Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've heard they both drop more passes then they should, britt especially. in fact if you want i have a link to our very own scott wright's player rankings http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...enny-Britt.php

note: "unreliable hands"
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOL @ the Browns offer it sounds like BT is the Browns GM in real life. Anything more than a 1st round strait up is not even close to worth it.

Boldin > Roy Williams Jr. > Edwards

Zona is looking for a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin and aren't getting any calls. Roy went for a 1st and a 3rd as well and everyone thinks that Dallas got raped in the trade. So to think that Edwards is going for anything higher than a 1st round pick is laughable.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
I can honestly see the Giants using their 1st round pick and pressuring Cleveland to take a deal with a 2nd round or walk...... J-Reese isnt one to get pushed around in a deal, as Sal Pal reported on ESPN 'Kiwi is a deal breaker' plain and simple as that
And Braylon Edwards is a pro-bowl receiver that doesn't need to be moved.

"Plain and simple as that"

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
i've heard they both drop more passes then they should, britt especially. in fact if you want i have a link to our very own scott wright's player rankings http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...enny-Britt.php

note: "unreliable hands"
you've clearly never watched more than one Rutgers game.

but I'm not gonna hijack this thread.

either way, the Browns are asking for way too much, and when Braylon freaks during another sub-.500 season, they'll regret not taking an offer now
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this deal falls through. Braylon has alot of talent, and I don't want the Giants to get him. He had a bad year with a ton of drops, but he still got 16 touchdowns a year before. In MY he might be able to put it together again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon would be a perfect fit as a receiver who can go up and go get balls. If he does have to wind up with the giants i really hope it involves Kiwi going out the door, maybe something along the lines of kiwi and 3rd or 4th would probably be a good deal for both sides

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you've clearly never watched more than one Rutgers game.

but I'm not gonna hijack this thread.

either way, the Browns are asking for way too much, and when Braylon freaks during another sub-.500 season, they'll regret not taking an offer now
true, i don't watch rutgers games. i don't disagree that we are asking for too much, but i think braylon is more valuable to us than what you are offering and the only way i would want him to be traded is for a proven player like kiwi and a decent pick. that's the last bit i'll say in the thread.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, though I doubt it will happen I hope we keep Edwards for another year at least so we can either sign him longterm or get more value for him...because I don't think we'll have jack **** at WR this year if we trade him. I don't think we'll draft Crabtree at 5, and that would mean our starting WRs would consist of Patten and/or Cribbs/Steptoe/a rookie/the current #3, 4, or 5 WR on the NYG.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
silly rutgers fans, the chances of this are slim

iggles?

ok, wait it out, and when everyone stacks the box and jacobs goes down with an injury like he always does, we will see how well your offense produces.

i don't know the details of the negotiations, but he is still a brown for this year and there is always the franchise tag. he's on sale because he is worth a lot and maybe a team will be willing to part with a 1st rd pick and a good de/olb for him. which is good for us...

teams trade a lot based on potential all the time... they are called draft picks.

some things to think about. just playing devils advocate to some stuff that's been said, not necessarily arguing one way or the other.

No, Eagles said they wanted Boldin and now reports said they are in the lead for Gonzo. So who knows there Not sure if that's smoke but there are no more reports on BE. Unless they come out of now where which I think is not likely, but possible as an option.

Yeah but not on existing players! We are not going to trade picks and a player for a guy who has a high ceiling and 1 1,1000 yard pro bowl season only and led the league in drops, which raised questions from our scouting department on his focus. We want production to go with that too, especially if we have to pay a team compensation AND the guy a huge contract.

Don't forget we have to pay ELi too, we can't break the bank for BE and then get raped on compensation on top.

Honestly I hope this trade doesn't go down.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
Braylon would be a perfect fit as a receiver who can go up and go get balls. If he does have to wind up with the giants i really hope it involves Kiwi going out the door, maybe something along the lines of kiwi and 3rd or 4th would probably be a good deal for both sides
Reese laughed at the Kiwi speculation because he said we didn't just spend all that money on the DL to secure depth only to trade it away now, lol. Unless it's smoke which can be true, I don't see us trading away DL depth especially since our DEs had none towards the end of last season. Plus the versatility factor..

On the 3rd down..

Kiwi, Tuck, Canty, and Osi.. We trade Kiwi it hurts that rotation. Plus now we are keeping him at DE, so he can gain the muscle mass and weight accordingly and not worry about another position move.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little OT, but Kiwanuka-Tuck-Canty-Umenyiora is gonna be scary as hell if a team is facing the Giants in a passing situation. It was already scary as hell when they have Robbins/Cofield in there.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
A little OT, but Kiwanuka-Tuck-Canty-Umenyiora is gonna be scary as hell if a team is facing the Giants in a passing situation. It was already scary as hell when they have Robbins/Cofield in there.
That's the hope on 3rd down.. Trading Kiwi screws it up.. We should have 4 DEs, 2 of them, Tuck and Canty with the versatility to play inside. Hence trading Kiwi is assinine. If you guys want Kiwi, you GIVE us picks, because now your shopping in the premium section, which is what our team is build on.. Two trenches, OL and DL, if you want to take our DL talent, and take away depth, then forget just BE, you give us some of your picks. Now your shopping in a section that makes us tick. We need DL depth, and OL depth. Our team is built in the trenches and we just added to our DL. So if you want Kiwi, then you give us BE plus picks. Not the other way around. Price goes up because you want to take away from our core focus.

That's why Reese said hell no. Why would we sign depth and make our DL sick, only to trade the depth away? lol. Makes zero sense in my opinion. If ManKo asked for Kiwi, and I were Reese, I'd have the same reaction too.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Rutgers talk reminds me of just how amazing and awesome it was when they were highly ranked, a few seasons ago, powered by the Leonard Leap and the Baltimore Raven Offense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns asking price for Edwards, i agree, is quite laughable. Kiwi is a stud and is getting better every year, unlike Edwards who just had a big regression- i would not even do the trade straight up and they want us to put in a 1st as well....hah ya ok

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the yaer he had last year I would be happy with getting offered a 2nd and a 5th.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
The Browns asking price for Edwards, i agree, is quite laughable. Kiwi is a stud and is getting better every year, unlike Edwards who just had a big regression- i would not even do the trade straight up and they want us to put in a 1st as well....hah ya ok
You act like offering a 2nd and 5th for him isn't just as ridiculous.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
You act like offering a 2nd and 5th for him isn't just as ridiculous.
i'd give 29, Hixon and a 5th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'd give 29, Hixon and a 5th.
29, 2nd round pick, and Mario Manningham.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Flippityskip91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cleveland could always keep one of their best players...maybe? He won't have the option to just leave next year anyways, franchise tag.
Flippityskip91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
29, 2nd round pick, and Mario Manningham.
1st, 2nd AND WR..LOL. And then break the bank and pay the guy as well!

Is your front office planning on taking our front office for dinner date or perhaps a movie? Or are they going to go straight to the screwing?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post

Is your front office planning on taking our front office for dinner date or perhaps a movie? Or are they going to go straight to the screwing?
Ahem...scotty, you can take this one.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

It's not that bad when the Brown's have all the power in the deal. The Giants, with a first receiver, which Braylon would be, are a super bowl contender. No one expects the Browns to be good, so it would be smart for the Browns to ask for a lot knowing that Braylon could be the player that gets the Giants back to the super bowl. I just feel that the caliber of team the Giants are in this trade situation hurts them, because if they are really concerned with getting back to the championship they need a #1 receiver and Braylon is one of maybe a couple options. Now if the Browns are using my thought process, then they should demand a lot.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ahem...scotty, you can take this one.
I don't understand why Scotty would throw in a WR. Reese wants to use picks not players.

Scotty, have you go to BBI and read what Matt said? He is a proven insider and has been giving us the 411 as this drama has been unfolding.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't understand why Scotty would throw in a WR. Reese wants to use picks not players.

Scotty, have you go to BBI and read what Matt said? He is a proven insider and has been giving us the 411 as this drama has been unfolding.
Just....let scotty tell you what that means.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunit2k9 View Post
It's not that bad when the Brown's have all the power in the deal. The Giants, with a first receiver, which Braylon would be, are a super bowl contender. No one expects the Browns to be good, so it would be smart for the Browns to ask for a lot knowing that Braylon could be the player that gets the Giants back to the super bowl. I just feel that the caliber of team the Giants are in this trade situation hurts them, because if they are really concerned with getting back to the championship they need a #1 receiver and Braylon is one of maybe a couple options. Now if the Browns are using my thought process, then they should demand a lot.
Browns don't have all the power on this. If they had 2-4 other teams all wanting his services ok, then I can see that. It's a bidding war then. But it's us and them! lol. And they are a 4-12 team having a clearance sale. Everything must go, except for their franchise LT. Their new regime wants to stockpile picks so that their HC can put his stamp on the franchise. I get that, but they don't have all the leverage.

To say that is laughable, especially since their guy doesn't want to be in Cleveland in the first place. Now I undertand why they want alot, but as far, as leverage is concerned they don't have alot of it We can just walk away from the table and be fine with our 10 picks. Like I mentioned above, we are a running team, and we use our defense to get us where we want to go. Our defensive line now is stacked via free agency and osi comes back healthy. Plus our coaching staff has the whole offseason to adjust everything in terms of passing concepts now that Plax is gone.

We can just walk away and they are stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there. Let them franchise him, and make him even more mad.