Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who dont know, the first day consists of rounds one and two. Rounds three, four, five, six and seven all take place on day two.

Which basically means that if not at 10, we'll be drafting an OT at 43 for those who say that we may draft an OT on the first day.

Also, the Draft doesnt start until 4pm EST which sucks because the hours beforehand drag. I like it better when it started at 12pm even if that means getting up early after working the night before. Lucky for me, I'll be off on the 25th and 26th. Yay!!! LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
For those who dont know, the first day consists of rounds one and two. Rounds three, four, five, six and seven all take place on day two.
We're all well aware but 1-3 will always be referred to as "first day" by most of the people who post here.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
We're all well aware but 1-3 will always be referred to as "first day" by most of the people who post here.
I know and I agree but im tired of being corrected in other forums and refer to the first day as what it is now - rounds one and two.

Either way, with the signing of RT Marvel Smith, im now hoping for CB Malcolm Jenkins at 10. There's too many questions in regards to who the starting CB opposite Clements will be so mine as well solve the problem plus have the replacement for Clements already in place when the time comes.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Either way, with the signing of RT Marvel Smith, im now hoping for CB Malcolm Jenkins at 10. There's too many questions in regards to who the starting CB opposite Clements will be so mine as well solve the problem plus have the replacement for Clements already in place when the time comes.
I like Malcolm, but he wont be the replacement for Clements if he cant play CB in the NFL, some people think he will end up being a FS. Hopefully Goldson or Smith can lock down the FS position. I think the 49ers would have to believe that Jenkins can be a CB in the NFL to draft him at #10.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
LMFAO. I agree 1000%. What a great day. :)

Literally.
what f'n pos
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

not u dan referring to jennings
Old 03-28-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

since marvel smith was signed. this is my new mock:

1. malcolm jenkins - clements on one side / jenkins on other. w.harris is getting older and s.spencer is coming off a acl injury. brown in best suited off the bench right now.
2. ron brace - sopo / franklin i'm not sold on. sopo @ times did look lost at times last season & franklin is a fa after this year.
3. gerald cadogan - w/the smith signing this pick should be used on a young tackle to groom for the future to play on the right side.
4. jasper brinkley - ilb
5. james davis - rb
5. marko mitchell - wr
6. brian hoyer - qb
7. rob myers - te/h back
7. corey smith - olb
Old 03-28-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
We will still add a tackle on the first day it just may not be in the first round anymore it just depends on who falls.
Direct quote from your post before:

"I really think we are planning on starting Marvel next year which I am fine with.
I also think we signed him just in case one of the top teir OT's doesn't fall to us. Now we can grab a guy in the third or fourth round to groom behind him, and we won't have to reach for one."

Kinda flip flopping around...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
Direct quote from your post before:

"I really think we are planning on starting Marvel next year which I am fine with.
I also think we signed him just in case one of the top teir OT's doesn't fall to us. Now we can grab a guy in the third or fourth round to groom behind him, and we won't have to reach for one."

Kinda flip flopping around...
How is that flopping around I didn't contradict myself at all. The point was that Marvel is insurance in-case one of the top guys doesn't fall to us, and we can get a guy later on.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
How is that flopping around I didn't contradict myself at all. The point was that Marvel is insurance in-case one of the top guys doesn't fall to us, and we can get a guy later on.
Meaning Smith gives us the option to not take an OT on the first day.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

I'm starting to think there is a decent chance that Raji and/or Crabtree fall.

The first 7 picks have a really good chance on rounding out like:
1. Stafford
2. Jason Smith
3. Curry
4. Monroe
5. Orakpo
6. Smith
7. Maclin
8. Jaguars
9. Packers

As of now I would have Crabtree and Raji slotted to go 8 and 9. But I could see the Jaguars going with Sanchez or Raji at that spot, most likely leaving Crabtree at ten.

The Packers should go for a passrusher, and I could see them going for Brown or Maybin over Raji.

Do we take Crabtree of Raji if they are there? Or is everyone still on the OT/OLB bandwagons?

Based on possible players available, my rankings:

1. Michael Crabtree
2. B.J Raji
3. Malcolm Jenkins
4. Andre Smith
5. Everett Brown
6. Aaron Maybin
7. Michael Oher
8. Mark Sanchez
9. Chris Wells
10 Josh Freeman
Old 03-29-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm starting to think there is a decent chance that Raji and/or Crabtree fall.

The first 7 picks have a really good chance on rounding out like:
1. Stafford
2. Jason Smith
3. Curry
4. Monroe
5. Orakpo
6. Smith
7. Maclin
8. Jaguars
9. Packers

As of now I would have Crabtree and Raji slotted to go 8 and 9. But I could see the Jaguars going with Sanchez or Raji at that spot, most likely leaving Crabtree at ten.

The Packers should go for a passrusher, and I could see them going for Brown or Maybin over Raji.

Do we take Crabtree of Raji if they are there? Or is everyone still on the OT/OLB bandwagons?

Based on possible players available, my rankings:

1. Michael Crabtree
2. B.J Raji
3. Malcolm Jenkins
4. Andre Smith
5. Everett Brown
6. Aaron Maybin
7. Michael Oher
8. Mark Sanchez
9. Chris Wells
10 Josh Freeman
Yes, if Raji is there, he's gotta be the choice. At least, that's how I see it. Not sure how the team feels about him though. I'd have it:

1. Raji
2. Brown
3. Crabtree
4. Jenkins/Oher (not sure which of those guys I'd prefer yet)

And you had Andre Smith 4th on your list, but you had Cincinnati taking him at No. 6 as well.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yes, if Raji is there, he's gotta be the choice. At least, that's how I see it. Not sure how the team feels about him though. I'd have it:

1. Raji
2. Brown
3. Crabtree
4. Jenkins/Oher (not sure which of those guys I'd prefer yet)

And you had Andre Smith 4th on your list, but you had Cincinnati taking him at No. 6 as well.
Yeah I htink he could fall as well, and if he does its mainly cause the Bengals take Raji, in my little scenario.

The list was all the possible people who could be there. So I added him.

I think Crabtree though. I think he is a better prospect and a higher need than Raji.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Crabtree though
If the top 4 OTs and Raji were gone with Crabs was on the board, I would be happy if they took Crabtree.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If the top 4 OTs and Raji were gone with Crabs was on the board, I would be happy if they took Crabtree.
What if Brown is still on the board? You would take Crabtree over Brown???
Old 03-29-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if Brown is still on the board? You would take Crabtree over Brown???
If Crabs fell to us and we didn't take him I would be really upset to tell you the truth.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why Raji over Crabtree? It's close but I def have the WR over the NT at ten.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

the thinga about that though is mc/sing from the sounds of things are going to play the draft conservative. talk and rant about whatever but last years class and non movement put me to sleep. this year i'm sure these guys are going to after b.p.a. they have to.
oher @ 10 could be a ok move but crabtree may not be there & even if he was i'm sure they would pass on him. who was the last wr sf took in the 1-3 rds? brandon williams? rashaun woods? they will pass, i say this because they want to run the ball and play physical w/ a f.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be just as happy with Brown or Crabtree in that situation. Flip a coin.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Alright to change the subject a little bit lets throw same names out of some late round prospects that could really help us.

These are some guys that I have my eye on

Stryker Sulak DE/OLB Missouri
Khalif Mitchell DE ECU
Ian Johnson RB Boise State
Chris Owens CB San Jose State
Alex Boone OT Ohio State
Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina
Jason Boltus QB Hartwick
Mike Thomas WR Arizona
Brandon Gibson WR Washington State
Richard Quinn TE North Carolina
Anthony Hill TE NC State
Brooks Foster WR North Carolina

Last edited by Menardo75 : 03-29-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

A couple more

Gatrell Johnson Colorado State
Quinn Johnson FB LSU
Dicky Lyons WR Kentucky
Sean Sester OT Purdue
Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska
Kirston Pittmen DE/OLB LSU
Kenny Mainor DE/OLB Troy
Frantz Joseph ILB FAU
Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potential Second Day Prospects that I really like and fit the McSing "mold"...
Those in bold are the players I'm rooting for the 49ers draft.

QB - Stephen McGee - Texas A&M
RB - Shonn Greene - Iowa
RB - Andre Brown - North Carolina State
RB - Rashad Jennings - Liberty
RB - Gartrell Johnson - Colorado State
FB - Quinn Johnson - LSU
FB - Tony Fiammetta - Syracuse
FB - Marcus Mailei - Weber State
WR - Brandon Gibson - Washington State
WR - Kevin Ogletree - Virginia
WR - Eron Riley - Duke
TE - Richard Quinn - North Carolina
TE - Dan Gronkowski - Maryland
OL - TJ Lang - Eastern Michigan
OL - Cornelius Lewis - Tennessee State
OL - Travis Bright - BYU
OL - Robby Felix - UTEP

NT - Chris Baker - Hampton
NT - Myron Pryor - Kentucky
NT - Terrance Knighton - Temple
DE - Will Johnson - Michigan
DE - Clinton McDonald - Memphis
DE - Pannel Egboh - Stanford
DE - Rulon Davis - California
OLB - Lawrence Sidbury - Richmond
OLB - Brandon Williams - Texas Tech
OLB - Will Davis - Illinois
OLB - Philip Hunt - Houston
OLB - Jamaal Westerman - Rutgers
ILB - Jasper Brinkley - South Carolina
ILB - Frantz Joseph - Florida Atlantic
ILB - Scott McKilliop - Pittsburgh
ILB - Jason Phillips - TCU
ILB - Worrell Williams - California
CB - Mark Parson - Ohio
CB - Mike Mickens - Cincinnati
CB - Greg Toler - St. Paul's
CB - Donald Washington - Ohio State
SS - Courtney Greene - Rutgers
SS - Stephen Hodge - TCU
SS - Otis Wiley - Michigan State
FS - Troy Nolan - Arizona State
FS - DeAngelo Willingham - Tennessee
FS - DJ Clark - Idaho State
Old 03-30-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
QB - Stephen McGee - Texas A&M
WANT.

Seriously, my homerism would be unleashed if we drafted him. Also, from the blogs, this is the list of players they know of that have visits scheduled:

BJ Raji
Andre Brown
Gregory Toler
Larry English
Brandon Gibson

Michael Oher visited on Friday, according to Maiocco. Can't say I disagree with those brought in thus far.

Last edited by Brent : 03-30-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I really hope we grab Quinn on the second day. Also I think Parson is going to be a very solid corner in the NFL.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WANT.

Seriously, my homerism would be unleashed if we drafted him.
I don't think most 49ers fans want to know why I like him the best as a late round QB prospect.

Quote:
I really hope we grab Quinn on the second day. Also I think Parson is going to be a very solid corner in the NFL.
Richard Quinn is the personification of the big-bodied, big-time blocking TE the team wants.

Mark Parson is the best CB in the draft aside from those consistently mentioned as potential 1st rounders IMO.

Also... Michael Oher visted 49er Headquarters on Saturday.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-30-2009 at 01:14 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote