Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I also agree that Raji should be the pick but I've left him out of my equation because I don't feel he'll drop.
Don't Stop ... Believin

/Journey
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I rather have Oher over Smith.
Andre Smith at his best is probably one of the best players in this draft.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
San Francisco at Dallas
I might go to that since it's the third one and starters play the longest during that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I might go to that since it's the third one and starters play the longest during that.
Do it man be a team player.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Preseason Schedule:

Full Schedule
Nolan is going to blitz the **** out of Alex. It is going to be like the preseason game last year where he went after Aaron Rodgers.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the trade down option myselft if there's any suitors.

If they can't seek a trade partner then I would like one of these players:

1. Everette Brown
2. Andre Smith
3. Michael Oher
4. Knowshown Moreno
5. Aaron Maybin
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. william beatty - ot
3. jaspar brinkley - ilb
4. james davis - rb
5. kyle moore - de
5. stephen mcgee - qb
6. jared bronson - te
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. isaiah williams - wr
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
I like the trade down option myselft if there's any suitors.

If they can't seek a trade partner then I would like one of these players:

1. Everette Brown
2. Andre Smith
3. Michael Oher
4. Knowshown Moreno
5. Aaron Maybin
Moreno? He won't be very effective in our offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. william beatty - ot
3. jaspar brinkley - ilb
4. james davis - rb
5. kyle moore - de
5. stephen mcgee - qb
6. jared bronson - te
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. isaiah williams - wr
Beatty isn't a good fit for our offense or ar RT. The rest doesn't look too bad though.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tired a mock where I try to be somewhat different with the non-first round picks:

1) Michael Oher - OT - Ole Miss
2) Andre Brown - RB - NC State
3) Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. - OLB - Richmond
4) Keenan Lewis - CB - Oregon State
5) Adrian Grady - NT - Lousivlle
5) Antonio Appleby - ILB - Virginia
6) Tom Brandstater - QB - Fresno State
7) Dudley Guice - WR - Northwestern State
7) Steve Rehring - OG - Ohio State

The approach I took on this was big body guys, since that seems to be the way Scot McCloughan likes 'em.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The approach I took on this was big body guys, since that seems to be the way Scot McCloughan likes 'em.
I always roll my eyes when I hear him talk about that. He's drafted undersized guys his whole career. Many of them with the 49ers.

Ronald Fields - undersized 3-4 NT
Rasheed Marshall - undersized WR
Patrick Estes - undersized OT
Manny Lawson - undersized 3-4 OLB
Brandon Williams - undersized WR
Michael Robinson - undersized RB/FB (at the time)
Parys Haralson - undersized 3-4 OLB
Delanie Walker - undersized TE
Melvin Oliver - undersized 3-4 DE
Cody Wallace - undersized C
Larry Grant - undersized 3-4 ILB

He says it all the time yet nearly 1/3 (11 of 35) picks since he has been with the 49ers are "undersized" players for their position.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Andre Smith at his best is probably one of the best players in this draft.
Smith has a higher ceiling, but a lower floor.
He has bust written all over him and work ethic is very underrated in the draft. It just so happens that Oher is the next best thing.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Quote:
Moreno? He won't be very effective in our offense.

Beatty isn't a good fit for our offense or ar RT. The rest doesn't look too bad though.
So Moreno wouldn't be a good fit in the 49ers offense but James Davis would, I don't get it.

Here's my mock draft

49ERS 2009 MOCK DRAFT AND DEPTH CHART
(Trade down and acquire an additional 2nd rounder)

1st round: Knowshown Moreno, RB, Georgia
IMO the best RB in the draft who can come in and give Gore a breather without the offense skipping a beat.

2nd round: Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati
Lawson will be used more as a pass rusher but Barwin brings a 3rd dimension to our pass rush to go along with Haralson and Lawson.

2nd round: Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.
Can sit the bench and learn behind Marvel Smith and can possibibly be the starter at RT in two years.

3rd round: Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Not the fastest guy but he adds depth, playmaking ability, and can also return kicks/punts. Could be a great nickelback by next season

4th round: Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina
Huge athletic inside LB; Will be the future at TED after Spikes hangs it up

5th round: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman
Adds depth to the NT position; Bit of a project but has better technique than Sopoaga when he was drafted

5th round: Manuel Johnson, WR, Oklahoma
Small quick WR who can work in the slot and also stretch the field

6th round: Brian Hoyer, QB, Michigan St.
Promising QB with upside who's played in a Pro-Style Offense

7th round: Cedric Dockery, OG, Texas
Big strong guard brings good brings run blocking but needs work on technique.

7th round: Best Player Available
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Nolan is going to blitz the **** out of Alex. It is going to be like the preseason game last year where he went after Aaron Rodgers.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0...-for-Rams.html

So, now that Billy B is with the Rams, are you going to want a name change? If so, say the word and I think I can help you out since you have a good reason haha.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
So Moreno wouldn't be a good fit in the 49ers offense but James Davis would, I don't get it.

Here's my mock draft

49ERS 2009 MOCK DRAFT AND DEPTH CHART
(Trade down and acquire an additional 2nd rounder)

1st round: Knowshown Moreno, RB, Georgia
IMO the best RB in the draft who can come in and give Gore a breather without the offense skipping a beat.

2nd round: Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati
Lawson will be used more as a pass rusher but Barwin brings a 3rd dimension to our pass rush to go along with Haralson and Lawson.

2nd round: Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.
Can sit the bench and learn behind Marvel Smith and can possibibly be the starter at RT in two years.

3rd round: Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Not the fastest guy but he adds depth, playmaking ability, and can also return kicks/punts. Could be a great nickelback by next season

4th round: Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina
Huge athletic inside LB; Will be the future at TED after Spikes hangs it up

5th round: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman
Adds depth to the NT position; Bit of a project but has better technique than Sopoaga when he was drafted

5th round: Manuel Johnson, WR, Oklahoma
Small quick WR who can work in the slot and also stretch the field

6th round: Brian Hoyer, QB, Michigan St.
Promising QB with upside who's played in a Pro-Style Offense

7th round: Cedric Dockery, OG, Texas
Big strong guard brings good brings run blocking but needs work on technique.

7th round: Best Player Available
Rb in the first is a dumb pick no matter who it is.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Quote:
Rb in the first is a dumb pick no matter who it is.
I know that's your opinion and I respect it but Tennesse and Carolina aren't looking to dumb.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee only had LenDale White (not exactly Frank Gore) and the Panthers traded back up to get a 2nd first round pick because of need (Jeff Otah).

Last edited by phlysac : 04-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I know that's your opinion and I respect it but Tennesse and Carolina aren't looking to dumb.
Williams haden't broken out until this year. and Tennesse didn't have a break away threat.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are apparently expected to make a serious push for Cutler.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I smile thinking (dreaming) about it, but I dont think we will be able to put together the best package out of all the teams that are interested in him.

One + is that we are in the NFC, but so are Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay...

I've heard that they may want another QB or a Defensive starter in return. I dont think we have either of those to offer, unless they would be interested in Shaun Hill. We dont really have any stud to offer on defense either.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Good; as the team should. Just watch the guy: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ace2ce he dominated this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
We dont really have any stud to offer on defense either.
We can give Nolan one of our defensive guys not named Justin Smith.

Last edited by Brent : 04-01-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Good; as the team should. Just watch the guy: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ace2ce he dominated this game.

We can give Nolan one of our defensive guys not named Justin Smith.
We can trade anyone except for Willis and Clements
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deal in the works: Cutler for Smith, Roman, 1st + 3rd.

HOLY ****!

Can't be true...surely? Rumourmongering?

Last edited by BandwagonPunditry : 04-01-2009 at 12:41 PM.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What day is it today? :-)
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A-haha. Shoot me now.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deal in the works: Cutler for Smith, Roman, 1st + 3rd.

HOLY ****!

Can't be true...surely? Rumourmongering?
We would win that trade so much...if it were real.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 04-01-2009 at 01:00 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote