Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-24-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Draft Day Thread

Like last year, I'll be updating this when the picks are made so people can find a quick reference. Feel free to post your thoughts/comments in here as well. It'll be stickied!

1(3): Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU
3(67): Alex Magee - DE/DT - Purdue
4(102): Donald Washington - CB - Ohio State
5(139): Colin Brown - OT - Missouri
6(175): Quinten Lawrence - WR - McNeese State
7(212): Javarras Williams - RB - Tennessee State
7(237): Jake O'Connell - TE - Miami (OH)
7(256):Ryan Succop - K - South Carolina

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-26-2009 at 06:37 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Curry heck I'm even okay now with getting an OT or Raji but PLEASE not Jackson
Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Ready to get this thing underway!

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Chiefs more than any other AFC West team. BJ could play 3-4 DE if he loses weight. He has proven pass rush ability.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only person I don't want at the third pick is Tyson Jackson. I would literally be fine with almost any other pick or a trade down. Hell, I'd be fine with Jackson if we traded down and selected him later, but picking him at #3 just screams stupid to me.

It's almost here. Like last year we'll be in mIRC in the #chiefs channel (as well as #nfldraftcountdown) if you're bored and want to come chat LIVE! The last few years the site has slowed down to a stop during the draft with everyone refreshing etc. You should have gotten a PM from JBond on how to easily join us. Hope to see some of you in there. :)

Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
The only person I don't want at the third pick is Tyson Jackson. I would literally be fine with almost any other pick or a trade down. Hell, I'd be fine with Jackson if we traded down and selected him later, but picking him at #3 just screams stupid to me.
QFT. (10 char)
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm nervous this year! Not sure why. Hopefully somebody wants Sanchez bad and we can trade down. If we're stuck at #3, I still think OT is the best value and area of need.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Scott Pioli thinks Tyson Jackson is worth the 3rd pick who am I to disagree he is the one with 3 rings not me that said I prefer Raji but would be fine with Jackson.

Last edited by Splat : 04-25-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The great thing is that we're all entitled to our opinions. My opinion is that Tyson Jackson would be a gigantic reach at #3. I'm not saying Pioli is wrong, I'm saying I'd hate the pick.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The great thing is that we're all entitled to our opinions. My opinion is that Tyson Jackson would be a gigantic reach at #3. I'm not saying Pioli is wrong, I'm saying I'd hate the pick.
hate might be a nice way of describing how I'd feel
Old 04-25-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

More and more are saying Tyson Jackson, I will be upset much so if they make this move. I think it's an absolute REACH to pick him at No. 3.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I think with the Cassel extension that Smith or Monroe will be our pick if we can't trade down
Old 04-25-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

TYSON JACKSON...I wanted CURRY!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I'd like to congratulate Pioli on once again dropping the ball on this one
Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Now that Tyson Jackson is our player, I am going to support him but I have to admit that once we didn't pick Curry my heart sank a little.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I am so livid right now it's not bad enough we traded TG but now we pass on the best player in the draft for this guy who does'nt even give us what we need and that's a pass rush
Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Horrible pick. Pioli has made some headscratchers since he's been here.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just filled our biggest need.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
He just filled our biggest need.
With a completely AVERAGE college player and a total reach at the place we were picking. You can get 5tech DEs in rounds 2 through 7. Picking one 3rd overall is just flat out stupid.

Anyone else would have been a better pick.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
With a completely AVERAGE college player and a total reach at the place we were picking. You can get 5tech DEs in rounds 2 through 7. Picking one 3rd overall is just flat out stupid.

Anyone else would have been a better pick.
AMEN!!!!(10 char)
Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

I do have to agree that it was a reach. Tyson Jackson may prove me wrong, but I think he was a 9th-13th pick area range. You don't get top 5 picks often, unless your a select few teams...so you want to get an elite talent there. I feel like we didn't get an ELITE player with our pick.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

no other way to describe today other then letdown.all the buildup and all we got was that?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jarron Gilbert is still on the board. I would have preferred him playing 5tech for us than Tyson Jackson too.

Extremely disappointing day. We got a player who could potentially be good, never great, but will most likely, at best, be solid.

People argue that Tyson Jackson will help our LBs make plays. What LBs? Zach Thomas and Vrabel?

Bleh. I really hope we have a good day two otherwise this could potentially set us back. At least the rest of the AFC West drafted like idiots too.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

It's going to be this way watching Pioli draft. We will draft interior players early and often which is how you build a football team. It's not always sexy. I do think that our LB's will be better once our DLine gets better. I really liked Curry, but I wouldn't be suprised if Tyson Jackson doesn't add 3-5 sacks to Derrick Johnson's total this year just by keeping blockers off of him. I personally thought we would go OLine but I imagine I thought more of Monroe than the FO did. I was suprised we didn't do more moving around today though and it made for a rather boring day 1. Tomorrow will be interesting as I have to imagine there will be some moving around ecspecially to aquire more 2010 picks. I also wouldn't be shocked to see LJ moved tomorrow. Can't wait until the morning when we finally got to pick again.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

If only Carl Peterson would have made a comeback only to make the first round pick and then quit again back to Pioli. lol I just wanted Curry, he is even a good guy. It was nice to see his emotions being drafted too...would have been so nice with Derrick Johnson.