Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,479
Reputation: 4254137
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I don't understand why Scotty would throw in a WR. Reese wants to use picks not players.

Scotty, have you go to BBI and read what Matt said? He is a proven insider and has been giving us the 411 as this drama has been unfolding.
I have not, I'll head over there now.

and BT is referring to a trade that he raped me in, in the forum mock. a forum mock that I was hardly active in, and I admitted I got destroyed in the deal. I had my reasons, it was a forum mock, for fun blah blah blah. I'd NEVER make that deal in real life of course.
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sun rises in the East
Posts: 3,262
Reputation: 639791
Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Thanks for the memories but I got no problem trading BE. He's got a serious head-eye-hands issue and doubtful he wants to resign next year. I get the sense the new regime holds him accountable for the Browns terrible offense last year more than DA.

Of the NYG WR's I'd actually prefer Santana's brother. Throw in #29 and a third for measure. In truth I'm betting the Browns are more eager to get compensation for BE than the Giants are needing a Plax replacement-no matter how hard they drive a bargain.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I have not, I'll head over there now.

and BT is referring to a trade that he raped me in, in the forum mock. a forum mock that I was hardly active in, and I admitted I got destroyed in the deal. I had my reasons, it was a forum mock, for fun blah blah blah. I'd NEVER make that deal in real life of course.
Ahh i see... Makes sense now.. I only responded to him, because I been on the Browns forum, and some of their fans actually do want compensation like that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,754
Reputation: 10220
BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Browns don't have all the power on this. If they had 2-4 other teams all wanting his services ok, then I can see that. It's a bidding war then. But it's us and them! lol. And they are a 4-12 team having a clearance sale. Everything must go, except for their franchise LT. Their new regime wants to stockpile picks so that their HC can put his stamp on the franchise. I get that, but they don't have all the leverage.

To say that is laughable, especially since their guy doesn't want to be in Cleveland in the first place. Now I undertand why they want alot, but as far, as leverage is concerned they don't have alot of it We can just walk away from the table and be fine with our 10 picks. Like I mentioned above, we are a running team, and we use our defense to get us where we want to go. Our defensive line now is stacked via free agency and osi comes back healthy. Plus our coaching staff has the whole offseason to adjust everything in terms of passing concepts now that Plax is gone.

We can just walk away and they are stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there. Let them franchise him, and make him even more mad.
That's why Shaun Rogers is gone. They're not looking to go all out rebuilding, they still have almost the same team from a 10-6 year two years ago.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,479
Reputation: 4254137
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Ahh i see... Makes sense now.. I only responded to him, because I been on the Browns forum, and some of their fans actually do want compensation like that.
I know, they're stubborn and pretty damn dilusional on this deal. BT is one stubborn SOB and man is he persistant at 1030 at night hahaha

I would never, ever give that much up for Braylon. not at all
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
That's why Shaun Rogers is gone. They're not looking to go all out rebuilding, they still have almost the same team from a 10-6 year two years ago.
Yeah but everyone is on sale.. if it's the same team keep your players, and picks, and use free agency and good draft to get even better. Trying to trade Quinn and trading K2, and now wanting to trade BE makes zero sense.

And on top of that you have a new HC and GM. So to me it looks like re building and trying to stock pile picks, to put the HC and GM stamp on the team via drafting "their" players. Even people on the Browns board I post in, were like wondering why the total rebuild mode.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,754
Reputation: 10220
BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I know, they're stubborn and pretty damn dilusional on this deal. BT is one stubborn SOB and man is he persistant at 1030 at night hahaha

I would never, ever give that much up for Braylon. not at all
But you did....
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,479
Reputation: 4254137
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
But you did....
scotty=tired
BT=annoying and stubborn
Britt=gone

maybe I just did it because I'm an awesome person, knew I had a busy week, and didn't wanna hold up the draft!
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,747
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

im still sticking by my 1st round, 4th round, maybe comp 4-5 in 2010
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 73
Reputation: 3672
Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.
Default

There is NO way the Giants are trading Kiwi. Remember they had a dominant line with THREE, yes THREE not two beastly DE's rotating in. Kiwi at this point in his career has more Sacks then Strahan did and Tuck did. He played last year after practicing all offseason for OLB and had a week to adjust back to DE, played at 250 instead of his DE weight of 265-270 and played with a high Ankle sprain after Chris Samuels cheap shotted him in the last play of the first game. Kiwi is going to be a top 15 defensive end in a few years, and we all know how much more valuable a top 15 defensive end is to a team then a top 15 WR. On top of that they want a first, get the F out of here.
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: "lulz"
Posts: 5,779
Reputation: 36867
ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I LOL @ the Browns offer it sounds like BT is the Browns GM in real life. Anything more than a 1st round strait up is not even close to worth it.

Boldin > Roy Williams Jr. > Edwards

Zona is looking for a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin and aren't getting any calls. Roy went for a 1st and a 3rd as well and everyone thinks that Dallas got raped in the trade. So to think that Edwards is going for anything higher than a 1st round pick is laughable.
Roy Williams has not been better than Braylon Edwards.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 49
Reputation: 116
cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Browns don't have all the power on this. If they had 2-4 other teams all wanting his services ok, then I can see that. It's a bidding war then. But it's us and them! lol. And they are a 4-12 team having a clearance sale. Everything must go, except for their franchise LT. Their new regime wants to stockpile picks so that their HC can put his stamp on the franchise. I get that, but they don't have all the leverage.

To say that is laughable, especially since their guy doesn't want to be in Cleveland in the first place. Now I undertand why they want alot, but as far, as leverage is concerned they don't have alot of it We can just walk away from the table and be fine with our 10 picks. Like I mentioned above, we are a running team, and we use our defense to get us where we want to go. Our defensive line now is stacked via free agency and osi comes back healthy. Plus our coaching staff has the whole offseason to adjust everything in terms of passing concepts now that Plax is gone.

We can just walk away and they are stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there. Let them franchise him, and make him even more mad.
Do you think you can get back to the super bowl with the current receivers you have? If the answer is no, do you think you can get to the super bowl with an upgraded receiving core? If that answer is yes, what are the options other than Braylon Edwards? Thats how i look at it, if the Giants are comfortable with being nothing more than just a playoff team then they dont have to make the trade, but I do think they need him or someone of equivalent talent to get back to the super bowl. Browns have more leverage than the Giants because he will most likely be gone anyways.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pissed I had to shave my beard to get a job.
Posts: 1,523
Reputation: 5784
Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunit2k9 View Post
Do you think you can get back to the super bowl with the current receivers you have? If the answer is no, do you think you can get to the super bowl with an upgraded receiving core? If that answer is yes, what are the options other than Braylon Edwards? Thats how i look at it, if the Giants are comfortable with being nothing more than just a playoff team then they dont have to make the trade, but I do think they need him or someone of equivalent talent to get back to the super bowl. Browns have more leverage than the Giants because he will most likely be gone anyways.
A) Yes we're a superbowl caliber team starting Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt and Domenik Hixon/Mario Manningham.

B) Alternatives are Anquan Boldin, my personal favorite, or Ocho Cinco who older and still crazy or not is a franchise receiver who shifts coverages.

So I don't see why people think we're so desperate for Braylon, not only is how crucial a stud receiver is to our team debateable but Braylon isn't even the only legit vet number one we could trade for. Honestly if Braylon doesn't cost less than Anquan, then trading for Braylon is jsut stupid. Maybe I'm just dulled to this conversation because every year we lose someone irreplaceable and then we replace them, be it tiki, shockey, strahan or now plax, it seems like every year there's a lot of talk about how we've suffered a massive loss, but then we just keep on truckin because we're strong at our foundations and that's the DL, OL, Eli and the secondary.

Last edited by Mr. Hero : 04-22-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 49
Reputation: 116
cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
A) Yes we're a superbowl caliber team starting Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt and Domenik Hixon/Mario Manningham.

B) Alternatives are Anquan Boldin, my personal favorite, or Ocho Cinco who older and still crazy or not is a franchise receiver who shifts coverages.

So I don't see why people think we're so desperate for Braylon, not only is how crucial a stud receiver is to our team debateable but Braylon isn't even the only legit vet number one we could trade for. Honestly if Braylon doesn't cost less than Anquan, then trading for Braylon is jsut stupid. Maybe I'm just dulled to this conversation because every year we lose someone irreplaceable and then we replace them, be it tiki, shockey, strahan or now plax, it seems like every year there's a lot of talk about how we've suffered a massive loss, but then we just keep on truckin because we're strong at our foundations and that's the DL, OL, Eli and the secondary.
He should cost less than Anquan for sure. Nicks would be a good pickup, I think he will be a good player. You did lose a playmaker though in Ward. I just dont see the Giants getting back to the superbowl if they dont upgrade the receiving core. It could happen though.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,256
Reputation: 1744453
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

As someone who watched the Giants every week I didn't think they were doing anything big last season regardless of whether or not they had Plax. It's just the nature of the league. The media just used the Plax excuse because it made sense (when in reality nothing that happens in the NFL actually makes logical sense in terms of teams on paper). I believe they would've fell short in the playoffs even if they had him honestly.

So yea, I definitely think they can compete without Burress.
__________________
"I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 73
Reputation: 3672
Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.
Default

We can compete in the NFC without a number 1 WR like Plax or Edwards. People forget that Hixon was tossed into the mix from being a number 4 right into being a number 1 and we did not adjust the playbook for plays that would work with Hixon as the number 1. We kept running plays that Plax would run through Hixon which is just retarted (way to go Gilbride). Last year was Hixon's first true year playing WR, half his college career he played Safety and finally got some playing time at WR last year and showed to be pretty decent. I think even if we dont trade for Edwards we can still do pretty good with an upgraded defense and the WR core of Hixon, Smith, Manningham, Moss, Tyree, Rookie WR. Like Jerry Reese said, we are not desperate, there are MANY ways to win a championship in this league. The Giants never had a true number 1 in their other Superbowl years so it is not a necessity.

Our defense is gunna be so much better it's not even funny. We finally have a LB (Boley) who can play all three downs and not get smoked by smaller RBs like Westy. We have probably the best and deepest Dline in football with the signings of Canty/Bernard, getting Osi back and Robbins/Kiwi/Tuck finally being more healthy. With the emergence of Corey Webster last year as a top 10 corner our secondary should be pretty decent with the pressure our front four can provide. Hopefully Kenny Phillips takes that next step and shows us some big things, one thing we know is that he's probably the best open field tackler on our team.
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,063
Reputation: 54387
j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What a joke this thread is. All I seem to be reading is ludicrous ideas and Giants fans calling Reese a "baller." First off, what the Browns are asking for is high and what the Giants are offering is low. Both are to blame. This isn't "baller" of any of the gm's as it does nothing to improve your club. If anything, it's helping Cleveland have a legitimate WR next year.

Please explain how the Giants hold all the cards? I find it hilarious to keep reading this. Is it because there is no other reported suitor? You're all forgetting one other team that could get Braylon Edwards;




That's right, he doesn't have to be traded at all. This isn't Denver and Cutler where a trade has to happen. We can easily keep him, there's numerous reports that state Edwards never asked to be traded, wants to remain in Cleveland; hell, I'll quote them for you so you don't seem stupid [looking at your shocking] when you start talking about how he hates it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio.com
BEREA: Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards insisted that he was not trying to orchestrate a trade when he said after a loss Monday to the Philadelphia Eagles that he felt ''unappreciated'' and that he's a ''marked man'' because he played at Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAtoday
"I don't want to be traded," Edwards said Thursday. "I want to be here in Cleveland. I want to make plays. I want to have fun and I just want to enjoy it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland.com
Monday he [Edwards] said that he wants to stay in Cleveland and help turn the Browns around.
The fact comes down to the Giants need Edwards more than Cleveland does. True we are the 4-12 team, but without a legitimate WR, what is New York? Not a Super Bowl contender [as evident last season]. Is a guy like Harvin, Hicks, Britt seriously going to take on the huge void left by Burress [keep saying it's not that big, your offense didn't even hiccup in his absence]? You didn't go from Super Contender to Super Pretender in one bullet to the leg.[/sarcasm]

What other wide receiver is available that you are able to acquire for this magical 2nd and 5th? You're crying after what the Browns asked for, wait till you call Arizona. Plus, all reports are saying that Ocho Cinco isn't available with his value so low. There's no way Cincy can get 2 firsts for him which is what they passed on, and are looking to keep him still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking
We can just walk away and they are stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there. Let them franchise him, and make him even more mad.
All Edwards has said, all of Edward's family has stated, is they want to remain in Cleveland! The only person who's said otherwise is Kellen Winslow. Seriously stop talking out of your ass on a subject you obviously know nothing about.

It's easy, you can walk away from trade talks, keep your DE depth, have this magical 3rd down pass rush, but still have a dismal offense, losing 2 play makers in Burress [whom there is no replacement] and Ward, try to develop a WR who may be a bust for all you know in Nicks, Harvin, Robiskie, Britt, etc, and try to compete in arguably the best division in football or you can get a young, pro-bowl caliber player that can easily be better then Burress and won't shoot himself in the leg either.

TL;RD summary: Giants + Edwards = contender. Giants + Nicks/Britt/Robiskie/Harvin = pretender.
__________________

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,930
Reputation: 2307
Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I agree that a 1st and Kiwanuka is too much. 2nd and a mid round pick is too low though. Even a 1st by itself is too low. It's basically trading Edwards for a rookie WR who's future prospects are as a #2 (Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt), or something of similar value if it's not a WR picked at 29. It's a first rounder, yeah, but by only 3 slots. 1st and 3rd or something of that value or that range is what Edwards should go for. 1st/5th/Hixon or Manningham would make sense too.
I'm going to throw my two cents in here. Saying that the WRs probably available at #29 (Britt and Nicks) are not capable of being number one receivers at the next level is a little short sighted. They were both number one receivers in college despite having mediocre quarterback play and good receivers across from them to compete against. They both improved in every year at school. They're both juniors so they are young and have high ceilings.

Moreover between 2001 and 2007 (since it's way too early to fairly judge last years crop of rookies) #1 receivers in the league like Roddy White, Chad Johnson, Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin (who was the Cards #1 for years before Fitzgerald's emergence), Reggie Wayne, and Dwayne Bowe have been taken in the late first round or second round. So it's certainly not far fetched for a WR with a round 1-2 projection to become a #1 target in the NFL.

If Cleveland aquires the Giants 1st rounder and chooses well they could within three years have a player as productive (or more) as Edwards at a bargain price and in the meanwhile the money they would have spent to locking Edwards up long term can go towards resigning other guys or dipping into the free agency well.

After dangling Edwards as trade bait for so long the Browns will have to put up with a malcontent WR for a while if a trade doesn't get done. Yes I know Edwards has said all the right things in recent months but if the new management is so willing to trade him now I'm skeptical he fits into their long term plans in Cleveland. In recent history such situations have never worked out for the teams in question if they didn't pull the trigger on a decent option when they had one on the table.

I think the Browns should trade Edwards while they can. Obviously see how far the Giants are willing to budge. A 1st and a 3rd does seem reasonable or a 1st and a vet like Hixon but demanding too much could bite them in the end.
__________________
10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Last edited by Solomon : 04-23-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,063
Reputation: 54387
j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I'm going to throw my two cents in here. Saying that the WRs probably available at #29 (Britt and Nicks) are not capable of being number one receivers at the next level is a little short sighted. They were both number one receivers in college despite having mediocre quarterback play and good receivers across from them to compete against. They both improved in every year at school. They're both juniors so they are young and have high ceilings.

Moreover between 2001 and 2007 (since it's way too early to fairly judge last years crop of rookies) #1 receivers in the league like Roddy White, Chad Johnson, Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin (who was the Cards #1 for years before Fitzgerald's emergence), Reggie Wayne, and Dwayne Bowe have been taken in the late first round or second round prospects. So it's certainly not far fetched for a WR with a round 1-2 projection to become a #1 target in the NFL.
True, but it doesn't negate he fact that they are PROJECTS. They aren't going to play on a level of Calvin Johnson, Anquan Bolden, Braylon Edwards or even Steve Smith. They aren't going to be an immediate impact in their first season. They are going to take years to develop to eventually match their ceiling and become a number 1 and for a team that can already win now, with a void at WR, why put a project there when you can put a proven veteran there now? Why not use that "project" pick on some more DL depth and have them learn with some of the best? It's not like this class is deep at DE or anything. >_>
__________________

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pissed I had to shave my beard to get a job.
Posts: 1,523
Reputation: 5784
Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

When did Ward become a playmaker? If anything giving his carries to Bradshaw would give our offense more playmaking. As for our end of the season offense it's true we faultered but that's because we asked Hixon to step in and do what Plax used to. Adjusting our passing game to the talent we do have would make our offense much more efficient and with an improved defense, oline and more explosive running game we're definitely superbowl contenders.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,930
Reputation: 2307
Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
True, but it doesn't negate he fact that they are PROJECTS. They aren't going to play on a level of Calvin Johnson, Anquan Bolden, Braylon Edwards or even Steve Smith. They aren't going to be an immediate impact in their first season. They are going to take years to develop to eventually match their ceiling and become a number 1 and for a team that can already win now, with a void at WR, why put a project there when you can put a proven veteran there now? Why not use that "project" pick on some more DL depth and have them learn with some of the best? It's not like this class is deep at DE or anything. >_>
We really have no idea what they are capable of in their first years. Last year both Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal played at a high level as rookies. I would not be surprised if both Nicks and Britt imediately play at or above the level of "Steve Smith".

Secondly The Browns don't even have to spend the Giants compensation on a WR to replace Edwards. If they want they might be able to grab Crabtree who many people (on this board and NFL people who have spoken about him) seem convinced is not a project pick at all and then spend that late first rounder on a pass rushing OLB, DE or safety.
__________________
10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,063
Reputation: 54387
j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
We really have no idea what they are capable of in their first years. Last year both Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal played at a high level as rookies. I would not be surprised if both Nicks and Britt imediately play at or above the level of "Steve Smith".

Secondly The Browns don't even have to spend the Giants compensation on a WR to replace Edwards. If they want they might be able to grab Crabtree who many people (on this board and NFL people who have spoken about him) seem convinced is not a project pick at all and then spend that late first rounder on a pass rushing OLB, DE or safety.
First part, I would say that's the exception to the rule. Second part, I have no clue what your talking about and why you even brought it up.
__________________

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,460
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Giants should nut up and get Boldin. This is too much fuss for Braylon officially.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,256
Reputation: 1744453
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not even a Giants fan but I'm going to respond to some of this before someone loses their cool because some of it is terrible.

Quote:
We can easily keep him, there's numerous reports that state Edwards never asked to be traded, wants to remain in Cleveland; hell, I'll quote them for you so you don't seem stupid [looking at your shocking] when you start talking about how he hates it here.
I mean I'll agree to disagree with you on where Braylon wants to be. I believe it's not difficult to uncover the truth that he's a guy who would love to play in the spotlight of NY and is definitely ready to move on from Cleveland. He's "Hollywood". You say K2 is the only person who brought up him wanting to leave- why do you think that is? The quotes (dates?) are fine, but just because he has half of a brain and realizes that publicly posturing for a trade isn't the way to get one done doesn't mean he wouldn't welcome a move to NY. The rumors have to start somewhere. Why is Edwards the only big WR being talked about? Where there's smoke there's sometimes fire. The bottom line is none of us know for sure but all indications point to him wanting out of Cleveland, and I think any objective fan would recognize that.

You're thinking about "easily" keeping him is short-sighted.

Yes the Browns can easily keep him for this season. Then he is an UFA. Theoretically, they can "easily" keep him for 2010 also because of the franchise tag. Realistically, tagging a WR on a one-year franchise deal is not a smart option, especially when the guy is looking to leave.

Quote:
All Edwards has said, all of Edward's family has stated, is they want to remain in Cleveland! The only person who's said otherwise is Kellen Winslow. Seriously stop talking out of your ass on a subject you obviously know nothing about.
He's talking out of his ass but you're using a family's statements to determine whether or not a pro athlete will be traded.
Quote:
It's easy, you can walk away from trade talks, keep your DE depth, have this magical 3rd down pass rush, but still have a dismal offense, losing 2 play makers in Burress [whom there is no replacement] and Ward, try to develop a WR who may be a bust for all you know in Nicks, Harvin, Robiskie, Britt, etc, and try to compete in arguably the best division in football or you can get a young, pro-bowl caliber player that can easily be better then Burress and won't shoot himself in the leg either.
The Giants NEVER had a dismal offense. That is horribly wrong. I see you love the paper game so I'll play it (even though execution, momentum, confidence, and luck are gigantic mitigating factors). They have arguably the best OL in football and a devastating ground attack. A SB-winning QB (no Eli debate please- he's at least "good"- never missed the playoffs), and decent receivers. Even if you want to say the receiving corps is awful, the running game (on paper- yay) makes the offense better than dismal. Just doing it before a real Giant fan gets angry.

The loss of Burress hurt but it's not like the team can't win without him. They won in Pittsburgh when he went for 15 yards, in Philly when he went for 17 yards, and went 4-2 without him. They started losing down the stretch because they were being outplayed, not because of Plaxico Burress. The reality was Burress wasn't even much a factor at all after Week 2. The media just loves to try to make some paper-rationalization out of the NFL when sometimes teams just lose because they are outplayed or get unlucky.
Quote:
TL;RD summary: Giants + Edwards = contender. Giants + Nicks/Britt/Robiskie/Harvin = pretender.
1) There is no formula. Dolphins + Chad Pennington = 1-15 to playoffs.

2) So much love for paper champions. Edwards is better than a rookie so they automatically win x amount more games. Not if he plays like he did last year...

3) "For all we know, the rookies could bust." Exactly. And conversely, they could be BETTER than Edwards. We just don't know.
__________________
"I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,256
Reputation: 1744453
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
When did Ward become a playmaker? If anything giving his carries to Bradshaw would give our offense more playmaking. As for our end of the season offense it's true we faultered but that's because we asked Hixon to step in and do what Plax used to. Adjusting our passing game to the talent we do have would make our offense much more efficient and with an improved defense, oline and more explosive running game we're definitely superbowl contenders.
I forgot to mention about Ward.

Newsflash: Losing Derrick Ward will do NOTHING to the Giants great running game. Derrick Ward played well last season no doubt, but he's nothing more than a serviceable pro back who was fortunate enough to be in the BEST situation possible. Jacobs wore down defenses and he had the best blocking unit in the league paving the way for him.

He's a nice player, but backs like him are a dime-a-dozen.

After Tiki retired, I said the Giants wouldn't miss a beat in the running game and got blasted for it.

The funniest thing about losing Ward is that they actually have an upgrade for him on their roster already in Bradshaw. The questions are:

A) do they value him too much as a ST guy and just find any back to plug in that RB 1B spot?

B) do they trust his ball security to give him 10-15 touches a game consistently.

I don't know, but it was painfully obvious that he's a better player than Ward.
__________________
"I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.