Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i don't think Ahmad being a capable returner will limit how much they give him the ball now that ward's out of the picture. My best guess is that we'll draft a late round corner to polish as Dockery's replacement as the slot/quick receiver corner and that guy will battle with the loser of the Hixon/Mario/Moss battle for a starting spot for the return spots.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think the Giants could trade Kiwi and it wouldn't effect them too much, as long as they stay healthy and find someone who can have a similar impact, though losing him would be tough.
I think that the Colts could trade Manning and it wouldn't effect them too much, as long as they [...] find someone who can have a similar impact.

That's a pretty basic statement.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
What a joke this thread is. All I seem to be reading is ludicrous ideas and Giants fans calling Reese a "baller." First off, what the Browns are asking for is high and what the Giants are offering is low. Both are to blame. This isn't "baller" of any of the gm's as it does nothing to improve your club. If anything, it's helping Cleveland have a legitimate WR next year.

Please explain how the Giants hold all the cards? I find it hilarious to keep reading this. Is it because there is no other reported suitor? You're all forgetting one other team that could get Braylon Edwards;

That's right, he doesn't have to be traded at all. This isn't Denver and Cutler where a trade has to happen. We can easily keep him, there's numerous reports that state Edwards never asked to be traded, wants to remain in Cleveland; hell, I'll quote them for you so you don't seem stupid [looking at your shocking] when you start talking about how he hates it here.

The fact comes down to the Giants need Edwards more than Cleveland does. True we are the 4-12 team, but without a legitimate WR, what is New York? Not a Super Bowl contender [as evident last season]. Is a guy like Harvin, Hicks, Britt seriously going to take on the huge void left by Burress [keep saying it's not that big, your offense didn't even hiccup in his absence]? You didn't go from Super Contender to Super Pretender in one bullet to the leg.[/sarcasm]

What other wide receiver is available that you are able to acquire for this magical 2nd and 5th? You're crying after what the Browns asked for, wait till you call Arizona. Plus, all reports are saying that Ocho Cinco isn't available with his value so low. There's no way Cincy can get 2 firsts for him which is what they passed on, and are looking to keep him still.

All Edwards has said, all of Edward's family has stated, is they want to remain in Cleveland! The only person who's said otherwise is Kellen Winslow. Seriously stop talking out of your ass on a subject you obviously know nothing about.

It's easy, you can walk away from trade talks, keep your DE depth, have this magical 3rd down pass rush, but still have a dismal offense, losing 2 play makers in Burress [whom there is no replacement] and Ward, try to develop a WR who may be a bust for all you know in Nicks, Harvin, Robiskie, Britt, etc, and try to compete in arguably the best division in football or you can get a young, pro-bowl caliber player that can easily be better then Burress and won't shoot himself in the leg either.

TL;RD summary: Giants + Edwards = contender. Giants + Nicks/Britt/Robiskie/Harvin = pretender.
I am going by reports that have been available. If he wants to stay in Cleveland why hasn't he accepted a extension? Is he working out with the team and trying to make a good impression for the new regime there?

Magical 3rd down pass rush? Yeah I would rather keep our DL depth then trade him for what? 1 WR who had 1 pro bowl 1,000 plus yard season. And on top of that we have to break the bank to pay him. Screw that! You guys can keep him, and actually build a team so you don't suck even more next season.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunit2k9 View Post
Do you think you can get back to the super bowl with the current receivers you have? If the answer is no, do you think you can get to the super bowl with an upgraded receiving core? If that answer is yes, what are the options other than Braylon Edwards? Thats how i look at it, if the Giants are comfortable with being nothing more than just a playoff team then they dont have to make the trade, but I do think they need him or someone of equivalent talent to get back to the super bowl. Browns have more leverage than the Giants because he will most likely be gone anyways.
Why not? Defense wins championships not OFFENSE!! We made the changes we needed to for our DL, to provide depth so that our guys won't get tired.

We have other options other than BE:

1. Get BE

2. Get Boldin

3. Use our 10 pick and upgrade our total team

4. Coughlin, a former wr coach, and Gilbride, will tweak the playbook to now balance out the passing concepts. So instead of relying on X in progressions for each play, now you can balance it to fit the existing talent, which is something that we couldn't do mid season when Burress pulled a Chedda bob.

Just because the media and fan base has a knee jerk reaction to this doesn't mean our organization has to. If they were like the fans and media this deal probably would have been done ages ago.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 04-23-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns shouldn't give into anything less than what they feel Edwards is really worth. Edwards is due for a new contract in the next year or two, right? What's he gonna do, not perform when he knows he's playing for a new contract? Riiight. Maybe the Browns won't keep him long term, but they should still get high level effort from him until he leaves. If he's not happy while staying in Cleveland, making #3 overall pick money, too bad.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW all the mocks are assuming this trade is happening, they (including the God Almighty We're ESPN & Our Word Is Law! Mock) have the Browns taking Crabtree at #5 now to replace Edwards........

Well whoop-tee-freakin'-doo, what about all the other needs Cleveland (A) has now after trading away KW3, & (B) will have by draft day when Mangini continues his batshit evisceration of the entire talent core? I guess they're going to be forced to draft about 10-11 players with a QB to make up the shortfall if Quinn goes away. Mangini has this cockamamie pipe dream of stockpiling that many picks & too many offensive holes will kill him anyway his 1st yr, why do I get the feeling he's basking in the warmth of all this frictive heat he's created? Sometimes 1st yr HCs in a new town trade just for the gleeful joy of trading or they like seeing their names in the sports section with an exclamation point after it.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Why not? Defense wins championships not OFFENSE!! We made the changes we needed to for our DL, to provide depth so that our guys won't get tired.

We have other options other than BE:

1. Get BE

2. Get Boldin

3. Use our 10 pick and upgrade our total team

4. Coughlin, a former wr coach, and Gilbride, will tweak the playbook to now balance out the passing concepts. So instead of relying on X in progressions for each play, now you can balance it to fit the existing talent, which is something that we couldn't do mid season when Burress pulled a Chedda bob.

Just because the media and fan base has a knee jerk reaction to this doesn't mean our organization has to. If they were like the fans and media this deal probably would have been done ages ago.
Everyone knows defense wins championships but still look at recent history.. most of the super bowl teams had great defenses and great offenses. The only exceptions i believe would be the Bucs and Ravens, and those two defenses were probably 2 of the best 5 or 10 ever. The Giants should have a great defense, but not on that level. Thats why i think they need one more weapon. Agree?
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
When did Ward become a playmaker? If anything giving his carries to Bradshaw would give our offense more playmaking. As for our end of the season offense it's true we faultered but that's because we asked Hixon to step in and do what Plax used to. Adjusting our passing game to the talent we do have would make our offense much more efficient and with an improved defense, oline and more explosive running game we're definitely superbowl contenders.
5.6 YPC is very high, meaning he gets a lot of yards when he touches the ball. Am I wrong? How is your running game more explosive too when you lose a 1000 yard rusher?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Everyone knows defense wins championships but still look at recent history.. most of the super bowl teams had great defenses and great offenses. The only exceptions i believe would be the Bucs and Ravens, and those two defenses were probably 2 of the best 5 or 10 ever. The Giants should have a great defense, but not on that level. Thats why i think they need one more weapon. Agree?
To certain extent, hence using the 10 picks to take care of that. We can use those picks for OL, WR, RB, or any offensive position other than QB obviously. NO our defense isn't at that level, but then again you don't need to be. Just be able to sack the QB and pressure him, and then let it play out. That's all I ask, limit the time a QB has to make plays, even sack him, and if he can make them good bless that team, if not, then see the superbowl with Tom Brady. Then let us control the clock with our running game, and take that route.

Plus the one thing people don't realize is that our coaching staff will adjust to the players we have now that they have time. Look at how they adjusted when Shockey got traded? Did anyone see our running game last year? That was an adjustment due to shockey being traded based on seeing Boss get owned running power concept without Shockey. It was a mess watching Boss run block in the playoffs during our superbowl run.

Like I said there are many ways to skin a cat, having a knee jerk reaction to losing a number 1 WR isn't productive. Coughlin preaches balance in his offense, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Gilbride re do some of the passing concepts and making it more balanced to fit our offense, and not so heavy for the the X spot, fitting Burress's skill set.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
5.6 YPC is very high, meaning he gets a lot of yards when he touches the ball. Am I wrong? How is your running game more explosive too when you lose a 1000 yard rusher?
Our running system is basically plug and play. We lost Tiki, and we plugged Jacobs. Ward was basically an outcast by the Jets, and signed him. Same with Ware. Hixon from the Broncos, and thanks to the Rams for cutting Madison Hedgecock. Our offense got it's parts from other teams who were very nice to let these guys go.

So we developed Ware, and we have 10 picks to draft an RB if need be. Plus Bradshaw's skill set is alot better than Wards's skill set. As long as our OL is healthy, we will be fine. Everyone is signed and locked up long term and they aren't going anymore. Our system basically now is a plug and play system.

If you are free we can sign you and you may do well behind our line. : )
Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
To certain extent, hence using the 10 picks to take care of that. We can use those picks for OL, WR, RB, or any offensive position other than QB obviously. NO our defense isn't at that level, but then again you don't need to be. Just be able to sack the QB and pressure him, and then let it play out. That's all I ask, limit the time a QB has to make plays, even sack him, and if he can make them good bless that team, if not, then see the superbowl with Tom Brady. Then let us control the clock with our running game, and take that route.

Plus the one thing people don't realize is that our coaching staff will adjust to the players we have now that they have time. Look at how they adjusted when Shockey got traded? Did anyone see our running game last year? That was an adjustment due to shockey being traded based on seeing Boss get owned running power concept without Shockey. It was a mess watching Boss run block in the playoffs during our superbowl run.

Like I said there are many ways to skin a cat, having a knee jerk reaction to losing a number 1 WR isn't productive. Coughlin preaches balance in his offense, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Gilbride re do some of the passing concepts and making it more balanced to fit our offense, and not so heavy for the the X spot, fitting Burress's skill set.
Fair enough.