Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And has anybody noticed that, once again Baalke goes biggest need with the first pick? I'm suprised ppl havent caught on by now. BPA after the first pick but our first rounders are always biggest need or our perceived biggest need.
I've noticed. I constantly had Cyprien as our pick at 31. Turns out that they traded up for a safety they liked better. People didn't like the Jenkins and James picks last year, but as I've also said before... offensive playmakers were the biggest need of this team last year.

Maybe they'll turn out to be the wrong playmakers, only time will tell, but they were definitely college playmakers. Reid may turn out to be the wrong safety, maybe he won't. Only time will tell...

I choose to trust Baalke and Harbaugh with these decisions, though. So, I'm at peace. See you guys tomorrow.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Wtf are you talking about? We had picks 31,34, and 61 before Reid escaped the 2nd round. You make absolutely no sense. Are you drinking?
The point is, if he's the top safety on our board and we consider him first round talent, why are you talking about taking him 74? You can have issue with the player, but not that we drafted him a whole round early. There is absolutely no way Reid would have made it to the 3rd round. You are seriously delusional is you believe he is that flawed as a safety prospect that he's some 3rd round talent. Now you can say you would rather have Elam, but don't tell me Reid could have been drafted at 74 becuase thats just hate, plain and simple. I have seen hundreds of mocks and most had Reid going anywhere between the 17-32 range, right after Vacarro or someone in the top 5 picks in the second. He was considered the second best safety in draft by alot ppl. I personally had Rambo over him just slightly. But I'm not sitting here saying we could have just waited to the 3rd round and drafted him becuase that's ********. You can say maybe he would have been there at 31 or 34? But 74? GTFO..

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-26-2013 at 12:03 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wtf are you talking about? We had picks 31,34, and 61 before Reid escaped the 2nd round. You make absolutely no sense. Are you drinking?
Bro are you drinking? That whole sentence was full of contradictions.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone said this in here yet, but Harbaugh said Reid was their number one safety.

Also: "GM Trent Baalke said he 'absolutely' knows who player is he wants to pick at No. 34, but isn't ruling out trade back"
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I don't know if anyone said this in here yet, but Harbaugh said Reid was their number one safety.

Also: "GM Trent Baalke said he 'absolutely' knows who player is he wants to pick at No. 34, but isn't ruling out trade back"
Crossing fingers for Justin Hunter.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Time to welcome Eric Reid to the Niners then whether I like it or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xQi0xfAeI
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets begin the obligatory mindless Baalke ass kissing like we did last year with Jenkins. Why think for yourself or have an option? Highly overrated..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's a FS but he is physical enough and tackles well enough to drop down SS if you need him to. He's physically more gifted than Goldson, and has more range because of it. And he can cover the TE in press coverage also, something Goldson couldn't do. Don't think he could cover the WR in the slot, something Vacarro can do.
We'll have to see if he has the knack for making the big play like Goldson has these past two years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They didn't get ass raped at all, they realized that in this draft # 18 and 31 are just about exactly the same. Kudos to the Cowboys for not marrying themselves to the trade chart and still getting good value.
You must be high and drunk right now. They drafted a center they could have taken with there second round pick, though most pundits consider to have 3rd round talent. Personally, I think Schwede(m/s) and Barett Jones are much better. Cowboys fans are screwed because they have a owner masquerading as a GM. They could have had any safety they liked after Vaccaro and the center they just made a 1st round pick, in the second. Instead they're hoping they can land a safety@47 or will have to settle for a guy who they like but has more blemishes than the first round guys. Or they'll have to trade and move up. Obviously they were desperate to trade back when Vaccaro and all the OGs they liked were gone and in doing so, they made a bad trade and tried and salvage a pick. Its why that franchise will always be where it is currently because JJ does not understand the draft.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-26-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lets begin the obligatory mindless Baalke ass kissing like we did last year with Jenkins. Why think for yourself or have an option? Highly overrated..
Post to sig content does not compute.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Personal reference on the hate? I'm sure our staff liked him enough to trade up for him. I wanted him or Elam at 30 looked what happen. The trade up value for was a steel compared to the Vikings trade as mention before. I just hope . Vikings got ass raped in there trade too. I just hope we use our next two picks wisely on a TE or DL. With our other 3rd gone I see us maybe going wide out or another trade in the second maybe. But we need a TE next.

Yes and welcome to the 49ers Eric Reid . SEC talent comes our way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Bro, calm down. You're not making sense. Seriously, i have no idea what you just said...what does our picks at 31, 34, and 61 have to do with Reid's draft value.
He said that there was "no way Reid makes it to 74"...That makes no sense!!! We could have taken him at 31, 34, or 61...as I just stated.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid is not expected to start, since when? Aldon didn't start and he was a top 10 pick. He will have to earn his spot on the field like everyone else. Your hoping he starts becuase you don't like the current players already on the roster. Reid will see the field when he's ready, not a moment sooner.

And has anybody noticed that, once again Baalke goes biggest need with the first pick? I'm suprised ppl havent caught on by now. BPA after the first pick but our first rounders are always biggest need or our perceived biggest need.
Sorry but if Reid doesnt start at FS, then who the hell will? Dahl? Spillman? Robinson? Hmmmm, no. Also, if he doesnt win the starting job, then what was the point in trading up to get him in the first place? Thats stupid. You DONT trade up for a player at a position of need and NOT start him. Seriously, I'll be pissed if that happens and while im not expecting him to be handed the starting FS spot, he should easily win it. Come on. Spillman is a special teamer. Robinson is a special teamer and Dahl was signed to replace Goldson on special teams. None of them are good enough to start because if they were, Baalke/Harbaugh wouldnt have traded up to draft a safety to begin with. Its not that I dont like those other three guys, its that I dont think any of them are good enough to start at FS. Here's what I believe...when you let a player leave and you replace him, that replacement better be as good or ideally better than the guy you let leave because if not, why let the original guy leave?

We didnt trade up for Aldon, he was a surprise pick and no one really knew who the hell he was and we had Brooks and Haralson as proven starters plus we didnt lose a starter at OLB. As for Jenkins, he was a reach plain and simple but like everyone says, it takes three years for a WR to develop so right now, I'll just take a wait and see approach with him.

As for what Baalke has done in the first round, thats true but then again, WR last year wasnt a first round need whatsoever. Crabtree, Williams, we signed Manningham and Moss....WR wasnt a first round need last year. FS this year was and is because we lost an all pro starting FS and sorry, there's NO ONE currently on our roster who plays safety who's half as good let alone better than Goldson so yeah, I will be pissed if Reid isnt the week one starter.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Crossing fingers for Justin Hunter.
Me too, but I really want Tank too
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
The point is, if he's the top safety on our board and we consider him first round talent, why are you talking about taking him 74? You can have issue with the player, but not that we drafted him a whole round early. There is absolutely no way Reid would have made it to the 3rd round. You are seriously delusional is you believe he is that flawed as a safety prospect that he's some 3rd round talent. Now you can say you would rather have Elam, but don't tell me Reid could have been drafted at 74 becuase thats just hate, plain and simple. I have seen hundreds of mocks and most had Reid going anywhere between the 17-32 range, right after Vacarro or someone in the top 5 picks in the second. He was considered the second best safety in draft by alot ppl. I personally had Rambo over him just slightly. But I'm not sitting here saying we could have just waited to the 3rd round and drafted him becuase that's ********. You can say maybe he would have been there at 31 or 34? But 74? GTFO..
I see where the confusion is: this is my fault, I meant to say that he would be there at 31.....NOT 74....... My bad.....horrible typo that caused a lot of confusion.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with accepting that fact that you don't like the pick, but will still respect that there isn't anything you can do about it, and to try and trust a proven FO.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Post to sig content does not compute.
**** my sig, that was wishful thinking...lol

I find it hard to immediately fall in line like a good little sheep after watching so much film. Of course Baalke is better than me but I still have the same evaluations that I had last week...

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They drafted a center they could have taken with there second round pick
And we drafted a safety that we could have taken at 31 if he was available. Key word is could have but the Cowboys didnt and neither did we.

In the end, I just want Reid to start at FS so we can see how he does. If he ends up as good as Goldson was the last two seasons, I'll be happy even though im obviously hoping he becomes better than what Goldson was the last two seasons.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Me too, but I really want Tank too
Is it too much to ask for both? :D
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

So Hunter and Carradine..who else? Short and Jesse Williams I guess?

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I don't like the pick but at least it wasn't Swearinger.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Which player do you guys think has a better chance of falling to 48? Carradine or Hunter?

Trading #61 and #93 would allow us to get to #48. I wouldnt have a problem with drafting one of them at 34 and then trading up to get the other or a TE to replace Walker.

Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I thought we were trading up for Patterson or Datone Jones...lol

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Which player do you guys think has a better chance of falling to 48? Carradine or Hunter?

Trading #61 and #93 would allow us to get to #48. I wouldnt have a problem with drafting one of them at 34 and then trading up to get the other or a TE to replace Walker.

Thoughts?
Margus Hunt I guess

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought we were trading up for Patterson or Datone Jones...lol
I thought it was for Tank Carradine. Especially in front of the Giants.

There was a rumor that the Giants actually liked Reid. So we may have swiped him from the Giants. Who knows if true or not.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I can honestly say that im a lot happier this year with our first round draft pick than I was last year. Thats for sure.

As for #34, if a team offered us a 2014 first rounder, would you accept that offer? Reason im asking is that we'll definitely need a CB or two next year and if we had two first rounders, it would make that easier to accomplish. Does anyone know if next year's projected CB class is as good, worse or better than this year's projected draft class?