Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not saying the HoF Player didnt make a mark. i just dont think making a mark is an argument to get into HoF. Its more a sign that he did. but the HOW did he make the mark is the better reason for why he should be in the HoF. He is in the HoF because of his play which left a mark on the game. Focus on his game, his play and naturally the result is the mark making. so concentrate on that first.

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
There is a huge difference between Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman. I argue that Smith isn't the GOAT and that his extraordinary stats were largely a result of that O-line. But he is definitely top 5, anyone who tries to argue Smith doesn't deserve a first ballot HOF nod is just a complete homer, and no one hates the Cowboys more than me.

I do think it is ridiculous that people are saying Aikman shouldn't make the hall. But there is no way he should have been a first ballot.
What people fail to see is how balanced and downright dominating those 90s Cowboys teams were. There's a reason Emmitt Smith has a **** ton of yards, and that's because most of the time, they were jamming it down their throats to end games. There was never any need for Troy Aikman to put up 300 plus yards a game, but when they did, he showed up (see '94 NFC Championship), as did Irvin. So really, there's always a way you can attack the statistical argument people make. Second highest playoff winning percentage, three Superbowl rings with an MVP in Superbowl XXVII. How many players can say they've done all that?

Also, i don't think the amount of time someone takes to get into the hall should be looked at as much as you are. Yes, he got in with the first ballot, but who else was there that you wanted to put in his place?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What people fail to see is how balanced and downright dominating those 90s Cowboys teams were. There's a reason Emmitt Smith has a **** ton of yards, and that's because most of the time, they were jamming it down their throats to end games. There was never any need for Troy Aikman to put up 300 plus yards a game, but when they did, he showed up (see '94 NFC Championship), as did Irvin. So really, there's always a way you can attack the statistical argument people make. Second highest playoff winning percentage, three Superbowl rings with an MVP in Superbowl XXVII. How many players can say they've done all that?

Also, i don't think the amount of time someone takes to get into the hall should be looked at as much as you are. Yes, he got in with the first ballot, but who else was there that you wanted to put in his place?
That's why I am arguing he should belong in the HOF without a doubt.

The first ballot should be reserved for the best of the best. Aikman was never the best QB in the league. I would have put in Ray Guy or Art Monk over him. Then I would have voted in Aikman the next year, without hesitation.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**Warning: May be biased.**

Aikman didn't put up great numbers. He didn't have to. Aikman was a winner. He won football games and championships.

All that aside, I truly believe that he is in based on one thing...

It was Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, AND Troy Aikman who was the face of a franchise that should've won 4 straight Super Bowls (did win 3 out of 4), and became one of the top dynasties in NFL history.

His stats are average, but his championships, and his "mark on history" is more than enough to get him in.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Horry a HOF? He had other players that put up all the stats
So his stats are blah- but came up big in every big game.
I think its fair to say that the teams he was on wouldn't of won it all without him
He also has 7 rings. Show'd up to all of them.
Won them in Houston (Halajuwon), Lakers (Kobe/Shaq) and Spurs (Duncan)

HOFer? No ***** way

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Robert Horry a HOF? He had other players that put up all the stats
So his stats are blah- but came up big in every big game.
I think its fair to say that the teams he was on wouldn't of won it all without him
He also has 7 rings. Show'd up to all of them.
Won them in Houston (Halajuwon), Lakers (Kobe/Shaq) and Spurs (Duncan)

HOFer? No ***** way
I think Horry is an eventual hall of famer. He has had a long career and he was huge in big games. Basketball is a completely different argument though. Just due to the number of players on the floor at one time. Each person is more important.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I think Horry is an eventual hall of famer. He has had a long career and he was huge in big games. Basketball is a completely different argument though. Just due to the number of players on the floor at one time. Each person is more important.
Well, nevermind then. To me- Horry is nowhere near a HOF

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put Horry anywhere near the HOF, but that's a bad comparison for Aikman. Horry lucked out by being near Hakeem, Shaq, and Duncan. Aikman was a starting QB. Journeyman roleplayer != starting QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:31 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo is already blasting away at Troy Aikman's franchise passing records. Is Tony Romo a better QB than Troy Aikman?

We can go round and round with this for days.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:48 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Tony Romo is already blasting away at Troy Aikman's franchise passing records. Is Tony Romo a better QB than Troy Aikman?

At this rate, yes, he will end up a better QB than Troy Aikman.

Assuming of course he manages to actually win some playoff games...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
At this rate, yes, he will end up a better QB than Troy Aikman.

Assuming of course he manages to actually win some playoff games...
statistically, anyway.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
statistically, anyway.
Yeah, not factoring in SBs I meant.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Romo probably already is a better pure QB at this time. But Aikman is not in the QB HOF. He's in the Pro Football HOF. Aikman has so many of the intangibles you look for in a team leader. And he was just that, a team leader. And IMO you can throw the stats out the window, and just look at the circumstances; worst to first, leader of a dynasty, 3 Super Bowls/3 Super Bowl wins, Super Bowl MVP, and able to live up to 1st pick overall. That does not happen often and it should be rewarded.