Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did u also hear about his problems with drugs and hookers and with weapons?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
did u also hear about his problems with drugs and hookers and with weapons?
I think he was talking about the last Bears QB with drinking problems.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if it's on the internet it must be true.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I think he was talking about the last Bears QB with drinking problems.

Orton doesn't have diabetes though. I'm pretty sure that Jay knows what he's doing and he can monitor his diabetes just fine. But it's not just some random messageboard that states this, I believe even guys like Colin Cowherd expressed concerns for Jay's night life due to his condition.

Really, what's going to be fun to see is if Jay will deal with the Chicago media the way he dealt with Denver's. Because he sure as heck is going to get rip in half if he does the same thing.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Orton doesn't have diabetes though. I'm pretty sure that Jay knows what he's doing and he can monitor his diabetes just fine. But it's not just some random messageboard that states this, I believe even guys like Colin Cowherd expressed concerns for Jay's night life due to his condition.

Really, what's going to be fun to see is if Jay will deal with the Chicago media the way he dealt with Denver's. Because he sure as heck is going to get rip in half if he does the same thing.
You have, by my count, over 15 posts in this thread. Almost all of them bashing Cutler in one form or another. I'd say the emperor has no clothes.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xenos is no fan of Cutler, I am on the Orangemane and he has never had much positive to say about the young QB.
And on the Orangemane, those are all rumors from posters. The whole team played awful against Oakland anyways.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You have, by my count, over 15 posts in this thread. Almost all of them bashing Cutler in one form or another. I'd say the emperor has no clothes.
Of course I hate Cutler. I'm a Charger fan and I think he's a loser in the vein of Jeff George. Which is why I feel kinda bad for the Bears because they're expecting this savior, but instead could get someone who could just as easily implode as Cade McKnown. The sad thing is that I liked him up until the Christmas game in 2007 when he started that whole incident with Rivers.

Edit: really I only 15 posts? I thought I had more than that...

Last edited by Xenos : 04-19-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Xenos is no fan of Cutler, I am on the Orangemane and he has never had much positive to say about the young QB.
And on the Orangemane, those are all rumors from posters. The whole team played awful against Oakland anyways.
You have me confused with 400Hz or someone else. I rarely say anything negative about Cutler there.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

I suppose you could look at my rant as my sadness that he's leaving the division. Denver got some good picks and could do some damage with them now because they traded Cutler away.

I hope he plays horribly but that the Bears go 16-0 and Denver gets a really low 1st round pick next year.

Last edited by Xenos : 04-19-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season? Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.
DA had a great year then struggled like the whole offense did. I'm not saying hes as good as he played in 2007, I'm saying how can you say "Look how he turned out" when he's had a good year and a bad year, you can't just a career off two seasons.

As for Cutler hes amazing and your comparison to Anderson is *EDIT* completely wrong.

Oh and one more thing

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 04-19-2009 at 02:28 AM.
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Of course I hate Cutler. I'm a Charger fan and I think he's a loser in the vein of Jeff George. Which is why I feel kinda bad for the Bears because they're expecting this savior, but instead could get someone who could just as easily implode as Cade McKnown. The sad thing is that I liked him up until the Christmas game in 2007 when he started that whole incident with Rivers.

Edit: really I only 15 posts? I thought I had more than that...
That's fine, but to any objective person you just look irrational and silly. Your agenda reeks of bias. I mean, Cade McNown? Are you ******* serious? Get a grip dude.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's fine, but to any objective person you just look irrational and silly. Your agenda reeks of bias. I mean, Cade McNown? Are you ******* serious? Get a grip dude.
That's fair that you are excited about him. People are in love with his tools. He has also gotten progressively gotten better each season statistically. I just find it odd that people keep making these excuses for him.

Here's a rational argument:
1) He has Ron Turner as his OC
2) That Chicago oline is not as good as Denver's.
3) The current Bears defense needs help as well which will put even more pressure on him to well. I just don't think he has it in him.
4) He doesn't have the weapons like he did with Denver. Forte and Olson are very solid players though. But currently (I say currently because things could happen with the offense) I think he'll have a down year.
5) He did not handle the media in Denver well during a loss. I just think it'll be one of his undoing in Chicago. He just shows his disdain and contempt too easily when dealing with reporters. You have to have the poker face especially when you're the face of the franchise. How he deals with the pressure from the media and the sport fans will be very telling this year. If he manages to do it well as well as learn to control his gunslinging then I would be wrong about him.

Nonrational rant:
I just think he's a loser and has that mentality since he's been losing since high school. The fact that he couldn't even win one game in that last stretch is kinda telling to me. It just tells me that he can't get it done when the team needs him to especially during big games.
Perhaps, one of the reasons why I don't think he'll be a great QB is due to his inconsistency. He can make those great OMG plays and then the next do something completely idiotic ie. the first Denver/San Diego game where he was terrific in the first half and then started to collapse in the second with a key interception in the endzone and then "fumbling" near the endzone.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xenos has issues. That is all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he just hates Jay cause he was playing for the broncos

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
he just hates Jay cause he was playing for the broncos
16-0 Gay. Love the Veronica Mars btw.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Xenos has issues. That is all.
Hey I provided my rational and non-rational reasoning. That is all.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

I lulzed at this one hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I lulzed at this one hard.
I think it'd be funnier with Rex Grossman. lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THANK you, finally someone understands what I'm trying to say. You hit the nail on the head, maybe it'll illustrate the point better to others than I was able to.
That was in response to
Quote:
I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?"
Well on the first page you posted your own answer.
Quote:
If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.
That and as it has been pointed out, Cutler progressed. DA didn't.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote