Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's mind blowing, I know.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
With Vick at QB, you could give him Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and Torry Holt and he'd maybe raise his completion percentage 1 point.
YEAH! THERE WE GO!

I do wonder what we are gonna do with Finneran. I was really anticipating his return to the line up, seeing that he was a solid reciever, but now with Horn I wonder how he fits into all of this. But Shiver did bring up good points about how difficult it would be for him to get separation, but he was good at making catches without being separated. I think he can be a great 4th option. Same with Roddy being a 3rd reciever. Whenever teams play man to man against us, I hope Vick can take advantage (and the recievers can catch).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I doubt he even passed his physical. I've read multiple reports that the Saints didn't release him due to money, but released him because he couldn't pass one.

Anyway, I'll go back to having Joe as one of my favorite players once his playing career is over (shouldn't be too long). I just simply can't cheer for him anymore now that he signed with a division rival.

He's a shell of his former self. Enjoy him.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He passed his physical with the Falcons, when he visited. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. Just like they didn't immediately sign Grady Jackson last year, until he showed up in better shape a month later. I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He passed his physical with the Falcons, when he visited. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. Just like they didn't immediately sign Grady Jackson last year, until he showed up in better shape a month later. I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.
I just hope we didnt pay him like 01-04 Joe Horn
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

That's what I am waiting to see. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I am waiting to see. Hopefully that won't be the case.

How much cap room do the falcons have?

If they can fit him comfortably under the cap, its a solid move imo.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, 01-04 Joe Horn played in an entirely different salary cap era.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
How much cap room do the falcons have?

If they can fit him comfortably under the cap, its a solid move imo.
6$ Million prior to this, as well as the Lewis Sanders, signing. Though the team could cut a few veterans.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.
He should be a solid mentor for the younger receivers, Marques Colston said Joe helped ease him in early on.

However my main concern is injuries, he hasn't been able to finish out the season the past 2 years and age is catching up to him at 35.

I know a lot of Saints fans are be bitter at him right now. Imagine one of the fan favorites from your team, going to an arch rival..and that's how most Saints fans feel right now.

Last edited by Auron : 03-07-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

According to NFL Netowork, SI, and the AJC, Michael Smith jumped the gun. They are finalizing the deal, it isn't signed yet.

Quote:
"It's not done yet,'' Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said on Wednesday night. "We haven't signed a contract, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon. We haven't reached an agreement, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon.''

Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder about Finneran. He wasthe best receiver on the team. I am concerned though about his speed. He was slow already, now with that ACL tear at 31 years old, will he be able to separate?

We'll have to wait and see, but his value was always more in his ability to work the crossing/middle stuff and act as a safety valve, and while a loss of foot speed may hurt, I'm not sure how significant of an impact it would have in the relative role he may play as a depth WR as the number 3 or 4 option. Smart scheming will find a place for a safety target like Finneran, and considering the talent around, I think even if he has lost a step, he still has imminent value with his skillset.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
YEAH! THERE WE GO!

I do wonder what we are gonna do with Finneran. I was really anticipating his return to the line up, seeing that he was a solid reciever, but now with Horn I wonder how he fits into all of this. But Shiver did bring up good points about how difficult it would be for him to get separation, but he was good at making catches without being separated. I think he can be a great 4th option. Same with Roddy being a 3rd reciever. Whenever teams play man to man against us, I hope Vick can take advantage (and the recievers can catch).
How long does Jenkins have on his rookie contract?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He signed a 6-year deal initially, with the final year being voidable. So he's a Falcon for a couple more years at the least.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He signed a 6-year deal initially, with the final year being voidable. So he's a Falcon for a couple more years at the least.

What do you think of jenkins and white? I heard one wouldnt be on the roster next year, but things seemed to have changed.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

They've struggled with bouts of inconsistency, both good and bad. I still have hope for them. Both of them are still young.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
With Vick at QB, you could give him Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and Torry Holt and he'd maybe raise his completion percentage 1 point.
Well thought out! Thank you for that post. I feel much more informed on the entire Vick situation.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this move for the Falcons. Bringing in a mentor type with Horn, as well as an emotional player that is an established receiver, he helps the Falcons in multiple ways. I think this is going to end up being one of the biggest FA impacts one way or another.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just adds more fuel to the NO/ATL rivalry. *le sigh*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons should view this as a guy who can mentor the WR core and bring stability and leadership to an offense without it. I think he can be an Amani Toomer like player, the nice dumpoff option who can bring some balance to the pass game with reliable hands that Vick can check down to.

I think he shouldn't be viewed as a PB player however. If he does wind up being that, fine, gravy on top, but that shouldn't be the expectations coming in.

Good move for ATL if the price is right.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Micheal Smith, your an idiot.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Horn is gonna be a fantasy stud muffin!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Joe Horn is gonna be a fantasy stud muffin!
Well of course. WHo wouldn't be when they have Favre throwing to them?...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Well of course. WHo wouldn't be when they have Favre throwing to them?...
I don't get it!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Horn would be a #3 WR and a mentor to Jenkins and White in Atlanta. both Jenkins and White will have better years next year it beign their 3rd year both starting together and playing with Vick together and it will also be better because they will have better coaching and with Horn possibly here, they will have a player/coach helping them out too.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote