Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Boldin is better than all those guys you just listed.
Reggie Wayne?

I wouldn't say Boldin is better than Wayne. Pretty equal if you ask me.

And I know this same argument can be applied to Wayne up until last year, but why not wait and see what Boldin can do when he isn't being covered by the #2 corner every game?

Fitz draws the #1 corner the majority of the time. If he is matched up on the 2, it comes with safety help.

Let's see Boldin as the featured guy and lets see him stay healthy.

I love him, but HOF is special... It's kind of a joke to be mentioning any receivers as HOFers unless it's T.O. or Moss.

If Football ended tomorrow, who would be HOF worthy at the position? Only Moss and T.O. IMO.

What if Boldin has a bunch of injury plagued seasons from here on out? You never know what could happen.

Last edited by Burns336 : 04-19-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Reggie Wayne?

I wouldn't say Boldin is better than Wayne. Pretty equal if you ask me.

And I know this same argument can be applied to Wayne up until last year, but why not wait and see what Boldin can do when he isn't being covered by the #2 corner every game?

Fitz draws the #1 corner the majority of the time. If he is matched up on the 2, it comes with safety help.

Let's see Boldin as the featured guy and lets see him stay healthy.

I love him, but HOF is special... It's kind of a joke to be mentioning any receivers as HOFers unless it's T.O. or Moss.

If Football ended tomorrow, who would be HOF worthy at the position? Only Moss and T.O. IMO.

What if Boldin has a bunch of injury plagued seasons from here on out? You never know what could happen.
I have to think that Marvin Harrison will get in as well.
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, this guy is young. Right now? Hell no. Can I see him having a HoF career when it's all said and done? Yeah. Is that for sure? Not at all.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highagain View Post
I have to think that Marvin Harrison will get in as well.
Yes, I forgot Marvin somehow haha..

I'm just saying -- no one would put Q on the same level as Owens, Moss, or Harrison. So if his career ended tomorrow, would he be in the HOF? Hell no.

It's beyond me how anyone can answer yes to this question. They would be going off of projections alone because he certainly hasn't qualified as a hof receiver yet.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wayne is a #1 WR, Boldin(for now) is still a #2.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
APS is saying that cause he wants to look good for trading for him in the forum mock
Here's your answer right here...
Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
up until this year Boldin was always considered the #1 WR, he faced and destroyed a lot of top cover corners

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Wayne is a #1 WR, Boldin(for now) is still a #2.
I'd like to know how a guy who averaged 7.4 receptions per game/ 86.5 receiving yards per game/ and .91 touchdowns per game is a number two.

And he did it on the same team as Larry Fitzgerald, outproducing him while healthy.

Really, the only knock on Boldin are the injury concerns. Over a full season he averages 100 receptions/ 1,299 receiving yards/ 8 touchdowns. Very, very few receivers are as productive as him when healthy. And the touchdown numbers have only improved since he got a quality NFL quarterback throwing to him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's to early to tell until his career is over. Way to early.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point in time, he's not even close... Neither is Adrian Peterson. Peterson has a good shot at being HoF, but I don't think Boldin has a huge shot.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love Boldin and the way he plays the game. He's a monster.

With that said, these threads creep up a lot throughout the year and the answer is almost the same, not yet. If he continues to produce I think you can potentially make a case for it SOMEDAY, but talk about that as he's ending his career, not when he's in the prime of it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm genetically bound to agree with APS.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now of course he isn't. You can't even really discuss this until around 2013.

Stats-wise he doesn't seem strong enough to me, but he still has plenty of time.

THROUGH SIX SEASONS:

Boldin
502 rec
6496 yards
40 TDs

M Harrison
522 rec
6967 yards
62 TDs

R Moss
525 rec
8375 yards
77 TDs

T Owens
412 rec
6170 yards
59 TDs

To me the only two on that list that are likely HOFers are Harrison and Moss.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Right now of course he isn't. You can't even really discuss this until around 2013.

Stats-wise he doesn't seem strong enough to me, but he still has plenty of time.

THROUGH SIX SEASONS:

Boldin
502 rec
6496 yards
40 TDs

M Harrison
522 rec
6967 yards
62 TDs

R Moss
525 rec
8375 yards
77 TDs

T Owens
412 rec
6170 yards
59 TDs

an again who were throwing to these guys during their career?
Moss had Cunningham, Culpepper an Brady (an Cassel).
Marvin had Manning.
Owens had Young, Garcia, McNabb an even Romo
Boldin had Kurt for one good season..

im not saying Boldin is worth HOF status an that the other WR's are ****** but in my mind you gotta take their QB situation into consideration

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
an again who were throwing to these guys during their career?
Moss had Cunningham, Culpepper an Brady (an Cassel).
Marvin had Manning.
Owens had Young, Garcia, McNabb an even Romo
Boldin had Kurt for one good season..

im not saying Boldin is worth HOF status an that the other WR's are ****** but in my mind you gotta take their QB situation into consideration
Then it's in your mind only. There are plenty of talented WRs through the years that haven't been able to produce because the guy throwing the ball wasn't on his level. Those guys aren't in the HOF. Voters aren't going to weight the QB throwing to the receiver as heavily as you are. It is damn hard to get into the football HOF, and from what Boldin has done so far, I don't think he will make it unless his production goes up some and he has some post-season heroics. A ring would also help.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

No, not a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well apparently this thread was started because of my claims, so let me weigh in. Obviously when I said it, I didnt mean if Boldin stopped playing right now, he ends up in the hall. Anyone who took it that way is clearly ********, because it makes no sense.

That said, if he continues to play in the way that he has, I see no reason why he wont get into the HoF one day. He is something like the youngest player to 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 career receptions, so say what you want about his injury history, but hes still producing at a rapid pace. He is a great player with great numbers, and I think that whether he leaves Arizona or not, he ends up in the Hall one day. Of course, no one can predict the future, but if he keeps going like his is, why wouldnt he be a HoF?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then it's in your mind only. There are plenty of talented WRs through the years that haven't been able to produce because the guy throwing the ball wasn't on his level. Those guys aren't in the HOF. Voters aren't going to weight the QB throwing to the receiver as heavily as you are. It is damn hard to get into the football HOF, and from what Boldin has done so far, I don't think he will make it unless his production goes up some and he has some post-season heroics. A ring would also help.
obviously you didnt read my last post..
i said i wasnt saying Boldin was a HOFer right now. He has played way less seasons then Moss, Harrison an TO did so obviously their resume is gonna be better.

EDIT: an saying "There are plenty of talented WR's through the years that haven't been able to produce because the guy throwing the ball wasn't on his level" has nothign to do with this, you jus proved my point basically. I said Boldin still produced great numbers even when he had bad QB's

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Last edited by SimonRath : 04-20-2009 at 10:36 AM.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
obviously you didnt read my last post..
i said i wasnt saying Boldin was a HOFer right now. He has played way less seasons then Moss, Harrison an TO did so obviously their resume is gonna be better.
Then what is your point? This is a discussion on whether or not Boldin is HOF material. You keep saying "He isn't yet BUT..." like the QBs throwing to him have anything to do with whether or not he will be in the HOF one day.

Their resumes at 6 years along are all better than his. Moss' and Harrison's are significantly better. And IMO Owens will not go to the HOF.

Quote:
EDIT: an saying "There are plenty of talented WR's through the years that haven't been able to produce because the guy throwing the ball wasn't on his level" has nothign to do with this, you jus proved my point basically. I said Boldin still produced great numbers even when he had bad QB's
I can't prove your point if you don't have one. Yes Boldin has done well. No one is saying "Boldin plays like ****". But if he continues to play as he has he will not get into the HOF.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well apparently this thread was started because of my claims, so let me weigh in. Obviously when I said it, I didnt mean if Boldin stopped playing right now, he ends up in the hall. Anyone who took it that way is clearly ********, because it makes no sense.

That said, if he continues to play in the way that he has, I see no reason why he wont get into the HoF one day. He is something like the youngest player to 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 career receptions, so say what you want about his injury history, but hes still producing at a rapid pace. He is a great player with great numbers, and I think that whether he leaves Arizona or not, he ends up in the Hall one day. Of course, no one can predict the future, but if he keeps going like his is, why wouldnt he be a HoF?
He wouldn't be because the only two "sure-fire" HOFers in the league right now, Harrison and Moss, had more receptions, significantly more yards, and a ton more TDs than Boldin at the same points in their respective careers. And like it or not those things count a lot when it comes to HOF voting.

There is no proof that Boldin won't pick up the pace, he is still young. But if his pace is steady, based on his first 6 years he won't be in the HOF.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boldin a HoF? Not now!!!

Fitzgerald could be a Future HoF!
If Boldin could get a Team where he is the Nr. 1 Receiver, he could play more of his potential!

I Hope he comes to the Ravens! I would love this.
Develop with Flacco and he could get very far for the second half of his carrer!

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

THROUGH SIX SEASONS:

Boldin
502 rec
6496 yards
40 TDs

M Harrison
522 rec
6967 yards
62 TDs

R Moss
525 rec
8375 yards
77 TDs

T Owens
412 rec
6170 yards
59 TDs

And Torry Holt's numbers were better then a few of those guys in his first 6 years as well, not sure if he's a HOF but if he can manage to play a few more years he may be up for consideration:

517 catches
8156 yards
45 TDs

Boldin is FAR away from HOF discussions, Art Monk had over 12,000 yards and was struggling to make it in, HOFers do it for careers, not 6 year spans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

THROUGH SIX SEASONS:

Boldin
502 rec
6496 yards
40 TDs

M Harrison
522 rec
6967 yards
62 TDs

R Moss
525 rec
8375 yards
77 TDs

T Owens
412 rec
6170 yards
59 TDs

If you don't consider Owens a HoFer then please rethink your career. Owens is going to end up with over 1,000 catches, 15,000+ yards and most likely 150+ TD catches in his career. He probably will end up with better numbers than Harrison when its all said and done.

Now, as for Boldin, we are going to see a lot of WR's coming up here with pretty good resumes. Some won't get in though. Reggie Wayne probably will end up with some pretty good numbers, but I don't think he will get in.
Torry Holt is another guy with impressive numbers, and I thought he'd be a lock, but right now I'm not so sure.
Isaac Bruce is another interesting player too, he has 1,000 receptions, will have 15,000 yards and possibly 100 TD catches. However, he probably is on the borderline.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaac Bruce is gonna make it, i mean he is 2nd all time in receptions

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
If you don't consider Owens a HoFer then please rethink your career. Owens is going to end up with over 1,000 catches, 15,000+ yards and most likely 150+ TD catches in his career. He probably will end up with better numbers than Harrison when its all said and done.
I looked at his numbers again and he does have a ton of TDs. If he passes 15,000 yards (which barring a big injury it looks like he will) then he has a better shot than I gave him credit for. I wouldn't call it a lock but he is right there with Harrison and Moss.

Quote:
Now, as for Boldin, we are going to see a lot of WR's coming up here with pretty good resumes. Some won't get in though. Reggie Wayne probably will end up with some pretty good numbers, but I don't think he will get in.
Torry Holt is another guy with impressive numbers, and I thought he'd be a lock, but right now I'm not so sure.
Isaac Bruce is another interesting player too, he has 1,000 receptions, will have 15,000 yards and possibly 100 TD catches. However, he probably is on the borderline.
To me all the guys you listed are not HOF-worthy yet. Boldin and to a lesser-extent Wayne still have time to increase their production, maybe get a ring (or a 2nd in Wayne's case) and some big post-season plays. For for Holt I think it's too late. Bruce is on the bubble between HOF and a guy who has been good-to-great for a long time.

i done stole dis sig