Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolling Papers leaked.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rolling Papers leaked.
Where at??

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rolling Papers leaked.
Actually it came out last August :/

i know you're talkin about wiz but he stole the name
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Where at??
I just heard most of the CD on Youtube. I'll have to listen again.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been hearing a lot about this Lil B guy and I decided to check him out, this is what I found.

Now, over the past 5 or so years I've been thinking hip hop took a turn for the worst. This video pretty much sums it up for me, there is something seriously wrong with the rest of my generation. What is appealing about this guy or the other mentally ******** popular rappers like Gucci, Flocka, Wayne, etc.? Even Wiz Khalifa and Drake have zero talent but they're popular because they're sell outs, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone who's a fan of these guys but it ****** me off.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya Ive listen to a few now already. Rooftops ft Currensy is my favourite outside of tracks that have already been released. The beats in all the songs are crazy thats for sure

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old Drake in my opinion had a lot of talent. It just sucks he landed with Young Money. Look up "Think Good Thoughts" if you thank Drake had zero talent back then. And you gotta understand our generation has a lot of different type of likes. People either like stuff they can bump in their car, thought provoking rappers or they just roll with whatever trend is currently popular.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
So I've been hearing a lot about this Lil B guy and I decided to check him out, this is what I found.

Now, over the past 5 or so years I've been thinking hip hop took a turn for the worst. This video pretty much sums it up for me, there is something seriously wrong with the rest of my generation. What is appealing about this guy or the other mentally ******** popular rappers like Gucci, Flocka, Wayne, etc.? Even Wiz Khalifa and Drake have zero talent but they're popular because they're sell outs, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone who's a fan of these guys but it ****** me off.
Ahhhh Hip Hop snobs, you're just as bad as the people who listen to strictly Guccie, Flocka, and wayne.

I personally think it's beautiful how Hip Hop has branched off into these different sub genres. Let people express themselves the way they wanna express themselves, everyone doesn't have to be a Lupe or a Jay Electronica. If that's what you like there are plenty of artists out that put out that type of music.

I love that I can put on some Jay Electronica and zone the **** out, listening to him weave through a song like a hip hop wizard.

I also love that I can throw on some lil b, and wild the **** out listening to him talk about violating bitches orally. That's the based movement, flowing unconsciously not giving a **** about what people think about what you say. Lil B calls himself a pretty ***** and doesn't give a **** if you think that's *** or not because he could probably **** your *****.

and the dude has skills, he ethered everyones favorite mixtape rapper:

On a track with 9th wonder, Phonte, and Jean Grae

"based for your face, two times, you don't see no acting, all they do is rhyme words such typical rappers"

went bananas on the XXL cypher:

stop taking everything so serious and stop holding everything to the same standards. The guys not trying to be KRS One, he's clearly got skill, he just wants to do it his way not how he is "supposed" to do it. All these hip hop heads getting butt hurt are missing the point, it's like no one let yall in on the joke. Yall are the same ************* that are in a tizzy over that Rebecca Black *****.

The whole based movement is about making something out of nothing, and if you wrap your head around that idea you see the genius in what the dude has done. Lil B is not dumb, to me he's like the rap Borat and when he fools people like you I lulz

THANK YOU BASeDGOD!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^^^
winner.

admittedly, I used to be a bit of a hip-hop snob myself and was pretty bored with new stuff but have definitely changed my attitude towards it recently. I still am a bit of a snob but only really when people start ranking rappers or wanna label someone "best rapper alive". one of the great thing that's so great about hip-hop, is the diversity that exists within it. basically every other genre in some form, is contained within hip-hop. the genre is pretty much limitless. there's a lot of crap out there, no denying that. but as long as there's still creative minds out there who aren't afraid to try new things and push the boundaries, hip-hop will continue to live. some may say lil b is killing hip-hop, but the fact that he's so creative, so unique and isn't afraid to try anything, might just mean the opposite.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-22-2011 at 03:57 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with artists doing their own thing, that's the way it should be. The problem I have is that imagery and portrayal of an artist are now valued much more than skill level, it's almost like the industry doesn't care about skills anymore. As long as you're talking about swag this or swag that, you're gonna blow up. In the 90s dudes like Busta Rhymes, Bone Thugs, and Redman brought their own style into hip hop, creating new sub genres, it was different but sounded cool because they had crazy skills. When I hear **** now, 90% of the time I ask myself how in the hell did this guy get a record deal?

The difference in the standards throughout the masses and throughout the industry is what I have a problem with.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-22-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, no need to be a hip-hop snob.

I'm also one to switch between different forms of hip-hop, depending on what I'm feeling for at the time. Whether it's Wiz, Mac Miller, J Cole, Big Krit, it doesn't matter. And I pay homage to old school classics occasionally, too.

I'm not going to stray away from what I find as appealing, just because it has a "mainstream" sound to it.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those aren't the only rappers I listen to, but some of my favs for sure lol.

I find it amusing that we always settle onto this argument every so often.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank based god.

swag

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with artists doing their own thing, that's the way it should be. The problem I have is that imagery and portrayal of an artist are now valued much more than skill level, it's almost like the industry doesn't care about skills anymore. As long as you're talking about swag this or swag that, you're gonna blow up. In the 90s dudes like Busta Rhymes, Bone Thugs, and Redman brought their own style into hip hop, creating new sub genres, it was different but sounded cool because they had crazy skills. When I hear **** now, 90% of the time I ask myself how in the hell did this guy get a record deal?

The difference in the standards throughout the masses and throughout the industry is what I have a problem with.
I agree with you man, the term talented has lost some meaning.

I think that it has a ton to do with the internet. Artists release insane amounts of music and kids eat it up and they don't have to pay for it so in some aspects I think that the standards have dropped because there is no investment being made.

"Aside from his involvement with the Pack, Lil B garnered popularity through the use of social media Web sites. He created over 155 MySpace pages in order to upload all of his music. He recorded over 1,500 tracks as of July 2010"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_B

That really just says to me that he puts minimal effort in to each song and just pumps them out. But then people call it good because it didn't cost them anything? I guess that is where his "based god movement" comes in? I feel like flowing and not giving a **** really just means you suck at freestyling.

Rap isn't so much about being talented anymore as it is about constantly working on something so they stay in the kid's heads.

This argument always reminds me of how people reacted to punk music. Although I still consider lil B a passing phase.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:

It never did. It was always all about the Benjamins. But regardless the time, era or genre, people have always adjusted their standards to whatever the industry has pushed on them. Even in hip-hop's heyday, the artist who got record deals were the artists the labels felt were most marketable and could make them the most money. That's just the way it all works.

I agree with you that having standards is very important. There is a ton of crap out there but there's still good music being produced - you (and I) may just need to look a little harder. There's nothing you or I can do about changing people's standards to meet our own so you might as well just accept that the different standards and different tastes are apart of the diversity within hip-hop.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

and the dude has skills, he ethered everyones favorite mixtape rapper:

I feel like comparing lil B dissing Joe Budden to Nas' dissing Jay-Z is a slight exaggeration...

Plus this made me laugh
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ith-joe-budden
Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Fear of God I think that I'm in love with Pusha T. If you don't have it yet, download it. Now.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just felt like posting a old school classic

how do you post youtube videos?

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 03-22-2011 at 09:17 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love gucci, but trap house is still his best IMO

And how about some of the good stuff, off of The End album

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

one of my favorite tracks off the new Pharaohe Monch.

And I don't really like female MCs but Jean Grae can spit.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P monch one of the most underrated mcs ever, he been dropping ill **** since organized konfusion
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

few more gems off some recent projects

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-23-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Just felt like posting a old school classic

how do you post youtube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC5Xs...el_video_title

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone use datpiff.com? I just started using it and when I put the songs into Itunes then tried to play them it said Itunes could not locate the song. WTF do I do so I can play it?