Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
no one said that. i said he has the potential to be..but so don't 5-8 OTs
So what? You're still wrong. He doesn't have the potential to be the best in the league.

When players get traded, they steal the headlines and people go bezerk with overstating ridiculous comments. Don't be a sheep.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So what? You're still wrong. He doesn't have the potential to be the best in the league.

When players get traded, they steal the headlines and people go bezerk with overstating ridiculous comments. Don't be a sheep.
Actually I think he does have that potential if he regains his 2007 form and becomes more consistent and this and that then YES he has the potential to be it, so does Branden Albert, Joe thomas, Ryan Clady, jamall Brown, Jamaal barrows.

stop being a sheep ******
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like the trade. There's no way we should have given Peters $11+ a year so I applaud the deal.

On the other hand, this is what we are left with for the time being:

Chambers - McKinney - Hangartner - Butler - Walker

Yeah, that's the ultimate who the **** is that? o-line
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I think he does have that potential if he regains his 2007 form and becomes more conistant ye and this and this then YES he has the potential to be it, so does Branden Albert, Joe thomas, Ryan Clady, jamall Brown, Jamaal barrows, Jared Gaither.

Added one for ya ;).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peters Passes Physical

No turning back now.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

and I happen to think your wrong......the fact that I am saying it about the guy that just screwed over the Bills should speak to his talent level. He was a top 3 LT the season before last and that was only his 2nd year starting there.....
Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would bet very highly that Peters will return to form next season. His training camp was essentially the first 3-4 weeks of the season. He let up alot of sacks early, and regained his dominance by season end. There was a reason that he was selected to the Pro Bowl by the players. He's an elite LT.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I think he does have that potential if he regains his 2007 form and becomes more consistent and this and that then YES he has the potential to be it, so does Branden Albert, Joe thomas, Ryan Clady, jamall Brown, Jamaal barrows.

Lemme guess... you're gonna add at least 3-5 more "potentially best NFL LT" candidates to that list once the draft is over...

I mean potentially speaking, there are about 20 of them in college football today who didn't even enter the draft, right? ...and about 20 more on NFL practice squads and 40 more on starting rosters... Potentially speaking that is... :P
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

This is still a very big investment by the Eagles. Giving up a 1st, 4th and a late 2010 pick as well as pouring in $11+ a mil a year to Peters is huge.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lemme guess... you're gonna add at least 3-5 more "potentially best NFL LT" candidates to that list once the draft is over...

I mean potentially speaking, there are about 20 of them in college football today who didn't even enter the draft, right? ...and about 20 more on NFL practice squads and 40 more on starting rosters... Potentially speaking that is... :P
Was he or was he not a top 3 LT the year before last after only playing 2 years at the position? That why I feel his ceiling is much higher than the likes of a Joe Thomas who is closer to reaching his ceiling. But yes that potential number of number one overall lt's will grew exponentially per week.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bills want any sort of an offense in 2008, they're probably going to have to spend both 1st round picks on offensive linemen.

Oher and Mack would make a lot of sense.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Oher won't be there at 11, SF wants him. I think 4 OTs going in the top 10 means the Bills' OLine will be SOL.

And what's more is that having the 28th pick instead of the 21st means that they won't be able to get Pettigrew unless they spend the 11th pick on him or make a trade.
I agree... Oher could go anyway between 6 and 10... and all of the teams picking in that region would take a look at him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If the Bills want any sort of an offense in 2008, they're probably going to have to spend both 1st round picks on offensive linemen.

This all depends on if the Bills consider Kirk Chambers or Demetrius Bell starter-worthy at LT or LG. It's sad but they might...
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

How do Bills fans really feel about their QB situation? Do they believe that they have a QB that can get them a ring?

What about trading one of those picks for a QB? Brady Quinn? Or someone else? What about packaging the 2 picks to move up for Stafford or Sanchez?

I don't disagree though. If they keep those 2 picks, OL would be most wise.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
How do Bills fans really feel about their QB situation? Do they believe that they have a QB that can get them a ring?

What about trading one of those picks for a QB? Brady Quinn? Or someone else? What about packaging the 2 picks to move up for Stafford or Sanchez?

I like Trent Edwards but he is in the Jason Campbell tier of QB's, he won't be the type of Qb that will lead you the the promised land. They could make the jump...potentially speaking. :p
Quote:
Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Quinn is an upgrade over Edwards.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Edwards seems like the type of QB that can win a Super Bowl. He has looked fantastic at times but is obviously still progressing and has taken his lumps. What stands out with Edwards is his maturity and poise. I think he can become a top-tier QB (top 10) next season. I'm not sure he will ever be a guy who will take over a game but he I think he will become an above-average guy who can do more for you than just manage a game.

And D-Unit: you are crazy if you think the Bills would even consider trading for Brady Quinn or making a move for a QB. Dick Jauron and Ralph Wilson absolutely rave about Trent.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know one always feels you need to get a quarterback in house first, but I'm not sure many other parts of that team are worthy of getting them towards a ring either.

Edwards was worryingly inconsistent last year, but he wasn't flat out bad. I still think he can be a decent NFL starter, but the truth is that, without blockers, there's going to be no way to find out. Additionally, anyone else that the Bills bring in will face that same situation.

Buffalo won't have a passing game without pass blockers, whether it's led by Edwards or not. This is actually a pretty good offensive line draft, so I'd hold onto those picks and use them.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I know one always feels you need to get a quarterback in house first, but I'm not sure many other parts of that team are worthy of getting them towards a ring either.

Edwards was worryingly inconsistent last year, but he wasn't flat out bad. I still think he can be a decent NFL starter, but the truth is that, without blockers, there's going to be no way to find out. Additionally, anyone else that the Bills bring in will face that same situation.

Buffalo won't have a passing game without pass blockers, whether it's led by Edwards or not. This is actually a pretty good offensive line draft, so I'd hold onto those picks and use them.
Edwards has had some quarrels with offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. When we came off a short week and played the Chiefs, the gameplan was very simplified and Edwards constantly mentioned in interviews that he loved how simple it was. Obviously the Chiefs weren't very good but Edwards had one of his best games of the year.

The consistency really didn't worry me last year. He definitely progressed from his first year when he made some really bad throws at times. I think Edwards is primed for a breakout season.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

As for the Bills o-line, I'm not too worried about it actually. Kirk Chambers played surprisingly well at LT in his opportunities and the staff is extremely high on Demetrius Bell. These are obviously not household names but if they get the job done I'm not complaining.

Not to say that I think both of these guys will start. I still think we take a first round LT. However, I don't think the majority of people realize how awful the left side of our line was last season. Peters was bad the first few weeks of the year and Dockery was straight awful. We started off 4-0 despite this. Even though I bet the majority of people can not name two starters (maybe not even one?) on our current o-line, I for one am not overly concerned.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Is Jean-Gilles any good? I kind of hoped the Bears drafted him the year he came out, but hadn't heard a lot about him since.
Yes. He allowed 1 sack in 10 games started and his strength is run blocking. He would start on most teams in the NFL.

I'm not a fan just because Peters is a HUGE risk. UDFA TE out of Arkansas, played OK at RT, had 1 all pro year at LT and then he tanked. I am just REALLY unsure. But me being my homer self, I will probably be pimping him out in time. I just REALLY wanted the Eagles to have both first round picks.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yes. He allowed 1 sack in 10 games started and his strength is run blocking. He would start on most teams in the NFL.

I'm not a fan just because Peters is a HUGE risk. UDFA TE out of Arkansas, played OK at RT, had 1 all pro year at LT and then he tanked. I am just REALLY unsure. But me being my homer self, I will probably be pimping him out in time. I just REALLY wanted the Eagles to have both first round picks.
Peters played very well at RT. He had a great 07 and then missed all of training camp in 08. The first few weeks were essentially his training camp. He was dominant by the end of the year. You will be happy with him. Problem in Buffalo was the strained relationship from all the contract negotiations/promises plus I think releasing Dockery didn't go over well with him. Also the Bills are cheap by nature and couldn't justify making him the highest paid LT in the league when he wasn't a team player.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hope the Bills use the 4th rounder they acquired to go after Brian Waters. Roscoe Parrish and the 4th for Waters sounds good to me.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad peters is gone, now he won't go to the pro bowl over Clady for no apparent reason.

Good deal for both sides, I think a better deal for the Bills, mostly because they didn't want to pay the 11 mil. Better to get a first rounder now than get nothing for him later.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move for both parties. Bills were going to trade Peters, and Peters wanted to go, so this trade had to be done, they got very good value for him. They can go after one of those tackles at 11. For the Eagles, they get one of the big linemen that Andy Reid likes. Peters is also relatively young, so if he could regain his form, he will make a good bodyguard for McNabb and Kolb. Now they can address their other needs.