Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-25-2009, 04:58 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers War Room Thread

Lets get this party started.... does anyone have a clue who the hell we will draft?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

I'm guessing Maualuga. I lost a little respect for Mike Mayock for his Chargers pick, Moreno. I thought he was better than that.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

who the hell is larry english

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Another crazy AJ pick. I hope this doesn't mean Merriman is gone after next year.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<sigh> I feel that the team needed help now. I like the idea of adding another pass rusher, but there are still several holes that haven't been filled.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

I'm becoming convinced that it wasn't AJ Smith who built this team. This is looking like the third consecutive draft failure. I guess they'll take a qb with their next pick.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at some of the overreactions in this thread. With a weak as hell draft we managed to pick up a studly looking pass rusher, to help out our defense that let QBs take a nap before throwing the ball. The sky is falling, chicken little.

With Merriman back and English in the fold, our D can be scary again, not a pathetic oozing corpse. Winning a Super Bowl is about creating and exploiting mismatches, and this pick will allow Ron Rivera to go crazy.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
<sigh> I feel that the team needed help now. I like the idea of adding another pass rusher, but there are still several holes that haven't been filled.
Think of it this way. The Chargers went from the 14th ranked pass defense to 31st and from 11-5 to 8-8. What changed? Shawn Merriman got hurt. So the Chargers got their insurance policy and really, I can't fault them for that. Especially when you consider having a stronger pass rush never EVER hurts.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:55 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Don't get me wrong - I like Larry English. I think he's going to be a good, not great, player for the Chargers. But our running game is bad, Clary is average, Marcus McNeill was shaky last year, he has a contract coming up, and health issues. The team is woefully thin at offensive tackle. Overall it was a good draft, but if you grade out this offseason as a whole, nothing's been done about safety or OL.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard we picked up 18 UDFA's and see if we can get lucky and find another Antonio Gates in the bunch.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I heard we picked up 18 UDFA's and see if we can get lucky and find another Antonio Gates in the bunch.
From what I saw of Beckwith at LSU, if he can't beat out Wilhelm...then Wilhelm broke his legs. Seriously another season of this joker starting will kill me. Here's hoping Burnett puts on a clinic too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote