Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm now completely against this because Im supersticious and the last time we didn't have a 1st rd pick we had the worst draft in the history of the Baltimore Ravens!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, im slightly against it as well, but if it were to happen, I wouldn't be THAT upset. Afterall, he will instantly be the best WR to ever wear a Ravens uni.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am for it, as long as it doesn't mess up our ability to re-sign Gaither/Ngata/Suggs and doesn't include Suggs in the deal. I am not completely educated on the financial structure of the team so I don't know if we'd have the space to get all that done or not, it seems like we wouldn't because I'd imagine all three of those players would be getting big deals and you'd have to add on a big deal for Boldin. But I think adding Boldin to our pre-existing roster would make us a super bowl caliber team.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure we don't have the cap space to take on Boldin's CURRENT contract in a trade, so we'd have to cut/trade somebody.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I'm pretty sure we don't have the cap space to take on Boldin's CURRENT contract in a trade, so we'd have to cut/trade somebody.
And like I said before I would rather have Suggs and draft a WR than to get Boldin and try to replace Suggs.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
And like I said before I would rather have Suggs and draft a WR than to get Boldin and try to replace Suggs.
We Taged Suggs Two Times! And never come to an Extension!!
We shouldn't forget about this.

But, our Defense lost this year great players, and i don't want to lose another one!

So, i like to have him in Baltimore, but if the Price is too much high, we should stay and Draft an WR in the 1st and get another Travis Taylor

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banetzdererste View Post
We Taged Suggs Two Times! And never come to an Extension!!
We shouldn't forget about this.

But, our Defense lost this year great players, and i don't want to lose another one!

So, i like to have him in Baltimore, but if the Price is too much high, we should stay and Draft an WR in the 1st and get another Travis Taylor
Or we can draft WR and get our first Randy Moss
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I'm now completely against this because Im supersticious and the last time we didn't have a 1st rd pick we had the worst draft in the history of the Baltimore Ravens!
That was a pretty awful draft..not to mention Ozzie has 2nd round disorder syndrome.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rice will break that!!!!

Also he has a pretty good history of picking at 26. Granted we only picked there once

Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Suggs sticking around with you guys after this season. Afterall, you've franchised him twice and haven't been able to come to an agreement on an extension. I think that indicates Suggs wants to hit the open market, and once he does that, he's gonna get a BIG contract.

I think you guys should definitely go after Boldin. There's no guarantee that anyone you draft does ****, but you know Boldin will put up all-pro numbers and vastly imrpove your offense.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd been on board for a trade. I understand that the contract is an issue but the Ravens are in a position to win now. I think a WR like Boldin would help push them over the top. Plus I'll take Boldin any day over Britt/DHB/Nicks/Harvin. If those guys hit their peak, they might be almost as good as Boldin. I just think he's too talented to pass up.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it has to be a on the clock trade. I am nervous it puts us in cap hell. But if he brings us to a superbowl it would be worth it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think Rice will break that!!!!

Also he has a pretty good history of picking at 26. Granted we only picked there once

hahaha i've never seen that picture.

I'm not a big fan of the trade, mostly because of Bolding making us break the bank for an almost 29 year old receiver who's always dinged up. I just don't see him putting up huge numbers in our offense.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'd been on board for a trade. I understand that the contract is an issue but the Ravens are in a position to win now. I think a WR like Boldin would help push them over the top. Plus I'll take Boldin any day over Britt/DHB/Nicks/Harvin. If those guys hit their peak, they might be almost as good as Boldin. I just think he's too talented to pass up.
Win now is not greater than keeping Ngata and Gaither in the future.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Win now is not greater than keeping Ngata and Gaither in the future.
I know 2010 could be uncapped but how much under the cap are they?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know 2010 could be uncapped but how much under the cap are they?
We are about 5 mil. under the cap as it is. I think we would have to trade somebody to get Boldin, or cut someone just before. Even if 2010 is uncapped, we would be ****** for when the cap comes back.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

just wondering can anyone explain how the uncapped capped stuff works?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, 105.7 radio is reporting that John Clayton says the Ravens are the front runners to get Boldin in a deal that involves Willis McGahee + draft pick (s).

Also from what I've read the talks started out with Suggs for Boldin straight up, but we turned that down, then the Cards offered Boldin for our 1st and 3rd, but this is the first time I've heard about Willis being included.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Apparently, 105.7 radio is reporting that John Clayton says the Ravens are the front runners to get Boldin in a deal that involves Willis McGahee + draft pick (s).

Also from what I've read the talks started out with Suggs for Boldin straight up, but we turned that down, then the Cards offered Boldin for our 1st and 3rd, but this is the first time I've heard about Willis being included.
Willis' huge contract might be an issue if it eats up a lot of space. Rice had better be ready to step up if that happens, but I'd be all for it.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Willis' huge contract might be an issue if it eats up a lot of space. Rice had better be ready to step up if that happens, but I'd be all for it.
Another rumor is our 1st and Todd Heap for Boldin. Fenikz (NFLDC user) said AZ radio stations are reporting a rumored deal involving Ray Rice as well. Whatever happens it looks like we are the front runners to land Boldin, if he goes anywhere that is.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Sounds good, On Madden 2009 i did the same!
Trade Willis and a 1st Round Pick to the Cardinals :D

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't see Suggs sticking around with you guys after this season. Afterall, you've franchised him twice and haven't been able to come to an agreement on an extension. I think that indicates Suggs wants to hit the open market, and once he does that, he's gonna get a BIG contract.

I think you guys should definitely go after Boldin. There's no guarantee that anyone you draft does ****, but you know Boldin will put up all-pro numbers and vastly imrpove your offense.
You clearly don't know much about the Ravens.. Suggs isn't leaving he wants to stay here and likes playing with Ray.

As for drafting I think of all the Teams in the NFL we draft better then any other Team. We get good value out of just about every pick we make.

I do agree we should be out to get Boldin but not at the expense of jeopardizing the future he is 29.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

If Willis is in the deal we are in good shape..and I think that would be a steal.. but it does mean we are drafting a RB early in the draft... Rice is good and Le'Ron is great but we need another home run hitter in the backfield...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Holy ****! Now that is a deal I could live with. Boldin's contract would kinda be close to what McGahee's is, and there fore it wouldn't affect what we do in the future so much. McGahee + a 2nd wouldn't be too bad.

I also could see the Heap deal going down. It almost seems like a perfect fit (he also went to ASU like Suggs) for both Heap and ARI. Heap's contract isn't quite at McGahee's level, but it would at least cancel out about half of Boldin's wants.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree jump all over that. McGahee and a 2nd. I doubt it happens but if it would work we gotta do that in a heart beat!!!!!