Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Brent was just arrested for a DUI, is suspended, and barely on the team right now.

Marvin Austin >> Josh Brent.

And Martez would be best utilized in a 3-4 scheme. Not in the 4-3 like the Bears run.

Give the Bears Austin w/ the first round pick they don't have.

Okay but other than that Brent has no character issues. He's a good guy. Also, he is very much on the team. I hope you don't believe that he isn't. He's going to go in the first round when he comes out simply because DT's are hard to find even on the NFL level and Brent is among the best. If people actually watch him play, they'll see. Also, I wouldn't be so set on Austin being better than Brent. He is, but not by much. Not by much at all...
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Martez Wilson would need an absolute stellar year to crack the first round. He has been a huge bust thus far.

Benn is the only first rounder on Illinois right now.

Nope you're wrong...there are several potential first rounders and if we're talking past the 2010 draft, there's definitely more than Benn that's going to go in the first round.

Also regarding Tez, he hasn't been a huge bust. He's been average and shown a lot of flashes. People forget to realize that he was very raw coming out of HS. He is growing more comfortable at LB and he's actually going to be playing MLB, giving him more versatility when he comes out. He could be a first rounder even with a good season because of his measurables alone. Martez is going to shock people this year though. Just watch...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
I agree he's a tremendous athlete but that alone may not be enough for a round 1 selection. There's a reason why Sergio Kindle is being looked at as a possible top 10 selection right now and Martez isn't when both a freak athletes.

Connor Barwin also had a very good season season this year.

That's because if Tez was being used as Kindle is, then Tez would be right there. At Illinois, he has had to play LB. They haven't had the luxury of making him rush the passer most of the time.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
That's because if Tez was being used as Kindle is, then Tez would be right there. At Illinois, he has had to play LB. They haven't had the luxury of making him rush the passer most of the time.
Kindle is a LB as well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's going to go in the first round when he comes out
Stop it, just stop. We've seen far too many of your homer predictions fall way short.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Give the Eagles Brandon Graham ahead of Damian Williams. I love Williams, but the Eagles won't need to go WR in the first two rounds in three straight years.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew. You gave us a corner in the first and a midget WR in the second. Terrible.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Kindle is a LB as well.
But he's used more as a rush LB and I think (I may be wrong though) he will be more of a DE like Orakpo this year.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Stop it, just stop. We've seen far too many of your homer predictions fall way short.
Wins yes....and that was affected by injuries and such. The recruiting predictions? That was affected by the losses (From the season and the coaching changes). The whole year was just a disappointment. They'll bounce back this year.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

You heard it here first, Ryan Mallet a top ten pick next year. Kid is going to fly up the boards.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
You heard it here first, Ryan Mallet a top ten pick next year. Kid is going to fly up the boards.
Oh dear God, what a jokester you are. 44% accuracy and we're calling top ten picks? Fabulous.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Oh dear God, what a jokester you are. 44% accuracy and we're calling top ten picks? Fabulous.
6'6" QB who throws the ball 80 yards. Scouts will fall in love with him and call him the real next Flacco. This is coming from a person who really doesn't give a heck about ARK, just love Mallet's arm strength. Petrino will get him ready.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
6'6" QB who throws the ball 80 yards. Scouts will fall in love with him and call him the real next Flacco. This is coming from a person who really doesn't give a heck about ARK, just love Mallet's arm strength. Petrino will get him ready.
Flacco has at least showed some accuracy. Mallett was throwing to two NFL WRs at Michigan and still only completed 43.5%. The reason for that is because he treats everything like a deep bomb. Fly route to Manningham? Throw it as hard as you can. Screen pass to Mike Hart? Again, throw as hard as possible. Pass to the corner that needs touch? Bomb that *****, dammit. Right now, his potential is a rich man's Rex Grossman.

And he's 6'7".
Old 04-29-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

He was a frosh though at that time. My guess is that he has improved a lot over the last year and a half.

I can just see Mallett lighting it up under Petrino this season. I remember when we were all debating whether the 49ers should choose Leinart or Brohm #1. Soon as Petrino left, Brohm basically bombed as did his draft stock.

Petrino could end up having the same type of impact on Mallett.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:08 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay but other than that Brent has no character issues. He's a good guy. Also, he is very much on the team. I hope you don't believe that he isn't. He's going to go in the first round when he comes out simply because DT's are hard to find even on the NFL level and Brent is among the best. If people actually watch him play, they'll see. Also, I wouldn't be so set on Austin being better than Brent. He is, but not by much. Not by much at all...
Brent was "suspended" from the team last year. I think you know why.

I agree overall he's a good guy who has gone through some rough times, but he is one mistake away from being booted and on a very tight leash.

After Erique Robertson thought it was a good idea to blow off rounds outside of Ellusion's it pissed off a lot of people within the program and made Zook look really bad.

You better believe Brent is on a thin leash and that is what I meant by barely on the team right now.

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 04-29-2009 at 04:12 AM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flacco has at least showed some accuracy. Mallett was throwing to two NFL WRs at Michigan and still only completed 43.5%. The reason for that is because he treats everything like a deep bomb. Fly route to Manningham? Throw it as hard as you can. Screen pass to Mike Hart? Again, throw as hard as possible. Pass to the corner that needs touch? Bomb that *****, dammit. Right now, his potential is a rich man's Rex Grossman.

And he's 6'7".
I almost forgot how bad Mallet was his freshman year. That seems like ages ago.

I guess that happens when you put Threet & Sheridan on the field for a year.. No offense, of course.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I almost forgot how bad Mallet was his freshman year. That seems like ages ago.

I guess that happens when you put Threet & Sheridan on the field for a year.. No offense, of course.
None taken. I don't have to see either of those guys play for Michigan again, so that's nice.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Brent was "suspended" from the team last year. I think you know why.

I agree overall he's a good guy who has gone through some rough times, but he is one mistake away from being booted and on a very tight leash.

After Erique Robertson thought it was a good idea to blow off rounds outside of Ellusion's it pissed off a lot of people within the program and made Zook look really bad.

You better believe Brent is on a thin leash and that is what I meant by barely on the team right now.

Yeah I know...yeah he is one mistake away but I don't think he'll make that mistake. As far as barely on the team, if that's the way you're viewing it then yeah, he's barely on the team....and I completely forgot about Erique Robertson to this point. I wonder where he is now...and thinking about that just made me think about Derrick McPhearson...that dude would've been good if he wasn't stealing from people.