Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Here's my updated FA wishlist -

1) ILB Channing Crowder

Will be 26 in September and has already played four seasons. While he isnt a playmaker, Willis is which makes him the perfect compliment next to him. If anything, he's a younger version of Spikes. He would definitely cost the most but eliminates the need and position for years to come.

2) DE Igor Olshansky

Perfect fit at DE in our 3-4 defense especially since he played for our DC Greg Manusky years ago in SD. While I would try to sign him, I would do so before Canty signs since I wouldnt want to pay him the same amount or overpay what he's worth.

3) FB Tony Richardson

I'm really hoping that he doesnt re-sign with the Jets and hits UFA. While I would prefer a young FB who can be paired with Gore for years to come, I would much rather have Richardson over Norris despite the fact that Norris is younger yet older than I would prefer. Basically, if there isnt a young blocking FB available in FA, I would rather get the better veteran and that's Richardson.

4) RT Stacy Andrews

Yeah, I know that he suffered a major injury just a few months ago but at only 28, could be signed to a cheap incentive based five year deal. Because of the injury, I think that he'll fly under the radar compared to Barnes, Marvel Smith and even Willis/Loper. Best case scenario is that he becomes our starting RT in 2009 or 2010 while worst case scenario is that he'll be a solid cheap backup who'll most likely never hit his incentives.

5) CB Phillip Buchanon

If it wasnt for Bryant, the Bucs would have franchised him. He's played very good the last two years and will most likely replace Barber as a starter (if he isnt already) and while he's 29 years old, I think that he would be good opposite Clements even though I wouldnt break the bank for him.

*waits for the bashing to begin*
buchanon would mean spencer and harris are gone. i would be ok w/ both leaving since spencer is coming off a acl injury and harris will be 35.
andrews would be ok, but sf already got hit with the "jennings factor"
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
my mock

1. everette brown - olb/de
2. phil loadholt - ot
3. patrick chung - fs/ss
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. brandon gibson - wr
6. quinn johnson - fb
7. brain hoyer / chase patton - qb
That's not a bad mock.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That's not a bad mock.
could it be menardo is coming around to dan and I?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
could it be menardo is coming around to dan and I?
Menardo's not coming around to you guys.. You guys are coming around to Menardo.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Menardo's not coming around to you guys.. You guys are coming around to Menardo.
I wont speak for chapo but I can definitely say thats NOT going to happen.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a somewhat related but unrelated note -

Has anyone here played NFL Head Coach 2009 for 360? If so, has anyone rebuilt the 49ers?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Free Agency:
1. Channing Crowder ILB, Miami
2. Ray Willis RT, Seahawks
3. Nate Washington WR, Steelers

Draft with projected comp. picks.

1. BJ Raji, NT Boston College
2. Lawrence Sidbury Jr, DE/OLB Richmond
3. Shonn Greene, RB Iowa
4. Rhett Bomar, QB Sam Houston St.
5a. Derek Pegeus, S Miss. St.
5b. Quinn Johnson, FB LSU
6a. Andy Kemp, OG Wisconsin
6b. Quinten Lawrence, WR McNeese St.
7. Jeremy Navarre, DE Maryland
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I approve this message.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but the Quinn Johnson love on here is out of hand. 5th round? Really? He does well at the senior bowl and all of a sudden he's amazing. He may be the type of FB that the Niners are looking for but I doubt they even bother to draft one, especially since 1) the Niners want Norris back and 2) Richardson is working on a deal to say with the Jets. He may be the best FB in this draft but even the 5th round is a bit high for him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming from an LSU fan I know what Quinn is capable. He was blowing up holes and took on the more traditional role of fullback since Hester left. I guarantee he'd be a good value in the 5th.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Anywhere from 5-down I would be happy as long as we get our FB.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...e&type=fantasy

Bryant Johnson, and DeShaun Foster won't be returning next year. Not really a big surprise at all.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont give a damn about Foster but I was hoping that we would keep Johnson as he seemed to finally show up once Hill became the starter.

And can you guys believe that the Bucs released OLB Derrick Brooks, OLB Cato June, WR Joey Galloway, WR Ike Hilliard and RB Warrick Dunn???

I'm only interested in June but know that he wouldnt fit in since we're not running the 4-3 cover 2 defense but im still shocked nonetheless.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

And can you guys believe that the Bucs released OLB Derrick Brooks, OLB Cato June, WR Joey Galloway, WR Ike Hilliard and RB Warrick Dunn???

I'm only interested in June but know that he wouldnt fit in since we're not running the 4-3 cover 2 defense but im still shocked nonetheless.
Really? I mean, those are some big names, but they're also some OLD names. Can't say I find it that surprising at all.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3:38 [Comment From Adam]
Alex Smith does have an effect on the Niners plans though. Singletary and McCloughan have stated they feel comfortable with the quarterback situation, wouldn't that mean they'll look elsewhere at #10?

3:38 Scott Wright: Never believe anything a team says this time of the year. If they are telling the truth that means they are too stupid to make the right decision on Draft Day anyway.
I understand the concept of smoke screens, but isn't Singletary a little upfront to play these types of games? Anyway, don't be shocked to see Sanchez in the mock draft update.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
I understand the concept of smoke screens, but isn't Singletary a little upfront to play these types of games? Anyway, don't be shocked to see Sanchez in the mock draft update.
I think Sanchez is going to be a very good NFL QB. I just don't think the 9ers, in our current situation, will pull the trigger on him at #10. I can definitely see how outsiders view our QB situation and why they think Sanchez is the pick though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I think Sanchez is going to be a very good NFL QB. I just don't think the 9ers, in our current situation, will pull the trigger on him at #10. I can definitely see how outsiders view our QB situation and why they think Sanchez is the pick though.
Yes so can I. Still, very frustrating.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Yes I see where they are coming from the Jets fans are dealing with it now too.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Like I said in another thread, they're not going to take Sanchez because they most likely don't see him as a top 10 talent. I'll have to respectfully disagree with Scott's comment about Scot and Sing being "too stupid to make the right decision." Obviously the front office is around the players every day, they would know the team better than any one else.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I really respect Scott's views on the draft, but I have to disagree with him on this one. I think he's a little too caught up in what he would do were he in the Niners' shoes as opposed to focusing on what it seems likely the team will actually do. More and more, I'm becoming convinced that this will be a "trenches" pick-- either an OT or Raji, with maybe an outside shot at a passrusher like Brown or Maybin (I'm not getting the sense that the 9ers are very high on Orakpo).
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I dont believe they'll take Everette Brown, as he's a shade under 6'2" and Aaron Maybin is a bit undersized and too slow for them to take at 10. Orakpo would be a good choice but I dont feel he'll be there. The way it sounds with Andre Smith, his interviews were god-awful and lots of teams didn't think highly of him and since Scot said on one of his posts on the 49ers website that they value the interviews greatly, I think that would really have to play into how he drafts.

I think we, on this site, are valuing NT as a greater need than the team. So, if I had to guess who the pick will be, I'll go with one of the following assuming they are available: Micheal Oher or Brian Orakpo.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with either. If they take Orakpo at 10, they could find a decent RT as last as the 3rd round pick. If it is Oher, OLB has to be addressed as soon as possible (i.e. 2nd round).

Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

What do you guys think about Jasper Brinkley?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

For those who are interested in Crowder...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/25/dolp...ff-the-market/

Scratch another one of your list.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Good size/speed, a bit of a later round guy but I dont think he'd be a bad pick up.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Insane talent who had a bad knee injury two seasons ago. He played all year at a reported 270-275 lbs. He ran really well and looked good in drills after losing around 20lbs. If healthy, and in shape he would be a LEGIT backup to Takeo Spikes at TED. Worrell Williams would be another option.

It never gets talked about but if Ahmad Brooks is NOT the answer, the 49ers HAVE to get depth at MIKE... they have NOONE. I was VERY upset when the 49ers lost Gary Guyton last season. He was a perfect option for MIKE depth.