Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Braylon Edwards to NYG trade stalemated

Sal Palantonio has just reported that the negotiations between the NY Giants & the Browns sending WR Braylon Edwards to Cleveland have reached a stalemate.

If it's going to happen it's looking more & more like a draft day trade. Cleveland wants the Giants' 1st rd. pick as well as DE Mathias Kiwanuka while the Giants are offering a 2nd & a 5th in the 09 draft. A Giants spokesman added that Kiwi is a deal-breaker.

The needs for both teams are still there, the Giants need a veteran WR to replace the released Plaxico Burress, & HC Mangini & the Browns are embarking on what appears to be a complete rebuilding effort on both sides of the ball so they need to maximize their total draft picks. The Browns have engaged in more trades & rumors of them than any other NFL team so far this offseason, with TE Kellen Winslow dealt to Tampa Bay & QB Brady Quinn as trade bait being currently shopped with the rumored addendum of Cleveland being added to the long & growing list of teams allegedly interested in Sanchez in the 1st rd.

The two teams will likely compromise & announce a trade early this Saturday, but what will the terms be? Will the Browns back off on Kiwi? Probably, but it's obvious they want a veteran player & a pick vs. two picks. IDK if they will give up on the Giants' 1st rounder though, Cleveland wants to draft several impact rookies who can start & help restore them to the playoff team status they enjoyed in 2007.

I think Cleveland will finally settle for a 1st & a 3rd or 4th, depending on how hard a bargain NYG GM Reese negotiates, & Cleveland will draft a replacement WR in the late 1st rd. with that pick from the Giants. Or continue to wheel & deal in the early draft rounds, Mangini & company seem to have predisposition for horsetrading & maneuvering.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-22-2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: grammatical correctitude
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is no way the Browns trade Edwards for a 2nd

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my mock draft, I have the Giants giving up a 2nd and 4th. I don't think I have very many right picks, but it's interesting to hear the Giants want to give up a 2nd and 5th. Because I think they could be stretched to end up giving the 2nd and 4th. Hooray for foresight if I get it right. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Cleveland wants the Giants' 1st rd. pick as well as DE Mathias Kiwanuka"

Put the pipe down Cleveland.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are asking for too much, and the Giants are offering too little.

Yup, sounds like a stalemate to me!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope it stays stalemated. I think the Giants could trade Kiwi and it wouldn't effect them too much, as long as they stay healthy and find someone who can have a similar impact, though losing him would be tough.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Losing Kiwi would really hurt. Our D can be dominant as long as we have three high caliber ends to rotate and attack QBs with. Personally I think we need to draft a fourth DE who could step up in case of an injury as a pass rusher. We're not deep enough at DE to give up on kiwi now.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a browns fan, the only way i'd be happy with this trade getting done is for exactly what the browns are asking for, a 1st and kiwi (which i know is crazy more than the giants will do). otherwise, we loose the only thing on our offense that might scare teams for what basically amounts to a 3rd and a 6th.

i'd say both teams offers are equally ridiculous.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Browns should just keep Edwards and Quinn and build the offense around them and Joe Thomas. Or am I just talking crazy?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god would that be great.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Kiwi for Edwards straight up but a first and Kiwi, come on now...

2nd and a 4th, if not that nothing. Jerry Reese is a ******* balling GM.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a 3rd and Kiwi should be enough. He could be a 10+ sack guy in a 3-4.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is surprising. Personally there's no way I'd give up a first but if it's really that stalemated I say #29 seems okay. They're making this more confusing than it needs to be. The Browns seem to want to get rid of all talent on the roster.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B. Edwards > Nicks/Britt/Rowbiskie
With that said- their 1st rd pick isn't really too absurd.
If they want Kiwi as well- then I'd lower that to a 2nd or 3rd.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Kiwi is the deal breaker...... He's a young DE that is just tapping into his potential, there's no way J-Reese lets him go, ESPECIALLY packaged into a deal with a 1st round pick

2nd, 5th, and a WR of their choice..... Thats as high as I wanna go

I dont want Kiwi in this deal AT ALL!!!!

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously don't understand what is so tough about this for the Giants. Just get the deal done. Braylon would be a perfect guy to replace Burress and they need a go to number one. They won't get a guy with BE's talent at 29.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I seriously don't understand what is so tough about this for the Giants. Just get the deal done. Braylon would be a perfect guy to replace Burress and they need a go to number one. They won't get a guy with BE's talent at 29.
I agree. The Browns know that the Giants need Braylon or need a number one receiver. Why shouldn't the Browns make them pay for it. Even if it is a little much.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a first and Steve Smith or a first plus a 5th and Hixon would make sense to me. If the Browns want Kiwanuka they would probably have to settle for a 2nd and maybe a later round pick in addition. Browns have more bargaining power right now, they don't have to move Edwards but the Giants will be wanting a #1 WR badly, and Edwards won't be any harder to get than Boldin. If the Browns don't get a first round pick for him then Kiwanuka better be involved.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
And they wont get a DE with OLB potential and an avg of 5 sacks a season while playing in a rotation... not even as a full time starter and his position was getting shifted around as well

Yea Kiwi would be a MONSTER in Cleve's 3-4 system, but he's not worth letting go

If BE is gonna go 2 NY its gonna be for a few draft picks (maybe a few next yr as well) and possibly a player like Moss, Manningham, Smith or Hixon...... Not kiwi tho

Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

J-Reese is a straight ball buster..... This deal is getting done on his terms or not at all

Old 04-22-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming the Giants love a prospect or two, and will wait to see if they fall to them at #29 before committing to dumping their first rounder.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Maybe the Browns should just keep Edwards and Quinn and build the offense around them and Joe Thomas. Or am I just talking crazy?
Well, Edwards wouldn't resign with Cleveland in the first place, IMO, and Mangini wants some compensation for him because he figures he'll be gone either way. Plus, I don't think Mangini is all that big of an Edwards fan as well.

As for Quinn, I don't think Mangini likes him as the QB to build his team around. After spending a year with Favre, I assume he wants more of a strong armed QB who he feels can take the bull by the horns and lead the team. Apparently he loves Sanchez, so why not make the change if you like one, but not the other?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
And they wont get a DE with OLB potential and an avg of 5 sacks a season while playing in a rotation... not even as a full time starter and his position was getting shifted around as well

Yea Kiwi would be a MONSTER in Cleve's 3-4 system, but he's not worth letting go

If BE is gonna go 2 NY its gonna be for a few draft picks (maybe a few next yr as well) and possibly a player like Moss, Manningham, Smith or Hixon...... Not kiwi tho
It will hurt the Giants more to not get BE than to keep Kiwi IMO. Unless they get Boldin
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

maybe these gms are just having a duel of egos.

reese wants to show the rookie what's up and kokinis want's to prove he's the real deal.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
maybe these gms are just having a duel of egos.

reese wants to show the rookie what's up and kokinis want's to prove he's the real deal.
I can honestly see the Giants using their 1st round pick and pressuring Cleveland to take a deal with a 2nd round or walk...... J-Reese isnt one to get pushed around in a deal, as Sal Pal reported on ESPN 'Kiwi is a deal breaker' plain and simple as that