have the opportunity to grab a guy you really like, and not give up anything substantial, you do it. Last time Baalke traded up in the first round, we netted two great O-Lineman. We as fan, only have access to some game film. The Niners brass meet with these players, work them out and talk X's and O's with them. So if they move up for a guy, they must really like him. Most will say, with a draft so deep at FS, why move up? But most of the guys left, ppl have been questioning their range at the next level and if they aren't more SS, than FS. Reid defintely has range and has the athletic ability at FS along with the size, toughness and physicality to slide over to SS when Whitner is gone or if someone like Spillman or Robinson steps up at FS. What I've been mentioning leading up to draft, versatility...it seems we are big on that. Its very clear, we wanted Reid and went and got him. They got the player they targeted and that's all you can ask for.
Yes sir. Well said.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Patriots just raped the Vikings....too bad we didnt stay at 31, maybe we could have been the team to get the Vikings 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th round draft picks. As much as I hate the Patriots and Belichick, he just amde a great move to acquire more picks.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Guess, we'll have to just wait and see how Reid does....im just hoping the 49ers dont trade up during the next two picks...must admit that im concerned about that.

Who do you guys think we'll go after at 34?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I know the clip posted is a highlite clip, but open field tackles on Lacy and Richardson weren't made by every guy those two faced.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I'm really shocked Carradine is still on the board. I pray he falls to 34. I was dead on about Hayden. Knew he would go higher than a lot ppl anticpated but kinda miffed about Tank. Everything else has pretty much been what I expected.