Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And ppl have to realize this team is getting back a lot of talent and should be hitting its stride, later in the year. Tank, MM, Wright, Dial, Crabs, and Aldon...excluding Crabs, that's ALOT of talent that should be coming back in the fold in about a month or so. Our best football is yet to come. We just have to hold water until we can get some guys back. I think we have one of the deepest rosters in the league and we'll have a chance to display that over the next month. We still have enough talent to win games until we start getting some of these guys back.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Of course he's going to play. Baalke has had a man-crush on Wright for awhile. Even tried to sign him as a FA but he instead signed a huge deal with the Bucs 2 years ago. He's been dealing with a "personal issue". I'm guessing it was substance abuse related, kind of like Aldon, as he was arrested for DUI right around 4th of July, which might have led to his failed physical when we traded for him initially. But we went ahead and signed him anyway like a month later. That should prove how much we like him.

He's schedule to come off the NFI list in two weeks. He's been working out at the facility for weeks now. Once he comes off, he'll be able to pratice for 3 weeks I believe before we either have to activate him to the 53 or release him. I suspect he'll do enough to warrant a spot on the 53. Guys like Marecic, Stupar, Moore and Osgood are really just place holders until guys like Manningham, Wright, and Tank come back. I believe Wright will eventually have a meaningful role on Sundays for us. Either as the slot CB or the 4th CB. Wright has always had talent, just been very sporadic with his play. But I believe with the talent we have in the front seven and at safety, not to mention the tutelage of Donatell, that he could really thrive in our scheme.
So, basically he'll have to elevated to the active roster by week 10 which starts the second half of our season. Hopefully, he can contribute on the field and play better than Rogers and Brown. No matter what though, I would most likely let Brown and Wright walk after the season and release Rogers. No point in spending money on players who are past, at or near 30 and more likely to decline as they get older. With that said, for 2014, the most I would do is a one year deal for Brown and Wright if that.

Yeah, those other guys are just holding roster spots for the guys on PUP and NFI. Here's a question though, if a player from PUP and NFI still cant play, we can put him on injured reserve right? We dont have to release/waive the player do we? Reason im asking is because I dont want to see Lattimore released since im not expecting him to be activated at all this season.

Players im looking at now who could be release when others come back include - Marecic, Stupar, Wilhoite, Ventrone, Dobbs and Osgood. Dont see Moore or Harper being released especially with Patton out with an injury until after the bye week and even if Manningham comes back after the bye week, he'll still be rusty and out of football shape.

Just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully, we can beat the Texans, go on a five game winning streak and head into the bye week with a 6-2 record.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And ppl have to realize this team is getting back a lot of talent and should be hitting its stride, later in the year. Tank, MM, Wright, Dial, Crabs, and Aldon...excluding Crabs, that's ALOT of talent that should be coming back in the fold in about a month or so. Our best football is yet to come. We just have to hold water until we can get some guys back. I think we have one of the deepest rosters in the league and we'll have a chance to display that over the next month. We still have enough talent to win games until we start getting some of these guys back.
Exactly. If we can beat the Texans, go on a five game winning streak and head into our bye week with a 6-2 record with all those guys potentially coming back for week 10, that would be huge for us.

We definitely have one of the deepest rosters in the league and looking at the list of players who could be coming back proves it.

As for Aldon, I dont think that he'll be suspended this year. If anything, he'll miss 4-6 games to start next season.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we cut BJ Daniels and signed John Skelton. WTF? Dumbass move. Just a DUMB ASS move. Skelton is horrible and brings nothing to the table as a passer that would be seen as an upgrade.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 10-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why the heck did we just cut Daniels? I don't get it.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I just read that. Not happy at all. Skelton sucks and if Daniels gets claimed, im going to be pissed. Not sure but WTF is up with Baalke and Harbaugh? They keep making a minor dumbass move after another. Do like signing Cunningham though and release Maraeic.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The outrage of losing a 4th quarter preseason superstar strikes the 49ers fan-base once again.

It breaks my heart every time I see Nate Davis, Thomas Clayton, Kory Sheets, and LaVelle Hawkins making highlight reel plays every Sunday.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The outrage of losing a 4th quarter preseason superstar strikes the 49ers fan-base once again.

It breaks my heart every time I see Nate Davis, Thomas Clayton, Kory Sheets, and LaVelle Hawkins making highlight reel plays every Sunday.
The point is how is this an upgrade to the roster? Skelton for Daniels? How does that help us? His experience? His experience is irrelevant if his arm is doo doo. Hopefully Daniels isn't claimed off waivers. But really, why get Skelton in the first place? He does nothing for this team.

Good thing Marcus Cooper is stinking it up in Kansas City. That actually makes me feel better.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The point is how is this an upgrade to the roster? Skelton for Daniels? How does that help us? His experience? His experience is irrelevant if his arm is doo doo. Hopefully Daniels isn't claimed off waivers. But really, why get Skelton in the first place? He does nothing for this team.

Good thing Marcus Cooper is stinking it up in Kansas City. That actually makes me feel better.
For every Marcus cooper there's about 5 players similar to the ones physlac posted (you could also add diyral Briggs, Nathan Palmer, Chris owusu, etc, to physlacs list). Far more often than not it just doesn't end up mattering.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think ppl understand that Daniels is VERY far from being a capable NFL QB at this point. But they knew he would probably be snatched up if he were cut right after pre-season. Now, week 5 into the season, most rosters are set and teams won't be willing to add him to their 53 because every team is dealing with injuries and can't afford to waste a roster spot on a 3rd string QB to develop. I understand the move. Would I have made it? Depends on how far Daniels is from actually being able to be thrust into action. So if they are doing this, then they must feel like he's pretty far away, regardless of what ppl think about his pre-season play.

Also, I think might be an indictment on the read-option and its future in our offense. Daniels was drafted mainly because of his ability to run the r/o. With the lack of success of it thus far this year, we might be scaling back on it. If that's the case, how valuable is 3rd string, r/o QB? Hopefully he clears waivers because I'd like to see JH develop Daniels long-term but I'm not going too mad if he is picked up by someone else.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

So LeMichael James is apparently unhappy about his role in the offense. He had a couple of tweets on his account which he quickly deleted, but were taken as a form of grumbling his frustration.

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers running back LaMichael James barely has made a peep behind Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter this season. Except on Twitter.

James has seen just three carries for zero yards, leaving him to question his role on Tuesday in a tweet he later deep-sixed.

"Some things I just don't understand at all," James wrote, per Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. "I don't work at State Farm, I'm not trying to be insurance."

Get in line, LaMichael.

We've already heard from Gore, who badgered coach Jim Harbaugh for more carries after running the ball just 11 times in a Week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Gore saw a heavier workload in Thursday's drubbing of the St. Louis Rams, but backups Anthony Dixon and James have accounted for just seven percent of touches on the ground.

The biggest issues for James are, in order: (1) Gore remains a stud; (2) Colin Kaepernick swallows up carries; and (3) Hunter simply is the better option as a backup. Clear away those obstacles and James is in business
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ole-with-49ers

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
For every Marcus cooper there's about 5 players similar to the ones physlac posted (you could also add diyral Briggs, Nathan Palmer, Chris owusu, etc, to physlacs list). Far more often than not it just doesn't end up mattering.
Every situation is different though. Again, how does this help our roster? John Skelton is horrible and you have no chance to win a game with him. And if a guy is the third string quarterback, it's not a big deal if he's a developmental player. Why take the risk of another team snatching him up? Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Every situation is different though. Again, how does this help our roster? John Skelton is horrible and you have no chance to win a game with him. And if a guy is the third string quarterback, it's not a big deal if he's a developmental player. Why take the risk of another team snatching him up? Doesn't make sense.
If JH sees something there that merits taking a closer look at, I'm all for it. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Just like I didn't understand the interest in McCoy but conceded to let JH do what he do. The fact that Skleton had offers from Tenn, and another team, but chose to sign with us proves that apparently other teams see something there as well. My 2 cents, I think they keep McCoy around long enough until Skelton gets up to speed with the playbook. Then when they feel he's ready, they'll release McCoy and make Skleton the #2. Creating a roster spot right around the time Crabs may be looking to return to the line-up.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We get it LeMichael, you don't work at State Farm. Would it be OK if the team took out some insurance on your hands and your propensity to fumble the football?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Skelton sucks and sorry but taking the chance on losing a player who could turn into a solid backup for us for a player who sucks, has sucked and will continue to suck makes no sense whatsoever.

*waits to see who claims Daniels*
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

BJ Daniels to Seattle. Of course. I hope John Skelton was worth it Harbaugh and Baalke. SMH.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this will probably be irrelevant in the long run, but it still stings that seattle was the team that picked him up. surprised jacksonville didn't make a claim, what do they have to lose?

btw, do you guys think skelton will be the #2 QB on Sunday?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
btw, do you guys think skelton will be the #2 QB on Sunday?
Maybe. To me it doesn't really matter. He's always been a loser and shouldn't be on an NFL roster. I just really want him and McCoy off this team.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe. To me it doesn't really matter. He's always been a loser and shouldn't be on an NFL roster. I just really want him and McCoy off this team.
^^^This. And not surprised one bit that Seattle claimed Daniels. UGH. I'm not happy about this move as I was really looking forward to seeing Daniels develop and eventually become the backup to Kaepernick. Baalke and Harbaugh have made a lot of good decisions but this one is where you just shake your head.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually refrain from "Big Leagueing" but it must be done. All our collective knowledge of BJ Daniels stems from viewing a couple of 4th quarters of preseason games where he flashed against mostly guys that got cut or last man on the 53 types. Harbaugh's knowledge of him stems from practices, film sessions, personal interactions AND the same preseason action we saw. Harbaugh is a former NFL QB, a fairly good one at that. We need to recognize that he has expertise in this field, the likes of which we could only dream of having. If he thinks he's cutable to pickup John Skelton then there must be just cause. He's certainly earned that respect.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I usually refrain from "Big Leagueing" but it must be done. All our collective knowledge of BJ Daniels stems from viewing a couple of 4th quarters of preseason games where he flashed against mostly guys that got cut or last man on the 53 types. Harbaugh's knowledge of him stems from practices, film sessions, personal interactions AND the same preseason action we saw. Harbaugh is a former NFL QB, a fairly good one at that. We need to recognize that he has expertise in this field, the likes of which we could only dream of having. If he thinks he's cutable to pickup John Skelton then there must be just cause. He's certainly earned that respect.
Fair enough. But at the same time neither Harbaugh or Baalke are invincible in their decision making. I mean, sure Skelton has experience. But that is irrelevant because he's trash. And Harbaugh's X amount of experience as a talent evaluator isn't going to make the ball release better from Skelton's hand. What Daniels showed in the preseason, as small of a sample size as that was where he was going against 4th stringers (while also playing with them) was still better than what Skelton has ever done in his NFL career. Like ever. Kicking the tires on Skelton just seems to lack common sense to me. He's doo doo and shouldn't be a 49er. If Kap goes down our season is over anyway, but it never hurts to have a backup with some potential to groom for the future. Regardless if he pans out or not. His story hasn't been written yet. Skelton and McCoy's has.

It's over now though and down the road I hope nothing comes of it for Seattle at this point.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually pretty confident in an early 2012-style power-running offense with Skelton's huge effing arm.

If Harbaugh can tweak him, it could be a huge grab for a backup.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Fair enough. But at the same time neither Harbaugh or Baalke are invincible in their decision making. I mean, sure Skelton has experience. But that is irrelevant because he's trash. And Harbaugh's X amount of experience as a talent evaluator isn't going to make the ball release better from Skelton's hand. What Daniels showed in the preseason, as small of a sample size as that was where he was going against 4th stringers (while also playing with them) was still better than what Skelton has ever done in his NFL career. Like ever. Kicking the tires on Skelton just seems to lack common sense to me. He's doo doo and shouldn't be a 49er. If Kap goes down our season is over anyway, but it never hurts to have a backup with some potential to groom for the future. Regardless if he pans out or not. His story hasn't been written yet. Skelton and McCoy's has.

It's over now though and down the road I hope nothing comes of it for Seattle at this point.
You make it sound like he's been in the league for 10 years. This is his 3rd year in the NFL. You and your magic 8-Ball dont know want the future holds for Skelton. He played on a **** team, behind a **** O-Line, backed by **** coaching, to start his career. And still managed to win 8 games as a starter. We don't how he'll take to the coaching and talent here. That remains to be seen but he's still a young player who can develop and mature at the position. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't just throw him under the bus and say once a loser, always a loser. Football is a lot more complicated than that and different factors weigh in on why certain ppl thrive in certain situations and others dont. I'd much rather take the wait and see approach with Skelton.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You make it sound like he's been in the league for 10 years. This is his 3rd year in the NFL. You and your magic 8-Ball dont know want the future holds for Skelton. He played on a **** team, behind a **** O-Line, backed by **** coaching, to start his career. And still managed to win 8 games as a starter. We don't how he'll take to the coaching and talent here. That remains to be seen but he's still a young player who can develop and mature at the position. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't just throw him under the bus and say once a loser, always a loser. Football is a lot more complicated than that and different factors weigh in on why certain ppl thrive in certain situations and others dont. I'd much rather take the wait and see approach with Skelton.
Alright my friend. Believe. Wait and see. I think you'll be waiting for a long, long time though.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Bottom line....they should have kept Daniels. They liked him enough to keep him past final cuts because they were worried that some other team would pick him up off waivers yet they waive him now in favor of Skelton who's been a free agent since he was released by the Bengals on August 31st. Skelton couldnt even win the backup job in Cincy and only wins the third spot with us because of a dumb ass move which was releasing Daniels. Skelton is inaccurate and immobile and doesnt fit our offense at all. Sorry but he sucks plain and simple and I dont see how this is an upgrade for us. Giving up on a rookie QB who showed a lot of skill, talent and potential for a player you already know sucks makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sometimes, I think that Baalke and Harbaugh make moves just for the sake of making a move. Going to make a roster move? Make a move that makes sense and an impact, not one that's actually a negative instead of a positive.