Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
He must suck then.
Keep being sarcastic all you want, it doesn't phase me in the least. :)

Doesn't mean he sucks, just weird that the last two picks are players that many believe could have been UDFAs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL I don't mean to be a prick but it just gets to me people getting so mad you can't grade this draft or any other draft for atleast three years.

This draft could turn our to be the worst draft ever but it could also turn out to be great there is no way what so ever to know today.

T-Rich sounds like he is ready to dress up in a clown suit get on a roof and start sniping people its not that bad.:)

Last edited by Splat : 04-26-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL I don't mean to be a prick but it just gets to me people getting so mad you can't grade this draft or any other draft for atleast three years.

This draft could turn our to be the worst draft ever but it could also turn out to be great there is no way what so ever to know today.

T-Rich sounds like he is ready to dress up in a clown suit get on a roof and start sniping people its not that bad.:)
I've said it a lot in irc and on the boards, Tyson Jackson is going to be a solid to good player. The thing I disagreed with was WHERE he was picked, that's it. Our DLine could be absolutely BEASTLY for a 4-3 under, I just thought there was better value for us there.

As for the rest of the picks, I'm concerned we didn't address the offensive line until a little known (or not known) offensive tackle. Granted, he's from Mizzou so the FO could know a hell of a lot more about him than other teams, but no one has heard of this WR. He could be a solid contributer, but I don't get cutting Will Franklin and Kevin Robinson for this guy, that's all.

Overall I'd give our draft a C-, reaching for Jackson, taking a CB that isn't needed, and taking two players, back to back, that many people had never even heard of. I don't think it could be better than a C overall but that isn't to say that it won't be a positive thing in a few years.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand 100% but we knew going in this was going to take time we just need to have some patience way to many holes for one off season.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not happy with this class.It's like waiting all week for christmas but instead of a new video game system you asked for you get a bunch of socks.major dissappointment
Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with what happened. New regime, new philosophy. It could be the Chiefs wanted Jackson, and wanted to move down but nothing materialized. Better to get the guy they wanted then to get one they didn't.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
John Preston
Rookie

John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is going to protect Matt Cassel, and who is going to get to the other team's quarterback?
John Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

You can obviously tell that Pioli wanted to set a BASE for the Chiefs. Build a core. Build from the inside out...and give them some time. We have come accustomed to seeing teams turn everything around in a year but we can't EXPECT that. I do expect to win more, but give him 1-2 more years here and lets see what this team starts to turn into.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Go back to sacks allowed per pass attempt last year. Our o-line, while not as good as it was in the past, was serviceable. They've upgraded with Goff. Albert and Niswanger now in the second year of starting. And Brian Waters will be just fine. He's a pro.

I would have preferred an OT with that first pick to replace McIntosh, but you guys are certainly cracking me up. :) The sky is not falling. Pioli and Haley obviously decided that rebuilding our AWFUL defensive line, which is not remotely suited to play the 3-4 (not even suited to play the 4-3 if you look at last year's stats), was much more important than supplementing our average offensive line.

Pioli can talk about winning this year, but he's targeting 2010 and 2011, not 2009. These are all pieces for the larger puzzle.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They got a stud DE, a guy who will play DE for them when they switch to a 3-4, and a bunch of back-ups. Considering their starters are pretty-well set, it wasn't terrible. Only real problem I have with it is they drafted some random K when Graham Gano went undrafted...

Tyson Jackson is being very underrated as a 4-3 DE. He can do it all...could be a Mario Williams-type of talent for the Chiefs on the strong side in Pendergast's scheme.

Also, a lot of the guys already on the roster are being overlooked (Barry Richardson). And they've still got a lot of off-season to work with.

Pioli is more of a free agency guy. He does a great job maneuvering and getting 3-4 guys out of each draft, but his real skill is getting quality free agents on the cheap.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They got a stud DE, a guy who will play DE for them when they switch to a 3-4, and a bunch of back-ups. Considering their starters are pretty-well set, it wasn't terrible. Only real problem I have with it is they drafted some random K when Graham Gano went undrafted...

Tyson Jackson is being very underrated as a 4-3 DE. He can do it all...could be a Mario Williams-type of talent for the Chiefs on the strong side in Pendergast's scheme.

Also, a lot of the guys already on the roster are being overlooked (Barry Richardson). And they've still got a lot of off-season to work with.

Pioli is more of a free agency guy. He does a great job maneuvering and getting 3-4 guys out of each draft, but his real skill is getting quality free agents on the cheap.
I'm curious why you think Tyson Jackson could be a Mario Williams type DE in the 4-3 when he hasn't shown that he can be a consistent pass rusher period? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what exactly are you seeing that I'm not? He doesn't seem to be a good pass rusher at all. He could be an excellent run stuffer, he could pressure the QB, he can take on blockers for our LBs to make plays, but I really doubt he will ever be anything near Mario Williams.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to Alex Magee he was set to become a Bear had KC not taken him
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
according to Alex Magee he was set to become a Bear had KC not taken him

I head that too. In most of the post draft grades the Bears where celebrated with the Gilbert selecton and the Magee selection was frowned upon. I guess you never know how the draft truely shakes out.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't think we need the draft threads to be pinned up top any more. :)
Old 08-19-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't think we need the draft threads to be pinned up top any more. :)
I actually just thought about that myself yesterday. lol

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was out of town in Vegas/Anaheim. Your wish is my command.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Hope you had a good time!