Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-25-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osgood is not making this team Dan...not happening. He hasn't don enough to earn a spot strictly as a STer. He's been decent on STs....nothing spectacular where you felt like he needs to be kept.

Moore did catch some passes but he really struggled in press coverage, especially when matched up with Xavier Rhodes. I think he makes it but Lavelle Hawkins might be nipping at his heels tonight. He can return kicks, and has a more wiggle. He seems to be stronger to fight off jams at the LOS. He didn't look as bad against press-man as Moore, at least from my recollection. Will have to review the game though. He had some ticky-tack unsportsmanlike penalties but he really jumped offthe screen and impressed me. Seems he's getting more comfortable with the playbook and playing with more confidence

Patton's going to be good. He's good against the press. He just knows how to create space. Some WRs just know how to get open. He has that gene. He's going be great on 3rd downs for us this year. Right now, I see us keeping 6 WRs. K-10, Boldin, Moore, Patton, Baldwin, and Hawkins is who I would go with, as of now. I wanted to like Collie enough that he made it a must to keep him but I just haven't seen enough from him.

Lemonier struggled against Loadholt but it looked like he was strictly asked to bull-rush against him, becuase that's all he did. Andthey seemed to be running some kind of delayed blitz off the edge, with him alot. When the second and third stringers were in there, he was speed rushing way more and utilizing that insane first step of his and was dominant. Really like that kid.

Reid looked good but he still needs some work. He had couple of instances where he didn't get enough depth in his drops when in short zone and left too much of a space for easy completions. But you can see the talent. He's closes on the ball in a hurry and brings a Goldson-like physicality when he comes up to make tackles. Just needs some experience but I think he's going to be a really good safety.

Kilgore and Looney really struggled. I had high hopes for the future of our interior depth with those two but they're not ready yet. I don't think I've seen Okoye all pre-season. They're defintely hiding him and looking to add him to the pratice squad.

McCoy....ughhh. Just not impressed. Didn't like that signing from day one. If we can get anything for him, we should defintely trade him. Daniels just looks smooth and composed, no matter what the circumstance. Even surrounded around fringe players, he seems to just elevate the play of everyone around him. He been strictly in the shotgun so don't know if he has a viable shot as the #2 but he has enough talent that he needs to be the #3, so he can be groomed as the #2 next year . Love that he displays nice touch for such a raw passer. Even CK struggled with his touch his rookie year. JH and Baalke may have found a gem with him. No way they can exposee him to the waiver wire now.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think Craig Dahl is on the roster bubble? IIRC he was the 6th safety on defense (behind reid, whitner, robinson, spillman, and thomas). His special teams work might have to save him.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin looked better than Jenkins looked but thats not saying much. And yeah, he did catch two passes. I saw the nice catch he made. Missed the other one. Sure as hell dont think he looked the best out there. Patton should get that honor. The fourth rounder his impressing me and I hope he continues to do just that. I dont think Hawkins makes the team. He had two or three personal fouls against him. Personally, I dont want him because you just know that eventually, he'll make a big play and then screw it up. Seems to be a pattern with him. I picked Osgood because of his special teams ability and being a veteran receiver. Outside of Boldin, all our receivers are young. Having another veteran receiver would be a good thing.

RB's were all solid. Definitely see Dixon making the final 53 over Hampton and Harper.

Second string OL was bad. Enough said.

Defense played good and Justin Smith looks to be 100% and back to where he was before getting injured last season.

The biggest question mark is the backup QB spot. It seems like McCoy is going to be the backup QB -

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5699/colt-mccoy

I personally think that Harbaugh should have waited until after Thursday. Let Wallace and Tolzien play a half each and see what they can do. While backup QB is questionable, im loving Daniels and think that he can be a "mini" Kaepernick and our backup QB. He's played and looked better than McCoy and Tolzien. Only reason he'll be our third stringer is because he's a rookie and very green but a lot of potential.

Side note -

I didnt see Okoye. Has he played in any of the pre-season games? Has he done anything to earn a spot on the final 53?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly thought that McBath was going to beat out Dahl but with him on IR, I now see Dahl making the roster which is fine by me as long as Reid is our starting FS in two weeks.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I didnt see Okoye. Has he played in any of the pre-season games? Has he done anything to earn a spot on the final 53?
Okoye is just so raw that I don't see him making the 53. He sees 1-3 series against 3rd stringers each game.

He needs the mental reps to make the decisions about firing off the ball, and the technique to keep his pad level low at least 50% of the time.

He's an athletic freak, no doubt about it, but the game needs to slow down mentally before he can start having an impact, even if it's with bad technique.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Do you guys think Craig Dahl is on the roster bubble? IIRC he was the 6th safety on defense (behind reid, whitner, robinson, spillman, and thomas). His special teams work might have to save him.
Dahl is making the team. Solid special teamer and he's not bad depth. You can't make too much of who comes in with what group, as coaches want to see different guys get looks against other teams. The Vikes kept they're one's on the field longer so we may have just wanted to see how Robinson and Spillman looked against another team's starters. If Dahl is starting 16 games for you, I think you're in trouble. But I think he's good depth and can play either safety spot, though I think he's better suited as a SS. I think the safties will be Reid, Whitner, Dial, Spillman, and Robinson.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Harbaugh is endouring Frankie Muniz as the backup quarterback. I wonder who will see the most action in the preseason finale. I'm hoping we'll get to have a look at Seneca Wallace and BJ Daniels some more. Scott Tolzien as well, but I have a feeling he's gone. Maybe we'll magically get Kaepernick, Wallace, and Daniels as our main three. That would be awesome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a second watch, three things I noticed...

1. Colt McCoy moved the ball well when playing with the 1's. He had the pick but that was an amazing disguise by Chad Greenway.

2. Daniel Kilgore only had one poor play when playing alongside the 1's.

3. LaMichael James' pass pro is absolutely atrocious. He absolutely whiffed or didn't attempt to block his man on a half-dozen occassions. On two occasions he made more significant contact with a fellow 49er than with the Vikings defender.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Okoye is just so raw that I don't see him making the 53. He sees 1-3 series against 3rd stringers each game.

He needs the mental reps to make the decisions about firing off the ball, and the technique to keep his pad level low at least 50% of the time.

He's an athletic freak, no doubt about it, but the game needs to slow down mentally before he can start having an impact, even if it's with bad technique.
The only reason I see him making the final 53 is because I dont think that he'll still be available to be placed on the practice squad. He'll be 22 in October and yeah, he's very raw and whatnot but the potential is there and for a cheap three year rookie contract, I would keep him. Most teams dont have the depth that we have so I would be shocked if he passes through waivers and doesnt get claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Dahl is making the team. Solid special teamer and he's not bad depth. You can't make too much of who comes in with what group, as coaches want to see different guys get looks against other teams. The Vikes kept they're one's on the field longer so we may have just wanted to see how Robinson and Spillman looked against another team's starters. If Dahl is starting 16 games for you, I think you're in trouble. But I think he's good depth and can play either safety spot, though I think he's better suited as a SS. I think the safties will be Reid, Whitner, Dial, Spillman, and Robinson.
If we keep six cornerbacks, I dont think that we'll keep five safeties. Dont know about anyone else but I think that Robinson would be the odd man out if that happens. Dahl is definitely better suited for SS and will make the final 53 because he's solid depth and can replace Goldson on special teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sounds like Harbaugh is endouring Frankie Muniz as the backup quarterback. I wonder who will see the most action in the preseason finale. I'm hoping we'll get to have a look at Seneca Wallace and BJ Daniels some more. Scott Tolzien as well, but I have a feeling he's gone. Maybe we'll magically get Kaepernick, Wallace, and Daniels as our main three. That would be awesome.
Not happy that Harbaugh announced McCoy as the backup QB. He should have waited until after Thursday's final pre-season game. If Wallace plays good Thursday and McCoy plays bad or doesnt play, how could Harbaugh stay with the guy that doesnt even look like he can be a backup let alone a solid backup.

Maybe, some team will trade away a 7th rounder for McCoy. :)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

1. Colt McCoy moved the ball well when playing with the 1's. He had the pick but that was an amazing disguise by Chad Greenway.

3. LaMichael James' pass pro is absolutely atrocious. He absolutely whiffed or didn't attempt to block his man on a half-dozen occassions. On two occasions he made more significant contact with a fellow 49er than with the Vikings defender.
1. McCoy ran better than he passed. That's not good.

2. Still dont think that the team will release or trade Goodwin. Let him play out the final year of his contract.

3. Agreed but at the same time, if James is in there, I dont want to see him blocking. I want to see him running or catching the ball out of the backfield. He's an explosive playmaker. Cant be that if you're blocking.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. McCoy ran better than he passed. That's not good.
He had one TERRIBLE pass. He threaded the needle on several occasions. He looked good with the ones. Hate to say it, but it's true.

Quote:
2. Still dont think that the team will release or trade Goodwin. Let him play out the final year of his contract.
Goodwin is fine this year. I mentioned Kilgore because it was mentioned earlier that he played poorly. I disagreed.

Quote:
3. Agreed but at the same time, if James is in there, I dont want to see him blocking. I want to see him running or catching the ball out of the backfield. He's an explosive playmaker. Cant be that if you're blocking.
The RBs first responsibility on pass plays is pass pro. If there is an odd man rush, he has to pick him up, regardless if he is a catching threat, or not.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
He had one TERRIBLE pass. He threaded the needle on several occasions. He looked good with the ones. Hate to say it, but it's true.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I guess I missed more than I saw but either way, if Kaepernick gets injured, all of us will be pissed off.

Quote:
Goodwin is fine this year. I mentioned Kilgore because it was mentioned earlier that he played poorly. I disagreed.
Oh, okay.

Quote:
The RBs first responsibility on pass plays is pass pro. If there is an odd man rush, he has to pick him up, regardless if he is a catching threat, or not.
True but if James isnt good at pass protection, why have him in there doing that to begin with? We have other guys who can be used in that role. I do not want to see a Lawrence Phillips/Steve Young variation so keep James out of pass protection period.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's some good news for us regarding the Seahawks who we play in week two on SNF -

-DT Jesse Williams has been placed on IR ending his rookie season.
-DE Cliff Avril is out indefinitely with an aggravated hamstring injury.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw i'm very impressed with our 2013 draft so far. reid, mcdonald, lemonier, patton have all done well. so has daniels. cooper and morris (udfa) both broke up passes with the 3rd team last night. and this is all without possibly our two best picks, carradine and lattimore. oh, and marlon moore is looking like a big play WR with special teams value, aso is beasting, so is boldin, so is dawson, williams and dorsey add a lot of dl depth, and baldwin>>>jenkins.

BEAST

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

1. He lacks poise. He moved the ball well when his reads were defined and of the shorter variety. Completing a bunch of slants is just ok in my book. He hasnt displayed any consistency throwing the ball intermediate-deep, or stick throws aagainst zone coverage. That pass 15 feet over Chad Hall's head is just one of many examples.

2. Kilgore pass-pro still needs a ton of work. He gives up too much push when he's locked on a defender one-on-one. What I saw conicides with most of the beat writers said during TC, which was he was getting pushed around by Ian Williams quite a bit.

3. Agreed but I'm not overly worried because he looked pretty good in pass-pro during the season last year from what I remembered.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see BJ Daniels improvement from year one to year two.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
He hasnt displayed any consistency throwing the ball intermediate-deep, or stick throws aagainst zone coverage. That pass 15 feet over Chad Hall's head is just one of many examples.
I agree, but think about it...

If he consistently threw intermediate-deep and stick throws, he would be an NFL starter.

The Hall throw was terrible. He never set his feet.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Dont agree with this -

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3624/parys-haralson

I dont know how he's played this pre-season but for $1.15m, I would keep him as depth. A late round draft pick for next year wouldnt be bad but at the same time, if injuries kick in, we may need him. Rather keep him and let him leave as an UFA in March.

Last edited by dan77733 : 08-26-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Dont agree with this -

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3624/parys-haralson

I dont know how he's played this pre-season but for $1.15m, I would keep him as depth. A late round draft pick for next year wouldnt be bad but at the same time, if injuries kick in, we may need him. Rather keep him and let him leave as an UFA in March.
Don't agree with what?

What if someone offers a 4th for him? This means they really like what they see from Lemonier. It's a win-win.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is McCoy left on the team and as our back up ugh. damn it. I like BJ more..
Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Since im bored and have nothing to do, here's my 53 player roster and yes, I'll do a final one after the pre-season game Thursday -

QB / 3 - Kaepernick, McCoy, Daniels (R)
RB / 6 - Gore, Hunter, James
FB / 8 - Miller, Dixon
WR / 14 - Boldin, Baldwin, Patton (R), Williams, Moore, Osgood
TE / 17 - Davis, McDonald (R), Celek
C / 19 - Goodwin, Kilgore
OG / 22 - Iupati, Boone, Snyder
OT / 25 - Staley, Davis, Bykowski (R)

DE / 30 - Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Tukuafu, Okoye (R)
DT / 32 - Williams, Divens
OLB / 36 - Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier (R)
ILB / 40 - Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Moody (R)
CB / 46 - Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, Cooper (R)
FS / 48 - Reid (R), Spillman
SS / 50 - Whitner, Dahl

K / 51 - Dawson
P / 52 - Lee
LS / 53 - Jennings

IR / 4 - Debniak, Carswell, Fleming, McBath
NFI / 5 - Carradine, Dial, Lattimore, Marquadt, Wright
PUP / 2 - Crabtree, Manningham

NOTES:

-Still staying with Osgood as the 6th WR because he's a veteran and provides depth on special teams. Dont see Collie, Hall and Jacobs making the final 53. Hawkins would be the only guy I can see being picked over Osgood but not really high on him so I went with the veteran instead.

-Went with Celek as the third (blocking) TE over Grey. I think that Grey goes on the practice squad. Rather have the blocking TE in Celek over Grey.

-Went with Bykowski over Looney to add depth at OT. Snyder can play both and he'll be the swing tackle and main backup at OG. If Snyder was to get hurt, Kilgore can still play OG but without Bykowski, we wouldnt have anyone on the active roster.

-Went with Okoye over Dobbs because Dobbs will miss the first game of the season due to suspension and quite honestly, I think that Okoye has too much potential and upside to take a chance on him passing through waivers which I dont see happening since majority of teams dont have the depth that we do. Also, since Carradine doesnt appear to be ready for week one, that gives us an extra roster spot to play with and I rather keep Okoye instead of Dobbs.

-With Dial on NFI, I kept Divens on the 53 as the backup NT. Granted, we rarely play the NT but still need a backup for depth.

-Went with Haralson over Wilhoite. If Haralson gets traded, then obviously this changes but im going with Haralson right now.

-Kept Skuta inside even though he's been playing outside to be the main backup to Willis and Bowman. Shame Larry Grant is suspended for the first four games of the season because I wanted him back as I was comfortable with him backing up Willis/Bowman.

-In a passing league, I kept six cornerbacks on the roster. Kept Cooper on the roster until Wright is healthy enough to play.

-Went with just four safeties. While he probably will, I went with Cooper over Robinson.

-Jennings isnt (and shouldnt) be going anywhere. 49ers/Giants 2002 NFC Divisional game. Enough said. Keep Jennings!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't agree with what?

What if someone offers a 4th for him? This means they really like what they see from Lemonier. It's a win-win.
Dont see us getting anything higher than a 7th rounder and if thats all we can get, I would just keep him. 4th rounder would probably take. Can see him being traded to the Saints who have lost a few OLB's for the season.

I'm not the biggest Haralson fan but I rather have him as the backup than a rookie even though im excited to see Lemonier get more playing time but at the same time, not exactly comfortable with a rookie starting if Aldon or Brooks were to get injured.

Just have to wait and see what happens. Not much longer.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Tolzien's just been waived. I think this one has been obvious for a while now.

Quote:
Scott Tolzien, a third-year quarterback, headlined the group of players.......In addition, San Francisco waived offensive lineman Al Netter, running back D.J. Harper, punter Colton Schmidt and linebacker Joe Holland.

The 49ers roster currently stands at 85. The team will soon announce additional roster moves to trim down to the league mandated 75-man limit by 1:00 p.m. PT on Tuesday, Aug. 27.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...0-0e2d48f99fa5
Old 08-26-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I wonder if another team will pick him up.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Dixon on the bubble at all? I know he isn't used much on offense but plays a lot of special teams, you've got a pretty crowded backfield there. I think he can be a nice piece for any team but SF seems like it will be a tough place for him to stick. He was a damn truck in college.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote