Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldnt be surprised if James gets traded on draft day or at some point this off-season. The coaching staff barely uses him and if they can get something in return for him, they would be better off trading him.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMJ fumbled the phone between tweets.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMJ will get his wish, which I'm sure is why he's doing it. He saw how those Brandon Jacobs tweets were received. I don't balme him. He's not a punt returner yet we try to turn him into one. He has absolutely ZERO role on offense. He's not a JH type of offensive player. He's a jitterbug-type RB who excells in space. Our runnning game is based between the tackles for the most part. He should be in a offense that will actually use him. I can understand the frustration, though using Twitter to vent is just a douche move all around that I will never condone. I expect they may package him with a pick during the draft to make a move.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
LMJ will get his wish, which I'm sure is why he's doing it. He saw how those Brandon Jacobs tweets were received. I don't balme him. He's not a punt returner yet we try to turn him into one. He has absolutely ZERO role on offense. He's not a JH type of offensive player. He's a jitterbug-type RB who excells in space. Our runnning game is based between the tackles for the most part. He should be in a offense that will actually use him. I can understand the frustration, though using Twitter to vent is just a douche move all around that I will never condone. I expect they may package him with a pick during the draft to make a move.
Alot of interesting truth here... but different from his draft day.

1. LMJ was a better between the tackles runner than Hunter and excelled up the gut at Oregon.

2. LMJ was "Harbaugh's guy" on draft day. Harbaugh pick.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Jenkins and James would give our offense the ability to score from any point on the field, as well as some speed to open things up.

Whoops.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that Harbaugh and Roman weren't more creative on offense with James. I understand sticking to your philosophy, but if you picked James in the draft then there has to be a reason why you wanted him. There should be something you saw that you believe could help your offense. I don't get why refuse to utilize him. Makes no sense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Alot of interesting truth here... but different from his draft day.

1. LMJ was a better between the tackles runner than Hunter and excelled up the gut at Oregon.

2. LMJ was "Harbaugh's guy" on draft day. Harbaugh pick.
Well he was a between the tackles runner in college. But in a spread offense which utilized zone blocking. He was a cut-back runner, like Foster in Houston. And at the time he was better than Hunter. But Hunter has imporved his vision and patience, in the box area. I think a lot of that has to do with him getting the opportunity to improve. He's gotten more of the reps behind Gore. Looking back on it, LMJ wasn't a very instinctive runner in the traditional sense...finding creases, following his lead block, allowing holes to develop. He was anti-Gore in that way. But he did excell between the tackles at Oregon so a lot of ppl thought he would be able to do it in the pros. But he never got the reps to develop the pace and patience needed to run out of power sets. Its clear now he likes and prefers cut-back lanes so he can cut against the grain and seek an open field. I think he could exceed between the tackles, in a zone scheme, where the cutback is vital and allows for things to develop off of that. Most of us believed he would be utilized in the short-passing game much much more also, which has never materialized under Roman/JH.

And I don't think he was a Harbaugh pick at all. I think this may have been one of the times Baake and JH butted heads. I defintely think it was a Baalke pick all the way. Those first two picks, were aimed for us to get quicker and faster on offense. We lacked explosion on offense coming off that 2011 season. AJ and LMJ were Baalke's attempts to address the issue. I think Baalke as gearing up to put the offense in CK's hands and gathering weapons to transition to a more wide open attack to suit CK's strengths. JH said not so fast. Yes we need speed, but even if CK is the QB, we're still going to be a power-run, play-action offense...ALWAYS. I think Baalke saw the offense shifting in one direction, and JH was not having it. AJ and LMJ make more sense in a wide open attack, than in this scheme. So that's the only logical conclusion I can gather. I think the vision for AJ was what T.Y. Hilton is for the Colts.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-31-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you folks think about Andre Williams from Boston College? He had a fantastic senior season and I like his size, but on tape he isn't that fast, explosive, or an option in the passing game. Definitely a north/south runner that will run you the **** over, but not win a foot race to the endzone. Maybe it's because I like those big bruising backs, but I'd like to see him be a potential replacement for Dixon. Maybe we can get him in the draft in the 5th or 6th round. It's not like we pass to the backs in the passing game anyways.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 03:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I don't think we need another running back personally. I sure as hell don't want us wasting a draft pick on one. RBs are easy enough to find IMO. I think they're going to bring back Tukafau and he'll take Dixon's place on the roster. Latt will take LMJ's spot and that will be that.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I don't think we need another running back personally. I sure as hell don't want us wasting a draft pick on one. RBs are easy enough to find IMO. I think they're going to bring back Tukafau and he'll take Dixon's place on the roster. Latt will take LMJ's spot and that will be that.
And it will be Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore for 2014? I suppose I could live with that. Gore is getting older though and Lattimore is coming off a major injury.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And it will be Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore for 2014? I suppose I could live with that. Gore is getting older though and Lattimore is coming off a major injury.
True that but at least they'll actually use Latt, unlike LMJ. And though his injury was major, he should be completely healthy. He's been brought back very slowly and according to reports, he could have played this year if we really needed him. I mean that last time we drafted a RB coming off a couple of severe knee injuries, it worked out ok don't you think? And his running style actually fits the offense so it'll be interesting if he can pry more carries away from Gore.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for Lattimore either. He should be a good back for us.. Really comparing to Gore on his running style.

We don't need any more RB unless it is FA pickup. Drafting on is just silly and a waist of a pick. With Lattimore and Hunter we should be set and good to go for 2014.. I would rather focus on defense and a few wide outs and a kicker later in the draft.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I thought Jenkins and James would give our offense the ability to score from any point on the field, as well as some speed to open things up.

Whoops.
Glad I was't alone on that one
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am happy that lattimore got drafted after his horrific injury, but If only the 49ers drafted Zac Stacy last year instead of Lattimore they would probably be in a better situation...I guess a lot of teams could say that
Hopefully lattimore proves me wrong
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Latt is going to be almost 2 years removed from injury when TC rolls around. That's already a major bonus for me, especially if you consider how Manningham was taken off PUP and didn't look that good when active.

On a side note, Kilgore arrested for public intoxication while walking home in Tennessee...
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I can't believe Kilgore was arrested for walking home with a friend. If you do that in Vegas or SF an officer might try to help you get a cab or something. I don't think they would arrest you unless you are bothering people or screwing up personal property. Probably has something to do with Kingsport, Tennessee being a small community.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that Harbaugh and Roman weren't more creative on offense with James. I understand sticking to your philosophy, but if you picked James in the draft then there has to be a reason why you wanted him. There should be something you saw that you believe could help your offense. I don't get why refuse to utilize him. Makes no sense.

LMJ just looks so slow and hesitant, what happened to that explosive burst he had in college? Looks like he gained a few pounds since college but I wouldn't think that would account for that much of a decrease. Kendall Hunter looks much more explosive to me so why exactly would you want the ball in LMJ's hands? And of course that begs the question of, WHY THE HELL DID YOU WASTE A 2ND ROUND PICK ON HIM? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I can't wait for Lattimore either. He should be a good back for us.. Really comparing to Gore on his running style.

We don't need any more RB unless it is FA pickup. Drafting on is just silly and a waist of a pick. With Lattimore and Hunter we should be set and good to go for 2014.. I would rather focus on defense and a few wide outs and a kicker later in the draft.
On a more positive note from my last post, I cannot wait to see Tank and Lattimore next year!! We are basically getting an extra (2) first round picks if you think about it, and for a much cheaper price!

As far as draft needs, this is what I see, number of picks for each position in parenthesis:

QB (1):I think we need to draft a guy in the mid-rounds to be a long-term quality backup, somebody like Fales or Boyd in rounds 4 or 5.

RB (0-1): Probably none unless somebody is just a filthy value or they plan on replacing LMJ and drafting a RB3/PR/KR type of guy like Black Mamba, but again the value would have to be off-the-charts.

WR (2): It's a huge need in my opinion and we need to select a guy in the 1st two rounds who can compete with Patton for the WR3 spot in 2014 and start in 2015 (I'm assuming Boldin comes back for another year). I see us drafting (2) WR's most likely, (1) early and (1) late.

TE (0-1): Late round guy to compete for TE3 duties. I'm a little worried about McDonald, I think he looked pretty awkward and clumsy down the field but hopefully that will correct itself with some confidence and repetition.

OT(1): Late round guy for depth competition.

OG/C (1-2): This one is tough, it really depends on what the staff thinks of Kilgore and Looney, especially Kilgore. If the staff thinks Kilgore is their guy at Center then I can only see a mid-round addition. If not, I see us drafting a G/C in round 2-3. Iupati is likely to walk after 2014 so I see an interior lineman being drafted to compete with Looney regardless but it becomes a much higher priority if the staff isn't sold on Kilgore at Center.

DE (0-1) I'm surprised to see so many people mocking 3-4 DE's to us in the 1st or 2nd round. I can see us adding another a D-lineman or two for depth but in the 1st or 2nd round? Hmm, not sure. I think this will be a 3rd or 4th round pick for us.

DT (0-1): Ian Williams and Dorsey will be back so I don't see NT as a big need but if a guy like McCullers slips to the 3rd round then I can see us grabbing our NT of the future. Hard to justify much more than that for a position that only plays 1/3 of the snaps.

OLB (0-1): I don't see this as a need at all. Lemonier showed great flashes and Brooks has not slowed down one bit. We are likely to exercise the 5th year of Aldon's contract as well, keeping him here throughout 2015. Skuta is also signed for next year and he played great.

MLB (0-1): Obviously our strongest position and a draft pick would only be a late-round depth guy. I know Bowman may not be ready for training camp but I think a cheap FA or even moving Skuta inside would get us through until Bowman returns.

CB (2): If this isn't our #1 need then it is damn close. Brown, Rodgers, Wright, and even Cox are likely to walk. I'm not excited about the prospect of Culliver starting next to Brock but at the very least we need to draft a guy who can come right in and upgrade us at CB3. One of our 1st (3) picks has to be a CB in my opinion. I would much rather see Culliver as CB3 but at least a rookie who can compete with Culliver for the CB2 spot would be huge. I definitely see us taking (2) CB's this year.

FS/SS (1): A huge need if Whitner leaves of course. I think Whitner is 50/50 to resign but even if he re-signs, drafting a safety will be a high priority. The only way it wouldn't be is if we plan on moving Culliver to safety. I remember some rumors of this but I don't know if those were substantiated or not. Assuming that is not the case we cannot wait any longer than round 3 to draft a safety but much more likely to be in round 2 or even round 1 if HaHa or Pryor fell to us.

Special teams (1-2): We eventually need to draft a kicker I would think and I think this is the year when we take one in round 6 or 7. It is also imperative that we get better in the return game, I cringe on every kickoff or punt return. I think we take a stab at a returner this year, this may or may not be one of the receivers we draft....

Round 1: CB/S/WR
Round 2 (x2): CB/S/WR
Round 3 (x2): DL/OL/CB/WR
Round 4: QB/DL/OL/CB/WR

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 02-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Whoops.
Jenkins turned-out to be even worse than I thought and I did not think that was possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6DOOZ5IBKk

Quote:
Old 02-01-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shupp,
Nice write of team needs. I agree with most of and we diffidently need a wide out in the first two rounds some one who can have speed on the out side and yet be a big red zone target or at least be able to catch red zone passes doesn't have to be tall but be able to catch important catches in clutch moments in the red zone..
I'm also in agree with drafting a good solid back up 4th round or later just because if Kaep goes down we are screwed just like how GB was this year. Not sure who I would draft at QB depend on who is there.
These mock drafts drafting us DT's are dumb as well as here and NFL .com are trying to mock us a DT I would love a DE in the first if Evans,Lee or a top CB doesn't fall mid teens and we trade up or they just fall that far to us and we draft one of them.

Can't wait for draft though I just hope I have off.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Checking in for the 2014 draft, can't wait for some good debates and mock drafts. I will also be checking in on the Kelvin Benjamin bandwagon if there is any room.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Shupp,

Great post, agree with 95%. In regards to DE's I'm not so sure though. McDonald's play did not impress me much this year, I think he is overpaid at this point and Justin may be playing his last season. A guy like Hageman deserves a long look in round 1 imo. Tank at RDE and Hageman at LDE for the next 5 years would be just fine by me.

Last edited by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart : 02-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Also a few other wide outs I like second round top of the first are Jordan Mathews and Jarred Abbrederis
Old 02-01-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mettenberger as a mid round QB, has time to rehab the knee & develop behind kaep

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp
On a more positive note from my last post, I cannot wait to see Tank and Lattimore next year!! We are basically getting an extra (2) first round picks if you think about it, and for a much cheaper price!
Agree but I dont think that either will start until 2015 unless Smith/McDonald or Gore get injured. Hopefully, both of them can become starters in 2015.

Quote:
As far as draft needs, this is what I see, number of picks for each position in parenthesis:

QB (1):I think we need to draft a guy in the mid-rounds to be a long-term quality backup, somebody like Fales or Boyd in rounds 4 or 5.
(1) While I agree and think that we will draft a QB in the mid to late rounds, I'll be surprised if the rookie makes the final 53 and even if he does, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets released later on like Daniels did. People can say whatever they want but Daniels looked good in pre-season to at the very least keep going into training camp and pre-season this year. He was a developmental guy and I still like him better than Bethel-Thompson. With that said, I honestly prefer a veteran backup. Orton, McCown, Henne, etc. would be a huge upgrade over McCoy and I would feel comfortable with any one of the three backing up Kaepernick.

Quote:
RB (0-1): Probably none unless somebody is just a filthy value or they plan on replacing LMJ and drafting a RB3/PR/KR type of guy like Black Mamba, but again the value would have to be off-the-charts.
(0-1) Agree but im actually hoping the team keeps James and just gives him more plays on offense. Use the guy on screens, tosses, sweeps, etc. Stuff to the outside. Personally, I think that if he gets traded to a team that can use him, we'll regret trading him away. The talent is easily there but he has to be given a lot more carries than 12. One reason why I still like him is that even in his limited carries, his average per carry was 4.9. Just want to see him get more offensive plays called for him. Fullback wise, I see either Tukuafu or Debniak being the backup to Miller if we keep two fullbacks on the 53 player roster.

Quote:
WR (2): It's a huge need in my opinion and we need to select a guy in the 1st two rounds who can compete with Patton for the WR3 spot in 2014 and start in 2015 (I'm assuming Boldin comes back for another year). I see us drafting (2) WR's most likely, (1) early and (1) late.
(2) Agree that its a need but whether or not it becomes a major or minor need will depend on if we re-sign Boldin. Assuming we do re-sign Boldin, I would like to see us draft two receivers but not until the third round at best. Quite honestly, the first three draft picks, I go CB/SS and C. First rounder depends on what cornerbacks reach the late teens and if Pryor is still there. Either way, I wouldnt be looking at receivers until at least the third round and even then, it would be 50/50 depending on who's there. I'll stick with two receivers though. One in the mid rounds and one late to replace Osgood on special teams and the ability to be a returner.

Quote:
TE (0-1): Late round guy to compete for TE3 duties. I'm a little worried about McDonald, I think he looked pretty awkward and clumsy down the field but hopefully that will correct itself with some confidence and repetition.
(0) This position I wouldnt even look at. Celek will be $570k and Carrier will be at $495k for 2014. I see whichever one wins during training camp and pre-season to win the third TE spot. I'll be surprised if we draft a TE because barring injuries, its highly unlikely that any rookie TE we draft is going to beat out McDonald and especially Davis so while a late round draft pick could be used, I wouldnt bother.

Quote:
OT (1): Late round guy for depth competition.
(1) Agree with us drafting at least one OT but I would draft one in the mid rounds. 3-5. We have two developmental guys in Bykowski and Marquardt. Would like a cheaper and better alternative to Adam Snyder.

Quote:
OG/C (1-2): This one is tough, it really depends on what the staff thinks of Kilgore and Looney, especially Kilgore. If the staff thinks Kilgore is their guy at Center then I can only see a mid-round addition. If not, I see us drafting a G/C in round 2-3. Iupati is likely to walk after 2014 so I see an interior lineman being drafted to compete with Looney regardless but it becomes a much higher priority if the staff isn't sold on Kilgore at Center.
(2-3) I think this is two regardless of how the team feels about Kilgore and/or Looney. I can see us drafting a center to start or backup Kilgore and two offensive guards. One in the first three rounds to eventually replace Iupati and a mid to late rounder to compete with Looney.

Quote:
DE (0-1) I'm surprised to see so many people mocking 3-4 DE's to us in the 1st or 2nd round. I can see us adding another a D-lineman or two for depth but in the 1st or 2nd round? Hmm, not sure. I think this will be a 3rd or 4th round pick for us.

DT (0-1): Ian Williams and Dorsey will be back so I don't see NT as a big need but if a guy like McCullers slips to the 3rd round then I can see us grabbing our NT of the future. Hard to justify much more than that for a position that only plays 1/3 of the snaps.

OLB (0-1): I don't see this as a need at all. Lemonier showed great flashes and Brooks has not slowed down one bit. We are likely to exercise the 5th year of Aldon's contract as well, keeping him here throughout 2015. Skuta is also signed for next year and he played great.

MLB (0-1): Obviously our strongest position and a draft pick would only be a late-round depth guy. I know Bowman may not be ready for training camp but I think a cheap FA or even moving Skuta inside would get us through until Bowman returns.
I'm going to bunch all of these together as I pretty much agree 100%. Maybe a mid to late round pick for special teams and depth but I would be surprised if we drafted any one of these positions in the first three rounds unless a stud falls.

Quote:
CB (2): If this isn't our #1 need then it is damn close. Brown, Rodgers, Wright, and even Cox are likely to walk. I'm not excited about the prospect of Culliver starting next to Brock but at the very least we need to draft a guy who can come right in and upgrade us at CB3. One of our 1st (3) picks has to be a CB in my opinion. I would much rather see Culliver as CB3 but at least a rookie who can compete with Culliver for the CB2 spot would be huge. I definitely see us taking (2) CB's this year.
(2) This is our number one need in my opinion. Team is expected to release Rogers, not tender Cox and let Brown and Wright leave as UFA's. That would leave us with three cornerbacks. Starting RCB Brock, Culliver and Morris. I'm not expecting Culliver to start coming off a bad Super Bowl and a torn ACL. Quite honestly, unless its for Pryor, im hoping we trade up for a LCB who can start opposite Brock day one. If not round one, then round two definitely. The second cornerback would be in the fourth round as the guy who would compete for the nickelback spot with Culliver while also competing with Morris for the dimeback spot. Either way, I see us drafting two cornerbacks. Only questions are who and when.

Quote:
FS/SS (1): A huge need if Whitner leaves of course. I think Whitner is 50/50 to resign but even if he re-signs, drafting a safety will be a high priority. The only way it wouldn't be is if we plan on moving Culliver to safety. I remember some rumors of this but I don't know if those were substantiated or not. Assuming that is not the case we cannot wait any longer than round 3 to draft a safety but much more likely to be in round 2 or even round 1 if HaHa or Pryor fell to us.
(2) I'm expecting (and hoping) for Whitner to be gone. Would love to replace him with Pryor. Either way, I see us drafting a starting SS in round one or round two to replace Whitner. The other draft pick would be in the mid to late rounds to backup Reid at FS.

Quote:
Special teams (1-2): We eventually need to draft a kicker I would think and I think this is the year when we take one in round 6 or 7. It is also imperative that we get better in the return game, I cringe on every kickoff or punt return. I think we take a stab at a returner this year, this may or may not be one of the receivers we draft....
(2) A kicker and a kick/punt returner would be ideal even though I wouldnt mind seeing us sign Hester solely as a returner if we can get him cheap.

Quote:
Round 1: CB/S/WR
Round 2 (x2): CB/S/WR
Round 3 (x2): DL/OL/CB/WR
Round 4: QB/DL/OL/CB/WR
Round 1: CB or SS
Round 2: CB/SS and C
Round 3: LG, WR and OT
Round 4: CB
Round 5: WR
Round 6: K