Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ex-Jag Jimmy Smith faces pot, cocaine charges

Well it sounds like Jimmy Smith is enjoying his retirement. :-)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4090836

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Jimmy Smith was pulled over Wednesday afternoon and found with crack cocaine and marijuana in his car, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Smith, who played 10 seasons for Jacksonville, was pulled over on Interstate 95 in Jacksonville for excessive window tint on his 2009 Mercedes Benz, Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Bill Leeper said.

The trooper reported that the inside of the car smelled like burnt marijuana. During a search, the trooper found crack cocaine, marijuana and a business card with powder cocaine residue in the car's center console.

Smith faces multiple drug charges, plus a charge of driving with a suspended license. He was being held at the Duval County Jail with no bond set.

Smith retired from the Jaguars in 2006 after playing from 1995 to 2005. He finished with 862 receptions and 12,287 receiving yards and 67 touchdowns. He was a five-time Pro Bowl selection.

Despite the exceptional stats, Smith's career was not without problems.

In 2001, he had three operations to remove scar tissue from his abdomen. Some questioned whether he would play again, but he caught 112 passes for 1,373 yards -- despite being arrested in November that year for suspicion of drunken driving. Tests later revealed he had cocaine in his system. He vehemently denied using the drug.

He was suspended for the first four games of the 2003 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He then publicly acknowledged an addiction and spent several weeks in rehab.

Smith also had problems before joining the Jaguars.

The third receiver selected in the 1992 draft behind Desmond Howard and Carl Pickens, Smith broke his leg and missed most of his rookie season. In 1993, he needed an emergency appendectomy and suffered through infection and stomach problems. He missed the entire year. He didn't play in 1994 after getting cut by Dallas and Philadelphia.

In 1995, he caught on with the expansion Jaguars after his mother sent coach Tom Coughlin a binder of press clippings to help him earn a tryout.

He made the most of his chance, teaming with Keenan McCardell to help land the Jaguars in the playoffs in only their second season.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy I always liked.....sad to see things like this happen.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like Jaguars curse follows you even after you retire
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that sucks. Good luck to him. Not looking good though.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No wonder he pwned the Joes on Pros vs. Joes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ehh this is sad.

But I just realized 3 Jaguar receivers have been caught with cocaine. Jimmy Smith, Matt Jones, Reggie Williams (allegedly I think). What a trend.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Ehh this is sad.

But I just realized 3 Jaguar receivers have been caught with cocaine. Jimmy Smith, Matt Jones, Reggie Williams (allegedly I think). What a trend.
What do you think they do instead of extra practice?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So is the jags' WR coach making cash on the side by selling yay/crack or something?
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
So is the jags' WR coach making cash on the side by selling yay/crack or something?
lol .....(ten).....
Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Seems like it huh? The yola in Jacksonville must be good.

Very sad situation, though. Looks like another stint in rehab is in Jimmy's future.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the real thing to realize from this story is that Jimmy Smith could make the Jags roster today.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think the real thing to realize from this story is that Jimmy Smith could make the Jags roster today.
Ha, that's true. Makes me wonder, too, if this is what led to his abrupt retirement. Perhaps he failed another test a la Ricky Williams and just retired. He was old enough to where people wouldn't question it.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smith, who played 10 seasons for Jacksonville, was pulled over on Interstate 95 in Jacksonville for excessive window tint on his 2009 Mercedes Benz, Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Bill Leeper said.
Gotta stop that excessive window tint from threatening our community...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i honestly never saw this coming

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait did he got caught with soft or hard
Old 04-23-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's using your dip stick Jimmy!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
If i saw a vehicle creeping around my block with windows so dark i couldn't see inside, you're damn right i'd feel threatened.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

jay cutler's #1 fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Might as well let people cover their license plates while they drive too. I'm all for individual rights but law enforcement needs to be able to see inside cars to identify who is in inside.
jay cutler's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
Might as well let people cover their license plates while they drive too. I'm all for individual rights but law enforcement needs to be able to see inside cars to identify who is in inside.
Why, so they can profile more than they already do?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Why, so they can profile more than they already do?
Stolen cars, fake plates, covered plates, etc. It's important to be able to see who is driving a vehicle or it can be difficult to solve and prosecute crimes.

Also, excessive tint can be dangerous for the driver because it reduces visibility.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Ehh this is sad.

I blame the generic last names.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
Stolen cars, fake plates, covered plates, etc. It's important to be able to see who is driving a vehicle or it can be difficult to solve and prosecute crimes.

Also, excessive tint can be dangerous for the driver because it reduces visibility.
What relation does tinted windows have at all with stolen cars or fake plates? All the police have to do is run the plates and see if they match with the car and/or come up stolen. The cops are going to get a nice good look at whoever is driving once he has been pulled over. They don't need to see into my car while I'm driving any more than the guy driving next to me.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 04-23-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
What relation does tinted windows have at all with stolen cars or fake plates? All the police have to do is run the plates and see if they match with the car and/or come up stolen. The cops are going to get a nice good look at whoever is driving once he has been pulled over. They don't need to see into my car while I'm driving any more than the guy driving next to me.
If you commit a hit and run, steal a car, etc. it is almost impossible to identify who did it if the windows are tinted. If witnesses or the police can see in the car though, they can identify the driver.

Plus, excessive tint is a safety issue like I already mentioned.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

excessive tint is technically enough and a safety issue. but technically it is legal to beat your wife with the bristle end of a brush in georgia, sodomy is illegal is most states, etc. there are plenty of laws on the books that could be enforced but aren't. excessive tint is pure BS. shouldn't he be out cleaning up the streets and making sure kids make it home from school alright instead of worrying about the window tint of expensive cars?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
excessive tint is technically enough and a safety issue. but technically it is legal to beat your wife with the bristle end of a brush in georgia, sodomy is illegal is most states, etc. there are plenty of laws on the books that could be enforced but aren't. excessive tint is pure BS. shouldn't he be out cleaning up the streets and making sure kids make it home from school alright instead of worrying about the window tint of expensive cars?
It is in no way legal to beat your wife with anything in Georgia. That is complete b/s.