Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default Why so much hype for Cutler?

What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season? Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.

So why does Cutler, a 17-20 record starter with only one Pro Bowl season warrant so much hype? I really don't understand it. Not to mention that the Bears team he's going to isn't nearly the offensive force that Denver's was.

This just seems so silly to me, and I feel like I'm the only one who notices the glaring overhype.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Last edited by 3pac : 04-15-2009 at 07:03 AM.
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,298
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You are. You're the only one who gets it. Congrats.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You are. You're the only one who gets it. Congrats.
Since you obviously disagree, reasons as to why this is the case are welcome.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season? Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.

So why does Cutler, a 17-20 record starter with only one Pro Bowl season warrant so much hype? I really don't understand it. Not to mention that the Bears team he's going to isn't nearly the offensive force that Denver's was.

This just seems so silly to me, and I feel like I'm the only one who notices the glaring overhype.
Cutler basically carried a Broncos team that had no D an lost coutless RB's. An almost led them to the playoffs. thats pretty good
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,013
Reputation: 177569
OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

DA was getting hyped pretty well too there for a bit, so the two cases aren't so different, but you obviously can't say because DA took a step back so will Cutler.

It's fairly natural, particularly for fantasy football favorites like DA and Cutler were/are. After all, you can't disappoint like DA did if you weren't hyped up a little bit, and a young QB who appears to be the next great thing will always get hyped.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Cutler basically carried a Broncos team that had no D an lost coutless RB's. An almost led them to the playoffs. thats pretty good
I'd say leading the Browns to 10-6 in a tough AFC North division is far more impressive than leading the Broncos to 8-8 in a horrible, HORRIBLE AFC West division that was actually claimed by an 8-8 squad... (albiet one that beat my team in the playoffs.....sigh).

Also, it's hard to say he "carried" anything considering they had one of the worst late season collapses in recent memory.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
DA was getting hyped pretty well too there for a bit, so the two cases aren't so different, but you obviously can't say because DA took a step back so will Cutler.

It's fairly natural, particularly for fantasy football favorites like DA and Cutler were/are. After all, you can't disappoint like DA did if you weren't hyped up a little bit, and a young QB who appears to be the next great thing will always get hyped.
I suppose that's true, had DA been traded there probably would have been hype there as well. But I fail to see how adding Cutler to the bears makes them the great force to be reckoned with that some are hinting at. I'm not saying he's not probably an improvement, but man, his impact is being blown out of proportion.

I guess you're right, in this day of fantasy football, the idea of a QB that can throw for 4,500 yards or whatever it was is more important than most other factors.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
I'd say leading the Browns to 10-6 in a tough AFC North division is far more impressive than leading the Broncos to 8-8 in a horrible, HORRIBLE AFC West division that was actually claimed by an 8-8 squad... (albiet one that beat my team in the playoffs.....sigh).

Also, it's hard to say he "carried" anything considering they had one of the worst late season collapses in recent memory.
At least the Browns had Jamal Lewis an a decent D.
An Cutler got tired, thats what happens when your forced to throow the balls alot during a game. An what do you think the Broncos would be if Anderson started instead of Cutler?
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
At least the Browns had Jamal Lewis an a decent D.
An Cutler got tired, thats what happens when your forced to throow the balls alot during a game. An what do you think the Broncos would be if Anderson started instead of Cutler?
They'd probably be about the same as far as I'm concerned. I think the Broncos success is tied in more to the system than Cutler. Heck, you talk about their "lack of a run game" but they were 12th or so in the league in rushing if memory serves.

They're both young QBs with good strong arms that had/have shown promise at the end of a fantasy-football-friendly season. If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.

EDIT: Also, Denver had the 3rd best YPA rushing in the NFL last year. So they were FAR from bad.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Last edited by 3pac : 04-15-2009 at 08:08 AM.
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
They'd probably be about the same as far as I'm concerned. I think the Broncos success is tied in more to the system than Cutler. Heck, you talk about their "lack of a run game" but they were 12th or so in the league in rushing if memory serves.

They're both young QBs with good strong arms that had/have shown promise at the end of a fantasy-football-friendly season. If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.
i dont think they will be at same at all. Anderson couldnt even lead a team with the weapons like Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, Stalworth
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i dont think they will be at same at all. Anderson couldnt even lead a team with the weapons like Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, Stalworth
Why do you say he couldn't lead them? He got them to 10-6 in a tough division. If that's not leading a team, how is going 8-8 in a crappy division?

Besides, Denver's rushing game was about the same as Cleveland's, and Marshall/Royal was about the same as Edwards/Winslow. They're very comparable.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Why do you say he couldn't lead them? He got them to 10-6 in a tough division. If that's not leading a team, how is going 8-8 in a crappy division?

Besides, Denver's rushing game was about the same as Cleveland's, and Marshall/Royal was about the same as Edwards/Winslow. They're very comparable.
if they are comparable then how come Anderson couldnt lead the Browns?
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,298
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season?
It's not just a matter of what he has done. It's also a matter of what he can do. Anyone that is objective, and has watched both players, would say that Cutler is a vastly superior talent. It's not even the same ballpark. Anderson was drafted in the 6th round for a reason. Cutler gets more attention for a reason. Anderson couldn't draw a 2nd rounder to save his life. It's not some massive conspiracy that everyone doesn't see but you. It's just a matter of value and talent.

Quote:
Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.
This is such terrible logic, which is why I was flippant with you in the first place.

Here, let me try:

When O.J. Simpson was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a waitress from a Beverly Hills nightclub.

When John Elway was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a former Oakland Raiders cherleader.

AND LOOK AT HOW O.J. SIMPSON TURNED OUT!!! ZOMG!! JOHN ELWAY IS GOING TO MURDER HIS WIFE!! HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS!?!?!

If I seem tired, I am. It's a waste of everyone's time to deal with these dumbass arguments. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it requires a separate thread for you to sort out your incoherent thoughts.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
if they are comparable then how come Anderson couldnt lead the Browns?
Lead the Browns to what? You keep talking about leading, but I don't know what you're referring to. The playoffs? IDK, the same reason Cutler didn't I guess....
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's not just a matter of what he has done. It's also a matter of what he can do. Anyone that is objective, and has watched both players, would say that Cutler is a vastly superior talent. It's not even the same ballpark. Anderson was drafted in the 6th round for a reason.
First of all, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. What round someone was drafted in makes no difference to how well they do in the league, only how many credentials they had going in.

Second, how is it not the same ballpark? Both made the Pro-Bowl, both led high octane offenses. I'll admit that Cutler has a higher ceiling, but not to the point where he should be hailed as some kind of future Peyton or Tom based soley on throwing 4500 yards.


Quote:
This is such terrible logic, which is why I was flippant with you in the first place.

Here, let me try:

When O.J. Simpson was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a waitress from a Beverly Hills nightclub.

When John Elway was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a former Oakland Raiders cherleader.

AND LOOK AT HOW O.J. SIMPSON TURNED OUT!!! ZOMG!! JOHN ELWAY IS GOING TO MURDER HIS WIFE!! HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS!?!?!

If I seem tired, I am. It's a waste of everyone's time to deal with these dumbass arguments. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it requires a separate thread for you to sort out your incoherent thoughts.
Again, I never said he would bust. You're making inferences based on the fact that you don't appreciate someone questioning what your team did. The point is that instead of acting like he's a holy grail that the city of Chicago has finally found for the first time since McMahon, people should look at it objectively and realize that there's a DECENT POSSIBILITY he will not pan out.

Saying there is a possibility is not saying it will happen. The only one jumping to conclusions here is you.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Lead the Browns to what? You keep talking about leading, but I don't know what you're referring to. The playoffs? IDK, the same reason Cutler didn't I guess....
lead them to wins? lead them to at least a decent record? lead them to almost making the playoffs? keep them in contention all year long
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,298
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
I'll admit that Cutler has a higher ceiling, but not to the point where he should be hailed as some kind of future Peyton or Tom based soley on throwing 4500 yards.
That's interesting. Since you seem so convinced that Cutler has been overhyped, some examples of such talk may be helpful.

Quote:
Again, I never said he would bust. You're making inferences based on the fact that you don't appreciate someone questioning what your team did.
No, I'm making inferences because your argument is awful. It has no logic behind it. What the **** does Derek Anderson have to do with Jay Cutler? You could draw connections between almost anything and anyone (for example, John Elway and O.J. Simpson

Quote:
Saying there is a possibility is not saying it will happen. The only one jumping to conclusions here is you.
What conclusions have I jumped to? Other than your argument is a complete logical fallacy.


An argument could easily be made that Jay Cutler has become overrated (especially on here). You've just completely failed to do it.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
lead them to wins? lead them to at least a decent record? lead them to almost making the playoffs? keep them in contention all year long
You're confusing my point. I'm talking about 2007 DA, not 2008. The whole point of this post is the similarities between the 07 offseason, and how much hype DA was getting after his first Pro Bowl season, and the 08 offseason, and how much hype Cutler is getting after his first Pro Bowl season.

The fact that he did so bad this year is why I'm saying people shouldn't just blindly buy into Cutler in Chicago, because for all we know it's very possible (not necessarily likely, but definitely possible) that he too will regress the next year, like DA.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
You're confusing my point. I'm talking about 2007 DA, not 2008. The whole point of this post is the similarities between the 07 offseason, and how much hype DA was getting after his first Pro Bowl season, and the 08 offseason, and how much hype Cutler is getting after his first Pro Bowl season.

The fact that he did so bad this year is why I'm saying people shouldn't just blindly buy into Cutler in Chicago, because for all we know it's very possible (not necessarily likely, but definitely possible) that he too will regress the next year, like DA.
when did you state you were talkin about the 07 season?
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's interesting. Since you seem so convinced that Cutler has been overhyped, some examples of such talk may be helpful.
Go back into this very forum, let alone all the Bears forums (which I frequent since they're my 2nd favorite NFC team). It's filled with talk about how he's going to lead them to a Superbowl.


Quote:
No, I'm making inferences because your argument is awful. It has no logic behind it. What the **** does Derek Anderson have to do with Jay Cutler? You could draw connections between almost anything and anyone (for example, John Elway and O.J. Simpson
Because unlike comparing Elway and Simpson, Cutler and DA are actually very similar, as I've said over and over in this topic. Don't start flipping out and getting angry the point you feel the need to cuss just because you refuse to see the connections. Both had a good season, both carried lofty expectations into the next year. Seeing DA bust is a perfect example of why it's better to be cautious when attempting to anoint Cutler as one of the next great franchise QBs.


Quote:
What conclusions have I jumped to? Other than your argument is a complete logical fallacy. An argument could easily be made that Jay Cutler has become overrated (especially on here). You've just completely failed to do it.
You jumped the conclusion I was saying Cutler would bust, which, if you would actually read anything I've said in this topic, is not the case. Stop being so defensive, take a chill pill, and actually read what is in front of you.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
when did you state you were talkin about the 07 season?
Literally the first sentence of my topic.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Literally the first sentence of my topic.
oh damn haha
so didnt see the "prio to last season" part
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
oh damn haha
so didnt see the "prio to last season" part
It's all good. Most arguments come from a misunderstanding afterall.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berks County,PA
Posts: 459
Reputation: 14856
HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

because cutler is a franchise qurterback and anderson was fluke\one year wonder, yea you can point to cutlers record and say it isnt good but he had one of the worst defenses in the league, and the defenses best player(champ bailey) didn't even play the whole year, theres really one stat that can clear this whole thing up and its that cutler is something like 16-1 when the defense didn't give up more than 20 points, jeez haha you cant do it all by yourself

P.S- haha sorry didnt see the 07 season either my bad
__________________

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 144
Reputation: 631
Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.
Default

Well first of all that a QB has such a great season like DA had in 2007 and totaly collapses the year after is the exception, not the rule. The reasonning you are making has no logic to it at all. Billy is a boy and has red hair, Bobby is a boy too so does he have red hair too???

Then Jay Cutler has more then one big year behind him. His abilities where recognized comming out of Vanderbilt and he was a 1st round pick. He struggled a little bit as a rookie but still produced a lot of plays, so-so his 2nd year but again made a lot of good plays and then boom 3rd year he is carrying that whole team under his shoulders.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the most physicaly gifted QB in the NFL today. Not the best or most talented, but as far as overall athletism, arm strength, the type of passes he completes that most others only dream of, maybe Jamarcus Russell could match him soon but as of now he is alone in his class.

Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada : 04-15-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.