Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default current most loved/hated coach in NFL?

I don't mean nationally, I mean by hometown fans.

For "hated" I'm going to guess the Vikings. I've never read or heard a Vikings fan say anything positive about the guy. Marvin Lewis and Wade Phillips might be up there too.

For "loved" I would guess Mike Tomlin. He brought a SB to Pittsburgh during his tenure a lot sooner than The Chin and just seems like a likable guy.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McDaniels?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no order:

Hated: McDaniels, Phillips or Childress.
Loved: Singletary, Tomlin, Harbaugh or M. Smith.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most hated Jason Garrett
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. Indeed I do hate Childress. I wish Tomlin was the Vikings HC. So Tomlin is very loved.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree on Childress. I think almost everyone hates him. I would also agree on loved and say Tomlin, if Dungy hadn't retired, I'd go with him.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I have to agree on Childress. I think almost everyone hates him. I would also agree on loved and say Tomlin, if Dungy hadn't retired, I'd go with him.
Universally Dungy was probably one of if not the most liked coach of all time. He probably would've been my pick if he was still the coach in Indy.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with hated you can put in every eagles coach that had a year where he didnt win the sb ;)

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons coach (Mike Smith) seems like a really liked guy

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never had a strong feeling one way or the other about Mike McCarthy. I remember the Packers interviewed Sean Payton right before him and I was hoping that we would hire him, but we also interviewed Childress I think...so it could be worse.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Most Hated & Loved HCs

Candidates for the Bum Phillips Award -- Loved :
Mike Smith -- Love happens when you bring your team into the playoffs from near death with your former QB in a Federal pen
Jeff Fisher -- 100% Class act
John Fox -- Nicest guy in the NFL, a league not noted for even remotely nice guys

Candidates for the Marty Schottenheimer Award -- Hated:
Coughlin -- Still thinks he's coaching in college or maybe HS, same techniques; almost had a locker room mutiny 3 yrs. ago
Mangini -- You don't win friends in your new NFL city by trading away the talent core of the freaking franchise!
McDaniel -- Has his seat warmed up for him to medium-to-hot temperature & has yet to get his 1st W or L as a HC
Cable -- Al Davis' latest kissass lapdog

Jury is still out on:
Wade Phillips -- All Dallas fans know who's pulling the puppet strings there
Bill Bellichick -- Even some NE homers feel shame at Bellicheat, when they comment on winning SBs by cheating on South Park, what does that say?
Mike Singletary -- Was just a placeholder in SF until he mooned the players & solidified them into a team again, maybe a rah-rah, kickass kind of HC is just what the 9ers need

Last edited by LizardState : 04-20-2009 at 03:30 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Fans of the other NFC North teams LOVE Brad Childress and hope like hell that he stays on as the Vikings head coach for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever..........................
Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont Belichick should be anywhere near that list by patriots fans, other teams yea they hate him but as for patriots fans if you had him near the top of most loved then youd be closer. Not speaking for anyone else here but i couldnt care less how nice a guy he is as long as he puts the team in a position to win. Thats what coaches are there for

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Fisher is quite loved by almost everyone around here.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Jeff Fisher for most loved- Very classy, well liked by his team, fans, and other teams around the league

Bill Belichek for most hated- Accused of cheating, not very graceful in defeat.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate McDaniels yet, but he has the potential to be the most hated of all time.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Candidates for the Bum Phillips Award -- Loved :
Mike Smith -- Love happens when you bring your team into the playoffs from near death with your former QB in a Federal pen
Jeff Fisher -- 100% Class act
John Fox -- Nicest guy in the NFL, a league not noted for even remotely nice guys

Candidates for the Marty Schottenheimer Award -- Hated:
Coughlin -- Still thinks he's coaching in college or maybe HS, same techniques; almost had a locker room mutiny 3 yrs. ago
McDaniel -- Has his seat warmed up for him to medium-to-hot temperature & has yet to get his 1st W or L as a HC
Cable -- Al Davis' latest kissass lapdog

Jury is still out on:
Wade Phillips -- All Dallas fans know who's pulling the puppet strings there
Bill Bellichick -- Even some NE homers feel shame at Bellicheat, when they comment on winning SBs by cheating on South Park, what does that say?
Mike Singletary -- Was just a placeholder in SF until he mooned the players & solidified them into a team again, maybe a rah-rah, kickass kind of HC is just what the 9ers need
You'd be suprised at how many Oakland fans like Cable...Also, I don't see how many people in New York can hate Coughlin considering he won the Super Bowl two years ago and had a damn good team this year till Plaxico capped himself.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My number one for each is right in line w/OP - Tomlin & Chilly.

Honorable mention: Fisher & Smith

Not-so-Honorable mention: McDaniels & Coughlin (not sure how much the fans hate him, though - he did bring a trophy home.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I really dont Belichick should be anywhere near that list by patriots fans, other teams yea they hate him but as for patriots fans if you had him near the top of most loved then youd be closer. Not speaking for anyone else here but i couldnt care less how nice a guy he is as long as he puts the team in a position to win. Thats what coaches are there for
I agree. Disappointment with his attitude and decisions regarding spygate* does not equal hate. I, too, could not care any less about how warm and fuzzy the guy is as long as he continues to lead the franchise to success.

(can the media please, please, please stop attching the word 'gate' to everything??)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already hate McDaniels. Love Fisher, and Singletary.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, as a Bears fan, that Lovie can come off a little doofy but I always thought he was still pretty highly respected....a little surprised there isn't much love for him here.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mangini getting no hate votes so far is kinda surprising to me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Mangini getting no hate votes so far is kinda surprising to me.
He hasn't done enough to make Cleveland hate him yet has he? Or is the Winslow/possibly Edwards stuff bad enough?

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My most loved is Brad Childress. Chilly: Inventor of the prevent offense.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He hasn't done enough to make Cleveland hate him yet has he? Or is the Winslow/possibly Edwards stuff bad enough?
Winslow/Possibly Edwards/Possibly Quinn....

They had a good, young nucleus but if they ship all of those guys out, they'll have what....Joe Thomas still? Yikes.