Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who gets the rushing title this year?
Clinton Portis because it is time and overdue. 6 4.48%
DeAngelo Williams to follow his breakout year? 7 5.22%
Michael Turner with a better Matt Ryan 7 5.22%
Frank Gore with a new OC and blocking FB? 10 7.46%
Adrian Peterson at a slower more solid weight? 71 52.99%
Other...? 33 24.63%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson because he is directly related to jesus christ.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson a heavy favorite
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

adrian PETERSON, followed my Michael Turner.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i have a gut feeling it will be deangelo williams i think carolina will depend on the run due to qb problems ....thats just my gut telling me
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson.

but srsly prolly AD.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Adrian. To me it's almost a no-brainer

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first I was thinking Matt Forte cause I figure Adrian will break his leg in the pre-season. But being the homer for AP that I am I picked him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Armadillo.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
(other) healthy Brian Westbrook
I don't understand.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would of voted for Chris Johnson, I think he'll be much better next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Darren McFadden!!!

Seriously I know AD is the best back right now. But every year somebody new emerges as a top RB. I could even see Chris Wells challenging for the rushing title if he goes to the right team and stays healthy.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The poll should be:

Adrian Peterson or Other
I'll take the other every time. Peterson has way too many durability issues to be a consensus pick to win the rushing title. I just don't trust his running style.

I picked Frank Gore because SF is due for a turnaround and they'll rely on him for the bulk of their offense. He also gos against some soft defenses in the division. I see it as a similar situation to Jamal Lewis when he won the rushing title.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'll take the other every time. Peterson has way too many durability issues to be a consensus pick to win the rushing title. I just don't trust his running style.

I picked Frank Gore because SF is due for a turnaround and they'll rely on him for the bulk of their offense. He also gos against some soft defenses in the division. I see it as a similar situation to Jamal Lewis when he won the rushing title.
i'd vote on this line, i picked other because i think that chris johnson has a legit chance, and same with matt forte... turner is probably 5th in my mind, with johnson, ad, gore, forte, turner in that order

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say other, just because it gives me the best chance of being right.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Steven Jackson
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD- All Day

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, AD is clearly the fav, but I could see Mojo definately.

Also, no love for Fast Willie or Ronnie Brown?
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was coming in here thinking I was going to be the only one to SJax, but now that I know that I won't be, I will say SJax tears his ACL in week 3 of the preseason, and Brian Leonard unexpectedly rushes for 1700 yards, receives for 1200, and throws 7 TDs on Halfback passes and wins MVP of the league.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb528 View Post
Well, AD is clearly the fav, but I could see Mojo definately.

Also, no love for Fast Willie or Ronnie Brown?
Ronnie Brown has never gone over 1008 yards lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I was coming in here thinking I was going to be the only one to SJax, but now that I know that I won't be, I will say SJax tears his ACL in week 3 of the preseason, and Brian Leonard unexpectedly rushes for 1700 yards, receives for 1200, and throws 7 TDs on Halfback passes and wins MVP of the league.
There is a certain member on this board who may strongly approve of this post but I'm not going to name any names.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Chris Johnson getting it. He splits too many carries with the Whale.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Frank Gore because I'm a homer. In my heart I know Adrian Peterson is gonna go down as the GOAT of the RB position.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I don't see Chris Johnson getting it. He splits too many carries with the Whale.
Hahaha @ The Whale. Sounds better than my nickname of "Slow Motion Target" for him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson and there is only one way he doesn't get it, if he gets hurt. If he's healthy he will rush for as many if not more yards than he did last year. He's not going to be slower than last year and that whole weight thing was just blown out of proportion by internet rubes. AD is a freak and I expect him to run for 2000 in the next couple years.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Brandon The Bulldozer Jacobs, any one?????

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote