Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
And for Syracuse you have probably 2 Hall of Famers playing in the NFL right now in McNabb and Harrison (although he might be out of the league soon!) Freeney also probably has a shot at the Hall too so I'd say 3 potential Hall-Of-Famers in the NFL right now for Syracuse.
Not to mention, Keith Bulluck who is a lock for the acclaimed "Hall of Very Good."

Awesome stuff, ironman!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished updating the original post. After looking at it, I'd actually have to put Tennessee behind Miami at #2, and that is not what I expected. They've had some pretty darn good players over the last 10 years.

EDIT:I'll put some of the others mentioned in the OP as well, like Florida State, LSU, Texas etc. when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Not to mention, Keith Bulluck who is a lock for the acclaimed "Hall of Very Good."

Awesome stuff, ironman!
Yeah, I was going to mention Bulluck but the fact is that he isn't a Hall of Famer. He had a string of some pretty dominant seasons but that probably won't get him in. I definitely agree with you though - Hall of Very Good! Lol.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this for Syracuse, over the last 10 years they've had 4 first round picks, and only one of the four hasn't at least made the pro bowl.

Quote:

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Any NFL factory list w/o Miami # 1 is a joke. USC is becoming bust central. During the Pete Carroll era, USC has produced only 3 good pros.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Any NFL factory list w/o Miami # 1 is a joke. USC is becoming bust central. During the Pete Carroll era, USC has produced only 3 good pros.
I hope Mike Patterson falls under that list of three good pros. He's awesome.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

I was thinking Polamalu, Palmer, and Tatupu. Though I did not hear his name during 2008 season.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking Polamalu, Palmer, and Tatupu. Though I did not hear his name during 2008 season.
Patterson=sex panther.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is number 1.

Carson and Troy weren't recruited by Pete, but he did help bring the best of of them.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Depends what you mean by good pros.

Here are guys who start or play extended roles for NFL teams as of last season.

Bush
Cassell
Ellis
Kalil
Lutui
Patterson
Rachal
Rivers
Smith
White
Baker
Cody

That is not counting the rookies this year obviously although you have to assume a few of those guys will start.

In short I don't think it is fair to call USC bust central. It is more a case of them sending alot of guys and an appropriate percentage busting.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post

Bush
Cassell
Ellis
Kalil
Lutui
Patterson
Rachal
Rivers
Smith
White
Baker
Cody

That is not counting the rookies this year obviously although you have to assume a few of those guys will start.

In short I don't think it is fair to call USC bust central. It is more a case of them sending alot of guys and an appropriate percentage busting.

That's really not very many when you consider the number of guys they've had drafted and the number of first rounders they've had.

Quote:

Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-time I think Ohio State and Michigan have more pros than Notre Dame but I could be wrong. I know USC and Miami are definitely up there. In recent history (last 10-15 years or so) the top pro factories are most definitely Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, and Florida State "if memory serves me correct."
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
That's really not very many when you consider the number of guys they've had drafted and the number of first rounders they've had.
a factory produces a lot

usc produces a lot of good players regardless of how many bad players too

a list of "highest percent of good players out of schools drafted players" might look different

that would make some div II school that has had one good player drafted look better than usc though
Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Texas > Syracuse.

Big time

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
a factory produces a lot

usc produces a lot of good players regardless of how many bad players too

a list of "highest percent of good players out of schools drafted players" might look different

that would make some div II school that has had one good player drafted look better than usc though
Do they though? They've had 56 players drafted since '99 (not including this year), and only have 29 players that are still active in the NFL. Only 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 All Pros. According to the list Dagagad put up, they only have 12 players currently starting or playing extended roles. I'm sorry, that's really not a lot of good players.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Do they though? They've had 56 players drafted since '99 (not including this year), and only have 29 players that are still active in the NFL. Only 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 All Pros. According to the list Dagagad put up, they only have 12 players currently starting or playing extended roles. I'm sorry, that's really not a lot of good players.
They are players that are good enough to get drafted into the NFL. That is the sole requirement of the term football factory.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've probably already made Marvin Harrison's bust for the Hall, but McNabb isn't going to make it at the rate he's going. And between McNabb and Freeney, I would say Freeney is more deserving of the Hall at this point.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

How the hell can someone make a top 10 list and not include Georgia?

No School has produced better NFL talent than Georgia the last 10 years.

From 99-08 (before this last draft) - 56 players had been selected from Georgia.

10 players in the first round.

44 players were on rosters at the end of last year.

Among these players are names like Champ Bailey, Hines Ward, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud, Charles Grant and Will Witherspoon.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
They are players that are good enough to get drafted into the NFL. That is the sole requirement of the term football factory.
I never said USC wasn't a football factory. But their record of having successful players or players that stick in the league and become productive pros isn't great over the last 10 years, thus I wouldn't put them at #1, or even 2 or 3 most likely if we're talking recent history. I'd still have them in the top 10 though, as I said in an earlier post.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
How the hell can someone make a top 10 list and not include Georgia?

No School has produced better NFL talent than Georgia the last 10 years.

From 99-08 (before this last draft) - 56 players had been selected from Georgia.

10 players in the first round.

44 players were on rosters at the end of last year.

Among these players are names like Champ Bailey, Hines Ward, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud, Charles Grant and Will Witherspoon.
Um, Miami?

I would include them in a recent top 10 certainly. However, according to football reference.com, Georgia had 30 active players at the end of last year, not 44. In the 10 year time frame, they've had 4 Pro Bowlers (Champ Bailey, Kendrell Bell, Marcus Stroud, Richard Seymour), and 2 All Pros (Bailey and Seymour). That doesn't come close to a team like Miami, and I'd hesitate to put them above Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State or Tennessee. While Georgia has produced alot of talent, I don't they'd be top 5 on my list of recent football factories at this point.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Just started putting the names of the Pro Bowlers and All Pros in for each school, as well as the number of times for each guy. I only have Syracuse, Alabama, and of course Michigan entered so far, but I'll get them all plus the other schools eventually.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bush
Cassell
Ellis
Kalil
Lutui
Patterson
Rachal
Rivers
Smith
White
Baker
Cody

palmer? polamalu? tatupu?

can probably add lawrence Jackson and Terrell Thomas to that list as well.

Last edited by soybean : 05-16-2009 at 08:23 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Hah, I didn't even notice he didn't have those guys on there.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Yea sorry, that list is by no means definitive. Add to it by all means.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Quote:
I never said USC wasn't a football factory. But their record of having successful players or players that stick in the league and become productive pros isn't great over the last 10 years, thus I wouldn't put them at #1, or even 2 or 3 most likely if we're talking recent history. I'd still have them in the top 10 though, as I said in an earlier post.
I thought the word 'factory' implied gross numbers. The no 1 'factory' would be the one that produced the most nfl players. I'm in favor of this system because it is simple.

You seem to be talking about something much more subjective. First you would have to make some guidelines for what makes a good pro/productive pro.

The first criteria is pretty simple, stuck in the league. This would mean they are on an NFL roster as of right now.

I'd propose that productive pro, means that they start or play an extended role.

You could also add a third category, all pro. As this could tell you which college produces elite players. This one might be a little biased though. Hypothetically if a college got a lot of players drafted 7 years ago rather than 3 years ago they would have more all pros.

Anyway, seeing as I really don't feel like studying korean/cleaning my apartment this afternoon I'll do this for Georgia and USC. I'm not a fan of either. In fact I don't tend to like teams with pro style offenses. So I'm not biased either way.

Results will be taken from last 10 drafts not counting this years. (99-08) including undrafted guys from those classes. I'll just go through the rosters/depth charts/ all pro lists. Starter means starts now/started for 5 years of the past ten.

I'll post the results in a bit.

no special teams all pros..i'm not going thru a bunch of kickers.

Last edited by Dagagad : 05-17-2009 at 12:01 AM.