Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am betting the left side of uour OL looks:

Oher-Hangartner-Mack

I could see Unger getting swapped for Mack in which case Hangartner goes to C again.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stand corrected with what I said about Philly, this is a very good move...They better hurry and get a contract worked out, because a large reason Peters play was so poor is because he didn't come around until the regular season started.

If your shelling out 11 mil he better be in shape by September, but I like this move...Peters is much better then what they would of got with 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You are way underrating a motivated Peters' agility imo. It is better than Tra Thomas'.
There's a big difference when you add that word.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Stacy Andrews or Winston Justice I'd assume.
It's most likely going to be Stacey Andrews

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There's a big difference when you add that word.

obviously......and thats why I included it......
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Is Jean-Gilles any good? I kind of hoped the Bears drafted him the year he came out, but hadn't heard a lot about him since.
He looked great filling in for Shawn Andrews until he busted his ankle, and honestly, I think he should battle for the starting LG spot, and may win it if he is totally recovered.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He looked great filling in for Shawn Andrews until he busted his ankle, and honestly, I think he should battle for the starting LG spot, and may win it if he is totally recovered.
he was great coming out, I remember wanting the lions to draft him BADLY.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly overpaid. Peters struggled last year. He also has a bad attitude and wants a large contract.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
he was great coming out, I remember wanting the lions to draft him BADLY.
He is honestly one of my favorite players. He has great quickness considering his size, is strong as hell, mean as hell, and is damn good in space. If it wasn't for Shawn Andrews he'd have been starting at RG since his second year, if not earlier.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very disappointed by this personally, unless he can play more like he did in 2007 again.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

So I'm pretty pumped. We gave up our second first rounder, which sucks, but as someone said, we aren't going to get anyone better with the pick, so I'm happy about it. And we only give up a second day pick this year (a 4th I think) and a second day pick next year (probably a 5th or 4th). Once we get him his contract, this will be a monster OL. I'm very excited about this, and it is just another piece of evidence that might, key word, show that our offense is now willing to devote a little more time to the run. With our increased size in line, addition of a real FB, who also is a short yardage option to run, and a few other moves, this gives us Eagles fans hope that we will actually have a semi-balanced attack next year. Now all we need is that second RB...

Old 04-17-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I personally think this trade is pretty fair. We gave up a first, but get back a solid to elite LT. The cost seems about even to me.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I think this is great for both teams.

11. Aaron Maybin ???

28. Alex Mack

I am guessing that right about now.
We're going to need a tackle in the worst way.
Our reserve tackles are also our starting guards. Walker and Butler (the returning pieces) might have to do some shifting.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
We're going to need a tackle in the worst way.
Our reserve tackles are also our starting guards. Walker and Butler (the returning pieces) might have to do some shifting.
Trade your two first rounders for #3 and draft Monroe.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could stay put and take Oher.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Trade your two first rounders for #3 and draft Monroe.
However, the Bills have major needs at LT, C, DE, TE, and probably something else I'm missing. They've put themselves in a good position to take care of those needs.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate how people say Peters is a bad player just cuz he had a bad year last year.
so if Matt Ryan has an off year this year then hes bad?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i hate how people say Peters is a bad player just cuz he had a bad year last year.
so if Matt Ryan has an off year this year then hes bad?
actually yes :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
actually yes :D
lameeeeeeeeeeeee

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
lameeeeeeeeeeeee
i kid Matty ice for life!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher won't be there at 11, SF wants him. I think 4 OTs going in the top 10 means the Bills' OLine will be SOL.

And what's more is that having the 28th pick instead of the 21st means that they won't be able to get Pettigrew unless they spend the 11th pick on him or make a trade.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The longer I think about this trade, the more I like it...

Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we just need to draft Knowshon Moreno so we can focus on running the ball, because with Peters and Stacy Andrews at tackle, they'll be built to run the ball, they aren't the best pass protectors in the league.

Who am I kidding, Reid would still pass the ball 75% of the time.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Now we just need to draft Knowshon Moreno so we can focus on running the ball, because with Peters and Stacy Andrews at tackle, they'll be built to run the ball, they aren't the best pass protectors in the league.

Who am I kidding, Reid would still pass the ball 75% of the time.
Well maybe now we can approach a 60-40 pass-run ratio. I really think with the addition of Weaver this will allow us to run more. There is evidence the team has been trying to devote more time to running over the last few years, they just haven't had the best of luck with the guys they've chosen to help get that going.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Well maybe now we can approach a 60-40 pass-run ratio. I really think with the addition of Weaver this will allow us to run more. There is evidence the team has been trying to devote more time to running over the last few years, they just haven't had the best of luck with the guys they've chosen to help get that going.
Peters is a huuuge upgrade over Thomas in the run game, but he may be just as much of a downgrade in the pass game.