Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
Isaac Bruce is gonna make it, i mean he is 2nd all time in receptions
I think he's 4th. Rice, Harrison, Carter, then Bruce. Or do you mean 2nd all time of currently-active WRs?

edit: He's 5th.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 04-20-2009 at 12:42 PM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mhm i somehow remembered he was 2nd

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's harrison.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I looked at his numbers again and he does have a ton of TDs. If he passes 15,000 yards (which barring a big injury it looks like he will) then he has a better shot than I gave him credit for. I wouldn't call it a lock but he is right there with Harrison and Moss.

To me all the guys you listed are not HOF-worthy yet. Boldin and to a lesser-extent Wayne still have time to increase their production, maybe get a ring (or a 2nd in Wayne's case) and some big post-season plays. For for Holt I think it's too late. Bruce is on the bubble between HOF and a guy who has been good-to-great for a long time.
Dude, T.O. is 2nd in TD receptions only behind Rice and is one of the top TD scorers to ever play the game.

He is a LOCK to make the HoF. He is one of the greatest and most dominant WR's to ever play the game.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
that's harrison.
ah i think it was on some documentary but that was like 3 years old

Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Then what is your point? This is a discussion on whether or not Boldin is HOF material. You keep saying "He isn't yet BUT..." like the QBs throwing to him have anything to do with whether or not he will be in the HOF one day.

Their resumes at 6 years along are all better than his. Moss' and Harrison's are significantly better. And IMO Owens will not go to the HOF.

I can't prove your point if you don't have one. Yes Boldin has done well. No one is saying "Boldin plays like ****". But if he continues to play as he has he will not get into the HOF.
good lord this is going no where.
i said he isnt HOF material yet, but if he keeps up his numbers for more years then i dont see why he shouldnt be one.

an the whole QB thing, i was saying that you cant say Wayne, Harrison or TO are much better WR's then Boldin cuz they all had much better QB's throwing to them then Boldin did

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he continues along this career track, no doubt he's a HOF.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bruce is 2nd for career receiving yardage with 14,944. That's where you have heard him being 2nd.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce is EASILY a HoFamer it's not even a question. So is TO because the touchdowns count where Canton is concerned.

Boldin has to keep it up for a while yet.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Bruce is EASILY a HoFamer it's not even a question. So is TO because the touchdowns count where Canton is concerned.

Boldin has to keep it up for a while yet.
Why is Bruce easily a HoFer? Only 4 Pro Bowls in his long career, 0 All Pro's.
Only 2 years 10+ TD catches, only 1 year catching 90 + passes, 4 years 1200+ receiving yards in a year. Only 8 years 1,000 receiving yards.

I just view him as a good receiver who had a long career and not HoF worthy.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
good lord this is going no where.
i said he isnt HOF material yet, but if he keeps up his numbers for more years then i dont see why he shouldnt be one.
And I provided evidence for why he shouldn't. His numbers aren't good enough.

Quote:
an the whole QB thing, i was saying that you cant say Wayne, Harrison or TO are much better WR's then Boldin cuz they all had much better QB's throwing to them then Boldin did
Why are you telling me about it? I never said anything about Wayne, Harrison, or TO being much better WRs. I said the last two had a better shot at the HOF than Boldin does if his production stays the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Bruce is EASILY a HoFamer it's not even a question.
I doubt it'll be as clear cut as you make it out to be. Will they view his longevity as a positive or as the only reason he's listed near the top of any stat category that matters?

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Why is Bruce easily a HoFer? Only 4 Pro Bowls in his long career, 0 All Pro's.
Only 2 years 10+ TD catches, only 1 year catching 90 + passes, 4 years 1200+ receiving yards in a year. Only 8 years 1,000 receiving yards.

I just view him as a good receiver who had a long career and not HoF worthy.
2nd in receiving yards and 5th in receptions all time. that counts for something

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I should start the Dwayne Bowe HoF thread in about 365 days
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Why wait?:)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Why wait?:)
Well after next year in which he will have 125 receptions, 1600 yards and 19 TDs then I will feel more inclined and not look like such a homer. :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2nd in receiving yards and 5th in receptions all time. that counts for something
5-10 years from now, he probably won't be in the top 5 in either category. Based on projections of current players.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
5-10 years from now, he probably won't be in the top 5 in either category. Based on projections of current players.
like who? the other guys that are even close are Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Holt (who is 2000 yards away), the first 3 guys are all HoFer

Fitzgerald needs another 10 seasons averaging 900 yards to surpass him.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
like who? the other guys that are even close are Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Holt (who is 2000 yards away), the first 3 guys are all HoFer

Fitzgerald needs another 10 seasons averaging 900 yards to surpass him.
if anyone is gonna beat all those guys it's Fitz, he's still very young, so plenty of time left.

8 seasons would be 1285 yards. That's managable.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
if anyone is gonna beat all those guys it's Fitz, he's still very young, so plenty of time left.

8 seasons would be 1285 yards. That's managable.
yea but still an incredible accomplishment

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
an again who were throwing to these guys during their career?
Moss had Cunningham, Culpepper an Brady (an Cassel).
Marvin had Manning.
Owens had Young, Garcia, McNabb an even Romo
Boldin had Kurt for one good season..

im not saying Boldin is worth HOF status an that the other WR's are ****** but in my mind you gotta take their QB situation into consideration
I could put up Anquan Boldin type stats if I played Seattle, St. Louis, and San Fran twice every year.

Sure he has a chance, but he's been a #2 in a horrible division. I want to see him be a #1 somewhere else.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 04-21-2009 at 12:01 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Michael Crabtree... a HoF?

i done stole dis sig