Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft (no trades) -

1/30 - CB Kyle Fuller (B+)
2/56 - WR Marqise Lee (A)
2/61 - SS Deone Bucannon (A)
3/77 - RB Jeremy Hill (A-)
3/94 - C Travis Swanson (A)
3/100 (comp) - CB Louchiez Purifoy (A-)
4/129 - ILB Shayne Skov (A)
5/170 - K Anthony Fera (B)
7/242 - DE Jeoffrey Pagan (D+)
7/243 - DE Larry Webster (C-)
7/245 - DE Ethan Westbrooks (B+)

Thoughts, comments, questions???

Overall: 4247 score, grade: B+

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-03-2014 at 10:33 PM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:29 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good draft Dan. However, I still don't see a big need for a RB right now at least. Gore, Lattimore and Hunter are gonna tear it up next season. Lee is a good steal in the second. . Its fun how many different ways you can draft , trade up or down and get steels for guys the sim. I like it a lot. But to me their scores are off towards the bottom end of rounds I barely hit A's in the seventh rounds.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Good draft Dan. However, I still don't see a big need for a RB right now at least. Gore, Lattimore and Hunter are gonna tear it up next season. Lee is a good steal in the second. . Its fun how many different ways you can draft , trade up or down and get steels for guys the sim. I like it a lot. But to me their scores are off towards the bottom end of rounds I barely hit A's in the seventh rounds.
6 hours later, im still playing. LOL. Their scores are low in the seventh round and two of the three players were graded bad but those picks are usually just filler anyway. I got every player I wanted except for Joyner.

Like most of the draft picks, RB Jeremy Hill is for the future and while our RB core is good and deep, Gore is an UFA in 2015, Lattimore hasnt played in almost two years by the time the regular season starts, Hunter is an UFA in 2015 and James is rumored to be on the trading block.

I must admit that I actually love that draft. A starting CB in Fuller to play opposite Brock. Lee was a steal near the end of round two and doesnt have to be rushed in or have high expectations. Bucannon can play on special teams and learn behind Bethea and then take over in two years. Already explained Hill above. Swanson provides competition for Kilgore and depth if he cant win the starting center spot. Purifoy adds depth at CB and allows us to move on from Culliver and Wright. Skov is a steal in the fourth round and can compete with Wilhoite to start next to Willis while Bowman is out. Fera can be stashed on the practice squad for a year and then take over as Dawson appears to be a one year stopgap. Pagan and Westbrooks are just filler at DE while Webster would probably be better suited as a situational pass rusher at OLB.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Your score is: 4592 (Drafting Ability: B, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B)
Round 2 Pick 24: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (B)
Round 4 Pick 29: Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (B-)
Round 5 Pick 30: Anthony Fera, K, Texas (B)
Round 7 Pick 27: Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 28: Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 7 Pick 30: Jonathan Newsome, OLB, Ball State (A)

Look at my seventh round draft picks. All A's. I realized the scoring goes based on the team need and if you draft one of those three needs. Also, later rounds better to select quality players left or something like that. I know no WR but Lee was gone by 30 and I dont really have any interest in anyone else.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent shots at both drafts. Don't like every pick but it's personal opinion of players. But nailed many/all pieces that I would.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do another one considering the 49ers picks have changed but this was a Mock Draft Sim I did about 10-12 days ago...

1 (30) Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

2 (56) Terrence Brooks - S - Florida State

2 (61) Donte Moncrief - WR - Mississippi

3 (77) Allen Robinson - WR - Penn State

3 (94) Marcus Smith - OLB - Louisville

4 (125) Trai Turner - G - LSU

5 (158) Aaron Colvin - CB - Oklahoma

6 (189) Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon

7 (219) Kevin Pierre-Louis - ILB - Boston College

7 (220) Tom Savage - QB - Pittsburgh

7 (222) Dezmen Southward - S - Wisconsin
Old 04-04-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
Decent shots at both drafts. Don't like every pick but it's personal opinion of players. But nailed many/all pieces that I would.
Thanks. I prefer the first over the second one. Second one, both Fuller and Lee were gone by 30 so I had to make secondary choices. Tuitt was more based on excellent value and future than now. Pretty much the same otherwise. Only other exception is Gaines.

Quote:
I'll do another one considering the 49ers picks have changed but this was a Mock Draft Sim I did about 10-12 days ago...

1 (30) Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

2 (56) Terrence Brooks - S - Florida State

2 (61) Donte Moncrief - WR - Mississippi

3 (77) Allen Robinson - WR - Penn State

3 (94) Marcus Smith - OLB - Louisville

4 (125) Trai Turner - G - LSU

5 (158) Aaron Colvin - CB - Oklahoma

6 (189) Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon

7 (219) Kevin Pierre-Louis - ILB - Boston College

7 (220) Tom Savage - QB - Pittsburgh

7 (222) Dezmen Southward - S - Wisconsin
Playing the draft is a lot of fun too. I'm playing one team at a time to see how each mock goes as its all random.

Not a bad mock. Like you said though, its all personal opinion. I dont even look at TE, QB or OLB. RB was only because of the value and I think that Hill would fit in great with our power running scheme. And I see you love Moncrief. :P
Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Yeah. Moncrief is my favorite WR in this draft.

It was interesting to me that you didn't add a QB considering how little faith you have in Gabbert's ability to play at all.

Savage is one of the biggest sleepers in the draft, IMO.

And adding Lyerla is a gamble but if he can get his head in order... BIG IF, his talent is so far superior to Celek it's scary.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah. Moncrief is my favorite WR in this draft.

It was interesting to me that you didn't add a QB considering how little faith you have in Gabbert's ability to play at all.

Savage is one of the biggest sleepers in the draft, IMO.

And adding Lyerla is a gamble but if he can get his head in order... BIG IF, his talent is so far superior to Celek it's scary.
I'm going to have to watch some videos of Moncrief. For some odd reason, I love watching videos of the defensive backs as opposed to receivers despite the fact that I favor offense over defense. Its weird.

Oh, I think Gabbert SUCKS 100%. People think that Harbaugh is going to improve him and then trade him off. Dont see how since he'll be on the bench and if he's not on the bench, that means Kaepernick is injured which in that case, season would be close to over and done with. Even if Harbaugh does somehow someway improve Gabbert, he's a UFA in 2015 and in no way, shape or form would I extend or re-sign him.

Reason why I didnt draft a QB is for the same reason I wouldnt in reality - Gabbert is guaranteed his salary and isnt going anywhere. The 6th rounder is a moot point. It's his $2m+ salary thats the problem. I also dont see us keeping three QB's on the 53 player roster which means its either practice squad or we'll lose the guy via waivers. I figured, why even bother?

Not going to lie, still wish we would have kept Daniels but oh well. Would have liked to trade for Pryor though from OAK. Under $1m cap number for 2014 and he has skill and talent but he's raw and needs a lot of weapons around him. Still trying to figure out why OAK keeps going after veteran QB's? Palmer, Flynn and now Schaub.

As much as I get annoyed sometimes, I must admit that im happy im not a Raiders fan (or at least not since Rice was there). I just wish Baalke and Harbaugh would copy the Seahawks a little in regards to their secondary as to me, its our secondary thats the weak link.

Thats why half of our first six picks went to the secondary.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
LizardKing51
Rookie

LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My draft

Your score is: 4037 (Drafting Ability: C+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11 (NYG): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (B)
Round 3 Pick 14 (DAL): Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (CAR): Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30: Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Christian Kirksey, OLB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (HOU): Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (A)
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (TENN): Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia (B)
Round 4 Pick 13 (NYG): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A-)
Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CINN): Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 24 (K.C.): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (B)
Round 4 Pick 25 (S.D.): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (C)
Round 4 Pick 26 (N.O.): Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami (Fla.) (D)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CLE): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (B+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (CAR): Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU (C+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 11 (TENN): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 12 (NYG): Kirby Van Der Kamp, P, Iowa State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 23 (K.C.): Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame (C+)
Round 5 Pick 30: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (B)
Round 6 Pick 4 (CLE): Russell Bodine, OG, North Carolina (C-)
Round 6 Pick 19 (NYJ): Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon (C)
Round 7 Pick 8 (MINN): Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida (B+)
Round 7 Pick 19 (MIA): Cairo Santos, K, Tulane (B-)
Round 7 Pick 27: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (C-)
Round 7 Pick 28: Wesley Johnson, OT, Vanderbilt (C-)
Round 7 Pick 30: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

QB Aaron Murray
RB Charles Sims, De'Anthony Thomas
FB Jay Prosch
WR Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Brandon Coleman, Jared Abbrederis, Cody Latimore
TE Arthur Lynch, Colt Lyerla
OT Seantrel Henderson, Wesley Johnson
OG Anthony Steen, Chris Watt, Russell Bodine
C Travis Swanson, Gabe Ikard
DT Ego Ferguson, Anthony Johnson
DE Demarcus Lawrence, Chris Smith
OLB Christian Kirksey
ILB Shayne Skov, Lamin Barrow
CB Marcus Roberson, Antone Exum
S Deone Buchannon, Ahmad Dixon
K Cairo Santos
P Kirby Van Der Kamp

This seemed very realistic and attainable. ;) Some of the picks were done so that the program would stop telling me I needed to draft a FB, P, etc. so I would get better letter grades for the future picks. I could do better with a few more tries and experiments. This would be great if there was an NFL minor league system like in baseball.
LizardKing51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jeez.............32 overall draft picks???? And 21 in the first four rounds is nuts. I know its kind of easy to do with the site but I try not to. Makes is way too unrealistic in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that 1/3rd of those picks may only make the roster. LOL.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LizardKing51
Rookie

LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardKing51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default One more

Your score is: 4074 (Drafting Ability: C, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (HOU): Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (K.C.): Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (HOU): Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (A-)
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYJ): Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana (B+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (B)
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (B)
Round 4 Pick 9 (BUF): Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B)
Round 4 Pick 19 (DAL): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 4 Pick 24 (K.C.): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (B)
Round 4 Pick 29: Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame (C-)
Round 4 Pick 30 (N.E.): Marqueston Huff, FS, Wyoming (D)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn (A)
Round 5 Pick 23 (K.C.): Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (B)
Round 5 Pick 30: Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie St (B)
Round 5 Pick 31 (DEN): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (D-)
Round 6 Pick 13 (DET): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A)
Round 6 Pick 17 (K.C.): Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State (D)
Round 7 Pick 27: Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (C)
Round 7 Pick 28: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (D+)
Round 7 Pick 30: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

Trading down is just too lucrative to pass up. It is pretty fun. I might try a different team who has more roster holes to fill some time. It would also be fun to do it without trading any picks.
LizardKing51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I have done a bunch of other teams too. I wish the site would keep a record of all the drafts you do for each team thats associated with your username.

Trading down is too easy but gets boring because of it. Trading up is a pain in the ass though. Always have to give up 150-300 points in extra value which isnt worth it.

Personally, I care more about quality than quantity but trying to trade up with SF isnt easy to do but more importantly, isnt worth doing because there's almost always one of the two guys I want at 30 still available.

I have done a lot of other teams. Rams are a fun team. I traded 1/2 to CLE for 1/4, 1/26 and a 3rd. Then, traded 1/4 to OAK for 1/5 and a 2nd or 3rd. Forgot which. At 5, I drafted Watkins. Then, at 9, I traded up from 13 and included Rams 2016 first rounder and drafted Robinson. At 20, I traded up from 26 and included Rams 2015 first rounder for Pryor. I then drafted an OG, C, RB. Completely rebuilt the Rams in six picks. Texans are fun as are the Browns. Rams are the funnest though because of their two first rounders and if you can get the Browns two first rounders just for them to move up two spots, it becomes a steal.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did one as well, with one trade-back after I didn't like what was available value-wise with the 30th pick:

Your score is: 4785 (Drafting Ability: B, Player Quality A,)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 3 (CLE): Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 24: Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CLE): Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 30: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 30: Charles Leno, OT, Boise State (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 7 Pick 28: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (A-)
Round 7 Pick 30: Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm going to have to watch some videos of Moncrief. For some odd reason, I love watching videos of the defensive backs as opposed to receivers despite the fact that I favor offense over defense. Its weird.

Oh, I think Gabbert SUCKS 100%. People think that Harbaugh is going to improve him and then trade him off. Dont see how since he'll be on the bench and if he's not on the bench, that means Kaepernick is injured which in that case, season would be close to over and done with. Even if Harbaugh does somehow someway improve Gabbert, he's a UFA in 2015 and in no way, shape or form would I extend or re-sign him.
Here's some highlights of three of my crushes from that mock for ya, Dan...

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

All three guys look good. Savage reminds me of Roethlisberger. I think its his throwing motion but either way, seems pretty good. Moncrief definitely seems like he can catch almost anything. Lyerla catches well too and takes handoffs like a RB!!! but it said he left Oregon. Is he dependable or could he turn into another Glen Coffee?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
All three guys look good. Savage reminds me of Roethlisberger. I think its his throwing motion but either way, seems pretty good. Moncrief definitely seems like he can catch almost anything. Lyerla catches well too and takes handoffs like a RB!!! but it said he left Oregon. Is he dependable or could he turn into another Glen Coffee?
Colt Lyerla is a huge red flag. Reportedly loves the cocaine. He's a gamble but with so many selections he's worth the risk considering how much Harbaugh and Roman love to utilize the TE.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Colt Lyerla is a huge red flag. Reportedly loves the cocaine. He's a gamble but with so many selections he's worth the risk considering how much Harbaugh and Roman love to utilize the TE.
I agree but at the same time, do we really want a guy like that in the same locker room with Aldon? Now, I know that Aldon hasnt done drugs, just drinking but you know how that goes. These guys are so easily influenced that I wouldnt be surprised at all if something like that happened. I guess for a 7th rounder, I wouldnt care. Those guys are just fillers/camp bodies anyway.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte Moncrief actually has a huge problem with dropping balls. Maybe he can turn it around ala Torrey Smith

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Savage when UVA played Pitt. He's ok in my book. Does some nice things but wasn't too impressed. Don't really have any crushes as far as QBs but I really like Bryn Renner's potential as a pro.

And Moncreif defintely has problmes with drops but its nothing I think is alarming. Juilo Jones also had some concentration concerns at Bama, hasn't hurt him as a pro however.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And Moncreif defintely has problmes with drops but its nothing I think is alarming. Juilo Jones also had some concentration concerns at Bama, hasn't hurt him as a pro however.
Every concern that Menardo and YAY have mentioned is legit. I just armchair GM with the philosophy of coaching up the talent. And Moncrief is the type of WR clay I want to mold.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Every concern that Menardo and YAY have mentioned is legit. I just armchair GM with the philosophy of coaching up the talent. And Moncrief is the type of WR clay I want to mold.
Is Moncrief the number one WR that you're hoping for?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Is Moncrief the number one WR that you're hoping for?
I also like the versatility and ST value of Cooks and Beckham but yes.

So many great options, however.

Two biggest needs are so very deep this year. There's not alot to hate about any of the top 15 WRs.

I know your guy is Marquise Lee. My reason for not being big on him is stupid. But I can't shake it. Pedigree.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-06-2014 at 08:50 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I also like the versatility and ST value of Cooks and Beckham but yes.

So many great options, however.

Two biggest needs are so very deep this year. There's not alot to hate about any of the top 15 WRs.

I know your guy is Marquise Lee. My reason for not being big on him is stupid. But I can't shake it. Pedigree.
What's the reason you dont like Lee?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
What's the reason you dont like Lee?
His pedigree. I agree it's stupid, but I can't shake it.

Robert Woods 2013
Ronald Johnson 2011
David Ausberry 2011
Damian Williams 2010
Patrick Turner 2009
Steve Smith 2007
Dwayne Jarrett 2007
Mike Williams 2005
Keary Colbert 2004
Kareem Kelly 2003
R. Jay Soward 2000
Windrell Hayes 2000
Larry Parker 1999

WRs drafted from USC the last 15 years.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote