Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who gets the rushing title this year?
Clinton Portis because it is time and overdue. 6 4.48%
DeAngelo Williams to follow his breakout year? 7 5.22%
Michael Turner with a better Matt Ryan 7 5.22%
Frank Gore with a new OC and blocking FB? 10 7.46%
Adrian Peterson at a slower more solid weight? 71 52.99%
Other...? 33 24.63%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will vote for my boy, Frank Gore. Very tough to pass on Portis though. Obviously this vote is because of my Hurricanes homerism.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Easy... Jay Cutler. Teams will drop all 11 guys trying to defend his passing ability, and he will take off, and average 17.3 yards a carry. He'll also lead the league in passing, but that's expected.
He will also lead the league in interceptions, fumbles and pouty faces after his own bad plays.

Also, the OU homer in me won't let me pick against All-Day

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AP because hes that damn good, find it impossible to vote against him

dark horse chris johnson followed by brian leonard
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
He will also lead the league in interceptions, fumbles and pouty faces after his own bad plays.

Also, the OU homer in me won't let me pick against All-Day
lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshawn lynch after being blessed by an alaskan medicine man.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Steven Jackson baby! With newly signed players such as Jason Brown and one of the best blocking FBs in the league in Mike Karney......watch out!
I'm with you there :)

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking Adrian Peterson. He'll carry the ball most, and his talent is something special. All the guys on the list are talented too, but I see AP doing some better. DeAngelo Williams is a talent, but Stewart will take carries away form him. Portis will get close, but get banged up again. Turner will have more attention on him this year than ever. Tomlinson just isn't the same. Peterson takes this.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I don't think he has a legit shot at all. (Yes, I know he had 1,300 yards last year)

Leon Washington needs to get a lot more carries in that offense and most likely will.
Leon will get more carries, but so will TJ. Ryan is going to pound the crap out of the ball, there will be no shortage of opportunities for TJ.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Adrian or Bush.....LOL Well maybe not Bush but I can hope.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Leon will get more carries, but so will TJ. Ryan is going to pound the crap out of the ball, there will be no shortage of opportunities for TJ.
I think we may add another back in the draft, Caulcrick might get some carries if we keep him around in a LeRon McClain role, and LW will get the extra touches that have been mentioned. I think TJ's carries definitely go down this year.

For the thread, I think AD is the obvious pick, although I love me some MJD and he's an interesting pick for other without Fred Taylor around.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Chris Johnson.
He's capable but I don't think he gets the carries needed.

AP is the safe pick, but Forte's stars could align IMO.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Joh.. I couldn't even finish that without dying of laughter.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Marshawn lynch after being blessed by an alaskan medicine man.
If he wasn't suspended, that's who my vote would have gone to.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Peterson because he is the best back. Plain and simple.
Just about... Though I think Jackson could have a decent shot if he is healthy. He is the #1 threat for defense on that team...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
AP because hes that damn good, find it impossible to vote against him

dark horse chris johnson followed by brian leonard
Blatant attempt at getting rep from scottyboy is very unappealing...

Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, rep baiting Scotty is saying both Ray Rice and Brian Leonard! ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

La Dee dah dee dahh

I think it'll be a tie between Leonard and Rice.

"Don't judge me, OK?"

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be Derrick Ward.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to create odds on this (keeping in mind i have no oddsmaking experience):

Adrian Peterson 2-1
Michael Turner 8-1
Clinton Portis 9-1
LaDainian Tomlinson 10-1
Steven Jackson 10-1
Matt Forte 12-1
DeAngelo Williams 12-1
Thomas Jones 20-1
Frank Gore 25-1
Steve Slaton 30-1
Maurice Jones-Drew 30-1
Marshawn Lynch 30-1
Chris Johnson 30-1
Other 15-1

Any of these seem off?
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

MJD woudl be higher, IMO.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson or Steven Jackson.

Michae Turner should have 1,400+, but I doubt he gets as many carries as last season.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
If I had to create odds on this (keeping in mind i have no oddsmaking experience):

Adrian Peterson 2-1
Michael Turner 8-1
Clinton Portis 9-1
LaDainian Tomlinson 10-1
Steven Jackson 10-1
Matt Forte 12-1
DeAngelo Williams 12-1
Thomas Jones 20-1
Frank Gore 25-1
Steve Slaton 30-1
Maurice Jones-Drew 30-1
Marshawn Lynch 30-1
Chris Johnson 30-1
Other 15-1

Any of these seem off?
Frank Gore 25-1?

He gets the same FB from when he rushed for 1,695 yards and a new OC who likes to run the ball. I think his odds are better than 25-1.

DeAngelo Williams 12-1, I think his odds are better also.

Matt Forte 12-1, those are to good. His odds are more like 25-1.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Other: Maurice Drew.
Now, this is one I might be able to buy into!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's gonna be Derrick Ward.
i wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
La Dee dah dee dahh

I think it'll be a tie between Leonard and Rice.

"Don't judge me, OK?"
I didn't notice you changed your name scottyboy

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote