Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I wish that somebody could hold the ESPN types that were calling out Casserly for taking Mario ahead of Vince and Reggie accountable. That was probably the best call in the recent history of the draft. The pressure that people were putting on him to take Bush or Young...good call Charlie.
Of course they'll never own up to that debacle. Just like the people who thought Ryan Leaf was better than Peyton act like they didn't. In about 3 years you'll hear those same talking heads say, "You know back in the 2006 draft there were "some people" that thought Reggie Bush or Vince Young were the better pick than Mario." The same people who called Mario Williams a Sam Bowie won't own up to how utterly stupid they were to act like Houston ate some babies.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Well, Floyd Reese was the GM who drafted Young, and he was let go at the end of Young's rookie season. But, VY wasn't the cause of it, or even a majoring factor.
True but just for the sake that he said **** on TV like it was no big deal, I like Hoge. Even if he is batshit crazy. Sometimes those dissenting voices are interesting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Amen to that.
Ramonce Taylor for the TD! ;)

Don't hate, blame Reggie Bush and Michael Griffin for being such a beast and picking off Leinart ;)
Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Young's problems started when he decided he didn't want to get hit anymore, and stopped running. I read an interview with Norm Chow who stated as much. He wanted to become a pocket passer, and Young didn't elevate to the #3 pick in the draft for his passing ability. In 2006 he showed the ability to take over a game on the NFL level with his legs, but the next year that all stopped. For a while I thought it was Fisher's call, but it was really Young's desision.

Anyway, long story short, he's just not good enough in the pocket to make it in the league without scrambling, but he could make a comeback if he goes back to being the dynamic running quarterback he was in 2006.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That knee thing, yeah it's down, but isn't the ball kinda out? It's hard to tell with the terrible resolution image but if we were looking at a fumble that ball looks out to me.

As for the interview.... what Vince Young says in interviews and what he really means are often two entirely different things. So Titans fans have generally stopped taking them seriously a long time ago.

For example, when he says he "can't win", one might interpret it as a comment on his situation, contradicting his claim that he isn't going to complain. What I think he really meant however was he can't win by complaining with the media. Vince dislikes the Nashville media - can't say I blame him, they're probably the worst NFL media in the league and are absolutely obsessed with Jay Cutler to a pathetic degree. Vince is absolutely right - he can't win with these guys.

Another thing Vince often does in interview is state the obvious - what everyone in his situation would be thinking and feeling, but probably shouldn't say. Every player in his shoes would be thinking "well, I still get a paycheck in the meantime I suppose", but most would be, hrm, "media savvy" enough not to say it.

So really, it doesn't mean anything other than the guy isn't great at interviews. I definitely wouldn't read into a few quotes as a sign of anything like a lack of heart or desire.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it when a player tries to display how humbled he's become all the while speaking in the 3rd person.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I love it when a player tries to display how humbled he's become all the while speaking in the 3rd person.
he does it in one sentence come on.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
he does it in one sentence come on.
He does it THREE times. I've never spoken of myself in the 3rd person in my entire life, let alone 3 times in 5 minutes.

Besides, that wasn't my point. My point is that a humbled individual doesn't speak of themselves in the 3rd person.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is mentioning one's name technically the 3rd person? "I'm going to continue to be Vince Young" seems the same as "I'm going to continue to be myself" to me structurally. 3rd person would be "Vince Young is going to continue to be himself".
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Is mentioning one's name technically the 3rd person? "I'm going to continue to be Vince Young" seems the same as "I'm going to continue to be myself" to me structurally. 3rd person would be "Vince Young is going to continue to be himself".
actually it should be

VY8 is going to continue to be Vince Young
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda wonder if Vince Young's career would have turned out better had he not won the national championship. He may have been drafted lower, gotten a big chip on his shoulder, and went out to try to prove anyone wrong.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

How much would it cost to get Vince Young?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I kinda wonder if Vince Young's career would have turned out better had he not won the national championship. He may have been drafted lower, gotten a big chip on his shoulder, and went out to try to prove anyone wrong.
He would have gotten drafted by the Raiders. If they would have gotten CJ next year it would greatly help him, but the way VY ran in his rookie sesaon in Tennessee they would have gotten enough wins to not get CJ.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
How much would it cost to get Vince Young?
Probably a second or early third rounder.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
im sorry, but i dont recall this moment. when was this exactly?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
im sorry, but i dont recall this moment. when was this exactly?
The day the music died.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The day the music died.
lol okay... that was when he pitched out and the Longhorns scored the first TD... or second or something.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Of course they'll never own up to that debacle. Just like the people who thought Ryan Leaf was better than Peyton act like they didn't. In about 3 years you'll hear those same talking heads say, "You know back in the 2006 draft there were "some people" that thought Reggie Bush or Vince Young were the better pick than Mario." The same people who called Mario Williams a Sam Bowie won't own up to how utterly stupid they were to act like Houston ate some babies.
Exactly, there needs to be like an independent ESPN analyst oversight watchdog committee or something, so when they say stuff like that they can go find archive footage of them saying something directly contradictory right after.

The only thing that drives me more nuts is when an analyst gets about 95 things wrong but one of his asinine predictions happens to come true following the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" law, but he proceeds to brag about it and talk it up for months after.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cashmoneydrew approves of speaking in the third person.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish he would start kicking some ass since I have an autographed mini helmet and football signed by him. :( I think I would have to pay someone to take them off of my hands right now.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have some serious sympathy for him. He's in a tough spot right now and he seems to be depressed. He's going to have to work things out but being who he is that is going to be really hard given who he his.

How many people on this forum hate the guy, and have never even talked to him?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is this Vince Young you speak of? Jeff Fisher has correctly made sure he no longer has any sort of relevancy in the NFL.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
[english major]You are correct. The first sentence isn't the third person. "I" is the subject while Vince Young is what he is going to be. The second one is third person because the subject is his name.[/end english major]
Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

USC shouldn't have been in that game in the first place. Karma's a b...h.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll get a 2nd chance elsewhere.

But he's done with the Titans. Thats all there is to know, or care about.

Theres a slight chance he gets another chance 2 years from now, but the cap hit it would take to keep him on the roster, I just don't see it happening. A poster before made a great point about him. Once he tried to turn himself into a pocket passer, thats when his career went down hill. He needs to just let his natural ability dictate games instead of forcing himself into a role that he'll never succeed in.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-21-2009 at 12:41 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote