Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
UM dropped Paulus after they were interested in him....so I hardly "look like a tard". I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they dropped him because of how pissy it made Forcier.
Right, because a guy who hasn't played QB in four years is really a huge threat to Forcier.

Quote:
How was Rodriguez successful at WVU? Let's see.....the 3 best teams from the conference up and left
Yeah, they sure are world-beaters.

Quote:
he was lucky enough to have Pat White &
Steve Slaton at the same time...
Yes, that lucky bastard. What a lucky **** he is for recruiting those players.

Quote:
Clearly he's competent as a football coach....but he's also clearly in over his head so far at Michigan. You can do whatever you want at WVU and nobody cares. People got a little uppity when he almost gave the #1 jersey to a DB at Michigan.
Because he didn't know the significance of it right away? Oh noooooooooooeszzzzzzzzzz!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey man...I'm with you. Rodriguez is my second favorite coach. Keep him at Michigan for life for all I care.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey man...I'm with you. Rodriguez is my second favorite coach. Keep him at Michigan for life for all I care.
Yeah, because he's going to go 3-9 every year.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I know. Any evidence that he's over his head will just have you with your head in the sand. I hope it's like that for the decision makers up in AA, too.

The guy is a great get. His strategy of ignoring defense completely and forcing square pegs into round holes is going to work out great. He's the next Bo!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
The guy is a great get. His strategy of ignoring defense completely and forcing square pegs into round holes is going to work out great. He's the next Bo!
Right, because he decides when players commit. I know for a fact that he decides in what order players commit.

10 of 22 commits last year were defensive players. 1 was a kicker, and 11 were on offense. But yeah, he sure is ignoring the defense with players like Will Campbell, Justin Turner, Anthony LaLota, Craig Roh, Vlad Emilien etc...Michigan has a whopping one less defensive commitment than Ohio State this year. ZOMGZ IGNORING THE DEFENSEzZZ!!!!eleventyone!

Go back to BuckNuts or BuckeyePlanet with your irrational ********. It's not needed here.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

Yeah....I'm irrational. I make a statement and you fly off the hinge.

Apparently in the new Michigan mindset just getting players to commit means you're not ignoring the D. Congrats on Will Campbell and Justin Turner (kids who would be at Michigan regardless of the coach). Lalota is going to red-shirt. Vlad's an iffy get. Roh is the only real get on your entire list.

Where are the LBs? Where's the DLine? Is Campbell going to tackle everybody? That'll be hard for him considering the number of plays he takes off.

Don't pretend like there isn't concern for Michigan's defense now and in the future.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
When it has no logic to it, yeah, you're irrational.

Quote:
Apparently in the new Michigan mindset just getting players to commit means you're not ignoring the D. Congrats on Will Campbell and Justin Turner (kids who would be at Michigan regardless of the coach). Lalota is going to red-shirt. Vlad's an iffy get. Roh is the only real get on your entire list.
So because LaLota's going to redshirt, that means he sucks? Mmmmmmmmmkkkkk. Right. Players are only good if they play their freshman year. Sound logic.

Quote:
Where are the LBs? Where's the DLine? Is Campbell going to tackle everybody? That'll be hard for him considering the number of plays he takes off.
LBs- There are very few spots available on the roster for him to give up scholarships.

DL- Three of the guys that I mentioned are DL.

It must be Rodriguez's fault that Lloyd Carr neglected the DL and LB spots for so long. Damn him. Anything else we can pin on him?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[IMG]http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/thumb/roflcopter.gif/IMG]
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
fixed it for ya

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Don't pretend like there isn't concern for Michigan's defense now and in the future.
I know Sniper already pointed it out, but it needs repeating. Three of the players you mentioned are on the D Line. What you said makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
When it has no logic to it, yeah, you're irrational.

So because LaLota's going to redshirt, that means he sucks? Mmmmmmmmmkkkkk. Right. Players are only good if they play their freshman year. Sound logic.

LBs- There are very few spots available on the roster for him to give up scholarships.

DL- Three of the guys that I mentioned are DL.

It must be Rodriguez's fault that Lloyd Carr neglected the DL and LB spots for so long. Damn him. Anything else we can pin on him?
-It makes plenty of sense if you aren't blinded by homerism.
-Don't act like a child and don't put words in my mouth. Michigan needs help NOW on defense, and that kid redshirting isn't going to help. Besides that....if you have to redshirt because you aren't good/big enough to play on this years Michigan team...I'm going to question your abilities. He's also probably going to end up on the OLine.
-There's very few spots....yet he's given out over 100 schollies? How does that make sense? If there are so few spots, why are there continued offers being put out to undersized scat backs and slot dots?
-Wow, you can count. Only two of those DL are any good. That's why I mentioned them. Are you going to only play 2 DLinemen? That'll be fun to run against.
-Oh....so we're playing the ND game of blaming the previous coach for anything bad. OK. If it's LLoyd's fault....wouldn't Rodriguez want to, you know, correct it? Since he's such a great coach and all.

But what's this?

A chart showing Rodriguez ignoring the LBs and DL? How could that be?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
-Don't act like a child and don't put words in my mouth. Michigan needs help NOW on defense, and that kid redshirting isn't going to help. Besides that....if you have to redshirt because you aren't good/big enough to play on this years Michigan team...I'm going to question your abilities. He's also probably going to end up on the OLine.
So yeah, he must suck if he's only played two years of high school football. In New Jersey, nonetheless. A far cry from Texas, California, Florida etc...Yet coaches from Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, etc... all deemed him worthy of a scholarship offer as a DE. Fantastic logic! Jake Long once redshirted. He probably ended up as a major flop.

Quote:
-There's very few spots....yet he's given out over 100 schollies? How does that make sense? If there are so few spots, why are there continued offers being put out to undersized scat backs and slot dots?
Reading comprehension FTW! There are few spots at LB, hence why I put "there only a few spots" next to the LB line. Of the LBs listed on the current spring roster, the only one who doesn't return next year, barring an unforeseen major rise up the draft rankings, is Ohene Opong-Owusu, a walk-on who's never played a down. Besides him, look at this...

Brandin Hawthorne, true freshman
Brandon Herron, redshirt sophomore
J.B Fitzgerald, true sophomore
Jonas Mouton, redshirt junior
Kenny Demens, true sophomore
Kevin Leach, redshirt sophomore walk-on who saw a decent amount of time
Marell Evans, junior
Obi Ezeh, redshirt junior

and then two more walk-ons who won't play. The reason why he is offering so many slots and scat backs is because there were none on the roster prior to his arrival. The slot receiver position is a major cog of this offense, and scat backs also play a big role. Because of Terrence Robinson's injury and subsequent redshirting last year, Martavious Odoms, a non-early enrollee was the unquestioned starter and Toney Clemons, at 6'3"/210/4.5, was #2 in the slot. Clemons fit RR's slot, oh, about as well as Maurice Wells fits into Ohio State's power I game. Rodriguez needs slots and scat backs for his offense to run as efficiently as possible. Now, Odoms comes back, Robinson is a redshirt freshman, and incoming freshmen Jeremy Gallon, Teric Jones, and Je'Ron Stokes could/will see time in the slot. There wasn't even a two-deep at slot receiver last year, so that's why he's offering so many.

Quote:
-Wow, you can count. Only two of those DL are any good. That's why I mentioned them. Are you going to only play 2 DLinemen? That'll be fun to run against.
Uh, no. There's this guy. He's not bad. Goes by the name of Brandon. You may or may not have heard of him. Apparently, he's pretty good at that whole "tackle the guy in the backfield" process that so many coaches get excited about. May or may not have finished fourth in the conference in sacks despite missing two games, and may or may not have been tied with a first-rounder in TFLs, despite playing two less games than that first-rounder. Check him out. He's supposed to be decent.

Also, there's this other guy you may or may not have heard of. Was named first or second team Freshman All-American by pretty much anyone who watches football. Also supposed to be pretty good.

Quote:
-Oh....so we're playing the ND game of blaming the previous coach for anything bad. OK. If it's LLoyd's fault....wouldn't Rodriguez want to, you know, correct it? Since he's such a great coach and all.
I'm not blaming the previous coach for everything bad. Hyperbole is super! And are you honestly expecting a bunch of true freshmen to fix everything? That's mighty big of you. Lloyd Carr didn't recruit a single DE for two years. You read that correctly. He did not land a single DE, at a position that requires two starters, for TWO ************* YEARS. Atrocious LB recruiting is nothing new to UM, so please stop pretending like it's Rodriguez's fault.

Quote:
But what's this?

I can't see your chart. It doesn't show up for me. However, what I do know is this. Rodriguez recruited three DL last year, all of which were ranked highly by those super-duper recruiting services. Between the three of them, there were offers from USC, Florida, Miami, Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, ND, Cal etc...He got 2-3 linebackers (depends where I. Bell and M. Jones play). In the previous class, he got a badass DT and 4 LBs. One didn't qualify, and the other transferred to YSU to be closer to home. ZOMGZ IGNORING DEFENZESZZZZZZZ!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

fixed it for ya

lolololololol ROFLcopter FTW

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread has been ridiculously hijacked.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-It makes plenty of sense if you aren't blinded by homerism.

But what's this?

Seriously, stop trolling. I understand Sniper may have been out of line with his original comment but this is not an acceptable way to react.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

A reasonable response is not how to react? Is that because it slams Michigan?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

It's a shame you can't see the chart Sniper......not that you would even SEE it with open eyes. Long live coach Rodriguez, though. On that we can agree.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

According to Joe Schad, Paulus will indeed commit to Syracuse!! Yay - hopefully he starts!!
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
According to Joe Schad, Paulus will indeed commit to Syracuse!! Yay - hopefully he starts!!
Wow. Is he from that area, or just one of the only teams to give him a shot?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paulus to the Big East, bring it.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He played at Christian Brothers Academy which is right in the area.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yup he went to CBA which is about 10 mins from SU which is close to where I live too. I actually played against Paulus in HS when I played DB for Onondaga.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should have gone to UNC this year. And then written a book about playing for both sides of that rivalry(even though its different sports).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although the story would be incredible if he did succeed, I see little chance of it. He's a great athlete don't get me wrong there but as smart and athletic as he may be, learning a college football playbook after playing basketball the last four years is going to be one hell of a transition. I'm pulling for him, though. Great competitor.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Yup he went to CBA which is about 10 mins from SU which is close to where I live too. I actually played against Paulus in HS when I played DB for Onondaga.
Mike Hart's school?