Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Oher won't be there at 11, SF wants him. I think 4 OTs going in the top 10 means the Bills' OLine will be SOL.
If they want him that bad I'm sure they could work out a deal with the Jags at #8 the don't need to panic and move up to the top five IMO.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Peters is a huuuge upgrade over Thomas in the run game, but he may be just as much of a downgrade in the pass game.
Not so, Peters in 07 was a monster, and if he can stay motivated, which he should here, especially with Juan Castillo. Expect a big year from him.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Petti is not making it past the Falcons.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Not so, Peters in 07 was a monster, and if he can stay motivated, which he should here, especially with Juan Castillo. Expect a big year from him.
It could be motivation, or it could be that he missed the entire off-season program, workouts, and pre-season, and strapped it up for the regular season in off-season form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShay is such a ******* idiot....

Kiper just got done saying about how the Eagles should use their remaining first on Pettigrew to be the blocker to go with the receiver in Celek "who we all know can catch," and then McShay says that they shouldn't take a blocking TE because they need a guy who can catch.....

Ugh.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Kiper just got done saying about how the Eagles should use their remaining first on Pettigrew to be the blocker to go with the receiver in Celek "who we all know can catch," and then McShay says that they shouldn't take a blocking TE because they need a guy who can catch.....

Ugh.
typical McShay
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not a huge Peters fan.

I think he should play LG.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Ugh.
I love Pettigrew, but with only one 1st rounder now, I'd much rather go after a RB.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I'm not a huge Peters fan.

I think he should play LG.
why? thats a ridiculously stupid statement. You dont put possibly the most gifted OT in the league at OG.....I would love to hear your evaluation.

btw, peters (so long as he shows last year wasnt just a blip) isnt a downgrade in any form to tra thomas........even if he plays like last year he is better imo.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
why? thats a ridiculously stupid statement. You dont put possibly the most gifted OT in the league at OG.....I would love to hear your evaluation.

btw, peters (so long as he shows last year wasnt just a blip) isnt a downgrade in any form to tra thomas........even if he plays like last year he is better imo.
I agree. Peters upside is that he could be the best LT in the game
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also.....dont assume the Bills are going OT early. The staff loves Demetrius Bell (who is insanely athletic and reminds me a lot of peters). He may be ready to step in at RT and Walker looked pretty solid at LT last year. I feel Langston Walker is pretty underrated.....I will admit I hated the huge contract we gave him, but he has been pretty sweet.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Also.....dont assume the Bills are going OT early. The staff loves Demetrius Bell (who is insanely athletic and reminds me a lot of peters). He may be ready to step in at RT and Walker looked pretty solid at LT last year. I feel Langston Walker is pretty underrated.....I will admit I hated the huge contract we gave him, but he has been pretty sweet.
When they drafted him I thought the same thing. Many smiliarities to Peters jsut a bit more raw. He is a project still at least one more year way but I liked him alot when they drafted him.
Quote:
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Most gifted OT in the league?

WHAT?

Not a chance.

I don't like Peters history with being lazy, unmotivated, and taking a whole year off (and holding out) because he couldn't get paid off of production for ONE season.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I agree. Peters upside is that he could be the best LT in the game
Peters upside is pro-bowl possibly all-pro. He is not a #1 LT in the game candidate.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peters upside is pro-bowl possibly all-pro. He is not a #1 LT in the game candidate.
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? All-Pro = #1 LT in the game.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
he was damn close 2 years ago.......and if you were getting one fourth of what you deserved in salary, I think you may have held out too.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? All-Pro = #1 LT in the game.
I think he has proven his vast knowledge........
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
he was damn close 2 years ago.......and if you were getting one fourth of what you deserved in salary, I think you may have held out too.
I might have held out, but I wouldn't take plays off when it mattered.

I wouldn't let my QB get sacked 12 times when it was like 1 1/2 times the year before.

Not showing a whole lot of leadership and team mentality.

I think I would also take Clady, Thomas, McNeil, J. Long, and Gaither probably before Peters.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
I left the door open by saying possibly, which means in the future.

You guys are annoiting him #1 LT in the present which he is not.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I might have held out, but I wouldn't take plays off when it mattered.

I wouldn't let my QB get sacked 12 times when it was like 1 1/2 times the year before.

Not showing a whole lot of leadership and team mentality.

I think I would also take Clady, Thomas, McNeil, J. Long, and Gaither probably before Peters.
Hold out leads to missing all offseason workouts.....chemistry is key for an OL....all that stuff adds up.....expecting him to be as good is crazy. Maybe he looked like he took plays off because he wasnt in football shape and was sucking wind.......he was playing pretty well towards the end of the year when he had practices under his belt.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

who said that?

and you also didnt leave the door open, you said he is not a #1 LT in the game candidate.

But this also brings me to your original argument, why the hell would u move a potential all pro to OG? Thats just dumb.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:

I'm not saying he is, I was just saying what you said sounded dumb because the all-pro at any position is usually the best player in the league at said position (that year). I think if he plays like he did in 07, he's a top 3 LT, if he plays like he did in 08, he might not even be top 10.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the previous comment that Oher won't last till 11. The Packers pick seems like a prime spot for someone to leapfrog San Fran and Buffalo for him. In my mock I had Washington doing so.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Jason Peters talk about him being the best LT in the league. . . .

Please don't give this forum THAT kind of reputation. Heck,
I'd even take a 3rd year guy like Joe Thomas over Peters any day of the week.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All this Jason Peters talk about him being the best LT in the league. . . .

Please don't give this forum THAT kind of reputation. Heck,
I'd even take a 3rd year guy like Joe Thomas over Peters any day of the week.
no one said that. i said he has the potential to be..but so don't 5-8 OTs
Quote: