Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rival Draft Class

Just an some what interesting idea that came to me while reading the thread about the lions possibly taking Aaron Curry #1. As a fan of a rival team in the same division what would be your ideal first day for each of the other teams? Then to make it more interesting what would be the first day you would not like to see them have?

I think it will be interesting to see what some of the rivals are hoping will happen to the other teams. But I am much more interested in seeing what situation would the rival fans would really not like to see happen.

Do as many rounds as you would like but please try to atleast do the first 2. Also lets try to keep this realistic with the Ideal situations try to chose guys that actually have a realistic possibility of being selected. I don't want to see the Vikings drafting Chris "beanie" Wells in round 1, the Packers drafting Mark Sanchez in round 1, the Bears drafting Rhett Bomar in round 2, and as tempting as it may seem, please don't give the Lions Michael Crabtree at #1, etc.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is mine...

Ideal

Detroit Lions
1(1)Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
1(20)Brandon Pettigrew TE OK St.
2(33)Ron Brace DT Boston College

This for me would be ideal to see the lions draft on the first day. While I think Aaron Curry is going to be a very good NFL LB the reasoning behind him over Stafford, Smith or Monroe is simple. A great LB is not going to make the impact that a great LT will and not even close to the impact that a great QB would make. As for Pettigrew the reasoning is pretty similar I think he will be a decent player but he isn't going to be anything special at TE IMO. Ron Brace I just don't like him much as a prospect I feel he is overrated. I would hope the need at DT would have them take him there Instead a DE that could be available at #33 like Michael Johnson or Larry English.

Chicago Bears
2(49)Derrick Williams WR Penn St.

This one was pretty simple actually because I don't like most of the 2nd round WR prospects, so I would hope they get one of the ones I don't like.

Green Bay Packers
1(9)Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.
2(41)Ron Brace DT Boston College

The reason for me this would be ideal is that Aaron Maybin is raw.He may become a good player but I think it would be a few years before the packers would see results from him. I really wouldn't mind it much if they got Orakpo neither as I don't see him translating into a great 3-4 OLB. As for Ron Brace same as with the lions just don't like the guy as a prospect.

Non Ideal

Detroit Lions
1(1)Matt Stafford QB Georgia
1(20)Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
2(33)James Laurinitas ILB OSU
3(65)Victor "Macho" Harris CB Virginia Tech
3(82)Chase Coffman TE Missouri/Cornelius Ignram TE Florida

I couldn't resist adding 3rd rounders here but this is definatly not what I would want to see from the lions. They get a franchise QB, a good starting DE, a very good MLB(I think he is going to be the 2nd best LB from this class), a Underated CB prospect, and a good pass catching TE for the new franchise QB. The only thing that I would like about this is that it wouldn't get them a guy for LT. But with this calls and a good LT in free agency or in next years draft I would feel the lions could turn it around pretty quickly

Chicago Bears
2(49)Brian Robiskie WR OSU

Again this is pretty simple, I don't like most of the WR prospects that have some chance to make it to #51. However Robiskie is not one of those I really like this guy he won't be a true #1 WR but I feel he will make a good starting WR in this league for many years. I am not sold he will make it there but I feel there is a chance he will.

Green Bay Packers
1(9)BJ Raji DT Boston College
2(41)Larry English DE/OLB Northern Illinois

This one I would really not like to see 2 very good players at key parts of the new 3-4 scheme. BJ Raji I feel will make a excellent NT in the NFL I can only hope he won't be plugging Adrain Peterson's run lanes. Aswell I think Larry English will make a very good 3-4 OLB. The biggest thing for me that makes this sooo much worse than the other option I providing for Green Bay is that I feel there is a big drop off BJ Raji to Ron Brace. Where as I don't think the drop off from Aaron Maybin/Brian Orakpo to Larry Englilsh is that huge at all.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-19-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Bears had #49
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the bears have #45

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideal Lions Draft
1.Smith - Not getting stafford is good enough for me
20.Percy Harvin - I had to do it. . .
33.Josh Freeman

Non-ideal Lions Draft
1. Matt Stafford
20.Michael Oher
33.Alphonso Smith

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Here is mine...

Green Bay Packers
1(9)BJ Raji DT Boston College
2(41)Larry English DE/OLB Northern Illinois

This one I would really not like to see 2 very good players at key parts of the new 3-4 scheme. BJ Raji I feel will make a excellent NT in the NFL I can only hope he won't be plugging Adrain Peterson's run lanes. Aswell I think Larry English will make a very good 3-4 OLB. The biggest thing for me that makes this sooo much worse than the other option I providing for Green Bay is that I feel there is a big drop off BJ Raji to Ron Brace. Where as I don't think the drop off from Aaron Maybin/Brian Orakpo to Larry Englilsh is that huge at all.
Instead of English how about Matthews? :D

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote