Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: What is Darrell Jackson worth?
1st rounder 1 4.17%
2nd rounder 6 25.00%
3rd rounder 12 50.00%
4th rounder 5 20.83%
5th rounder 0 0%
other, explain 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What is Derrell Jackson worth?

Id say a late 3rd or 4th round pick. I already posted this in the discussion thread, but i like what the jets and bears did, we could swap 2nd rounders with seattle to get Jackson and that would put jackson as a mid-late 3rd round pick which is fine with me
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's worth a high 2nd to us ...and probably a low 2nd /3rd to most of the rest of the league....disgruntled WR's don't command very much because there's no guarentee that their "new team" will make them happy either.
Just ask Denver and Dre' Bly.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd give up a late 1st- early second. I think people underrate him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way id give up a first for him or a early second a late second or early third would be the most i offer
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give a second rounder for him. Jackson is underrated in my opinion. He has had 3 seasons over 1,000 yards, and he almost reached it last year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt give up much at all. Disgruntled guys from other teams are not what we need. Joe Horn would have been perfect for us. DJ would be a good pickup for a 5th rounder.

I also wouldnt mind the old draft pick swap. Moving down and picking up a good WR is a nice idea.
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A third would be without question the most i give for him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
A third would be without question the most i give for him.
I agree. He doesn't have the most reliable hands, he'd be a good fit here. ;)
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

His hands are fine, he's got great speed and he is a lower top tier WR.
He'd probably put up 60 catches and 8td's.

His only question mark(to me) is durability.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

We wont trade him for less than a first day pick

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Id do a 3rd for him which is first day so.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
I'm sorry Tubby but you can't make a statement like that unless you actually work for the Seahawks. You can say you don't think, or you don't feel, or you believe...but don't state your opinion as fact.
(I'm the only one allowed to do that on here ..lol)
Old 03-10-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's fine. I'd give up a third or fourth for him easily. If we got him, I think we could look at something other than a reciever with our second round pick, and maybe get a reciever with the 3rd or 4th (whichever one we don't trade).
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea having him would open up a lot of options come draft day
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

actually I disagree, i think we still take a guy like Jason Hill in the 2nd round, how much better would that make our WR core?

Darrell Jackson
Jason Hill
Bobby Wade
Troy Williamson

id actually be fairly excited about that group....
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Jason Hill to me is a 3rd rounder...he ,Aundrae Allison, and Craig Davis are my top 3 guys in the 3rd if we go.... Landry / Quinn / Okoye in the first and then Anthony Spencer / an OT in the 2nd.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I think he's worth a third round pick. He isn't an elite wide receiver, but he's a very solid one. When healthy, he'll get you 1,000+ yards receiving.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
actually I disagree, i think we still take a guy like Jason Hill in the 2nd round, how much better would that make our WR core?

Darrell Jackson
Jason Hill
Bobby Wade
Troy Williamson

id actually be fairly excited about that group....
Your receiving core sucks. You have two first rounders in Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor and they still can't get the job done. You also had another first rounder in Koren Robinson and he couldn't overcome his alcoholism.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Travis Taylor is an UFA who most likely won't be resigned. Koren
Robinson for us was everything we asked of him (he was an All Pro kick returner) and wasn't our 1st round pick (we got him from Seattle).

However I agree with the "your WR corp sucks" comment....of course
pointing out the glaring obvious isn't that hard to do.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
Id say a late 3rd or 4th round pick. I already posted this in the discussion thread, but i like what the jets and bears did, we could swap 2nd rounders with seattle to get Jackson and that would put jackson as a mid-late 3rd round pick which is fine with me
I'd give a 3rd ideally, but swapping 2nds isn't bad at all.. because we're likely gonna take a WR with the 2nd pick anyway.

Jackson should give us at least 2-3 years, and we have a few drafts to replenish WR.