Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft day thread

Draft tomorrow! Yay.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is anyone here praying Everette Brown falls to us in round 2 like I am?

He's easily the best pure pass rusher in this draft in my book and can help right away in that aspect. I want him in the worst way.

I doubt we take him round 1 but if he slips, I hope we are all over him.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see Brown falling that far. If he is there for us to take at #25, then I think we will likely take him.

If Brown isnt there, I hope Parcells takes either Nicks or Butler.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
I dont see Brown falling that far. If he is there for us to take at #25, then I think we will likely take him.

If Brown isnt there, I hope Parcells takes either Nicks or Butler.
Yea that's basically how I feel.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Woooooo Vontae.

Would have preferred some other guys but I'm digging it!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-25-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Uuuuuuugh Pat White.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Parcells had a good first day of draft. Davis is gonna be a stud as long as he matures and listen to what the coaches tell him, which I think he will. Iffy on White. He is a good player, but I would like to draft a WR who has played some WR and not a project, we will see though. I guess Parcells and co has more confidence in our WR's then we think. White could turn out to be a dangerous weapon for us. Smith gives us a tall corner who can match up with the tall WR's and defend them. He can also play CB and S for us. Will Allen is in his contract year and Jason Allen is pretty much gone I think.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'd give us a solid B+ today. Davis and Smith were great picks at a great value and even done with a trade down. White is a solid player who was picked more or less at proper value but isn't really a meat and potatoes type of pick that we needed IMO. Had we have landed a real WR at that spot, easily and A instead of a B+.

Here's my take:

Vontae Davis: You all know I was talking him up earlier in the process. I cooled on that when it seemed we wouldn't take a risk on his character issues. I still love the pick. He is about as close to ideal as you can get for what we run and has the most physical ability of any CB in this draft. The value was right on.

Pat White: Meh. I get why the pick was made and what he will bring as far as a slot WR that can run some plays and open up the Wildcat offense. But I hate the idea of using a mid 2nd rounder on such a luxury pick when we still have gapping holes at WR, OLB, ILB, and NT. I wouldn't mind him nearly as much in round 3 or 4. I like the player and I agree with the idea behind the pick. Just don't think what he brings was worth where he was drafted.

Sean Smith: I think everyone here will agree. Trading down to get an extra 5th while still getting Smith who our staff was head over heals for is a stroke of genius. Best move of the day. I fully expect Smith and Davis to have 2 of the 3 prominent CB roles 2 years from now. Much better depth at the position now with Allen, Davis, Smith, Green and Allen. No more Joey Thomas or Nate Jones.

Looking foward: Jared Cook, Cornelius Ingram, Ramses Barden, Brandon Tate, Lawrence Sidbury, Jarron Gilbert, Jasper Brinkley, Rashad Johnson, Jason Watkins, Jamon Meredith, Terrence Taylor, and Terrence Knighton all intrigue me as good picks for rounds 3,4,5 tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Ugh seriously Patrick Turner.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ugh seriously Patrick Turner.
I thought he would go higher then most thought because based on physical ability, he's a day 1 pick. But I was thinking more of a mid 4th/early 5th for him. I think we reached there some.

But he does embody what we need in a WR. If somehow Sparano can get the underachiever out of him, it could turn out to be a decent pick. As a low 3rd rounder, I wouldn't complain if he turned out to be a solid possession guy and 3rd down threat.

I do like the Hartline pick tho. He will never be more then a 3rd WR/slot guy but he is tough, goes over the middle, throws his body around and grinds out the yardage. He adds something that we've been missing at WR for a few years now. Plus he's a good STeamer to boot. I love that pick.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give the draft a solid B-. Vontae,White,Smith, and Turner will all get a chance to make an impact. Not a fan of the Hartline pick, but he adds to ST, and could be a threat in the slot. Clemons could compete with Culver for the 3rd safety spot. Garner should be a back-up. The other 2 picks I'm guessing are PS guys.

So I'm not overly ecstatic, but I've seen us do much worse in the past.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
I'd give the draft a solid B-. Vontae,White,Smith, and Turner will all get a chance to make an impact. Not a fan of the Hartline pick, but he adds to ST, and could be a threat in the slot. Clemons could compete with Culver for the 3rd safety spot. Garner should be a back-up. The other 2 picks I'm guessing are PS guys.

So I'm not overly ecstatic, but I've seen us do much worse in the past.
I feel the same way basically. I love the Vontae and Smith picks but outside of that, it's very ordinary.

I like the fact that we went in with a strategy and came way with 3 DBs and 3 WRs as well as hitting on other needs like OT, ILB and TE to develope.

We are trying to pump up the weakness of this team and I agree with that.

I also love the fact we targeted CB early and often as there was a huge run on CBs during rounds 3-4 which would have killed our chances at landing immediate impact talents at that point. There's only so many big physical CBs that fit what we do and they were long gone by our 3rd and 4th rounders so getting on them early was the right move IMO.

That said, I'm iffy on Turner and while I like Hartline he isn't ever going to be more then a number 3 WR. White also has his issues but I see the reason for him here. But with taking 3 WRs in this draft we up our chances that at least 1 will pan out pretty well and be a solid starter for us for a long time. You have to think that between Ginn, Bess, Turner, White and Hartline, we can find at least 2 starting caliber WRs.

I do still feel like we will be looking for that big time go to WR down the road in 2 years.

Solid offseason overall tho. We revamped the DB situation with Wilson and Green along with good picks in Davis, Smith and Clemons. That unit should be greatly improved. We added some elements to WR and TE that will help us improve the offense going forward. I feel real good about our OL and we added good depth there. a 9 man OL of Long, Smiley, Grove, Thomas, Carey, Alleman, Berger, Gardner, and Murphy is solid with some depth and upside.

Our DE rotation is good and we added some competition at OLB and pass rush.

I still feel like we will have issues with finding a true number 1 WR, will finding a big time pass rushing OLB to eventually replace Porter and with finding a top notch young NT. Those seem like the 3 biggest areas of need heading into next year IMO.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I feel the same way basically. I love the Vontae and Smith picks but outside of that, it's very ordinary.

I like the fact that we went in with a strategy and came way with 3 DBs and 3 WRs as well as hitting on other needs like OT, ILB and TE to develope.

We are trying to pump up the weakness of this team and I agree with that.

I also love the fact we targeted CB early and often as there was a huge run on CBs during rounds 3-4 which would have killed our chances at landing immediate impact talents at that point. There's only so many big physical CBs that fit what we do and they were long gone by our 3rd and 4th rounders so getting on them early was the right move IMO.

That said, I'm iffy on Turner and while I like Hartline he isn't ever going to be more then a number 3 WR. White also has his issues but I see the reason for him here. But with taking 3 WRs in this draft we up our chances that at least 1 will pan out pretty well and be a solid starter for us for a long time. You have to think that between Ginn, Bess, Turner, White and Hartline, we can find at least 2 starting caliber WRs.

I do still feel like we will be looking for that big time go to WR down the road in 2 years.

Solid offseason overall tho. We revamped the DB situation with Wilson and Green along with good picks in Davis, Smith and Clemons. That unit should be greatly improved. We added some elements to WR and TE that will help us improve the offense going forward. I feel real good about our OL and we added good depth there. a 9 man OL of Long, Smiley, Grove, Thomas, Carey, Alleman, Berger, Gardner, and Murphy is solid with some depth and upside.

Our DE rotation is good and we added some competition at OLB and pass rush.

I still feel like we will have issues with finding a true number 1 WR, will finding a big time pass rushing OLB to eventually replace Porter and with finding a top notch young NT. Those seem like the 3 biggest areas of need heading into next year IMO.
I don't think that OLB is as big of a need as everyone was making it out to be. I actually think that taking an OLB would just have been a luxury pick this year and not neccesarily a need by any stretch. Roth should be much improved IMO in his second year playing full-time OLB, Wake should be at least a solid player for us, Walden will be a pleasant surprise, and Anderson should be a serviceable role player once again. Add in the fact that we will probably re-sign Jason Taylor IMO. We had other needs, and if it comes down to it, will wait to get a young pass rusher later rather than sooner. I think the FO actually viewed the signing of Cam Wake as equivalent to a draft pick and will wait and see what he brings, rather than use another pick on a position where we already have so many young guys that can contribute.

We did also ignore the NT position, which is very questionable still. I think we are looking to squeeze every last little bit out of Jason Ferguson, and I think he should be a very good player once again for at least one more season. But this position will probably be right at the top of our list going into next year's draft. There are some very good players that should be available next year for us in Vince Oghobaase and Terrence Cody. Let's not forget about Vince Wilfork possibly becoming a FA next season and with the Pats selection of Ron Brace in the 2nd round, I could very easily see that becoming a much better possibility now.

And while we do need a #1 WR, I don't think it matters all that much with Penny returning at QB. He utilizes small-ball better than anyone and we are already equipped for that perfectly. We don't need a big guy at the moment because Pennington wouldn't be able to utilize him correct right now anyway. Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, and Hartline are the guys we need now and if Turner can come around as a red-zone threat, then all the better. We must remember that the Tight Ends are the guys that Penny uses and those are out red-zone threats. Next year's WR class is stacked as it appears at the moment and I think we will focus on the true #1 guy next season when Chad Henne appears poised to take over the reigns.

Just my 2 pennies. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote