Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Troy Aikman- HOF worthy?

Since I've read "A" player should be in the HOF
I decided to make "B" player should NOT be in the HOF

Troy Aikman

(Career) 32,942 yds- 165 TDs- 141 Int- 61.5%- 81.6 QB Rating
(Season Hi's) 3,445 yds- 23 tds

Other QBs in the same era:

J. Elway--- 51,475 yds- 300 TDs- 226 Int- 56.9%- 79.9 QB Rating
J. Kelly---- 35,467 yds- 237 TDs- 175 Int- 60.1%- 84.4 QB Rating
D. Marino-- 61,361 yds- 420 TDs- 252 Int- 59.4%- 86.4 QB Rating
W. Moon-- 49,325 yds- 291 TDs- 233 Int- 58.4%- 80.9 QB Rating
J. Montana-40,551 yds- 273 TDs- 139 Int- 63.2%- 92.3 QB Rating
S. Young-- 33,124 yds- 232 TDs- 107 Int- 64.3%- 96.8 QB Rating

He played with a Great O-Line, the All Time leading rusher and a HOF WR.
I don't see anything that says HOF to me. Not one bit.
He was the QB of 3 SB teams. Yes. I see him more of a game manager though.
Not a HOF QB that can take over games. *shrug*

I'm just bored and wanted to debate something..... opinions?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.He earned his rice of passage.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you leave Troy Aikman out for having a good supporting cast then you need to take a whole bunch of other players out. Also, Aikman was helping the other players around him just like they helped him. Should Michael Irvin be left out because he had a HoF QB throwing to him and all those other players around him? Ok then.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He never threw for more then 3400 yds and 23 TDs.
His success came from the fear of E. Smith and that big OL not the other way around.

That's how I see it, at least.
M. Irvin's 750-12000-65 is good but the 3 rings got him in

Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a team sport you gotta have a good supporting cast in order to succeed in the NFL. There is no way he will be left out of the Hall of Fame.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he had only won one Superbowl you could probably make a much better case, but you throw in solid stats and three superbowls and it's much harder to argue against him.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I agree on the "team sport" comment.
Here's my thing though- when we talk about people who aren't in yet
The negative talk is "He didn't put that GREAT of numbers. If he was GREAT/HOF worthy then he'd put up numbers regardless of who his surrounding cast is.

For example: People are saying that T. Holt needs more productive years to get in.

Torry Holt: 869 rec- 12,260 yds- 74 TDs
Mike Irvin: 750 rec- 11,904 yds- 65 TDs

Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think there is a difference between HoF Worthy and making it into the HoF.

im not quite sure, but Holt played in a much more pass oriented offense than Irvin

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Sure, but Holt still played with very productive RBs though (Faulk and Jackson)
So it's not like the QB is stepping back and throwing it 50 times a game ala McNabb

703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I agree on the "team sport" comment.
Here's my thing though- when we talk about people who aren't in yet
The negative talk is "He didn't put that GREAT of numbers. If he was GREAT/HOF worthy then he'd put up numbers regardless of who his surrounding cast is.

For example: People are saying that T. Holt needs more productive years to get in.

Torry Holt: 869 rec- 12,260 yds- 74 TDs
Mike Irvin: 750 rec- 11,904 yds- 65 TDs
You bring up some interesting points but like others have said the 3 superbowl rings make him a HOF in my book. He's the only ex or current cowboys player I really like. I know people hate Joe Buck but I love him and Aikman.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
i think there is a difference between HoF Worthy and making it into the HoF.
Expand on that please. You might be on to something

Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Aikman would smack you nay sayers, but it is hard for him to lift a hand weighted down by 3 Super Bowl rings...

On a serious note, not everything is stats. Look at Namath. No way he has the numbers.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well there are always guys getting in because of the Media, their fame not exactly always because they were the best of the best.

Its just like I dont know why Ray Guy and Cris carter arent in

Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Wasn't Joe Namath the 1st to throw for 4000 yds?
Also, I know Stats changer per era so that's why I put up the numbers of the other HOF QBs that he played against

Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

See- media reasoning- that's a load of bull.
I under that the Cowboys were real famous in the mid 90's.
If the reason he's in is bc of that then he is NOT HOF worthy IMO
just taking advantage of the situation, I guess. *shrug*

Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, I'm an Eagles fan and HATED Troy Aikman.

He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, so I say he is HOF worthy. He was a very good QB who was fortunate to also have a very good team around him, particularly his OL and skill players, as was said. But if you would've had the average NFL QB on those teams, they may not have won 3 Superbowls. You must also figure when you add up those numbers that his career was shortened, albeit slightly, by concussions. As for his highest season total not being astounding, you mentioned it nalej, it was because of that balanced attack they had with Emmit Smith running behind that line. I say Troy Aikman, without a doubt is HOF worthy.

You have no idea how much it pains me to say that, haha.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 04-21-2009 at 02:17 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what else would you think everything is based on? It's all about how you took your chances. It's what makes the world go 'round.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
thats why i said there is a difference between HoF worthy for u and guys actually getting in

Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's not hof worthy. but will he get in? yeah.

much to my dismay.

here's my test:

would the cowboys have been better with kurt warner in the same time period? i'd say yes.
would the cowboys have been better with matt hasselbeck? about equal.

is matt hasselbeck hof worthy? no.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The year Aikman was drafted has got to be one of the best if not the best top five players drafted ever.

1.Troy Aikman (HOF)

2.Tony Mandarich

3.Barry Sanders (HOF)

4.Derrick Thomas (HOF)

5.Deion Sanders (Will Be HOF)
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Taking advantage of his situation- all I meant was getting into the HOF solely on Cowboys media hype.
If that's the case then I, ME, MYSELF, can't agree with that.

To me- Troy Aikman is the NFL's greatest Game Manager.
If that's good enough for ya to be in the HOF- then I guess I can't debate that anymore

Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
he's not hof worthy. but will he get in? yeah.

much to my dismay.

here's my test:

would the cowboys have been better with kurt warner in the same time period? i'd say yes.
would the cowboys have been better with matt hasselbeck? about equal.

is matt hasselbeck hof worthy? no.
Its tough to say, I think They would've been the same with Kurt, maybe a little worse, but there is a big dropoff if you go to Hasselbeck. I don't think the Cowboys win 3 superbowls if Hasselbeck is the QB. Maybe one, but no more than that.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The year Aikman was drafted has got to be one of the best if not the best top five players drafted ever.

1.Troy Aikman (HOF)

2.Tony Mandarich

3.Barry Sanders (HOF)

4.Derrick Thomas (HOF)

That's a big MISS @ 2 lol when you look at the other 3 they coulda had

Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a big MISS @ 2 lol when you look at the other 3 they coulda had
Now you see why Ryan Leaf doesn't compare to Tony Mandarich as a bust. The only pick in any sport that could possibly be worse was Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, but the Blazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it is at least understandable.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post

1.Troy Aikman (HOF)

2.Tony Mandarich

3.Barry Sanders (HOF)

4.Derrick Thomas (HOF)

One of these things is not like the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote