Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm really shocked Carradine is still on the board. I pray he falls to 34. I was dead on about Hayden. Knew he would go higher than a lot ppl anticpated but kinda miffed about Tank. Everything else has pretty much been what I expected.
I'm going to assume that Carradine would play DE in our 3-4 and eventually replace Justin Smith...is that an accurate assessment?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I haven't watched the tape on him, but he had 91 tackles last year, correct? How is that possible if he takes the "WORST" angles in run support and open field?

Just curious...
Most of them were assisted. I didn't say he missed them, he would take ****** angles that would turn 10 yard gains into 15-20 yard gains, and in the NFL I don't think that will fly, and he might not be able to get their all the time.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I know the clip posted is a highlite clip, but open field tackles on Lacy and Richardson weren't made by every guy those two faced.
I wasn't talking about them he did it in every game.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am surprised that we moved up to get Reid. Thought he would still be there at 31. At first wasnt very happy but if they liked him that much then oh well they didnt give up too much for him. Might as well get the guy you we had the draft picks to do it.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW Dilfer loves the pick

@JedYork @annkillion Another home run pick for your #NINERS! 4 phase safeties are hard to find and you just drafted the only one this year!

4 phase safety = 1-Tackling 2- Range (run & pass) 3- Cover Ability (match-up & space defender) 4 - Instincts and ball skills

https://twitter.com/TDESPN
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Unanimous decision that Eric Reid was our pick," coach Jim Harbaugh said on the team website.

"It really stands out," Harbaugh said. "He believes that he's a winner all the way and champion kind of guy and football player. I can't wait to have him here in our home in Santa Clara. I'm sure he's excited to have the process start and know the team that wanted him the most."

Guess Harbaugh tried to recruit him at Stanford when he was there as well. Sounds like he was the number 1 Safety on our board. Was definitely a need. Time will tell.

Welcome to the 49ers, Eric Reid!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, good to be back, too much Warriors lately.

Does ANYONE actually like this pick? The more I look around and read, the less enthused I get. I'm getting an AJ Jenkins feeling again (though I haven't given up on him either).
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay okay...im a little happier now than I was before. And after going to the Cowboys forum, im happy im not a Cowboys fan. Feel bad for my friend though who wishes Jimmy Johnson was still there since that was the last time they were good. Oh well.

Also happy that we didnt do a trade like MIN did (Cowboy fans are really pissed, lmao) or trade back into the first round.

Actually excited and pumped for tomorrow. :D
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post

Does ANYONE actually like this pick? The more I look around and read, the less enthused I get. I'm getting an AJ Jenkins feeling again (though I haven't given up on him either).
Whats new? People got the same feeling with Aldon and AJ. Maybe Anthony Davis too. I can't remember. I think Iupati is the only 1st round pick that everyone loved unanimously on draft day under Baalke.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post

I didnt at first but seeing how the Patriots raped the Vikings and the Cowboys drafting Travis Frederick at 31, im a lot happier than I would have been if we did a Vikings type trade.

Difference between Reid and Jenkins though is that Reid should be starting day one for us at FS so it wont take long to see if he was worth the pick. Just hoping for a 3-4 DE at 34 as im assuming the Jaguars will draft Geno Smith or trade down so we should get someone who'll eventually replace Justin Smith.

At 61, I wouldnt mind trading up using our other third rounder to get to 48 for Ertz or Justin Hunter if he slips. Have the extra picks, mine as well use them to get some impact players now.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Whats new? People got the same feeling with Aldon and AJ. Maybe Anthony Davis too. I can't remember. I think Iupati is the only 1st round pick that everyone loved unanimously on draft day under Baalke.
I didnt mind Davis, just didnt think that we had to trade up to get him. Aldon Smith was just someone who came out of nowhere as was Jenkins. Difference is that between, Jenkins, Aldon and Reid, Reid is expected to start as a rookie. If he doesnt, then its a waste of two picks.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Anyway, who are you guys hoping for at 34 and 61? And would you guys consider trading 34 for a 2014 first rounder if that offer was presented? Also, if we stay at 34 (which im assuming we will), would you guys trade up from 61 using 93 to get an offensive weapon like Ertz, McDonald or Hunter?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Reid is great in coverage, but he takes the WORST angles at people in run support and even on open field tackles on receivers I may have ever seen. That's something that is tough to learn that's why I am so iffy about it, and don't like it.
I'm not a huge Reid fan either and I did not like the trade up. However, I don't see a lot of bad tape for Reid, I think a lot of this criticism is manufactured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
"Unanimous decision that Eric Reid was our pick," coach Jim Harbaugh said on the team website.

"It really stands out," Harbaugh said. "He believes that he's a winner all the way and champion kind of guy and football player. I can't wait to have him here in our home in Santa Clara. I'm sure he's excited to have the process start and know the team that wanted him the most."

Guess Harbaugh tried to recruit him at Stanford when he was there as well. Sounds like he was the number 1 Safety on our board. Was definitely a need. Time will tell.

Welcome to the 49ers, Eric Reid!
Ugh....he would have been there at #74, if not I actually prefer Matt Elam...can't really endorse trading up for a marginal safety.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Goodbye #74, we traded you for absolutely nothing

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Ugh....he would have been there at #74, if not I actually prefer Matt Elam...can't really endorse trading up for a marginal safety.
Refer to your sig.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I didnt mind Davis, just didnt think that we had to trade up to get him. Aldon Smith was just someone who came out of nowhere as was Jenkins. Difference is that between, Jenkins, Aldon and Reid, Reid is expected to start as a rookie. If he doesnt, then its a waste of two picks.
Reid is not expected to start, since when? Aldon didn't start and he was a top 10 pick. He will have to earn his spot on the field like everyone else. Your hoping he starts becuase you don't like the current players already on the roster. Reid will see the field when he's ready, not a moment sooner.

And has anybody noticed that, once again Baalke goes biggest need with the first pick? I'm suprised ppl havent caught on by now. BPA after the first pick but our first rounders are always biggest need or our perceived biggest need.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not a huge Reid fan either and I did not like the trade up. However, I don't see a lot of bad tape for Reid, I think a lot of this criticism is manufactured.
It's not BAD tape as much as it's frustrating because it should be WAY better.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personal reference on the hate? I'm sure our staff liked him enough to trade up for him. I wanted him or Elam at 30 looked what happen. The trade up value for was a steel compared to the Vikings trade as mention before. I just hope . Vikings got ass raped in there trade too. I just hope we use our next two picks wisely on a TE or DL. With our other 3rd gone I see us maybe going wide out or another trade in the second maybe. But we need a TE next.

Yes and welcome to the 49ers Eric Reid . SEC talent comes our way!
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
FWIW Dilfer loves the pick

@JedYork @annkillion Another home run pick for your #NINERS! 4 phase safeties are hard to find and you just drafted the only one this year!

4 phase safety = 1-Tackling 2- Range (run & pass) 3- Cover Ability (match-up & space defender) 4 - Instincts and ball skills

https://twitter.com/TDESPN
Is this some sick joke? Reid is marginal in all of these aspects.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way Reid would have made it to 74. He wouldn't have made it out of the first round, what are you smoking? Marginal safety is laughbale. Time will tell, but Reid will be better than Elam....you can quote me on that. Or make a sign about it, which ever you prefer....
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Reid is not expected to start, since when? Aldon didn't start and he was a top 10 pick. He will have to earn his spot on the field like everyone else. Your hoping he starts becuase you don't like the current players already on the roster. Reid will see the field when he's ready, not a moment sooner.

And has anybody noticed that, once again Baalke goes biggest need with the first pick? I'm suprised ppl havent caught on by now. BPA after the first pick but our first rounders are always biggest need or our perceived biggest need.
Yes I have caught on. That doesn't mean Reid was worth trading up for. At 31 Reid is ok, at 19???? **** no.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
There is no way Reid would have made it to 74. He wouldn't have made it out of the first round, what are you smoking? Marginal safety is laughbale. Time will tell, but Reid will be better than Elam....you can quote me on that. Or make a sign about it, which ever you prefer....
Wtf are you talking about? We had picks 31,34, and 61 before Reid escaped the 2nd round. You make absolutely no sense. Are you drinking? He wouldn't have made it out of the 1st round??? Really?? You know this how?? Please be quiet, watch some tape, this guy is not somebody you trade up for. Elam is a superior safety as far as college tape. If you go off of combine and pro days Reid still loses, he is far too stiff to play FS. I hope he isn't the new Taylor Mays but his hips look very similar. I actually liked the Taylor Mays pick more...

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 04-26-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Personal reference on the hate? I'm sure our staff liked him enough to trade up for him. I wanted him or Elam at 30 looked what happen. The trade up value for was a steel compared to the Vikings trade as mention before. I just hope . Vikings got ass raped in there trade too. I just hope we use our next two picks wisely on a TE or DL. With our other 3rd gone I see us maybe going wide out or another trade in the second maybe. But we need a TE next.

Yes and welcome to the 49ers Eric Reid . SEC talent comes our way!
They didn't get ass raped at all, they realized that in this draft # 18 and 31 are just about exactly the same. Kudos to the Cowboys for not marrying themselves to the trade chart and still getting good value.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wtf are you talking about? We had picks 31,34, and 61 before Reid escaped the 2nd round. You make absolutely no sense. Are you drinking?
Bro, calm down. You're not making sense. Seriously, i have no idea what you just said...what does our picks at 31, 34, and 61 have to do with Reid's draft value.