Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lee slips to the second round, I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him. Woods was solid for Buffalo as a rookie and I think Lee is better in just about every aspect. Lee could be the 2014 version of Kennan Allen. I guy many ppl begged to he the first WR off the board his last year in college, only to see him fall out of favor leading up to the draft, then bounce back and have tremendous rookie year. Lee has a lot of potential still. I think ppl maybe losing sight of just how good he looked when he was healthy.

My two wishes are Moncreif and ODB. I'd be happy with Allen Robinson also. Any of those guys and I would be happy as a peach. Any two of them, in any combination and I might just pass out.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
His pedigree. I agree it's stupid, but I can't shake it.

Robert Woods 2013
Ronald Johnson 2011
David Ausberry 2011
Damian Williams 2010
Patrick Turner 2009
Steve Smith 2007
Dwayne Jarrett 2007
Mike Williams 2005
Keary Colbert 2004
Kareem Kelly 2003
R. Jay Soward 2000
Windrell Hayes 2000
Larry Parker 1999

WRs drafted from USC the last 15 years.
Not really stupid. I sometimes feel the same way. I want Lee because I think he'll play faster on the field than on tape and with him declining last year due to injuries, I think that he has the chance to slip to the middle of the second round. There's not really a lot of hype around him. Its mostly everyone else at WR.

Correct me if im wrong but none of those receivers were drafted in the first round though or at least not from 2003 to now. Dont remember the bottom three.

To me, though its all about the offensive scheme, coaching staff and if the players are used to the best of their ability. For a second round draft pick, I wouldnt complain. Even at 30, I would be okay with Lee as long as Fuller is no longer on the board. Fuller is my main guy now that Pryor doesnt seem to be an option anymore.

Either way, im not expecting anything from any WR in 2014 because that rookie would be behind Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Davis and even McDonald in the receiving game so at best, the rookie would be our sixth option and that doesnt even include our RB's or Miller.

Just have to wait and see what happens. I keep playing the mock draft on that site. Its addictive as hell. LOL.

Wish there was a site that had an off-season mock where you start with the team's roster in February, make the salary cap cuts, re-sign who you want, sign the free agents you want and then do the draft. Basically, a fantasy off-season.

I'm always hoping that Tiburon puts something in like that in Madden but they never do, they just stay so vanilla and boring every year. I would love to be able to start a franchise with the option of five different starting points -

1) Regular season, week one.

Here, you would take your loaded roster into franchise mode, make the cuts to get down to 53 and just start playing.

2) Pre-season, week one.

Basically, what Madden currently is. Same idea as above but with cut downs after every game.

3) NFL Draft

I would exclude all the compensation draft picks and have them on their team's respective roster but "darkened" out so they cant be edited or anything until pre-season. All 224 draft picks would be available. Think of it as a fantasy draft but with your team's actual roster as of May 6th. All real actual players and things could change and would add so much depth and replayability to the game. In summary, whatever the 49ers roster looks like on May 6th, you would take that into the Draft.

4) Free Agency

Here, you start with whatever your team's roster was as of March 11th and go after whoever you want. Then, the draft and so forth.

5) Salary Cap casualties

Here, you would start with the roster from February ?? (whatever day was the start of allowing the franchise/transition tag) and make your own decisions in regards to who you let leave as free agents, who you re-sign and who you release. Personally, I would love to start a franchise here. Not only does it add so much depth and replayability but allows you to play the way YOU want to by making the decisions that YOU want to.

Sadly, the last three will never ever happen. Oh well.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
If Lee slips to the second round, I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him. Woods was solid for Buffalo as a rookie and I think Lee is better in just about every aspect. Lee could be the 2014 version of Kennan Allen. I guy many ppl begged to he the first WR off the board his last year in college, only to see him fall out of favor leading up to the draft, then bounce back and have tremendous rookie year. Lee has a lot of potential still. I think ppl maybe losing sight of just how good he looked when he was healthy.

My two wishes are Moncreif and ODB. I'd be happy with Allen Robinson also. Any of those guys and I would be happy as a peach. Any two of them, in any combination and I might just pass out.
I would be very surprised if we drafted TWO wide receivers in the first three rounds. Personally, im more concerned about the secondary. I want a starting CB (hopefully Fuller) opposite Brock, a slot corner like Lamarcus Joyner and a SS like Deone Bucannon to replace Bethea in one or two years.

If the 49ers can get those three guys and a WR in the first three rounds, I'll be a very happy camper. The compensation pick would just be icing on the cake.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Correct me if im wrong but none of those receivers were drafted in the first round though or at least not from 2003 to now. Dont remember the bottom three.
2 (41) Robert Woods 2013
6 (182) Ronald Johnson 2011
7 (241) David Ausberry 2011
3 (77) Damian Williams 2010
3 (87) Patrick Turner 2009
2 (45) Dwayne Jarrett 2007
2 (51) Steve Smith 2007
1 (10) Mike Williams 2005
2 (62) Keary Colbert 2004
6 (203) Kareem Kelly 2003
1 (29) R. Jay Soward 2000
5 (143) Windrell Hayes 2000
4 (108) Larry Parker 1999
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
2 (41) Robert Woods 2013
6 (182) Ronald Johnson 2011
7 (241) David Ausberry 2011
3 (77) Damian Williams 2010
3 (87) Patrick Turner 2009
2 (45) Dwayne Jarrett 2007
2 (51) Steve Smith 2007
1 (10) Mike Williams 2005
2 (62) Keary Colbert 2004
6 (203) Kareem Kelly 2003
1 (29) R. Jay Soward 2000
5 (143) Windrell Hayes 2000
4 (108) Larry Parker 1999
Okay, just two first rounder. Forgot all about Mike Williams and the Lions drafting three receivers in a row. LOL. 2/13 first rounders, 4/13 second rounders, 2/13 third rounders and 5/13 in the fourth round or later.

Percentage wise, thats not that bad at all. Looks worse than what it is. Woods is probably the best out of them all. Despite how bad that list looks, I wouldnt be turned off from Lee because of past receivers from USC.

At 30 and Fuller gone, I wouldnt mind Lee at all. Otherwise, second round even if I had to trade away a 3rd rounder to move up to get him, so be it.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, just two first rounder. Forgot all about Mike Williams and the Lions drafting three receivers in a row. LOL. 2/13 first rounders, 4/13 second rounders, 2/13 third rounders and 5/13 in the fourth round or later.

Percentage wise, thats not that bad at all. Looks worse than what it is. Woods is probably the best out of them all. Despite how bad that list looks, I wouldnt be turned off from Lee because of past receivers from USC.

At 30 and Fuller gone, I wouldnt mind Lee at all. Otherwise, second round even if I had to trade away a 3rd rounder to move up to get him, so be it.
I like Lee. But that's EXACTLY why I'm turned off from him. USC has become somewhat of what Florida was a decade ago as far as WR prospects. Harvin kind of changed it for Florida and he and Jeffery changed it for Spurrier.

Perhaps Woods/Lee changes it for USC but it causes my feeble brain to be hesitant. :D
Old 04-07-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I like Lee. But that's EXACTLY why I'm turned off from him. USC has become somewhat of what Florida was a decade ago as far as WR prospects. Harvin kind of changed it for Florida and he and Jeffery changed it for Spurrier.

Perhaps Woods/Lee changes it for USC but it causes my feeble brain to be hesitant. :D
I get it but none of those previous receivers are Lee nor do any of them have anything to do with Lee. I'm sure if you went through every college, you could find an argument like this one everyday.

Watching Lee has impressed me plus his stats and consistency doesnt hurt. He slipped in 2013 due to injuries but cant bash a player for that. Thats just bad luck. Compared to Evans, Benjamin, Cooks and Beckham, Lee interests me far more than any of them do. Even compared to Watkins, Lee has put up better numbers. Obviously, all remains to be seen but im hoping for Lee out of all the receivers that are projected to go in round one and while I dont see him making an impact in 2014, I do think that he'll be a very good number two opposite Crabtree in 2015 and later.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhhh remember this guy?

Dallas Baker The Touchdown Maker

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:

I'd be happy with Allen Robinson also.
He ran a mid-4.4 40 today with a 42" vertical
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Ahhhh remember this guy?

Dallas Baker The Touchdown Maker
Chad Jackson remembers him :D
Old 04-08-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

So Matt Barrows is reporting that newly signed CB Chris Cook said that the team will be using him in more press, single-high looks this season.

Defensive change for Fangio???

Thoughts?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope it doesn't back fire. I never watch cooks played really so I just hope it works out.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:03 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Matt Barrows is reporting that newly signed CB Chris Cook said that the team will be using him in more press, single-high looks this season.

Defensive change for Fangio???

Thoughts?
Well we run some single-high anyway. Not a ton, but we incoperate single-high looks into a normal gameplan. Are we going to be running more of it? I honestly don't believe so. Well maybe, some to elevate teams spreading us out in 3 WR sets and then running on us. But what Fangio has been doing has worked for the most part. But I beleive the addition of Bethea and his speed and range, even at his age, may allow us to do some single-high and use Reid as that extra guy in the box. Call it the Seattle effect but I think the rest of the league will be trying to emulate some of what Carroll does on the defense to a degree. But not every team has a Earl Thomas to make it all work. Bethea maybe in his prime could be similar but not at this point. But he's still capable of being a effective single-high safety
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Well we run some single-high anyway. Not a ton, but we incoperate single-high looks into a normal gameplan. Are we going to be running more of it? I honestly don't believe so. Well maybe, some to elevate teams spreading us out in 3 WR sets and then running on us. But what Fangio has been doing has worked for the most part. But I beleive the addition of Bethea and his speed and range, even at his age, may allow us to do some single-high and use Reid as that extra guy in the box. Call it the Seattle effect but I think the rest of the league will be trying to emulate some of what Carroll does on the defense to a degree. But not every team has a Earl Thomas to make it all work. Bethea maybe in his prime could be similar but not at this point. But he's still capable of being a effective single-high safety
I was really hoping for Pryor so that we could copy the Seahawks secondary. After all, if you're going to copy something, copy the best and their secondary is the best in the league.

Really hoping we play more man coverage and be more aggressive with that man coverage. That zone crap really needs to go.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I'm in the team forum mock that starts tomorrow at 12 EST. Wish me luck guys. :D
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

mock draft - after trades of gabbert/martin

1. First round: own - No. 30 - brandon cooks - wr
2. Second round: Chiefs (Alex Smith trade) - No. 24 (No. 56 overall) - jason verett -cb
3. Second round: own - No. 29 (No. 61 overall) - dominic easley - dr
4. Third round: Titans (2013 draft trade) - No. 13 (No. 77 overall) - peirre desir - cb
5. Third round: own - No. 30 (No. 94 overall) - yawinn smallwood ilb
6. Third round: Comp for Dashon Goldson FA departure - No. 36 (No. 100 overall) - terrence brooks - s
7. Fourth round: own - No. 29 (No. 129 overall) -josh huff - wr
8. Fifth round: own - No. 30 (No. 170 overall) - aaron murray - qb

i left the 3 7th round picks alone as realistically i don't feel like sf has that many needs but assuming...more secondary help and some o-lineman could get a look in the late rounds
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

UGH. At this point, why not just bring back T.O.??? He cant be any worse than Lloyd at this point in their respective careers. UGH.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/449/brandon-lloyd
Old 04-10-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UGH. At this point, why not just bring back T.O.??? He cant be any worse than Lloyd at this point in their respective careers. UGH.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/449/brandon-lloyd
You wish! Haha

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
You wish! Haha
In 2011 after we released Braylon Edwards, hell yeah for our playoff run. Owens had a good 2010 season and let's be honest, there's no way in hell he would have done any worse than who we had at WR in 2011. Seriously, Owens > Crabtree > Williams > whoever the hell else we had at WR.

Now, I dont want either of them and this day just gets better and better -

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...lin-kaepernick

$18m+ a year, yeah right. Doesnt matter if this turns out to be true or false, whats wrong with these ******* people??? No common sense, no brains whatsoever. Always putting themselves in bad situations. UGH.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This should put a dent in those Kaepernick negotiations.

Quote:

The Miami Police Department confirmed Thursday that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seattle Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette were named as persons involved in an incident report filed April 4, 2014.

"As of right now, we have an investigation," public information officer Kenia Reyes told NFL Media.

Reyes classified the investigation as in "the early stages." No charges have been filed.

The 49ers subsequently released a statement.

"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ncident-report

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont care what anyone else says, real or not, proven or not, 49ers pay Kaepernick, they're going to regret it. Say what you want about Alex Smith but at least his head is on right. Kaepernick, not so much. UGH.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Dan's Words!!!!!!!!!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Believe it or not, paying Kaepernick is going to backfire. He doesnt get it. He's too damn immature now so imagine how he'll act and be once he gets $18m+ a year. What's even worse is that we'll be the team that gets stuck with his contract.

49ers need to let him play out his contract and see how he does in 2014. In no way, shape or form should the 49ers extend him now. Doing so is only going to screw over the team in the long run. Let Kaepernick earn his contract. To me, he hasnt earned a damn thing and if anything, with each passing day that he says or does something stupid, his value decreases in my eyes.

And to think, I was on the Kaepernick bandwagon back when he took over for Smith. Man, I was way off.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The longer you wait to extend him, the more expensive he is going to get. If you have the slightest feeling that he is your franchise guy, get it done now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010
The longer you wait to extend him, the more expensive he is going to get. If you have the slightest feeling that he is your franchise guy, get it done now.
I thought he WAS the franchise guy. Right now, not so much. Sorry. I bought into the hype and he's exactly that. All style and no substance. For me personally, I let him play out 2014. Worse case scenario, I franchise and trade him for two first round draft picks. People here will call me nuts but im sorry, im completely turned off to him and dont think that he's worth anywhere near $18m+ a season.

Personally, if the Browns were to give me their two first rounders, their second rounder, their two thirds and WR Josh Gordon, I would trade Kaepernick (and Crabtree) to them in a heartbeat. Of course, thats just me.