Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best/Worst 'Analysts'

Like:
Mayock
Billick
Mora [When he was there]
Schefter
Primetime
Casserly

Lukewarm:
Wyche
Eisen

Despise:
Charles Davis
Jamie Dukes

There's a quick list, I'm a pretty easy guy to please, as long as you have some clue what your talking about and don't come off as a moron. Jamie Dukes and Davis have neither of those qualities. I think my favorite is Mayock, or Schefter, both are articulate and have a clue about things.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No ESPN guys? For the most part I agree with those guys, but I'd put Eisen in "Like" as well as Wyche, and put Prime in the Lukewarm. I too, am very easy to please.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like:
Mayock
Eisen
Wilcots
Faulk
Deion

Hate:
Dukes
Davis
That new guy on NFLN who was showing off his NFL Draft Press Pass last night
Merrill Hodge
Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
Like:
Mayock
Eisen
Wilcots
Faulk
Deion

Hate:
Dukes
Davis
Merrill Hodge
Yes they both sucked ass. Merrrill Hodge is a doosh.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-24-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
No ESPN guys? For the most part I agree with those guys, but I'd put Eisen in "Like" as well as Wyche, and put Prime in the Lukewarm. I too, am very easy to please.
I guess I kinda like Eisen too, sometimes I think the poor guy tries to hard though lol. Don't got a good enough feel for Wyche yet.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN's Michael Smith is really starting to come on as an Insider IMO I know you asked for analysts but some thing I have be thinking about.

As for Merrill Hodge it would not be so bad if he would stop talking about the Steelers for two seconds but he can't.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jaws when he's talking about young QBs. An anchor who is growing on me is Josh Elliot. Mayock is pretty legit too. I hate Charles Davis and McShay.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like:
Eisen
Wingo
Mooch
Mayock
Dilfer
Wilcots
Faulk
Schefter
Schlereth

Hate:
Hodge
Dukes
Wiley
Carter
Mort
Glazer
Berman
Clayton
Keyshawn

REALLY Hate:
Mcshay
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hate:
Are you talking about the guy with the gray greased-up combed-back hair and the New York accent? I mute the TV when he comes on. He's a complete jerk to whomever he talks with, and has a horrid attitude. I'd rather have TO as a co-worker then this guy.

For the most part I like most of the people on the air, aside from Dukes. The one pair that I don't like are Baldinger and Sterling Sharpe. During the season they have a show where they do film study for that week's match-ups, and it seems they spend more time complimenting each other then talking about the film.
falloutboy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like: Mayock, Kiper, Mcshay, Eisen
Dislike: Dukes, Charles Davis, HODGE

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like: Michael Irvin, Steve Young, John Clayton
Dislike: [Insert any other person talking you want]

Also, when people are listing the hosts of shows (Rich Eisen, for example), they aren't analysts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eisen > everyone else
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Are you talking about the guy with the gray greased-up combed-back hair and the New York accent? I mute the TV when he comes on. He's a complete jerk to whomever he talks with, and has a horrid attitude. I'd rather have TO as a co-worker then this guy.

For the most part I like most of the people on the air, aside from Dukes. The one pair that I don't like are Baldinger and Sterling Sharpe. During the season they have a show where they do film study for that week's match-ups, and it seems they spend more time complimenting each other then talking about the film.
Exactly the guy Im talking about, who in the world is that guy?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone just say they hate John Clayton? Is it possible to hate John Clayton? Anyways I really hate Merril Hodge, he's an idiot, and I just have this image of him in my head of slapping women's asses off camera like in Anchorman or something, random image I know. Trent Dilfer is growing on me, except he gets a 10 inch woody everytime someone mentions Mark Sanchez.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

i hate skip bayless more than anyone else on this earth

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like: Mayock, Davis, Casserly, Eisen, Schefter, hot chicks on NFLN and ESPN, Jaws, Clayton, Michael Smith, Troy Aikman when he gets a chance, Dan Marino, sometimes Phil Simms, sometimes Collinsworth, Tom Jackson.

Dislike: Skip Brainless, Tony Kornheiser, Steven A. Smith, Jamie Dukes, Deon Sanders, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, Mel Kiper, Boomer Esiason.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really dislike any analyst enough to put them in an overall category. I don't like Phil Simms or Skip Bayless when they get angry (at times it seems like they only get angry just for attention). But both can be entertaining and bring interesting, thought provoking discussion to the table -- when they're not ranting, of course.

Everyone on NFLnetwork (besides Eisen) gets a little over the top, especially in regards to the rumors / small stuff (it's a network 100% devoted to a sport that is only "active" for 20 of the 52 weeks in a year -- what are you going to do, right?) and of course that's a little annoying. But even so, I don't share the Charles Davis, Jamie Dukes or Deon Sanders hate.

Collinsworth seems to be my favorite analyst. He's not grumpy, he's fairly professional & he generally knows what he's talking about.

my least favorite analyst is probably Keshawn Johnson(if you can even call him an analyst). His lack of overall knowledge for the majority of the subjects he discusses is astounding.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dislike Tom Waddell from NFLN. When him and Jamie Dukes done that show last year it was painful to watch. I like Mayock Brian Billick and I like watching Deion but he talks nonsense

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Skip Bayless. Not because he is sensible, in fact, I disagree with most of the things he says. But he can make an argument out of anything. I think that's what they pay him for.

I also really like Todd McShay, even more so than Mel Kiper. I don't really dislike any analyst out there, as I have respect for all. I watched Hasselbeck and McShay debate on Mark Sanchez last night, and Hasselbeck certainly held his own, so I have a growing respect for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like:

Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

no not Wyche, the older guy with the his hair all slicked back who can barley put a sentence together.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guys I hate the most: Charles Davis, Todd McShay, Jamie Dukes, Skip Blayless
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like: Mayock, Casserly, Kiper, M. Smith, McShay, Billick, Davis, Schefter, Wilcotts, Mooch,

Dislike: Dukes, Bayless, Hodge, Dilfer, Sanders, Berman, Clayton.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like:

Eisen
Faulk
Mayok
Micheal Smith
Deion
Mooch
Casserly
Schefter
Billick
Dilfer

Dislike:

Mort
Boomer
Emmitt
Clayton
Bayless
Stephen "I love T.O" A. Smith
Jamie Dukes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God almighty... I don't mind Trent Dilfer. But he has a massive chubby for Mark Sanchez. He will not stop worshipping the ground where this guy walks.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote