Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Steelers Draft Discussion Thread

Discuss the draft here. I am excited to see who slides and who rises up the board. We will have to wait forever in a day to pick, though.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reallllly hope we don't draft Unger at 32. He is a solid player and I would like him, but not at 32. I would rather have Mack or Wood than Unger.

My final 5 on who we can pick are:

Alex Mack
Eric Wood
Jarron Gilbert
Ziggy Hood
Top corner available
Old 04-25-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

To be honest, I'm not worried about the first round.

It's what we do in the 2nd here that will make or break it. Will we trade up to get a stud, or keep our fingers crossed that one of "our guys" (i.e. Moala, Gilbert, Wood) will still be there at #64?

I'll be dialed in on that 2nd round where you become more fixated about each and every pick (guy) coming off the board. Very intense. And I f*cking love it.
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

I don't think the Hood predictions are a smokescreen. I'm guessing we get him at 1.32 and trade up for OL in two (Wood, most likely).

Hood + Wood would be a real good (and real safe) first day imo.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
To be honest, I'm not worried about the first round.

It's what we do in the 2nd here that will make or break it. Will we trade up to get a stud, or keep our fingers crossed that one of "our guys" (i.e. Moala, Gilbert, Wood) will still be there at #64?

I'll be dialed in on that 2nd round where you become more fixated about each and every pick (guy) coming off the board. Very intense. And I f*cking love it.
best psot of this guys career

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would like one of these 7....
Mack
Wood
Unger
Gilbert
Britton
Brace
Hood

Trading up in the 2nd would be great...two of that group above would be tremendous.

Last edited by THav916 : 04-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WHat would you think if we traded down with the browns? And I also think that GIlbert won't be there at 64, I think he will get picked up by the panthers.
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dammit, the browns took Mack
Old 04-25-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
dammit, the browns took Mack
Yeah i wonder if it was just to spite us...i glad the Vikings took Harvin so we didn't pass him up

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

I hope we trade up for Oher, I am surprised he has lasted this long
Old 04-25-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

Mack going sucks.

Love Oher and Britton still available.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

I just won't say anything now...
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

5 picks away and I like these 7 still out there...Britton, Wood, Unger, Gilbert, Rey, Hood and Brace. (Don't want a CB or WR)
Old 04-25-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wood's gone. Britton is still there. Rey is still there. Butler/Smith are still there. Gilbert too. We're are going to get a real quality player. I would like any of those. I definitely wouldn't mind Unger either.

I think we could trade up in the 2nd for sure.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would love to land Britton! I didn't think we could grab a starting type RT at our pick.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Britton would be there. I hope it's Britton
Old 04-25-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

How about taking Rey and trading foote???
Old 04-25-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow - Butler/Unger/Hood/Gillbert/Britton/Maualuga all still there!

Last edited by CDub : 04-25-2009 at 06:31 PM.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

70% Britton, 20% Rey, 5% Unger, 5% Gilbert

Edit: DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

Last edited by Strongside : 04-25-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Strongside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ziggy!!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

WHAt?????? Ziggy Hood???
Old 04-25-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Ziggy Hood is the pick. I like it. I was just glad it wasn't Unger. I wished we would've gotten Darius Butler, though.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

I can't believe I called it.

Last edited by CDub : 04-25-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

I'm not a fan of him as a 3-4 DE...

But at least we're the World Champions Superbowl Champion.

Whatever. I have faith in our FO.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

Woulda preferred Britton or Unger. Rey was tempting. And I thought Hood, Gilbert or Brace were the three dlineman. I'm very glad the Steelers didn't go with a CB or WR, as many people on here thought they would.