Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
A-haha. Shoot me now.
BANG!

The best part of that article...

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner will no longer be using his trademark gloves on the field this season. When asked why he merely responded with, "God told me not to wear them." No word from the team as to how this will affect his throwing motion.

In Buffalo, newly signed wide receiver Terrell Owens was seen getting into an altercation with Bills quarterback Trent Edwards during a charity Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Onlookers overheard Owens could yelling "Throw me the [expletive] frisbee! I'm open!" while getting really close to Edwards. Owens was later seen throwing popcorn in Edwards' face before storming out of the facility where the event was being held. Edwards and Owens could not be reached for comment.

Darren Sproles, the diminutive yet shifty running back for the San Diego Chargers, needed medical attention after being shot through a children's tube slide at acceerated speeds at a local San Diego park. "Man, you just pick up speed on that thing! I thought it was never going to end. I don't know how my kids do it." Sproles had minor scratches and bruises but should not miss any team workouts.

The Oakland Raiders have made another bold offseason signing with their acquisition of defensive end Amon Hobbs to a multi-year contract. While the details of the contract are not yet known, it is rumored to be a $45 million deal. This is a large amount for a player that was not able to secure a backup role last season with the Lions before being released. When ESPN analyst Tim Kurkjian was asked about his thoughts regarding the deal, he replied, "I am a baseball analyst." Oakland feels that Hobbs is a perfect fit for the starting role and could contribute immediately. Hobbs has 13 tackles and no sacks over his 8 year career.

This April Fools story has been brought to you by 49erswebzone.com. If you have read this far, you probably already figured that out.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the startling O-Line going to look like?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
A-haha. Shoot me now.
I was convinced last year that we got Jason Taylor... then I realized it was April fools. lol... who started this holiday (if you can call it a holiday).
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCEEEE is back:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...is-season.html

Interesting reading rotoworld take on it:
Quote:
Bruce, 36, led the Niners in receptions (62), receiving yards (835), and touchdown catches (7) last season. But those numbers should plummet after San Francisco added free agent Brandon Jones, who is likely to start. Mike Martz's receiver-heavy sets are gone, so Bruce may not see the field that much. He isn't even a lock to make the final roster.
I don't disagree that the numbers will drop but I would have to think Bruce would be a lock to get on the roster. Thoughts?
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0...-for-Rams.html

So, now that Billy B is with the Rams, are you going to want a name change? If so, say the word and I think I can help you out since you have a good reason haha.
Of all the teams he had to pick it had to be the Rams. I am thinking of changing my username to "IWANTWINNERS" or "???? to Davis", since that sums up our QB situation the last few years.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
We are apparently expected to make a serious push for Cutler.
2009 1st, 3rd and 2010 2nd round pick is my offer to enter the Cutler sweepstakes.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?

Sign with the Rams.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Cutler trade that I would like,

Broncos get: 10th and 74th overall picks + Shaun Hill
49ers get: Jay Cutler + 114th overall pick
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
What's the startling O-Line going to look like?
LT- Joe Staley
LG - David Baas
C- Eric Heitman
RG - Chilo Rachal
RT - Marvel Smith

That's what it would look like now Rachal, and Baas should be flip flopped though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruuuuuuuce is back for one more season!

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=443

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Bruce wasnt coming back because I want Morgan and Hill to be the starters.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
2009 1st, 3rd and 2010 2nd round pick is my offer to enter the Cutler sweepstakes.
Yeah, and my trade ideas are psycho??? Thats WAY too much for a QB who hasnt done any better than who we have. People will say that he has far better stats but of course he does, the Broncos defense was horrible and behind most of their games so obviously he's going to be passing a lot. Just like Garcia did back in 2000.

No way in hell would I give up this year's first and third plus next year's second for a guy who's arguably a bigger crybaby than T.O. And why anyone would want to give DEN anything more than what they used on Cutler when he was drafted (which was the 2006 10th overall draft pick) is beyond me.

*sends Scot McCloughan an urgent email*
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?

Sign with the Rams.
I would rather fall on something sharp. Plus wouldn't want to cover my 49ers tattoo with a lamb.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And why anyone would want to give DEN anything more than what they used on Cutler when he was drafted (which was the 2006 10th overall draft pick) is beyond me.
Yeah, give them exactly the pick they used on him. He cannot be considered a bust, which is the chance you take by drafting a QB in the 1st round, right? So, he obviously has more worth than just the pick he was taken with in the draft.

So, we cancel out the 10th pick. Then you are saying that Cutler isnt worth a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next? For a QB that you can plug into the starting line-up for the next decade or so? I guess maybe it is more fun for some people to have "uncertainty" at the QB positon, but I would rather not.

His trade idea is not going to work anyways, that would be a steal for us. They will get more from someone else.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 04-01-2009 at 11:22 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Plus wouldn't want to cover my 49ers tattoo with a lamb.
You have a Niners tattoo?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, and my trade ideas are psycho??? Thats WAY too much for a QB who hasnt done any better than who we have. People will say that he has far better stats but of course he does, the Broncos defense was horrible and behind most of their games so obviously he's going to be passing a lot. Just like Garcia did back in 2000.

No way in hell would I give up this year's first and third plus next year's second for a guy who's arguably a bigger crybaby than T.O. And why anyone would want to give DEN anything more than what they used on Cutler when he was drafted (which was the 2006 10th overall draft pick) is beyond me.

Oh Dan.....
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Holy smokes! Quick, call New England, Tom Brady's value is a 6th rounder!
Or....We can just shell out a 5th rounder for Michael Turner and have him and Gore team up in the backfield.

OR maybe, if someone offered to take Frank Gore from us, we'd HAVE to entertain trade offers if they were for a 3rd rounder...right?

The things that you type sometimes are incredible.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Colston for a 7th round pick as well.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I love me some Colston for a 7th round pick as well.
Turns out they are only asking for a 2nd rounder in exchange for Drew Brees.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving this Cutler stuff. I think the value of pick #10 could be skyrocketing if Denver trades away Cutler. Teams will be eager to jump in front of them to select Sanchez. I'm really hoping for a small trade down, preferably to the 15-20 range. I think the prospects there will be similar to those available at #10 and will still fit our needs.

I'd love to pick up extra picks. We really need a big draft one of these years where we land 3 or more impact players. We seem to pick up 1 or sometimes 2 and that's about it. One badass draft and we'll be playoff contenders for a while.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible that at #15 we could get a guy who we could plug in and he could make a huge difference right away, sure, I guess. A second 2nd rounder would be great, however a number of things have to happen in the right order for me even to begin considering it. I'm not that huge of a "trade down" homer.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Is it possible that at #15 we could get a guy who we could plug in and he could make a huge difference right away, sure, I guess. A second 2nd rounder would be great, however a number of things have to happen in the right order for me even to begin considering it. I'm not that huge of a "trade down" homer.
Well, what I'm thinking is that there isn't much of a difference between Brown/Orakpo and Ayers/Matthews/Cushing etc. Same with Oher. We could get him later I think. I'd love to pick up an extra 2nd that way we could conceivably get something like;

1. Oher
2. Sintim
2b. CB (whomever the team prefers) or WR if a good one slips
3. RB

Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Well, what I'm thinking is that there isn't much of a difference between Brown/Orakpo and Ayers/Matthews/Cushing etc. Same with Oher. We could get him later I think. I'd love to pick up an extra 2nd that way we could conceivably get something like
I'm a total Clay Matthews fanboy. If they traded down into the later part of the 1st and took Matthews, I would be happy.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm a total Clay Matthews fanboy. If they traded down into the later part of the 1st and took Matthews, I would be happy.
Yes, this idea is full of win. I think Clay is a total Singletary guy too. He seems like a perfect fit. I would just like to trade back a little then take him.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Yes, this idea is full of win. I think Clay is a total Singletary guy too. He seems like a perfect fit. I would just like to trade back a little then take him.
I don't think he slips past the Pats in round one but if by some chance he does, I am sure that he'll be long gone by pick 43.