Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
All the Chiefs homerism in this thread makes me want to vomit.
What homerism. I said that I would be very pleased if thye went 7-9, I think 5-11 is realistic but so is 7-9.
Quote:
Cassell is still a huge question mark and saying he is a clutch QB after one season is ridiculous. If he comes back with a solid year, sure, you can say that, but saying you have a QB because of one season in a QB friendly system is just down right ridiculous.
no one has said he will be an all pro this year. he was one of the most sacked qb's last year btw due to ****** o line, lack of experience. he can only get better i think.
Quote:
Inconsistent running game without Larry Johnson, who has been injured the past 2 years now.
once again no one said he would be a top 5-10 RB in the game

Quote:
If they trade Tony Gonzalez, they will have 1 valid receiving threat in Dwayne Bowe.
Have they traded him yet? He is still on the team and Bowe and Gonzo were one of the best tandems yards and receptions wise last year on such a ****** team. For now he is still on the team

Quote:
Who the heck our their tackles going to be?
Branden Albert has a bright future he is a stud LT. They have Waters and Goff and some other jamokes. Their o line is not great but can only get better.
Quote:
Defense has a ton of question marks, similar to the Broncos defensive question marks to be honest.
They have a young defense that had no sakcs..no one said they would be the Ravens D this year

Quote:
New coaching, new philosophy.
Better coaching, better philosophy, new regime

So what were you saying? No one has said that they will be 11-5. They were 2-14 with 10 loses within 10 points last year. I think they lost on the last drive in 4 games. So i think the change of philosophy and regime and some better coaching and a solid draft gets them another 4-6 wins. But it's to hard to tell right now and too early..but no one has said that they will be 16-0.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
What homerism. I said that I would be very pleased if thye went 7-9, I think 5-11 is realistic but so is 7-9.

no one has said he will be an all pro this year. he was one of the most sacked qb's last year btw due to ****** o line, lack of experience. he can only get better i think.

once again no one said he would be a top 5-10 RB in the game

Have they traded him yet? He is still on the team and Bowe and Gonzo were one of the best tandems yards and receptions wise last year on such a ****** team. For now he is still on the team

Branden Albert has a bright future he is a stud LT. They have Waters and Goff and some other jamokes. Their o line is not great but can only get better.

They have a young defense that had no sakcs..no one said they would be the Ravens D this year

Better coaching, better philosophy, new regime

So what were you saying? No one has said that they will be 11-5. They were 2-14 with 10 loses within 10 points last year. I think they lost on the last drive in 4 games. So i think the change of philosophy and regime and some better coaching and a solid draft gets them another 4-6 wins. But it's to hard to tell right now and too early..but no one has said that they will be 16-0.

All I have to say is that you can't really predict how difficult the transition to a new D is going to be, not to mention a new quarterback and coach.

PLUS the player they get at #3 this year is going to be a big part of the Chiefs season one way or another. I do think the Chiefs future is very bright but think they maaaaaay just be in for a tough year this year. What's up with abandoning Glenn Dorsey's future?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I was responding to these quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf_2108 View Post
I think Cassel will be even better than he was last year. When people talk about him, they act like what he did with the pats was his ceiling. This guy is a Brady clone and works his tail off and prepares harder than anyone. He will get better: people forget, he was effectively a rookie last year.

My faith in the chiefs is based on my faith in Cassel, obviously they have a tough schedule but the difference between Wins and Losses in the NFL is when you have a poised, confident quarterback who can get you that crucial 3rd down conversion in the 4th quarter, and cassel can do that. So many NFL games are decided by one crucial play at the end of the game. The NFL has more parity than you think and the Chiefs will be able to compete with the likes of Baltimore, SD, and similar Sub-Elite teams. They might lay some eggs along the way but I think 8-8 is definitely a reasonable goal, and that might be enough to win the AFC west.

They're gonna be able to get a Franchise LT at #3, and paired with Brandon Albert, Gonzo, Bowe, and LJ (assuming he gets his head on straight), even without Boldin, that offense is gonna click.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with #3, unless someteam falls in love with Sanchez and doesn't think he'll make it past 4, I don't see them being able to trade that pick. I think they have to go OT because of the contract size for a #3, which I think will be a good value/need pick for the chiefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Chiefs have a lot more talent on their roster than people realize. They have systems in-place to make the best possible use of that talent, and they have a whole draft to get even better. I reserve my official prediction on their record until after the draft, but the Chiefs are going to win a lot of games this year...at least 8.
that is homerism IMO.

Quote:
Can't really say that about Albert, just like as much as I want to say Ryan Clady is going to be a stud LT, its still unknown after 1 year.
And I was referring to if Albert would be LT, and who would be RT because Albert is listed as an OG on the site.

Quote:
I was saying some Chief fans have their red and yellow glasses on thinking this team is going to click on offense right away and win 8+ this year.
A lot hinges on potential and future events, and thats just unknown.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote