Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Deal For Jones-Drew

New Deal For Jones-Drew

"According to Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union, Jones-Drew has agreed to terms on a long-term extension with the team.

Per Wright, the deal is believed to pay Jones-Drew in the range of $8 million per year, with $20 million guaranteed."
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wow crazy money.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD is frigging amazing! I wonder if Keak sees a % of that
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Flippityskip91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good to see "Pocket Hercules" getting some love. I enjoy watching him beast on occasion.
Flippityskip91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best news of the offseason.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD really deserves it

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see him locked up for longer. Just looking at that Money and seeing he is 3rd Highest paid RB in the league behind Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson makes me wonder what Adrian Peterson is going to get when the vikings try to extend his contract..

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awwww hell yeah.

Now let's hope to God Gene Smith doesn't draft Beanie Wells.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ don't worry, most mocks have Sanchez at 8. ;)

Glad to see MJD getting paid. He always seems like a stand up guy. Let's see how he holds up in the true #1 role.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
^ don't worry, most mocks have Sanchez at 8. ;)

Glad to see MJD getting paid. He always seems like a stand up guy. Let's see how he holds up in the true #1 role.
The Jaguars.com lead guy has us taking Beanie Wells. He's usually right.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Good to see him locked up for longer. Just looking at that Money and seeing he is 3rd Highest paid RB in the league behind Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson makes me wonder what Adrian Peterson is going to get when the vikings try to extend his contract..
The good news is Peterson is signed to a 6-year deal so an extension isn't likely for a few seasons. That said, if Peterson keeps performing like he has and stays healthy, he's going to get the biggest runningback contract in history by a wide-margin. He's one of the few backs in today's NFL who you can build an offense around and he will single-handedly win you games.
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks god the falcons signed Turner to a long contract last off season

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a lot for a running back but I was expecting more TBH. It's always fun watching this guy play
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Jones-Drew, this seems like crazy money to me. I would have waited to see how he fares as the starter in '09 (only started 4 games to this point) and to see what if anything becomes of labor uncertainty in 2011.

The only reason I can think of doing this now is to meet the salary floor, which I didn't think was a problem for Jacksonville. Or if Jones-Drew was going to hold out for as long as possible until he did get a new deal, but I don't think he would have done that either.

Well, they've got him locked up. He's going to be the identity of their offense for next couple of years.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the extension. He's a great player and seems like a quality guy off the field.

And you just reminded me that LJ was the highest paid RB in the NFL. Thanks Carl Peterson!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it to bad. I can't wait till AP gets paid.

4 year extension for 32 million. That makes him the third or 4th highest paid.
Jackson, Johnson, Portis/Jones-Drew
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
MJD is frigging amazing! I wonder if Keak sees a % of that
oh he'll see it when MJD sleeps on his big pile 'o money

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Keak is in MJD's posse still.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm never a fan of giving a running back a big deal. Just looking at it historically no running back ever really lives up to a massive new deal. Look at Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ricky Williams, etc. Even last year Westbrook, SJax, and Barber got big deals and none of them played very well. If you want to look at guys in the $20 million range, you've got Kevan Barlow, Ahman Green in Houston, etc. I actually made a topic about this once.

Historically teams have also been able to find good running backs in later rounds of the draft or in free agency. You can build a pretty nice stable of running backs now for very cheap, and the benefit of that is that you're not putting all your eggs in one basket. Most of the successful NFL teams as far as rushing use a two-back approach - the only one I can think of in the top ten last year that didn't really go two backs was Washington with Portis.

Pittsburgh has Mendenhall and Parker, Dallas has Marion/Felix/Choice, New York had Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward, New England has Morris/Maroney/Faulk/Fast Fred, Baltimore has Rice/McGahee/McClain. That's the kind of rushing attack that's becoming popular in the NFL, and for good reason. If MJD gets hurt next year, they're screwed because they invested so much money in just him at running back that it's hard to have someone else there who can play.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I wish Indy would have picked MJD over Addai
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming this in in fact an extension as reported, and not a completely new deal, he'll actually be paid $32.8M plus $535K over the next 5 years as the last year of his rookie deal still exists.

So yes, the Jags will still have paid him $32.8M for 4 more years, assuming he plays out the contract (and he likely will).

But as their new starting runningback for the next 5 years, he's paid $6.667M per season on average.

And that's not going into scenarios like a backloaded last year or a pre-emptive roster bonus.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I wish Indy would have picked MJD over Addai
You have Mike Hart, which more than makes up for it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not looking forward to seeing him in the division for the next couple of years.

With MJD, Johnson, and Slaton, the AFCS has some speed at RB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, if this is the type of money a franchise back demands it'll be hard to keep DeAngelo in 2 years.

Good signing for all involved, now if only there was a team around him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess it's nice to get some cash before you're forced to carry an atrocious supporting cast.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote