Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-08-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me you forgot to post this - "/sarcasm"

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Brent that's about right.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It's not very realistic when their only argument is, "Oh I just don't think he is a franchise QB you guys need one."
I hear you buddy.

I just wonder every now and again if we're so hot on Hill because we want him to succeed, not because he has a real chance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Shaun Hill wasnt even drafted, it's impossible for him to succeed! Mark Sanchez on the other hand started less than 18 games at USC, so obviously he's got a better chance to succeed.
Yeah, he'll suck, same as that Garcia bloke.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I hear you buddy.

I just wonder every now and again if we're so hot on Hill because we want him to succeed, not because he has a real chance...
Well you can say that and look at the facts and see that he has succeeded with the chances he has gotten so far.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, he'll suck, same as that Garcia bloke.
I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher/Andre Smith in the first and an OLB pass rusher in the 2nd makes the most sense right now. But if Raji falls to 10 we MUST take him. I don't want to continue to play a 3-4 without a good NT. BTW, did you guys see that Nolan is running the 3-4 in Denver and his NT is going to be

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At the same time people looking from the outside-in can be more objective. I don't agree with them on the Sanchez thing, but there's a chance that they're looking at the situation more realistically than we are...
I think it really breaks down to the fact that "outsiders" don't think very highly of Shaun Hill or Alex Smith. Whereas, I feel that many, if not most diehard 49er fans believe in one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
With out first 3 picks in the group mock we are doing I went

Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

LOVE Oher and Jennings. As for Brace, I am VERY confident that based on his height, would be listed on McCloughan's board as a 3-4 DE. Manusky runs a more penetrating style of front-3 than Nolan did and Brace is more highly regarded as a stout, "hold-the gap" sort of player.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GMoney
Rookie

GMoney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I think it really breaks down to the fact that "outsiders" don't think very highly of Shaun Hill or Alex Smith. Whereas, I feel that many, if not most diehard 49er fans believe in one or the other.
I bet there are Chicago Bears fans who believe Kyle Orton is the answer and Jets fans that believe Kellen Clemmens is the answer.

I think all of those fans are incorrect.

Just like I think the vast majority of you are incorrect. Which is why I am one of the very few niners fans (who posts on message boards occasionally) who supports the niners taking Sanchez. I like to think there are many other niners fans out there that dont frequent the internet as much that are of the same mind as myself.

I have given up trying to convince you guys otherwise.
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
Just like I think the vast majority of you are incorrect. Which is why I am one of the very few niners fans (who posts on message boards occasionally) who supports the niners taking Sanchez. I like to think there are many other niners fans out there that dont frequent the internet as much that are of the same mind as myself.

I have given up trying to convince you guys otherwise.
I don't like Sanchez because don't think he'll succeed in the NFL. Now, if it were Matt Stafford sitting there at 10, I'd be screaming if we didn't take him.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just admiring Shaun Hill on your depth chart and noticed something...

Your RBs behind Gore are Michael Robinson and Thomas Clayton.

I also think someone has stated this offseason (was it MS?) that Gore will be getting less of the workload this year.

Every time I mock the 49ers it's pretty simple- OLB, RT, NT, FS...

But I really think you'll end up going RB earlier than we all think. Thoughts?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I also think someone has stated this offseason (was it MS?) that Gore will be getting less of the workload this year.

McCloughan could surprise everyone and grab a RB early, but I really think he'll probably target a Shonn Greene or Rashad Jennings in the 3rd. Probably the earliest they consider RB.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not very realistic when their only argument is, "Oh I just don't think he is a franchise QB you guys need one."
Well, what else should people have to think when it comes to the QB position in the NFL? You either: A. Believe that the guy can be it or B. Dont believe that he can be it.

I dont think very many NFL teams go into each year thinking to themselves "well, I think this can be a servicable starting QB for us and hopefully we'll be fine". I would think that most NFL teams would rather go into the year saying "we've got our guy at the QB position, this shouldnt even been thought of by anyone as being a concern, no worries here".

Think about how many teams that there are in the NFL that can go into next year saying that they dont really have any concerns about who their starting QB should be and is going to be. It turns out to be a lot higher of a percentage than the teams that are going into next year worried about their starting QB position.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Shaun Hill wasnt even drafted, it's impossible for him to succeed!
Not impossible, but in the history of QBs in the NFL that does make it a little less likely, right? Just a little?

I'll admit that what I've seen from Shaun Hill so far is WAY more than what I'd imagined he'd ever do for us when he joined the team. Maybe he can continue to prove me wrong. For the sake of the 49ers, I hope so.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

[quote=phlysac;1536832]I think it really breaks down to the fact that "outsiders" don't think very highly of Shaun Hill or Alex Smith. Whereas, I feel that many, if not most diehard 49er fans believe in one or the other.

I dont think very highly of Shaun Hill and I dont tend to think at all about that Smith guy anymore. I would consider myself a diehard 49ers fan. Since 1986. Never rooted for anyone else. Never will.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Now, if it were Matt Stafford sitting there at 10, I'd be screaming if we didn't take him.
I can agree with you on this. I would rather have Sanchez than what we have right now, but I could understand if we end up passing on him. When it comes to Stafford, I could not.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Not impossible, but in the history of QBs in the NFL that does make it a little less likely, right? Just a little?
Well, I was being sarcastic. I just like to be obnoxious about all the anti-Shaun Hill stuff on this forum. I hope he does well and I'd be okay with drafting a QB at 10 but I just don't have confidence in Mark Sanchez. I kind of liked Bradford but he went back to school. I am a big fan of Stafford but it's impossible to imagine him falling to 10 unless he did something like test positive for marijuana or beat up an elderly lady... c'mon Matt, you know you want to smoke out and beat up your grandmother!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I think a RB in rounds 2-4 is likely. They let Foster walk and want to get a big back type guy like Rashad Jennings, Shonn Greene or Andre Brown.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
I am a big fan of Stafford but it's impossible to imagine him falling to 10 unless he did something like test positive for marijuana or beat up an elderly lady... c'mon Matt, you know you want to smoke out and beat up your grandmother!
lol

Maybe we could meet up, find Matt Stafford, and help to say, umm... "create" a situation like this?

We could ask for an autograph and when he asks us to give him a pen - we pull a fast one and hand him a lit joint and then snap a quick photo of him with it and a stunned face.

We could do this every year to have players fall to where the 49ers are picking. Seems like a good tactic to me.

Now, we would just need someone to go and convince coach Singletary to get on board... Good luck with that. :)
Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Now, we would just need someone to go and convince coach Singletary to get on board... Good luck with that. :)
Throw a giant necklace with a cross on it around his neck?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:

You can stop mocking us with Shaun Hill anytime now. You don't see us going into your forum and talking about what jokes some of your players are, and you don't see us spouting off sarcastic remarks about Seattle players so just drop it.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, what else should people have to think when it comes to the QB position in the NFL? You either: A. Believe that the guy can be it or B. Dont believe that he can be it.

I dont think very many NFL teams go into each year thinking to themselves "well, I think this can be a servicable starting QB for us and hopefully we'll be fine". I would think that most NFL teams would rather go into the year saying "we've got our guy at the QB position, this shouldnt even been thought of by anyone as being a concern, no worries here".

Think about how many teams that there are in the NFL that can go into next year saying that they dont really have any concerns about who their starting QB should be and is going to be. It turns out to be a lot higher of a percentage than the teams that are going into next year worried about their starting QB position.
Or you can do something logical and look at facts and make your judgement from that standpoint.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Here is something I just thought of regarding our QB situation. Whatever we decide to do during the draft or going into the season when it comes to who will be QB'ing the 49ers... we will be taking a CHANCE.

If we decide to draft a QB in the 1st round, we are taking a chance that he will the future of our team.

But...

If we decide to not draft a QB in the draft, we are taking a chance that Shaun Hill (or Alex Smith) will be able to become our QB of the present and future.

As of this time, none of us can say which scenario will play out and which will be the correct decision. The only observation that we can really make at this point is that if a QB is selected #10 overall we will have a good amount of money tied up in him over the next few years. Thats it.

Look at last year, for example. I'm sure that there were many Falcon fans that wanted the team to draft Matt Ryan, but I'm also sure that there were just as many fans that didnt want the team to take a chance on a rookie QB. A lot of fans probably said, "start by building the team up around the QB position, then lets get our guy" (I see talk of this a lot on this website by different users. You can see quite a bit of it with the Detroit Lions fans right now actually.)

Well, we all know what happend last year with the Falcons and Matt Ryan. I know that this scenario doesnt happen very often, but it did happen. The Falcons took a chance with Matt Ryan and it paid off. I'm sure all of those Falcons fans that were against them selecting Ryan are singing his praises right now.

I cant say what exactly the 49ers should do. Only time will tell. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill has a great season I will admit that I was wrong about him, thank the team for NOT drafting a QB, and start singing praises to the great Shaun Hill. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill stinks it up next year, I will be very disappointed and be back here making a case again for the 49ers to draft a QB.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Or you can do something logical and look at facts and make your judgement from that standpoint.
This is a very touchy subject for you Menardo75. I understand that. But you should realize that just as fast as you are about putting down and shutting people out who mention we draft a QB, that others may be just as fast in not agreeing with you.

I try and discuss my feelings regarding the 49ers and our QB'ing situation. You cant really say I'm wrong if I feel that Hill is not the answer. I cant really say that you are wrong by saying that Hill is the answer. I can discuss it though and I will. So will others. Get used to it.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Here is something I just thought of regarding our QB situation. Whatever we decide to do during the draft or going into the season when it comes to who will be QB'ing the 49ers... we will be taking a CHANCE.

If we decide to draft a QB in the 1st round, we are taking a chance that he will the future of our team.

But...

If we decide to not draft a QB in the draft, we are taking a chance that Shaun Hill (or Alex Smith) will be able to become our QB of the present and future.

As of this time, none of us can say which scenario will play out and which will be the correct decision. The only observation that we can really make at this point is that if a QB is selected #10 overall we will have a good amount of money tied up in him over the next few years. Thats it.

Look at last year, for example. I'm sure that there were many Falcon fans that wanted the team to draft Matt Ryan, but I'm also sure that there were just as many fans that didnt want the team to take a chance on a rookie QB. A lot of fans probably said, "start by building the team up around the QB position, then lets get our guy" (I see talk of this a lot on this website by different users. You can see quite a bit of it with the Detroit Lions fans right now actually.)

Well, we all know what happend last year with the Falcons and Matt Ryan. I know that this scenario doesnt happen very often, but it did happen. The Falcons took a chance with Matt Ryan and it paid off. I'm sure all of those Falcons fans that were against them selecting Ryan are singing his praises right now.

I cant say what exactly the 49ers should do. Only time will tell. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill has a great season I will admit that I was wrong about him, thank the team for NOT drafting a QB, and start singing praises to the great Shaun Hill. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill stinks it up next year, I will be very disappointed and be back here making a case again for the 49ers to draft a QB.
If the last paragraph happens we will be right there with you. Until then though all Shaun has done is win, and I think he deserves a shot.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
This is a very touchy subject for you Menardo75. I understand that. But you should realize that just as fast as you are about putting down and shutting people out who mention we draft a QB, that others may be just as fast in not agreeing with you.

I try and discuss my feelings regarding the 49ers and our QB'ing situation. You cant really say I'm wrong if I feel that Hill is not the answer. I cant really say that you are wrong by saying that Hill is the answer. I can discuss it though and I will. So will others. Get used to it.
I'm sick of hearing I don't think he is. If you really want to debate it with me present some facts and debate it. If you don't think he is the guy fine i'm good with that. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If you are going to actually debate it with me then make sure your facts are ready.