Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Roman was above average the last two seasons. I don't know why people are so quick to jump on him while ignoring that fact. Sure, he chokes in the clutch, but overall the guy has been pretty darn good for us the last two seasons. Something is definitely different this year...
Because you can't be a good OC and choke in those key games we've had this year already. we have plenty of depth where we should only had 3 loses now. The Saints was just crap play all around on offense. Where's the deep patterns ? there where a few but not threw out the game.

I'm tired of Roman he hasn't been giving the run a fair this year. When he does we some how lose the game I dunno why. I really didn't see us at 6-4 for at this point. Just been an unlucky season. Hopefully we can snag a wild card spot and have every one healthy then and make a good run
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Brown and Rogers aren't coming back next season and our starting corners will be Brock and Culliver. Too bad we couldn't keep Marcus Cooper.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking around at our roster and it dawned on me, just how fascinating a GM Baalke is. Now I'm not up on other team's rosters like I am our own but I try to keep up with all the other 31 teams, as far as homegrown talent and acquisitions. Is there another GM better than Baalke in finding talent through UDFAs?

Alex Boone is an All-Pro waiting to happen if he could ever move to his natural position, RT. But even as a OG, he is Pro Bowl material. I re-watched the Rams game its drool-worthy just how good he looked at LT. Great feet and pop. Plays with solid technique and leverage, and just looks like a natural with his kick-slide. Imagine if he were allowed to play OT exclusively? I like Anthony Davis but I've always maintained that he and Boone should switch positions. Its one of the reasons I think our run-game is lacking when it comes to short yardage. Boone and Goodwin don't provide enough push as a tandem. As good as Boone is at RG, as a straight drive blocker, he lacks the strength to create that push needed for short-yardage situations. Not to mention Boone is better in pass pro, out on the edge. As a RT, Davis will always be a little underwhelming in that department. Robert Quinn is having a monster year and Boone made him invisible out there. I said all that to say that Boone is one heck of a talent and even with the character concerns coming out of college, hard to beleive we found him via the UDFA route. Ian Williams looked like a absolute monster at NT before he got injured. Tremaine Brock is in line be one of our starting CBs next year and has shown tredmendous talent and development. Tony Jerod-Eddie is looking more and more like a guy who will develop into something special along the D-Line. He's looking better and better, the more snaps he sees. That's 3 starters and a key rotational player on a very stacked roster. And that's not even counting key reserves such as Wilhoite and Dobbs. Not to mention a young guys like Morris, who looks to be taking the same route Brock did. Early role as a key STer, while developing at your position with hopes that you will eventually be ready to step into a role on defense later down the road. And just like I was high on TJE, I really think we found another gem along the D-Line in Purcell. Amazing really, how Baalke maximizes every inch of the roster and how we can continue to replenish when starters leave in free agency. So the next time someone wants to rag on how bad the AJ Jenkins pick was, or how bad that entire 2012 draft was in general, make sure they realize that Baalke has hit FAR more than he has missed. Especially on guys no one deemed draft worthy.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-05-2013 at 08:03 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Baalke has done a good job and hit more than he's missed. I just wish he would hit on some wide receivers.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

And Staley might actually play against the Seahawks miraculously. He was back at practice today and looked good in some drills apparently.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes Baalke has done a good job and hit more than he's missed. I just wish he would hit on some wide receivers.
Well Patton looks promising. Was Baalke responsible for Crabtree?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Well Patton looks promising. Was Baalke responsible for Crabtree?
Patton has looked good. Crabtree fell into our lap. It would have been ******** not to take him.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Crabtree was still risky at the time. Foot injury kept him out of all workouts prior to draft. Regardless, you still have to give credit for drafting a quality WR like Crabs. It certainly wasn't a bust of a pick. Just took him the standard 3 years to breakout. He's not a superstar, but I wouldn't discredit Baalke for that one. Jenkins was a miss though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Meh, Crabtree was still risky at the time. Foot injury kept him out of all workouts prior to draft. Regardless, you still have to give credit for drafting a quality WR like Crabs. It certainly wasn't a bust of a pick. Just took him the standard 3 years to breakout. He's not a superstar, but I wouldn't discredit Baalke for that one. Jenkins was a miss though.
Yeah, but if we had passed on the pick because he was "too risky" the 49ers would have been grilled even before we found out what Crabtree could do.

I'll give credit for not being stupid enough to pass up a golden opportunity that presented itself.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree was a Scotty Mac pick. Baalke started handling the draft in 2010. Before then he was the head of player personnel, while McCloughan was the GM from 2008-2010. And before then, he was the head of pro scouting when McCloughan was the team president and Nolan was the coach and de facto GM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like Brown and Rogers aren't coming back next season and our starting corners will be Brock and Culliver. Too bad we couldn't keep Marcus Cooper.
Good. I'll be happy when Rogers is gone and I wouldnt keep Brown either. Brock signed a four year extension and I would start him opposite whoever we draft in the first round because our first round draft pick should be the best cover corner available when we're on the clock. Culliver as the nickelback. I would bring back Cox as the dime back and Morris as the fifth corner.

Agree about Cooper.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I was looking around at our roster and it dawned on me, just how fascinating a GM Baalke is. Now I'm not up on other team's rosters like I am our own but I try to keep up with all the other 31 teams, as far as homegrown talent and acquisitions. Is there another GM better than Baalke in finding talent through UDFAs?

Alex Boone is an All-Pro waiting to happen if he could ever move to his natural position, RT. But even as a OG, he is Pro Bowl material. I re-watched the Rams game its drool-worthy just how good he looked at LT. Great feet and pop. Plays with solid technique and leverage, and just looks like a natural with his kick-slide. Imagine if he were allowed to play OT exclusively? I like Anthony Davis but I've always maintained that he and Boone should switch positions. Its one of the reasons I think our run-game is lacking when it comes to short yardage. Boone and Goodwin don't provide enough push as a tandem. As good as Boone is at RG, as a straight drive blocker, he lacks the strength to create that push needed for short-yardage situations. Not to mention Boone is better in pass pro, out on the edge. As a RT, Davis will always be a little underwhelming in that department. Robert Quinn is having a monster year and Boone made him invisible out there. I said all that to say that Boone is one heck of a talent and even with the character concerns coming out of college, hard to beleive we found him via the UDFA route. Ian Williams looked like a absolute monster at NT before he got injured. Tremaine Brock is in line be one of our starting CBs next year and has shown tredmendous talent and development. Tony Jerod-Eddie is looking more and more like a guy who will develop into something special along the D-Line. He's looking better and better, the more snaps he sees. That's 3 starters and a key rotational player on a very stacked roster. And that's not even counting key reserves such as Wilhoite and Dobbs. Not to mention a young guys like Morris, who looks to be taking the same route Brock did. Early role as a key STer, while developing at your position with hopes that you will eventually be ready to step into a role on defense later down the road. And just like I was high on TJE, I really think we found another gem along the D-Line in Purcell. Amazing really, how Baalke maximizes every inch of the roster and how we can continue to replenish when starters leave in free agency. So the next time someone wants to rag on how bad the AJ Jenkins pick was, or how bad that entire 2012 draft was in general, make sure they realize that Baalke has hit FAR more than he has missed. Especially on guys no one deemed draft worthy.
Agree. My only only major complaint against Baalke is re-signing Rogers and the entire 2012 NFL Draft Class. What a disaster.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Good. I'll be happy when Rogers is gone and I wouldnt keep Brown either. Brock signed a four year extension and I would start him opposite whoever we draft in the first round because our first round draft pick should be the best cover corner available when we're on the clock. Culliver as the nickelback. I would bring back Cox as the dime back and Morris as the fifth corner.

Agree about Cooper.
Why should our first round pick be a corner? And why would Culliver be regulated suddenly to a nickelback with Rogers and Brown off the team? When healthy he's arguably our best corner.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Why should our first round pick be a corner? And why would Culliver be regulated suddenly to a nickelback with Rogers and Brown off the team? When healthy he's arguably our best corner.
Because a true shutdown cover corner to me is our biggest need. We need a CB who can play man to man on the opposing team's best receiver and eliminate the need of that receiver being double teamed. Also, Culliver is an UFA after 2014 and coming off a torn ACL. I wouldnt be expecting him to be a starter coming off a torn ACL.

Other positions of need would be SS if we let Whitner leave as an UFA. Other than that, there's no position thats a need and none on the team thats bigger than CB. Granted, our secondary has played better than expected but after Brock, we would be depending on Culliver who's coming off a torn ACL and hasnt played in a game in 19 months and an UDFA in Morris. Drafting a CB or two is pretty much a given but im hoping for the best cover corner in the first round.

Also, Culliver is an UFA in 2015 so if he doesnt bounce back next year, I wouldnt be surprised to see the team let him leave which would leave Brock and Morris as the only two CB's on the roster. I would say that drafting two corners is pretty much a given. It just comes down to who and where.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because a true shutdown cover corner to me is our biggest need. We need a CB who can play man to man on the opposing team's best receiver and eliminate the need of that receiver being double teamed. Also, Culliver is an UFA after 2014 and coming off a torn ACL. I wouldnt be expecting him to be a starter coming off a torn ACL.

Other positions of need would be SS if we let Whitner leave as an UFA. Other than that, there's no position thats a need and none on the team thats bigger than CB. Granted, our secondary has played better than expected but after Brock, we would be depending on Culliver who's coming off a torn ACL and hasnt played in a game in 19 months and an UDFA in Morris. Drafting a CB or two is pretty much a given but im hoping for the best cover corner in the first round.

Also, Culliver is an UFA in 2015 so if he doesnt bounce back next year, I wouldnt be surprised to see the team let him leave which would leave Brock and Morris as the only two CB's on the roster. I would say that drafting two corners is pretty much a given. It just comes down to who and where.
If healthy, Cully will be one of the starting CBs to start the 2014 season. A ACL injury is not the death sentence it used to be. And he suffered the injury early enough that he should be ready to go by OTAs.

I serious doubt CB will be the first pick. One because I really don't see any CB in this class that warrants one. Not that there aren't some kids I like but there is no 'shutdown CB' in the class. A lot kids with potential but I'm not sold on any of them yet. Now Baalke does normally go biggest need with the first pick. And CB will be one of our biggest needs but I just don't see the talent at the position to warrant a first rounder. I see us more than likely going after a vet player in free agency. A guy who physically fits the bill of what we like and could thrive in our scheme. Maybe didn't pan out elsewhere and could use a change of environment and some solid coaching to help them take the next step. A guy like Chris Cook from the Vikes. A guy Baalke was rumored to be very high on during the draft process. Didn't live up to expectations in Minny but is still young and could be molded into a nice starter on the outside if he develops and takes to the scheme. You pair a signing like that, with Brock, Cully, and potentially re-signing a guy like Wright and CB isn't as big of a need as it once was.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

We should get a receiver in the first round. Still kills me that we didn't acquire Josh Gordon. Maybe Cleveland's price was too high, but if the rumor floating around that a 2nd round or even a 1st round pick was the fee then we're dumb for not pulling the trigger. Especially since Kaepernick clearly needed help. Sure Gordon was an inch away from being banned for a year, but I look at it as we're trying to win the Super Bowl now. Whatever. What's done is done.

So does anyone have any opinions on potential receivers for next season we could get in the draft early?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-06-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Honestly, Baalke should NEVER draft another WR in the first round. Even though I too was high on Jenkins pre-draft, for THIS scheme, looking back in hindsight he wasn't the best fit. And we seem to have this thing for drafting certain kind of WRs. 5'11 - 6'0 types who seem to be more quick and agile but aren't physically stout or explosive. I said this last year, in the same division as Seattle and Peterson from the Cards, you need a #1 WR who is a physical mis-match. A guy who's long enough, explosive enough, and fast enough to be a handful on the outside. That's why I wanted Justin Hunter last draft, and judging by the circus catches he continues to make for the Titans, he could have been just what we needed. Whatever the reason, we've been bad at finding talent at the position and I'm not fond of the idea of Baalke spending another 1st rounder at the position. Patton kind of just fell into our laps, as he fell a lot further than ppl expected. But this scouting staff hasnt really proven they can properly identify talent at the position. And I'm not really sold on Morton as a WRs coach to cultivate said talent either so I'd rather them wait and look at that position later.

I'd honestly like our first pick this year to be the BPA, regardless of the position. I think there's a good chance Boldin gets resigned. So you'd have Boldin, Crabs, and Patton coming back as a decent nucleus. Not to mention Ness's favorite pratice squader, Chuck Jacobs. You can add a decent deep threat through FA so drafting a WR in the first isn't really much of a priority. I'd like Baalke to just sit back and see who falls to us. Maybe QB like Manziel or Boyd falls to us? That would kill our back-up QB issues. Maybe a stud O-Lineman or safety lands right to us? Honestly, as much as I like McDonald, I wouldn't mind another H-Back type in round 1. A guy like Ebron from UNC who I think will be a beast at the next level, wouldn't make me mad, though I have no idea if he even has a first round grade or not. We obviously love the 22 personnel a lot so finding a guy to make that package more dangerous isn't a bad way to spend a first rounder. I just want Baalke to keep his options open...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Chuck Jacobs should have gotten a chance over Kyle Williams at the very least. Or maybe even Jonathan Baldwin. Sometimes a dude just needs chance, and sometimes teams need to forget about football politics.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Chuck Jacobs should have gotten a chance over Kyle Williams at the very least. Or maybe even Jonathan Baldwin. Sometimes a dude just needs chance, and sometimes teams need to forget about football politics.
Baldwin has had plenty of chances and he hasn't done anything with them. The one chance he had to actually score a TD on a perfectly thrown ball, he drops it. Its not about politics, some ppl just aren't good enough. I think Baldwin fits that category. There's a reason the Chiefs traded him. And Jacobs just isn't ready physically, regardless of what you want to believe. Him catching a couple of TDs against 4th stringers in pre-season doesnt change that.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think WR will be the pick. If Crabs returns to form and Patton builds on his strong preseason I think we'll be ok there.

Ebron is moving up draft boards. I'm a big fan, as well.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Baldwin has had plenty of chances and he hasn't done anything with them. The one chance he had to actually score a TD on a perfectly thrown ball, he drops it. Its not about politics, some ppl just aren't good enough. I think Baldwin fits that category. There's a reason the Chiefs traded him. And Jacobs just isn't ready physically, regardless of what you want to believe. Him catching a couple of TDs against 4th stringers in pre-season doesnt change that.
Oh I know. I wasn't advocating for Baldwin. I was advocating for Jacobs.

And as for Jacobs being ready physically, you don't know what. Yeah he's not that big, but neither was Marvin Harrison. Actually they're the same size. And yeah sure he caught a couple of touchdowns against 4th stringers. He was also playing with 4th stringers too. You can't tell me that he would have done worse than Kyle Williams or Jonathan Baldwin though.

And sometimes it is about football politics. That's why teams aren't obligated to keep free agents, and that is why they usually don't get a chance to shine unless it's due to injury.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh I know. I wasn't advocating for Baldwin. I was advocating for Jacobs.

And as for Jacobs being ready physically, you don't know what. Yeah he's not that big, but neither was Marvin Harrison. Actually they're the same size. And yeah sure he caught a couple of touchdowns against 4th stringers. He was also playing with 4th stringers too. You can't tell me that he would have done worse than Kyle Williams or Jonathan Baldwin though.

And sometimes it is about football politics. That's why teams aren't obligated to keep free agents, and that is why they usually don't get a chance to shine unless it's due to injury.
As bad as we were craving for ANY talent at WR to step earlier in the year, if Jacobs was ready, he would have been given a shot. I just highlighted in an earlier post about how this staff does a excellent job of finding talent through the UDFA route and letting that talent see the field. I think politics is not the right wording. We jettisoned a first round draft pick after ONE season because he failed to produce. We have a second round pick in Tank who can't even get activated on gamedays because we have a former UDFA in TJE playing lights out and has solidified his spot in the rotation. No one should ever mistake this regime for playing politics when it comes to players and on-field performance.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-06-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

If there's no shutdown CB in round one, then I would guess that we would draft two corners in the mid rounds.

FA wise, I guess Cook wouldnt be bad considering his age and size but I wouldnt overspend on him especially when the market for CB's this past off-season was $4m a season and the FA class was better than what it will be in 2014. I was actually hoping for Browner but with him getting suspended for a year, being injury prone and that he'll be 30 in August (I thought that he was a few years younger), I have no interest in him now.

Dont know who else is available in FA. And no, I dont want us to re-sign Wright either. CB will be our biggest need though followed by SS if we let Whitner leave. Center would be third if Goodwin isnt re-signed. Starting center could be Kilgore but with one year left on his contract, I would rather see him extended before he's given (or wins) the starting center spot.

A wildcard for the first round would be a LT or a RG and here's why - Staley will be 30 in August and starting in 2015, his salary jumps up from $2.7m in 2014 to $4.5m in 2015. Granted, thats not a lot of money at all but I wouldnt be surprised if the team decides to eventually move Boone to LT and draft a RG to replace Boone. Not saying that this will happen but it could be a wildcard position come draft day.

One thing is for sure...we need to extend Iupati already. It's taking too damn long.

WR wise, I would probably try to re-sign Boldin for one more year but not at $6m a season. Draft wise, unless there's an A.J. Green type player, I wouldnt even bother. For whatever reason, we're just not good at drafting receivers in the first round.

Front seven wise, Jerod-Eddie has been playing good but they should activate Carradine and get him some playing time in these last four games heading into the playoffs. Doesnt hurt to have another lineman available on gamedays.

Either way, looking forward to the off-season.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was actually hoping for Browner but with him getting suspended for a year, being injury prone and that he'll be 30 in August (I thought that he was a few years younger), I have no interest in him now.
Many Seahawks fans will tell you that Browner is their 3rd, 4th, or 5th best CB.

Quote:
A wildcard for the first round would be a LT or a RG and here's why - Staley will be 30 in August and starting in 2015, his salary jumps up from $2.7m in 2014 to $4.5m in 2015. Granted, thats not a lot of money at all but I wouldnt be surprised if the team decides to eventually move Boone to LT and draft a RG to replace Boone. Not saying that this will happen but it could be a wildcard position come draft day.
Why consider moving on from one of the NFLs best LTs who is still young by OT standards and at a bargain price?

Quote:
Front seven wise, Jerod-Eddie has been playing good but they should activate Carradine and get him some playing time in these last four games heading into the playoffs. Doesnt hurt to have another lineman available on gamedays.
Quinton Dial would get reps before Carradine. Tank simply isn't ready.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

What kills me is these so called fans I see, calling Tank a bust already because he cant get on the field. Playing rush DE in college and 5-Tech in the pros are two competely different worlds. It takes time. Fans need to be patience.