Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
It's all good. Most arguments come from a misunderstanding afterall.
damn i was in the mood to argue too :(
__________________

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
because cutler is a franchise qurterback and anderson was fluke\one year wonder, yea you can point to cutlers record and say it isnt good but he had one of the worst defenses in the league, and the defenses best player(champ bailey) didn't even play the whole year, theres really one stat that can clear this whole thing up and its that cutler is something like 16-1 when the defense didn't give up more than 20 points, jeez haha you cant do it all by yourself
This is exactly what I'm talking about. What evidence is there that Cutler is a franchise quarterback? What evidence was there in the 07 offseason after DA was a probowler that he was a fluke? You're saying this only in today's perspective. We don't know what will happen.

Just because someone was drafted in the first round and has, at this point in time, 1 year of true success doesn't make him a franchise QB. He has to earn that title through more than one 8-8 Pro Bowl season.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_fan_Canada View Post
Well first of all that a QB has such a great season like DA had in 2007 and totaly collapses the year after is the exception, not the rule. The reasonning you are making has no logic to it at all. Billy is a boy and has red hair, Bobby is a boy too so does he have red hair too???

Then Jay Cutler has more then one big year behind him. His abilities where recognized comming out of Vanderbilt and he was a 1st round pick. He struggled a little bit as a rookie but still produced a lot of plays, so-so his 2nd year but again made a lot of good plays and then boom 3rd year he is carrying that whole team under his shoulders.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the most physicaly gifted QB in the NFL today. Not the best or most talented, but as far as overall athletism, arm strength, the type of passes he completes that most others only dream of, maybe Jamarcus Russell could match him soon but as of now he is alone in his class.
Again, you're making the same mistake bearsfan did. I'm not saying he WILL bust, I'm saying we need to keep in mind he COULD. People anoint him, like the poster before you, as a franchise QB when in reality there is NO EVIDENCE YET that is the case.

And as for the 1st round pick thing, again...I think this fact just sways people's perceptions of a player. It's like arguing Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady simply because he was drafted in a higher round. What does the draft matter?
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

what are the similarities in the playing style of Jay Cutler and DA? that would be far more interesting than the situation they are in.

Bearsfan is not argueing Jay Cutler is the better player because he was drafted higher. he is saying he has the superior talent. Would u disagree with that?

seriously though, if u just want to make a thread about how he could bust, u could make that about every single player.
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
what are the similarities in the playing style of Jay Cutler and DA? that would be far more interesting than the situation they are in.

Bearsfan is not argueing Jay Cutler is the better player because he was drafted higher. he is saying he has the superior talent. Would u disagree with that?
Both are gunslingers with a high risk/reward gamestyle that can warrant lots of TDs but also lots of INTs.

And yes, I'd say he has a higher ceiling at least. His potential is higher than DA's, but I find it silly to use the draft as an example of that. After all, no one's going to argue Joey Harrington has/had more superior talent than Tony Romo or Tom Brady.

EDIT: I was too fast, didn't see what you added just now. And yeah, in a way you could, but I made it because of the outrageous hype behind Cutler. People are calling him a franchise QB based on practically nothing.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Derek Andersons arm is nothing like Jay Cutlers arm
Jay Cutler is a lot more mobile
The browns were more a run heavy team afair with jamal lewis keeping the defenses honest. their defense wasnt that bad either. The denver broncos were just horrible, the offense was all Cutler, no running game really and the defense was the 2nd worst in the league.

Like someone said, Cutler is 17-1 when the defense held the opponents to 21 or less points.
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
Derek Andersons arm is nothing like Jay Cutlers arm
Jay Cutler is a lot more mobile
The browns were more a run heavy team afair with jamal lewis keeping the defenses honest. their defense wasnt that bad either. The denver broncos were just horrible, the offense was all Cutler, no running game really and the defense was the 2nd worst in the league.

Like someone said, Cutler is 17-1 when the defense held the opponents to 21 or less points.
They had the 12th most rushing yards in the league and had the 3rd highest yards per rush attempt. I'd hardly say they had no running game.

I also don't see why you'd say they don't have similar arms, although I agree Cutler is more mobile. The 17-1 or whatever is impressive, but what would you expect when leading an offense that scores as many points as Denver did? It's a good stat, but it's a bit misleading. I mean theoretically, an offensive-based team should almost ALWAYS win if their D is doing a decent enough job to keep them under 3 TDs.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Go back into this very forum, let alone all the Bears forums (which I frequent since they're my 2nd favorite NFC team). It's filled with talk about how he's going to lead them to a Superbowl.
No, you find it. So far you've said that he's been compared to Manning and Tom Brady, and that he would lead them to a Superbowl. Find those quotes. They must be all over the place since this is such a problem.


Quote:
Because unlike comparing Elway and Simpson, Cutler and DA are actually very similar, as I've said over and over in this topic.
What part of, "your argument is a logical fallacy" don't you understand? Your connections are specious and lame. Just because you, someone who has to this point yet to establish any credibility, says so, doesn't make it true. It just makes it a dumb argument you won't let go.

Quote:
Don't start flipping out and getting angry the point you feel the need to cuss just because you refuse to see the connections. Both had a good season, both carried lofty expectations into the next year. Seeing DA bust is a perfect example of why it's better to be cautious when attempting to anoint Cutler as one of the next great franchise QBs.



Quote:
You jumped the conclusion I was saying Cutler would bust, which, if you would actually read anything I've said in this topic, is not the case. Stop being so defensive, take a chill pill, and actually read what is in front of you.
Really? Where did I say that? Do you have a reading disability?

I'm moving on. You're a dope. I see that others have come to the same conclusion.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What part of, "your argument is a logical fallacy" don't you understand? Your
I'm moving on. You're a dope. I see that others have come to the same conclusion.
Fine by moi. I'd rather debate with people with maturity who put thought and reasoning instead of just having footballPMS. I take no enjoyment in bickering with an elitist with an attitude, so by all means, "move on."
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,152
Reputation: 309042
hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Fine by moi. I'd rather debate with people with maturity who put thought and reasoning instead of just having footballPMS. I take no enjoyment in bickering with an elitist with an attitude, so by all means, "move on."

I agree with you. Hes had one good year, and he is being annointed a great QB who is going to bring an enormous upgrade to the Bears O, which i think is true really. He carried the Broncos O in a lot of games, and I think he can do the same for the bears.

But the fact of the matter is that both his situation this offseason and DA's last offseason have some striking similarities. DA had one good year too, big arm with too many picks and almost led his team to the playoffs, all like Cutler. Does it mean he'll fall apart too? No of course not, hell ive already said i think he'll help carry that O and make the team better. But thats just my opinion. I thought DA was a one year wonder and that BQ was gunna take his job, but I think Cutler is a better player with better tools and wont struggle.

I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I agree with you. Hes had one good year, and he is being annointed a great QB who is going to bring an enormous upgrade to the Bears O, which i think is true really. He carried the Broncos O in a lot of games, and I think he can do the same for the bears.

But the fact of the matter is that both his situation this offseason and DA's last offseason have some striking similarities. DA had one good year too, big arm with too many picks and almost led his team to the playoffs, all like Cutler. Does it mean he'll fall apart too? No of course not, hell ive already said i think he'll help carry that O and make the team better. But thats just my opinion. I thought DA was a one year wonder and that BQ was gunna take his job, but I think Cutler is a better player with better tools and wont struggle.

I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?
THANK you, finally someone understands what I'm trying to say. You hit the nail on the head, maybe it'll illustrate the point better to others than I was able to.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16,625
Reputation: 1057989
bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Cutler is the one who really baptized Jesus and on the 8th day he invented laser rocket armz
__________________
my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
<TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
<+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i dont see how people say he only has 1 good year. he had 3 good years so far and proved every year he is a good QB in this league
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
i dont see how people say he only has 1 good year. he had 3 good years so far and proved every year he is a good QB in this league
He only played 5 games his first year, so it's kind of hard to count that. And his 2nd year was by no means bad, but it wasn't spectacular: 20 TDs 14 INTs.

This most recent year is his only Pro Bowl year, and so that's really the only year we can go off on that he truly proved his worth. And even this past season he still through a lot of picks. If anything I'd say he showed promise in years 1 and 2, and then fulfilled a lot of potential with a Pro Bowl appearance in year 3. But that's different than saying he had "3 good years and proved he's a good QB."
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16,625
Reputation: 1057989
bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He has shown progress which DA had none of. Cutler was going to be an elite Qb around year 5-6 in the league and he is well on his way.
__________________
my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
<TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
<+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,087
Reputation: 111561
regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Im so ******* sick of these stupid Cutler threads.
__________________

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
Reputation: 95
Flippityskip91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
Derek Andersons arm is nothing like Jay Cutlers arm
Jay Cutler is a lot more mobile
The browns were more a run heavy team afair with jamal lewis keeping the defenses honest. their defense wasnt that bad either. The denver broncos were just horrible, the offense was all Cutler, no running game really and the defense was the 2nd worst in the league.

Like someone said, Cutler is 17-1 when the defense held the opponents to 21 or less points.
I'm sorry, that made me lolz a little bit. The Browns D in '07 was solid for a few games, a pretty awful for most others. I haven't checked rankings, but I would venture a guess that statistically it wasn't much better than Denvers.

On the topic of ability, Jay Cutler is clearly the superior athlete of the two. DA however, does have an electric arm. Quick release, exceptional velocity. Cutler's is better, but to say DA's is nothing like Cutler's is a misconception. Oh no, I think I just complemented DA...I'll brb. I have to go atone for my sins.
Flippityskip91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 70
Reputation: 822
Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.
Default

To me, I think the situation is overhyped because people are expecting the Bears to come in and have an elite offense right away. I'm just not sure I see it with the weapons they currently have. Remember that Cutler was a part of one of the best overall offenses in the league last season. He's not going to have nearly the weapons or protection that he got in Denver, which is why I don't think he'll repeat his success of last season.

There's a good chance Bears fans are going to flip out when they read this and start bashing me. I understand, everybody has a bias towards their team and there's nothing wrong with believing in what they're doing. I just think it's important to control expectations especially when you have a quarterback coming into a new team and system. Don't be surprised if there are some growing pains especially until the Bears sort out their receivers and offensive line.

All this talk about the Bears being the clearcut favorites to win the division is premature to me. The Vikings still have the best defense and the most talented team on paper. The Packers still have the best offense and a defense that is a mystery at this point in terms of how they'll likely perform. The Lions...well, nevermind about the Lions. ;) All in all, I think the division is pretty wide open right now but if I had to give a team the edge it would be the Vikings because they have proven the most on the field.
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 330
Reputation: 1149
3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highagain View Post
To me, I think the situation is overhyped because people are expecting the Bears to come in and have an elite offense right away. I'm just not sure I see it with the weapons they currently have. Remember that Cutler was a part of one of the best overall offenses in the league last season. He's not going to have nearly the weapons or protection that he got in Denver, which is why I don't think he'll repeat his success of last season.

There's a good chance Bears fans are going to flip out when they read this and start bashing me. I understand, everybody has a bias towards their team and there's nothing wrong with believing in what they're doing. I just think it's important to control expectations especially when you have a quarterback coming into a new team and system. Don't be surprised if there are some growing pains especially until the Bears sort out their receivers and offensive line.

All this talk about the Bears being the clearcut favorites to win the division is premature to me. The Vikings still have the best defense and the most talented team on paper. The Packers still have the best offense and a defense that is a mystery at this point in terms of how they'll likely perform. The Lions...well, nevermind about the Lions. ;) All in all, I think the division is pretty wide open right now but if I had to give a team the edge it would be the Vikings because they have proven the most on the field.
Pretty much. He may develop into a star but it wouldn't surprise me at all if next year, at the very least, has some growing pains. Clearly the fans are pretty rabid and defensive about it, as evidenced by people like bearsfan_51. I guess people don't like hearing negative things about their team.
__________________
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
GO COLTS! NAPTOWN
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,197
Reputation: 1910838
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
He has shown progress which DA had none of. Cutler was going to be an elite Qb around year 5-6 in the league and he is well on his way.
Exactly. I'd +rep this but I can't yet b/c I was being a wise-arse and gave you -1 the other day. Took you to 41999 which I see lasted a long time. lol

Cutler has all the tools necessary to be a franchise QB. On top of that he has shown improvement each year, culminating with his great season last year in which he carried the team.

Citing the rushing stats for Denver is nonsense. Watch some of the games - you'll see the rushing attack was a classic "pass to set up the run" situation b/c the rushing attack was terrible on its own. Add to that the fact that 6 of their 16 games were against the division rivals who also had gawd-awful run Ds and you can see how Denver's rushing stats could be slightly skewed. Choosing to cite that divisions' overall weakness as evidence of one point w/o considering it as evidence of the opposite point is statistical cherry picking.

DA was a journeyman QB who couldn't put it all together, regardless of the tools he had. He had one good season without any of the continuous progression Cutler has shown.

With Chicago he will have a much better rushing attack (i.e. balanced attack) and a defense that can actually stop someone. His offensive weapons will be roughly the same (imo) b/c he will have a better run game but weaker WRs. If the Bears can land a solid WR prospect like Robiskie it would greatly improve Cutler's chances to blow up in the Windy City.

But there's a strong chance Cutler has a pedestrian year with the weapons at WR unless Bennett progresses and can be a decent 3rd option behind Olsen & Hester.
__________________

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

BOE hit it on the head. Cutler has shown progression. DA was a flash in the pan. That's what's different. In all likelihood, Cutler won't magically regress because he's started for almost 2.5 seasons already, not like 4 games that DA had prior to 2007.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,055
Reputation: 81488
SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He was the 11th overall pick in a loaded draft, has outperformed two uber-hyped prospects, and has put up numbers.

Not rocket science.
__________________
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 7,858
Reputation: 246025
stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

its because he is jim sorjis understudy a long with JDB
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yurop
Posts: 11,038
Reputation: 230303
Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Again, you're making the same mistake bearsfan did. I'm not saying he WILL bust, I'm saying we need to keep in mind he COULD. People anoint him, like the poster before you, as a franchise QB when in reality there is NO EVIDENCE YET that is the case.

And as for the 1st round pick thing, again...I think this fact just sways people's perceptions of a player. It's like arguing Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady simply because he was drafted in a higher round. What does the draft matter?
But, any player could bust at any time realistically. The fact is that Anderson crashing was unexpected and unusual. By the way, so was his sudden rise to Pro Bowl level, but that's besides the point.

Because player A has a good season and then deflates out of nowhere doesn't mean player B will. It doesn't even make it more likely. Cutler has exactly the same, small chance to bust as anderson had post-07. Anderson lost his mojo, Cutler doing the same thing isn't to be expected.
__________________

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,221
Reputation: 78087
MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think we can all agree that BOE has successfully disarmed this argument. Teams adjusted to Anderson, and there were other problems within the Browns, Jamal Lewis showed his age and couldn't break any runs, Braylon Edwards forgot how to catch, Joe Jurevicius got hurt and Kellen Winslow got a staph infection.
Plus, people who think Cutler is overrated are acting like he's 38, he's 26 and has improved every year. He does need to improve his efficiency, but he has shown the ability to improve. He should be better than any of the crap that we've had recently.
__________________

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 04-15-2009 at 02:04 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.